Four-Play WIP Discussion (was SexTec)

DocClox

Yeah I didn't mean objective-based quests like in-game, but more like the scripting and triggers used throughout one; the GECK editor quests, if you will. Sorry for the confusion. I haven't looked at Fallout 4's Creation Kit other than to make small changes to item values, so I'm not sure how different it is to New Vegas' GECK.

I know what you mean. I looked at the Fo3 GECK once, but couldn't get my head around ObScript for some reason.

Although a slight problem (understandable as this is a new feature) is that only the latest scene that triggers actually finishes, the couple in the first scene keeps on going and going and going.

Only patial support at the moment. I can track separate inventories, but they still use the same timer which only remembers one set of actors at a time. That should be easy to fix. After that, it will probably be time to look at animation loading and multi-stage scenes. And at some point, I really need to re-do my Data folder with a proper mod manager. I didn't expect to be modding when I started out and currently. it's a mess.

Any chance you can add OnStageStart(), OnStageEnd() and OnAnimationEnd() events as well as an API call to determine the characters involved?  If you can, I will update aroused for this mod.

Well, you've got an "animation_over" custom event which will do for the OnAnimationEnd one. I've been meaning to add an animation_start ne as well, so that's no problem. Stage start ... I was going to leave that until there was more than one stage per scene, but I suppose if I add them now, people can code against them in readiness.

I've been following the "development" of SexTec from the other thread, but never really posted since I threw all my time  into the fully-functional SexLab. So I'm here to just say it's great you took initiative to fill the gap left by F4SE and the SexTec state. I'm excited to see how far this goes, and what this opens the door for. Keep up the good work

It was only supposed to be an interim solution. But the way things are going...

I didn't think it was possible to add Idles to FormLists, but apparently you can. In FO4Edit at least (can't seem to do it in the Creation Kit). A way that you could allow people to somewhat freely add their own animations to this framework could be done as I outlined below. Now this is definitely not an efficient way of doing this, but it is the only possible way that I know of at this time that should work.

I ahve a couple of ideas, must admit. Idle arrays aren't a problem and we use array properties on something persistent to make sure they hang around. The lack of 2-D arrays is a pain, but I can use the same technique I sue for player inventories to get around that.

Let me get properly awake and I'll see if I can explain it properly. I'm still blinking away cobwebs at the moment smile.png

I took the liberty of leaving a message for Milz (Being Female) to get over here & see what's what.

tongue.png

Cool smile.png

Could we, in a future version, when more important characteristics are implemented, get an auto tfc during the animation with the player involved?

That camera angle is very annoying, I know. I'll have a look.

We need to figure out how to get them out of power armor first, I'd think........

Oddly enough I've been looking at this. I can make actors de-power-armour automatially with the SwitchToPowerArmor(None) call.

I'm a bit reluctant to make this the default though. I can imagine mods like Four-Play Violate where you'd get popped out of your armor, and then by the time you were done, one of the raiders would have stolen it.

Of course, some people would see that as a bonus...

Could we, in a future version, when more important characteristics are implemented, get an auto tfc during the animation with the player involved?

Or maybe a hotkey to toggle it? I don't know if it's possible with the current resources we have, but it would be great.

Oddly enough I've been looking at this. I can make actors de-power-armour automatially with the SwitchToPowerArmor(None) call.

I'm a bit reluctant to make this the default though. I can imagine mods like Four-Play Violate where you'd get popped out of your armor, and then by the time you were done, one of the raiders would have stolen it.

Not a problem........

We can buy a new frame from any ballistic vendor, and the pieces themselves can be stolen back.

I'd rather have that then have my characters walking around deformed for the rest of the game.

;)

The rate this all going is simply amazing. It went from impossible to totally happening in a matter of one day or two.

I asked the gods to intervene........I was getting a tad upset, TBH......Ok, I was REALLY pissed.......lol.

:D

That camera angle is very annoying, I know. I'll have a look.

We need to figure out how to get them out of power armor first, I'd think........

In order to avoid the power armor stolen scenario, a dummy actor could be moved there and made it equip the power armor. In order to avoid potential fights, it could have a perk with the "set undetectable" entry (the same used in Aquaboy/girl, only without the being in water related condition). That would make any NPC unable to detect it and giving it a low aggression and no factions would avoid the dummy NPC being the one starting the combat.

Now, setting it to exit the armor when activated by the player, would allow player recovering the power armor when free (maybe a condition for the player being indeed free, would be a good idea. This through, could lay in the mod setting capturing/slavery states and possibly in other mods using that other ones functionalities).

The NPC, could be put in a storing cell when not needed.

Also, it should be made invisible with a permanent spell using the invisibility effect archetipe, to avoid player seeing a guy entering and exiting the armor.

Making this optional would be as simple as allowing or not the script that teleports it  to the player position and makes it equip the armor.

Of course, I could just take the fusion core from the PA and drop it in the player's inventory.

... but where's the fun in that? ;)

I would tend to add power armor to a blocked list so you would manually have to get out of power armor first before snu snu. Though I guess that might be a problem with the brotherhood companion.

Though I guess that might be a problem with the brotherhood companion.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner, folks!

:D

For those of us who are BoS players, getting out of Power Armor is NOT something we can ignore!

:(

Of course, I could just take the fusion core from the PA and drop it in the player's inventory.

... but where's the fun in that? ;)

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best.........LMAO.

:P  :lol:

found some bugs. when getting rape the clothing don't strip. same thing with the other mods.

Do you have F4SE installed? If using NMM, you have to also copy F4SE's script folder into NMM

Won't make a difference what Four-Play mods you use (Violate, Prostitution or Mindless), if Four-Play itself is not installed correctly/ missing a dependency, you'll get the same problems across the board

For Doc: As you can see, the follower is deformed for the rest of the game, and there is no correcting it.

found some bugs. when getting rape the clothing don't strip. same thing with the other mods.

Do you have F4SE installed? If using NMM, you have to also copy F4SE's script folder into NMM

Won't make a difference what Four-Play mods you use (Violate, Prostitution or Mindless), if Four-Play itself is not installed correctly/ missing a dependency, you'll get the same problems across the board

For Vin: Some NPC's are refusing to strip. Also, the women are using the male position, and vice-versa.

post-95619-0-10094100-1491455580_thumb.jpg

For Doc: As you can see, the follower is deformed for the rest of the game, and there is no correcting it.

For Vin: Some NPC's are refusing to strip. Also, the women are using the male position, and vice-versa.

Your "For Vin" is also for Doc to be honest. All my mods merely set up the context for the sex scenes, then send the actors' reference to the framework to handle the rest: stripping, gender sorting, lining up etc. But take your time, Doc, no pressure. We already have a solid framework with a lot of potential to mess around with.

Try this in the console command...

click on the character, then

recycleactor

sad.png

Yeah, yeah. I know what the problem is smile.png

I had hoped I'd have had fix for you last night, but I ended up turning in at 8pm. Apart from an hour during the night I slept through to 7am. Turns out I'm living on "survival mode" and need my sleep. Who knew? wink.png

That's an odd one. If the first actor is female, it checks to see if the second one is male and swaps them. The only way to get a female in the make role is if both actors are female. Or if you explicitly script it that way.

Urgh. Got to go to work, Might get something done tonight.

You're are doing fine work Doc. All programming is a bit rough to start, and there going to be hiccups. These are times to step back and reflect to try and think of a way to resolve it. You might even notice that a bug can lay the groundwork for another mod, or a fix for a separate problem. Rome wasn't built in a day. If people want it bad enough, they'll wait or help to speed the process (even if they don't realize it.)

On a side note, the only issue I have had when using 4-play and it's add-ons is that the actors don't quite line up right. I believe this may be due to the actors trying to continue with their previous action (walking, working, ect.). My experience in programming is limited and outdated, I'd think there may be some way to write a into the script that will suspend the previous action until the scene has concluded. But I'm not sure if it is possible. As far as the companion stretching issue, I have yet to experience it. I can only attest to what I have experienced. It again sounds like it might have something to do with actor alignment, however without Fallout 4 having any sort of MCM like Skyrim has, it may be difficult to nail these issues down initially. 

Anyways good work so far. Also if anyone has any idea on how to apply physics to the erect male version of EVB, I'd like to try and get a mod made for it. Maybe it'll eventually turn into a SOS-like mod for FO4. I figure it would have to have a bone that physics enabled and weighted, just not sure about how to do it.

I thought I'd take a stab at a how-to-fix-it section for the download page. Comments welcome.

Troubleshooting Guide

I can't get to the test cell!

The test cell is just a cell like any other interior location in the game. You got there by typing

coc 4test

from the console. If you can't get there, it almost certainly means the mod isn't loaded. Check your mod manager and make sure the esp is selected.

Stripping isn't working!

As of 0.0.4 stripping uses F4SE 0.3.0 So make sure that's installed and up to date.

F4SE is installed and up to date and there's still no stripping

F4SE 0.3.0 also modifies some of thje vanilla scripts. In particular Four-Play's stripping code needs the F4SE version of Actor.pex. The easiest way to ensure you're using this is to copy the data folder from the F4Se archive. It's easy to overlook this since the install instructions that come with F4SE 0.3.0 are out of date and don't mention this step at all.

Animations Aren't Working

Check you have the animations installed. Installing Crazy's Gun Mod will do the job, and you can check that the animations thenmselves work with Crazy's gun. If that works, go to the test cell (see above) and use the terminals to see if you can start animations that way. If the test cell works, then the problem is likely with a mod calling Four-Play. If it doesn't I'll need to look at it.

If All Else Fails

There's a lot that could go wrong and a lot of cases that I almost certainly haven't considered. If it's still not working the best way to proceed is to give me a log file to look at. To do that:

• Follow the instructions here
  • start up a game session
  • coc to the test cell.
  • try and start an animation
  • leave the game
  • edit the log file in notepad
  • post the contents to pastebin.com
  • submit the pastebin page - this will give you a new web page with your pasted log file as its contents
  • post the url of the new pastebin page here along with a description of the problem

On a side note, the only issue I have had when using 4-play and it's add-ons is that the actors don't quite line up right. I believe this may be due to the actors trying to continue with their previous action (walking, working, ect.).

Yeah. I think I need to setRestrained as the first thing to do. Then send a stop idle as the second to break any current action, and then see about moving them into place.

I'll have a bit experiment and see what I can do.

My experience in programming is limited and outdated, I'd think there may be some way to write a into the script that will suspend the previous action until the scene has concluded. But I'm not sure if it is possible.

It varies a bit depending on what's happening. There are Packages and Scenes in CK terms. Scenes can be hard to override and I suspect they're behind a lot of the cases where animation fails sometimes but not always. SexLab had a SKSE plugin that provided an absolute override to any current package, but I don't have that luxury.

I did see some package related papyrus calls in the new API though, so maybe there's a bit more built-in support for this sort of thing. Something else I need to look at.

As far as the companion stretching issue, I have yet to experience it. I can only attest to what I have experienced. It again sounds like it might have something to do with actor alignment, however without Fallout 4 having any sort of MCM like Skyrim has, it may be difficult to nail these issues down initially.

If the stretching is the Power Armour deformed arms ... that's a know issue for the game. Getting into PA changes your race a bit like the werewolf transform in Skyrim. If you take someone out of the PA without doign it properly the race change sticks and they look like in VonHelton's screenies.

It's not a problem to block it, and only slightly a problem to get them out before starting a scene (main issue is allowing time for them to finish getting out). It just needs doing :)

Anyways good work so far. Also if anyone has any idea on how to apply physics to the erect male version of EVB, I'd like to try and get a mod made for it. Maybe it'll eventually turn into a SOS-like mod for FO4. I figure it would have to have a bone that physics enabled and weighted, just not sure about how to do it.

Physics and meshes aren't really my strongpoint, I'm afraid, so I don't really have any useful advice. I'll happily support it if you can work out how to make it though.

Archived