Four-Play WIP Discussion (was SexTec)

DocClox

Wait.. why would you try to fuck in power armor anyway, lol?

I can see it now, loud clunking and crashing noises, followed by pieces of armor flying off during a doggy style scene. :lol:

I suppose you could do a fade to black when your health gets too low, and then come to somewhere naked and in trouble with the PA as a burned out frame nearby  containing a collection of broken armor segments.

I was joking around. :D

Four-Play works without F4SE.

Although I'm thinking of making it use F4SE in the next release or so. F4SE has support for reading keyboard events, and we'll need that if we're ever going to have sexlab style hotkey controls for the scenes. Also I have a feeling that using  F4SE to iterate over the biped model might be more efficient when it comes to stripping and redressing actors.

In any case, we're no longer waiting for a fully functional F4SE.

Although I'm thinking of making it use F4SE in the next release or so. F4SE has support for reading keyboard events, and we'll need that if we're ever going to have sexlab style hotkey controls for the scenes. Also I have a feeling that using  F4SE to iterate over the biped model might be more efficient when it comes to stripping and redressing actors.

This guy manages to have hotkeys without F4SE somehow. Not that requiring F4SE would be a big issue at  all

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11664/?

This guy manages to have hotkeys without F4SE somehow. Not that requiring F4SE would be a big issue at  all

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11664/?

Interesting. I saw the mod, just assumed it was F4SE driven. There's console support for 'em apparently. I'll have to have a look and see how he does it programmatically.

I'd still like to avoid having to have a handful of misc items to activate in order to change something, which is probably how it would have to be done with that approach. That said, it did say something about binding to console commands.

I'll see how my stripping loop experiment gets on. I'd really like not to have to wait for all the Unequip events to process.

You don't have any followers in power armor?

When I pimp my follower, it sometimes grabs one in power armor. That follower becomes deformed for the rest of the game.

Oh, and I noticed that some people don't get their clothes & armor back.......

So yes, we need a call to get the follower out of their power armor if they are in it.

I can see it now, loud clunking and crashing noises, followed by pieces of armor flying off during a doggy style scene. :lol:

How else you going to give it to a Deathclaw?

Would be fun to see 2x power armor having sex but it would probably require new animations for it, we should get basic stuff then critters working first :P

Ok, I just spent over an hour trying to find a console command to force my follower out of their power armor. There apparently isn't one, and as we all know, many times to normal dialog to get them out refuses to show up.

I'm going to bed........

:(

A quick update:

Spent last night sorting out the setRestrained/FootIK issues and making sure females in the male position load a strapon if the appropriate mod is installed. No support for other wearables yet.

That was released for 0.0.3. Rest of my time was spent trying to use the F4se slot walking code to try and strip actors in a faster and more deterministic manner. Code's written for that, but I didn't get time to debug it properly. I';m also not sure with this new F4Se if I'm supposed to overwrite the pex files with te F4Se ones or if something clever is supposed to happen with namespaces. Probably it's documented somewhere, I just need more hours in the day :)

[edit]

It's not documented, but installing F4SE should just overwrite the relevant pex files. It's just the source files that are in a different location and I can cope with that.

That explains why the archiver wanted to bundle up actor.pex I suppose.

I had an idea for dialogue triggering sex. I'm not sure if anyone else had thought of it, but if so, hoorah! Future!

We know that there are triggers for quests, such as completing an objective and approaching an NPC, that can make an NPC initiate dialogue with the player. Would it be possible to trigger the Four-Play quest (assuming it's using quests like in New Vegas, iirc) through a hotkey, which would enable an NPC to initiate dialogue for the player and thus, bring up options on how to proceed to sexing through dialogue? 

Would it be possible to trigger the Four-Play quest (assuming it's using quests like in New Vegas, iirc)

Well, it's not a quest in the sense of "go to X, kill Y, fetch Z". It's just that quests are best way to set up global scripts to provide functionality to others.

through a hotkey, which would enable an NPC to initiate dialogue for the player and thus, bring up options on how to proceed to sexing through dialogue?

Could do. Get NPC in sights, hit hotkey for misc item in inventory, That calls a script, works out who you're looking at and triggers a scene with suitable dialogue. It's more or less what Vin's Mindless Sex mod does already. We don't have the SKSE function to get the ref under the crosshairs, but an aimed magic effect projectile might do the job - which is pretty much what vinfamy's sex pistol is doing now I think about it.

Omg, I love ur work.

Why thank you!

News on the stripping front: new F4SE code works, doesn't need any event callbacks and is blazing fast. As in Desi's on the floor fiddling with herself faster than I can turn round from the terminal.

But wait! There's more! wink.png This version uses an array of ObjRefs to keep track of who was wearing what. So for a new scene I add a new reference (I'm using a hacked wig for some reason) to an empty room in the test cell and there's an script attached to the wig, and the script has an array to hold the list of equipped items. So this means per-actor storage, which means we can have as many scenes active as you like, up to the limit imposed by papyrus on array sizes. So that's a possible 128 actors all engaged in various sorts of naughtiness.

Redressing works fine, repeating the scene works... I need to test it on two player scenes and with concurrent nookie, but this is looking very promising.

[edit]

Oh, that is a vast improvement! Everyone gets their proper kit back. Player actions see everyone redress. Putting preston and deb together left deb unclothed and the player frozen for the duration, so there are still things to fix, but it's looking a lot better.

I might put a release together after I've eaten. (I can smell food! Food!)

Would it be possible to trigger the Four-Play quest (assuming it's using quests like in New Vegas, iirc)

Well, it's not a quest in the sense of "go to X, kill Y, fetch Z". It's just that quests are best way to set up global scripts to provide functionality to others.

through a hotkey, which would enable an NPC to initiate dialogue for the player and thus, bring up options on how to proceed to sexing through dialogue?

Could do. Get NPC in sights, hit hotkey for misc item in inventory, That calls a script, works out who you're looking at and triggers a scene with suitable dialogue. It's more or less what Vin's Mindless Sex mod does already. We don't have the SKSE function to get the ref under the crosshairs, but an aimed magic effect projectile might do the job - which is pretty much what vinfamy's sex pistol is doing now I think about it.

Yeah I didn't mean objective-based quests like in-game, but more like the scripting and triggers used throughout one; the GECK editor quests, if you will. Sorry for the confusion. I haven't looked at Fallout 4's Creation Kit other than to make small changes to item values, so I'm not sure how different it is to New Vegas' GECK.

Multiple scenes work now. Great progress! :)

Although a slight problem (understandable as this is a new feature) is that only the latest scene that triggers actually finishes, the couple in the first scene keeps on going and going and going.

A workaround for this is to call another four_play() function with the first couple and they'll finish in 30 seconds, this can be done quite easily with Mindless.

Great progress though. 

post-1091843-0-41087500-1491349748_thumb.jpg

I've been following the "development" of SexTec from the other thread, but never really posted since I threw all my time  into the fully-functional SexLab. So I'm here to just say it's great you took initiative to fill the gap left by F4SE and the SexTec state. I'm excited to see how far this goes, and what this opens the door for. Keep up the good work

I've been following the "development" of SexTec from the other thread, but never really posted since I threw all my time  into the fully-functional SexLab. So I'm here to just say it's great you took initiative to fill the gap left by F4SE and the SexTec state. I'm excited to see how far this goes, and what this opens the door for. Keep up the good work

Soon, it will simply be referred to as that OTHER THING WHICH SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED.

;)

I didn't think it was possible to add Idles to FormLists, but apparently you can. In FO4Edit at least (can't seem to do it in the Creation Kit). A way that you could allow people to somewhat freely add their own animations to this framework could be done as I outlined below. Now this is definitely not an efficient way of doing this, but it is the only possible way that I know of at this time that should work.

So you will have to create some .esps with a predefined name and in those .esps you will have a Formlist/s with their predefined name and FormID. This has to be done so the script knows what it's looking for. Modders/Animators can download those .esps then create and add their idles to the FormList/s in those .esps.

Example Script Code

FormList AnimList01 = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000ABCD, "Whatever.esp") as FormList   ; Returns None if the form can't be found
FormList AnimList02 = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0000DCBA, "Another.esp") as FormList

If (AnimList01 == None)
    ; Panic! Do Something...
Else
    int List01Size = AnimList01.GetSize()  ; Determine how many idle anims are in the FormList
EndIf

Actor01.PlayIdle(AnimList01.GetAt(0) as Idle)
Actor01.PlayIdle(AnimList01.GetAt(1) as Idle)

; etc.

Guide for modifying the FormList

In the Creation Kit

• Add some Placeholder Forms to the FormList (vanilla furniture or whatever)

In FO4Edit

• Change those forms to your Idles

(Note: You will get a really long list showing all the forms in the game, I would recommend adding zzz to the beginning of your idles name, example for mine CrazyDDogF -> zzzCrazyDDogF. This will make sure your idles show up at the bottom of the list when you go to change the form it makes it easy to find.)

Archived