Four-Play WIP Discussion (was SexTec)

DocClox

That looks good. Should save you from having to answer the same questions over and over again.

You probably should mention your "Sex Slots set up" notification as a good indicator that Four-Play has been installed properly. 

I ahve a couple of ideas, must admit. Idle arrays aren't a problem and we use array properties on something persistent to make sure they hang around. The lack of 2-D arrays is a pain, but I can use the same technique I sue for player inventories to get around that.

Let me get properly awake and I'll see if I can explain it properly. I'm still blinking away cobwebs at the moment smile.png

Ahh awesome, here is some info that that you and animators will need whenever you get around to multi-actor support. Currently my MainNodes.nif will support up to 9 people, more can easily be added but 9 seems like plenty (picturing 100 actors all in the same sex scene, Scripting Nightmare...). Below is the information on where actors are placed, animators can use this to work out the offsets from those positions.

Guide: (X, Y)

CenterNode    (0, 0)      - Actor 1

Front01          (0, 70)     - Actor 2

Front02          (0, 140)

Right01          (70, 0)

Right02          (140, 0)

Back01           (0, -70)

Back02           (0, -140)

Left01            (-70, 0)

Left02            (-140, 0)

Rotation for all the Nodes is 0.

Yeah, yeah. I know what the problem is smile.png

I had hoped I'd have had fix for you last night, but I ended up turning in at 8pm. Apart from an hour during the night I slept through to 7am. Turns out I'm living on "survival mode" and need my sleep. Who knew? wink.png

Take a day or two as needed. You obviously need sleep. I'm the type of person that I'll be working & I'll look at the time & it';ll be 3AM & I'm scratching my head trying to figure out where the time went!

:D  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Physics and meshes aren't really my strongpoint, I'm afraid, so I don't really have any useful advice. I'll happily support it if you can work out how to make it though.

That would be me........

:D

But, I have a problem: I can't get nifscope to work with my version of Blender. But I will keep trying!

:)

Can we actaully make a patch to remove the deform by seperate power armors animation into two/three piece like riding a horse in skyrim rather then just as clothes?

I suppect that if we could make the power armor as a type of horse as skyrim and use that to mimic the animation we were using in game would be likely removing the deform, because it didn't modify the body to force dock to the changed height/length.

OK - just finished coding the full multi-scene support. Testing now.

The "return to sanctuary" option on the terminal in the test cell does too work - well for me at least. No idea why it wouldn't unless the property wasn't getting set somehow. A log file would help if that keeps happening.

KelloggSex still works, Deb and Preston get it on OK. Deb doesn't redress, but she never does after Preston for some reason. Meanwhile my gal and otherDeb (different form id - no conflict) also get it on at the same time and everyone's timer finishes properly.

Also added a check for PA. Not tested it yet, but if either party is in PA the scene will be blocked. I'll work on more nuanced ways to handle it later. For now, I might add a "can-open" gun to get people to get out so you can start sex with them.

Still want to do a bit more testing, maybe add those new strapons and so forth, but it's looking good.

[edit]

Also hopefully catch up on replies. There are a dozen posts here I need to reply to.

. Also if anyone has any idea on how to apply physics to the erect male version of EVB, I'd like to try and get a mod made for it. Maybe it'll eventually turn into a SOS-like mod for FO4. I figure it would have to have a bone that physics enabled and weighted, just not sure about how to do it.

No idea what you mean with physics but to get SOS like animations i know 2 ways :

You can do everything right in the .nif, the "skeleton" for the model, the animations and the model.

This way you don´t need to have an extended actor skeleton.

Downside is thus you can call these animations through papyrus you´re not really using havok.

Also i haven´t got a skinned nif to animate yet, but sime nifs found in one of the DLC´s are using this.

The other way is to use an extended actor skeleton and build a complete havoc setup for the Body / Penis.

This way animators could animate it directly in their animations, or you´re using "bending" animations just like the .nif option.

Downside is you need an extended actor skeleton.

My experience in programming is limited and outdated, I'd think there may be some way to write a into the script that will suspend the previous action until the scene has concluded. But I'm not sure if it is possible.

It varies a bit depending on what's happening. There are Packages and Scenes in CK terms. Scenes can be hard to override and I suspect they're behind a lot of the cases where animation fails sometimes but not always. SexLab had a SKSE plugin that provided an absolute override to any current package, but I don't have that luxury.

I did see some package related papyrus calls in the new API though, so maybe there's a bit more built-in support for this sort of thing. Something else I need to look at.

You could create a new "empty" AI package and apply it to the actor by putting it into an alias and apply the alias to the actor with ApplyToRef().

If the priority of the quest that hold your alias is high enough it should override (almost) everything thats in the way.

You could create a new "empty" AI package and apply it to the actor by putting it into an alias and apply the alias to the actor with ApplyToRef().

If the priority of the quest that hold your alias is high enough it should override (almost) everything thats in the way.

I thought about that. I wasn't keen because it was going to take a ton of aliases to handle a potential 128 actors active at once.

That said ... 128 isn't that many and there's better support for arrays of aliases and the like. It might be worth my having a look. Is ApplyToRef new with Fo4?

Meanwhile, the latest version definitely has redressing problems. So I'll take a look at that and see if I can get it working. Means no release tonight though.

One thing I have noticed - those "No 3D" errors in the log file - they're actually attempts to equip armor addons. Specifically the ones for naked hands and torso. So I can probably block those.

I have no idea what AA records are doing in the equipment list in the first place. I don't know if that's a F4SE bug, or just my misunderstanding what it's for. Maybe I can ask the developer.

Is ApplyToRef new with Fo4?

Yes it is, and this function means you need ONE alias.

You can apply the same alias to multiple actors, the data in the alias will be "printed onto" the actor.

You just have to take care that the data from this alias is removed after it is not needed anymore with, i think, RemoveFromRef().

Im using the same way in TD ( thanks to ag12 again at this point)

Is ApplyToRef new with Fo4?

Yes it is, and this function means you need ONE alias.

You can apply the same alias to multiple actors, the data in the alias will be "printed onto" the actor.

You just have to take care that the data from this alias is removed after it is not needed anymore with, i think, RemoveFromRef().

Ah, OK. That's a bit of a game changer then. Thank you.

For those having problems with the stripping ... it's starting to look like the armor record naked body is getting recorded in the "worn" list. If that happens and it gets re-equipped it would probably displace everything else resulting in the character staying naked.

It's possible this happens as a race condition. If the stripping happens fast enough, the nude body gets equipped in time for F4se to pick it up and return it as a worn form. That would explain why it doesn't always happen. So let's try filtering that, as well...

[edit]

That was it. That was it! I was re-equipping all their clothes, and then at the end I was reequipping their naked skin and displacing everything else! No wonder I couldn't see the bug.

New version uploading.

Ah, OK. That's a bit of a game changer then. Thank you.

For those having problems with the stripping ... it's starting to look like the armor record naked body is getting recorded in the "worn" list. If that happens and it gets re-equipped it would probably displace everything else resulting in the character staying naked.

It's possible this happens as a race condition. If the stripping happens fast enough, the nude body gets equipped in time for F4se to pick it up and return it as a worn form. That would explain why it doesn't always happen. So let's try filtering that, as well...

So people will just have to get CBBE........Most of us already *HAVE* CBBE!

Oh, and get some REST, bro!

:lol:

[edit]

That was it. That was it! I was re-equipping all their clothes, and then at the end I was reequipping their naked skin and displacing everything else! No wonder I couldn't see the bug.

New version uploading.

LOL.......Ok man!

:P

Well, yer "block" function works........Me & one of my girls missed out on alot of opportunities because of it!

I'm Brotherhood of Steel.......I'm gonna be in power armor, as will some of my gals.

.......And don't forget the guards at the police station, airport & Prydwyn.....!!!!

:(

On the bright side, you're no longer littering the commonwealth with hideously deformed naked mutants, so there's that.

Actually, I figure I can do something like this:

function four_play_main(actor a0, idle i0, actor a1, idle i1)
	if a0.IsInPowerArmor()
		shed_pa(a0)
		return
	endif
	if a0.IsInPowerArmor()
		shed_pa(a0)
		return
	endif
	; rest of function...
endfunction

function shed_pa(actor a)
	RegisterForRemoteEvent(a, "OnItemUnequipped")
	a.SwitchToPowerArmor(None)
endfunction

event OnItemUnequipped(actor a, form f, objectreference ref)
	four_play_main(a0, i0, a1, i1)
endevent

Hmmm... that doesn't really work. I'm discarding the actors and idles and I need them to re-call four_play_main. I can probably do something clever with actor and scenedata I suppose. Set that up and store a ref to the PA suit for re-equipping. Or I could just give you a pop-gun that makes them get out in their own time.

Probably I'll do it this way. If nothing else, I like the idea of Violate with stealable PA. Throw in a mod where you can only operate PA naked and life gets interesting. Make it so that your PA inventory and your personal inventory are not the same (and so you have to transfer anything you want to take to they PA suit first) and it gets very interesting...

Hmmm... that doesn't really work. I'm discarding the actors and idles and I need them to re-call four_play_main. I can probably do something clever with actor and scenedata I suppose. Set that up and store a ref to the PA suit for re-equipping. Or I could just give you a pop-gun that makes them get out in their own time.

Probably I'll do it this way. If nothing else, I like the idea of Violate with stealable PA. Throw in a mod where you can only operate PA naked and life gets interesting. Make it so that your PA inventory and your personal inventory are not the same (and so you have to transfer anything you want to take to they PA suit first) and it gets very interesting...

LOL......Please........... no more guns, rings or anything else. I just want to speak to her & get her outta the PA so we can get it on. If a Raider steals it, so be it. Like I said, we can BUY PA frames at any ballistic merchant, and the parts themselves can be stolen back.

The best way, like you said, is to pull the fusion core out of it, forcing her to vacate. This would also prevent theft. You can give the core to her or me, I care not which.

Our friend Vinfamy can set the dialog, I guess.

Oh, and the actors no longer strip clothing at all........And sometimes are out of alignment.

Don't forget......Paladin Danse is stuck in PA for the duration of his time with the player. The only time he's out of the armor is when you find out he's a synth & has fled the Prydwyn.

!!!

Oh, and the actors no longer strip clothing at all........And sometimes are out of alignment.

Ack! When did the stripping last work?

It'd be 3 or 4, actually, because 4.7 is when I think I first saw the problem, but it was sporatic. Now, however, it's permanent.

OK, let's run through some checks:

• Do you have F4SE 0.3.0 installed?
  • Do you have Skyrim 1.9.4 (needed for that version of F4SE to work)?
  • Are the F4SE pex files installed?
  • Are you (or is your mod manager) launching the game with f4se_launcher.exe?
  • Are there F4SE log files in your game folder?
  • Do they have any errors in the F4SE log files?

So, if the power armor changes the actor's race to fit the odd deforms... is it possible to use a setrace command to alter them back to human?

It's worth trying, I suppose.

Ok, hold up.......I went on Steam & checked my files to see if any were corrupted. When that was finished, I went back intro the game & now the clothes come off!

BUT.........The alignment still messes up, and the "snap back to correct position" no longer works when they are bumped by other npcs or companions/followers.

I believe this is the culprit.....We fix this one, and the rest should be ok......Maybe.

post-95619-0-69946400-1491607575_thumb.jpg

OK, let's run through some checks:

• Do you have F4SE 0.3.0 installed?
  • Do you have Skyrim 1.9.4 (needed for that version of F4SE to work)?
  • Are the F4SE pex files installed?
  • Are you (or is your mod manager) launching the game with f4se_launcher.exe?
  • Are there F4SE log files in your game folder?
  • Do they have any errors in the F4SE log files?

See my above post, plz.......

wow, hype. Thanks Doc! I thought it would be ages since I would see a modder taking this kind of work foward, don't think F4SE will come soon and it will probably be always on hold compared to SKSE64. So thank you thank you.

He's not a modder, he's a programmer. I'm a modder.

GO DOC!

biggrin.png  laugh.png

Actually he is a modder (and a programmer). People who use mods and don't create them are called "users". wink.png

Then there are the less-than-modders but more-than-users...

Archived