CK2 Modding Quick Question Thread

I have started testing it and found lots of small errors. After correcting them I still have no luck.

The first part works and the rapist gets the correct dynamic flag is_rapist_of character xxxxx.

My event to create a persistent_event_target taking into account the dynamic flag now looks as follows

Spoiler

# create a persistent event target
character_event = {
id = ETR.21

trigger = {
            has_character_flag = is_rapist_of@event_target:et_rape_target
    }
    immediate = {
                save_persistent_event_target = {
                                name = is_rapist_of
                                scope = event_target:et_rapist
                }
    }        

option = {

name = ok
    }
}

The event fires and the window pops up. However, according to the charinfo no persistent_event_target is created. And without this event target I can't see if the right character appears in the event_modifier tool tip. Without that the tool tip states she has raped herself.

What I want is probably not possible, but it annoys me that I can't create the persistent event target.

I managed to create the persistent_event_target as follows:

Spoiler

character_event = {
id = ETR.21
hide_window = yes
is_triggered_only = yes    

is_female = no
age = 16

trigger = {
        any_character = {
            trait = rapist
            has_character_flag = is_rapist_of@event_target:et_rape_target
        }    
    }
    immediate = {
                                name = is_victim_of
                                scope = ROOT
                }
    }        
}

In charinfo the event shows in the characters window below flags and variables and reads "is victim of duke xxx" which is indeed the rapist

Event 21 fires before the event_modifier <rape_trauma> is added, so that the persistent_event_target already exists before adding the modifier to the victim.

So I now hoped the tooltip, which reads as follows would include the name of the persistent_event_target

Spoiler

et_rape_trauma_desc;the psychological damage suffered after having been sexually violated by [is_victim_of.GetTitledNameWithNick];;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

However, the tool tip of the modifier does not reflect the persistent event target but still refers to the female character that has the event_modifier.

So unless I am doing something wrong, it seems it is not possible to get this information in the tool tip. If anyone has a different experience I would really like to know.

I solved it. The persistent_event_target should be in the scope of the victim (of course). Then it does work.

In case anybody wants to use it.

Spoiler

character_event = {
id = ETR.21
hide_window = yes
is_triggered_only = yes    

is_female = yes
age = 14

trigger = {
        any_character = {
            is_female = yes
            has_character_flag = is_victim_of@event_target:et_rapist
        }    
    }
    immediate = {
            event_target:et_rape_target = {
                                                    name = is_victim_of
                                                    scope = PREV
                                    }
            }        
    }        
}

A quick question about event_modifiers (character_modifiers). If an event_modifier is triggered more than once is there a way of getting the event icon for every time it is triggered, so that you can have more than one appear in the character window at the same time (as long as their duration has not expired)?

Is this what is meant by stacking? Or does that only cover the effects of the modifier and/or the duration (i.e. if an event_modifier is triggered again the effects and/or the duration are added to the already present modifier but the icon only appears once) ?

A quick question about minor_titles. I have made a third_party_targeted decision which requires the presence of a court_torturer as the third party. I have created a minor_title court_torturer. The decision works as it should and the court_torturer position exists and can be filled. I want the ai to use the decision. However, for it to do so I suppose it also needs to appoint a court_torturer. When I check in game, It seems that the ai never appoints a court_torturer and therefore ( I suppose )  can never use the decision.

Question: will the ai use a non vanilla minor_title? and if yes how can you encourage it to fill it? Does this need to be specified in the minor_title definition or in the targeted decision?

Thanks in advance.

I made a mod that replaces the inbred trait when a child is born from a divine marriage, and was testing/playing with it along with Dark World reborn and the Hirelings mod from the steam workshop[, and have been getting the new trait on non-relatives of my character. Ithink somehow the NPCs are being treated as members of the PCs dynasty.

Details on the mod:https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/need-help-with-trait-mod.1327838/

Can someone tell me why this may be happening and how I may fix it?

What is causing 1000+ years old characters to appear out of nowhere and kill random people? They don't seem to have any vampire/modded traits. Is this caused by having the absurd/paranormal vanilla events enabled? I disabled the vampire attacks in DW mod, but sooner or later some useless old bag will spawn and kill someone with 400 personal combat.

Is there a way to completely delete this nonsense? It doesn't have to be a 100% safe edit, I just want to nuke this shit.

On 2/25/2020 at 1:59 PM, Doug-E-Fresh said:

Can someone tell me why this may be happening and how I may fix it?

1. Inbred is special as it has hardcoded rules that govern its assignment
2. You don't. You merely work around it. Instead of replacing the trait, add an on_birth event that removes the trait if it detects it and a divine marriage, and add in your own trait.

Do I remember correctly that EU4 mods are already active from the get go? I'm asking because I've had to bypass the launcher to make the game start without crashing.

Found out the real problem: with the launcher bypassed, the Manchu update deactivates all the mods in your load order every time you start the game.

I am currently working on a vore system and trying to figure out where to best store the data on the character that's currently being digested.

Opinion modifiers would be perfect but they are highly suspect, since the character they are pointing towards would be dead and I am not quite sure, CK2 won't just delete them to "be more efficient". A cursory glance at a save file didn't reveal any opinion modifiers pointing from or towards dead people (only sampled 5 random guys tho), but if anyone has evidence towards the contrary feel free to let me know.

It's not too big a deal right now, since the barebones mechanics would stay within the same event chain anyway, but later features might want to reference the person that's being digested from random events outside of the actual vore event chain.

Essentially, I would need a persistent and nonintrusive (as in plays nicely with other mods) way to store a pointer towards a dead person in a way that it can easily and unambiguously (only the person that's currently being digested) be accessed from the point of the person that did the devouring (functional with multiple characters with the devourer trait).

On a different note, spent half the day freaking out over an error in my trait file only to figure out that the ck2 wiki tutorials have sample code that uses wrong syntax (trait/opposites/trait=id instead of trait/opposites/id).

Hello everyone. Finally learned CK2 modding at a decent enough level. Where could I find a writer, or even "ideas man" to start? Amateur writer, ofc, hobby-level. Plenty of people are into fanfics nowadays, tons of opuses every day. Any websites where I could find people willing to collaborate?

Thank you.

P.S: If I'm posting in the wrong thread pls delete

On 3/1/2020 at 2:27 PM, Nexussux! said:

Hello everyone. Finally learned CK2 modding at a decent enough level. Where could I find a writer, or even "ideas man" to start? Amateur writer, ofc, hobby-level. Plenty of people are into fanfics nowadays, tons of opuses every day. Any websites where I could find people willing to collaborate?

Thank you.

P.S: If I'm posting in the wrong thread pls delete

Archive of our own would be a good place to start. I would shamelessly present myself, though, if you plan on making a mod that shows up on loverslab.

On 2/29/2020 at 3:10 PM, AlexWyrmin said:

Is it possible to give specific non-congenital traits to characters through their bloodline?

Example: every holder of Ragnar Lothbrok's bloodline becoming brawny and diligent upon reaching adulthood.

Yes. Certainly if the founder had the traits. Take a look at the "Emulating a Legend" event ( HF.120 in HF_bloodline_events). Or if you modded the bloodline in yourself and gave it the appropriate flags.  The game may also be able to find the bloodline by name or the (historical like Ragnar Lothbrok) founder by id - but you would need to test this because I'm just guessing at this point.

On 3/4/2020 at 8:50 PM, UtherLabDragon said:

Yes. Certainly if the founder had the traits. Take a look at the "Emulating a Legend" event ( HF.120 in HF_bloodline_events). Or if you modded the bloodline in yourself and gave it the appropriate flags.  The game may also be able to find the bloodline by name or the (historical like Ragnar Lothbrok) founder by id - but you would need to test this because I'm just guessing at this point.

So, the quickest way to do it would be giving Ragnar himself the traits via character history editing - he only gets brawny and diligent if you start playing as his father - and wait for the event to fire?

10 hours ago, AlexWyrmin said:

So, the quickest way to do it would be giving Ragnar himself the traits via character history editing -

Quickest ? Maybe. But: 1. You would be messing with vanilla records - even if it's like here in a very minor way. 2. If Ragnar loses the traits during his lifetime the event will not fire. 3. Conversely  the event would presumably also fire for all other bloodlines whose founder was brawny and diligent. You can of course filter the bloodlines with flags -even down to Ragnars, but then forcing the traits on him (again) becomes pointless. Take a look at this :

Spoiler

ragnarr_lodbrok = { ###from common/bloodlines 
	combat_rating = 8
	norse_opinion = 5
	viking_opinion = 5
	pirate_opinion = 5
	ravager_opinion = 5
	seaking_opinion = 5
	sea_queen_opinion = 5
	bloodline_effect_always_viking = 1
	inheritance = patrilineal
	allow_bastards = yes
	picture = GFX_bloodlines_symbol_norse
	flags = { historical_bloodline
			bloodline_viking ###ragnar is the only historical viking
			bloodline_historical_norse } ###three other vanilla rulers have this flag, but neither are vikings 
}

10 hours ago, AlexWyrmin said:

- and wait for the event to fire?

You would still need to write your own modded event anyway - I pointed at the vanilla event to show that it is possible, but it doesn't do exactly what you want - you only get a chance at one (random) trait in vanilla.

1 hour ago, UtherLabDragon said:

You would be messing with vanilla records

In the case of simple character modding, there's no negative consequences for doing so.

1 hour ago, UtherLabDragon said:

You would still need to write your own modded event anyway - I pointed at the vanilla event to show that it is possible, but it doesn't do exactly what you want - you only get a chance at one (random) trait in vanilla.

Since what I'm after are the stat bonuses given by those traits, rather than the traits themselves, editing them in the bloodline sounds like a much better way to get them.

I have made two third_party-decisions. One to sell slaves to  independent rulers, which works, and one to buy slaves from other independent rulers. I am having trouble with the second one.

Spoiler

et_buy_slave_on_market = {

filter = independent_rulers
        ai_target_filter = independent_rulers ## filters characters targeted by the player in characters own court i.e. slaves
        third_party_filter = all ## filter for potential slaves
        ai_third_party_filter = all
        ai_check_interval = 12

show_third_party_potential = yes

from_potential = {
                                    # Conditions on decision taker usually player
                        is_marriage_adult = yes
                        prisoner = no
                        NOT = {
                            trait = incapable
                        }
                        capital_scope = {
                                        OR = {
                                            has_building = et_slave_dungeon_1 # Castle
                                            has_building = et_slave_dungeon_2
                                            has_building = et_slave_dungeon_3
                                            has_building = et_slave_wagon_1 # Nomad
                                            has_building = et_slave_wagon_2
                                            has_building = et_slave_wagon_3
                                            has_building = et_slave_wagon_4
                                            has_building = et_slave_wagon_5
                                            has_building = et_slave_pen_1 # Tribal
                                            has_building = et_slave_pen_2
                                            has_building = et_slave_pen_3
                                            has_building = et_slave_market_1
                                            has_building = et_slave_market_2
                                            has_building = et_slave_market_3
                                            has_building = et_slave_port_1
                                            has_building = et_slave_port_2
                                            has_building = et_slave_port_3
                                        }
                        }
        }

potential = {                     # Conditions on the targeted character ( the buyer) for the decision to appear                            
                independent = yes
                is_marriage_adult = yes
                is_within_diplo_range = FROM
                wealth = 100
                            #has_character_flag = slave_trader                                    
                NOR = {
                    trait = incapable
                    trait = slave
                    trait = trained_pleasure_slave
                    trait = trained_warrior_slave
                    trait = broken_in                        
                }
                any_courtier = {
                            OR = {
                                trait = slave
                                trait = broken_in        
                            }
                }                            
        }            
        third_party_potential = {
        # Conditions on the slave to be included in the list
                            ROOT = {
                                any_host_courtier = {    
                                                OR = {
                                                    trait = slave
                                                    trait = broken_in        
                                                }
                                }                

}        
        }   

allow = {
            always = yes
            }

third_party_allow = {
                    always = yes
        }

effect = {
             FROM = { narrative_event = { id = ETS.401 }}

}            
        ai_will_do = {
                factor = 0.1 # 10% likely to sell a slave they have
                modifier = {
                    factor = 0
                    OR = {
                        ai_honor = 20 #If they're very honorable, they more likely bought the slave to free than utilize.
                        NOT = { ai_greed = -19 } #If they're not greedy, then they don't see a financial need to part with the slave
                    }
                }
            }

}

The problem is with the third_party_potential ( the slaves to buy ). I can find the independent rulers that have slaves and can use the decision on them. However when it comes to selecting the slave to buy, the list shows all the slaves in the game and not just those owned by the ruler addressed. I tried to limit this in the third_party_potential block by stipulating that the slave should be part of the rulers ( ROOT ) court but it doesn't work. Is there another solution?

Can someone help me mod th seduction decision, I'm trying to make it so a male ruler can seduce his mother, but not his daughter and so a female ruler can seduce her son , but not her father. I've tried different things in the potencial ,but can't get it to work, starting as a male ruler when testing, I can either seduce both mother and daughter or neither. 

Thanks in advance 

hey guys..

Sorry to bother you... :( 

Im experiencing random crashes with CK2 (no error pop-ups) and Im trying to find out whats going on.

Until recently I had multiple mods from this site so I assumed something is wrong with them and that they are the reason for my crashes, be it bad installation or non-compatibility between the mods but I checked and the mods should have been compatible with each other (basically it was just DW + races, tentacle dreams, ACM and ABM, house of Irae, BDSM society,...) plus i had one mod from steam workshop (desperta ferro - basically a "free" claim - expansion, so you could attack anyone anytime) but... Yesterday I deleted all of them and installed one mod from a different site (non ero-content) but the random crashes are still there. I tried the integrity thing on steam and all was good. 

So I was wondering... Is there a way to know WHAT is causing the problems? some crashlog which I would be able to understand, for example?

• 2 weeks later...