CK2 Modding Quick Question Thread

So I'm currently looking at making a simple mod that adds lewd minor titles, how do you add the descriptive flavor text when you hover over it? 

EDIT: Found it, its in localization. Now my question is how do you make localization descriptions exactly? In excel? Since Notepad++ doesn't have the abilty to save as .csv

33 minutes ago, jjnoc5 said:

So I'm currently looking at making a simple mod that adds lewd minor titles, how do you add the descriptive flavor text when you hover over it? 

EDIT: Found it, its in localization. Now my question is how do you make localization descriptions exactly? In excel? Since Notepad++ doesn't have the abilty to save as .csv

Save your localisation as a .txt, then go into your localisation folder and change the file type to .csv. I do all my localisation in Notepad++ and it has never given me issues that way.

On 4/6/2020 at 7:58 AM, aleqious said:

Is there a way to remove multiple modifiers at the same time? I've resorted to creating a hidden event chain to remove them as other attempts have failed, but I realize that it probably doesn't seem to be a very good idea ?

If you're talking about removing the kind of modifiers that can stack, there is the below from the wiki.

remove_character_modifiers = { modifier = promised_a_title amount = 2 }

If you're talking about multiple different modifiers I just lump them into a single hidden event. Trying to remove a character modifier that doesn't exist, doesn't hurt anything. So if for example you've some kind of chain that assigns a number of different modifiers, and at the end you want to clean them all up right away or after a certain amount of time passes, just list them all in the one event instead. I also found it easiest to put clean-up events like this at the very end of the file, using an event id of whateverthenamespaceis.9999. This way if i add another modifier later, I can just go to the bottom to easily find my clean-up.

If I have multiple clean-up events, then I go with something like .9990 instead so I can have a .9991, etc.

Hopefully there is someone out here with map-modding experience, because my game keeps crashing on "Creating Rivers" for some reason ?

Well, now it crashes when creating/loading graphics, so I took a look in graphics.log and... a bunch of errors saying "Too small rivers." No idea what to do ?

I have a question:

Last time I checked (a year ago minimum) the Dark World Fantasy was the mod to use, now it seems Reborn is the updated one.. or something

Can someone give me quick rundown of which to use and what do they run good with? I'm interested in slavery, harems, lesbian/futa... I can't even recall 100% what mods I used the last time.

3 hours ago, Soronarr said:

I have a question:

Last time I checked (a year ago minimum) the Dark World Fantasy was the mod to use, now it seems Reborn is the updated one.. or something

Can someone give me quick rundown of which to use and what do they run good with? I'm interested in slavery, harems, lesbian/futa... I can't even recall 100% what mods I used the last time.

Dark World Reborn went on hiatus

I kept it updated as Dark World Fantasy

Dark World Reborn came back

I changed Dark World Fantasy into Luxuria Fantasia and scrubbed most if not all Dark World stuff from LF

Now you can play both in tandem

And another question since I'm at it - I recall some extra traits when I played DWF a year ago. Some hat came with lots of negative poitns so you could make your ruler OP. Also some incest trait. I think it was called pureblooded? Can't recall if those were part of DFW or if I got them from somewhere else.

Also, anyone know if a mod exists hat lets you easily add traits and killpoints? Going trough console is tedious.

EDIt: Found hte pureblood triat. Other question still apply.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 5:16 PM, lockeslylcrit said:

Dark World Reborn went on hiatus

I kept it updated as Dark World Fantasy

Dark World Reborn came back

I changed Dark World Fantasy into Luxuria Fantasia and scrubbed most if not all Dark World stuff from LF

Now you can play both in tandem

Is there a guide for which DWR and LF mods are compatible with each other?

I noticed that female characters have double or sometimes even 3 different body shape traits that conflict with each other. eg. one trait will say huge breasts while another will say A cup, flat.  

The mods I have active are

Bigger interface

ABM

ACM

BUFF

Christianity Mod

DWR

Immersive Slave Training & kidnapping

LF: BH

LF

LF: Extras

Portrait than Trait

Sketchy Cheat Menu

Also do you know if portrait mods will interfere with DWR or LF / their submods? like Jim Raynor's,  Cheri portaits, or "Portrait than trait"?

Does anyone have any good new map mods (not just retextures) that take place in an entirely new world? I'm not looking for the famous ones that re-make famous game worlds. I want something relatively new, or at least a lesser known fantasy world.

There are not enough good new map mods for this game.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:34 PM, robin261293 said:

Hello I'm currently looking at making a mod that adds some custom characters with custom portrait. I tried look at the wiki but I don't really understand how it work, does anyone know any mod that like that so I can look how its make.

From there on, it's just a matter of learning how to mod in events and using create_character

On 5/18/2020 at 1:57 AM, LueRV said:

I noticed that female characters have double or sometimes even 3 different body shape traits that conflict with each other. eg. one trait will say huge breasts while another will say A cup, flat.  

The mods I have active are

Christianity Mod

DWR

Christianity and DWR both have body shape mods. I don't know if body shape traits can be toggled off in Christianity, but you can turn off DWR's in the Game Rules when you start a new game.

I'm not familiar with all of the other mods you listed, so I can't say for certain if there is another that could also be causing issues.