CK2 Modding Quick Question Thread

8 hours ago, dwjlien said:

I dunno about mods, but have you been doing raiding? Picked up a bloodline that allows certain things? Just spitballing as I refresh the page. Ironic you should post really, my custom religion above is basically just because I wanted concubines as a Christian, and here you go achieving it without even trying!

Nothing of the sort. Oh well, i eventually switched to Lilithianism so i have legit concubines.

Another question - anyone knows how can i easily make CK2 "profiles" ? I want to play both AGOT and DWF enchanced vanilla but that constant switching between different mods always leaves me fearful that i forget to enable one of the mods and my entire save will go shit.. It would be nice if i could make a "profile" for both AGOT and DWF vanilla play and just switch between them. 

11 hours ago, Canaris said:

CK2 "profiles" ?

In the past I achieved this. Cant think of any reason it wouldn't work now

Documents\Paradox Interactive\, copy the folder Crusader Kings II

Paste/save it twice with an appropriate Affix eg: "Crusader Kings II-AGOT", "Crusader Kings II-DWF"

Then delete say, -AGOT. Click play and set-up an AGOT mod setup. Exit. Rename the folder Crusader Kings II-AGOT.

Repeat ie, from other folder delete -DWF, and run a DWF mod setup.

Now you have two folders, just delete the affix from which ever you want to play, and rename it when done.

20 hours ago, Canaris said:

Another question - anyone knows how can i easily make CK2 "profiles" ? I want to play both AGOT and DWF enchanced vanilla but that constant switching between different mods always leaves me fearful that i forget to enable one of the mods and my entire save will go shit.. It would be nice if i could make a "profile" for both AGOT and DWF vanilla play and just switch between them. 

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/tool-paradoxos-mod-manager.1185490/

It even shows mod files conflicts.

14 hours ago, dwjlien said:

In the past I achieved this. Cant think of any reason it wouldn't work now

Documents\Paradox Interactive\, copy the folder Crusader Kings II

Paste/save it twice with an appropriate Affix eg: "Crusader Kings II-AGOT", "Crusader Kings II-DWF"

Then delete say, -AGOT. Click play and set-up an AGOT mod setup. Exit. Rename the folder Crusader Kings II-AGOT.

Repeat ie, from other folder delete -DWF, and run a DWF mod setup.

Now you have two folders, just delete the affix from which ever you want to play, and rename it when done.

Thank you very much. It appears to work flawlessly.

This one doesnt work for me for some reason... shame. 

hi all i was trying my hand on some wow and LF mod merging but at the start of the game I can move around pretty easily without lagging or hanging but it just wont pass time any ideas?

i though if i removed scripted triggers ,effects and on action it would work normally but no

i also tried to add all the other mod folders except for some files in the common folders and it worked normally

was wondering if anyone has any tips regarding the issue

7 hours ago, Sporticus said:

hi all i was trying my hand on some wow and LF mod merging but at the start of the I can move around pretty easily without but it just wont pass time any ideas?

i though if i removed scripted triggers ,effects and on action it would work normally but no

i also tried to add all the other mod folders but except for some files in the common folders and it worked normally

was wondering if anyone has any tips regarding the issue

I cant make head nor tail of this. Maybe edit it to  be more explicit and someone with the expertise will be able to understand and help.

38 minutes ago, dwjlien said:

I cant make head nor tail of this. Maybe edit it to  be more explicit and someone with the expertise will be able to understand and help.

I think what he's trying to get at is that he's having problems getting LF to work with Guardians of Azeroth.

If that is the case, then I can provide absolutely no help. I'm not familiar with GoA.

On 12/31/2019 at 4:45 AM, dwjlien said:

23 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

I think what he's trying to get at is that he's having problems getting LF to work with Guardians of Azeroth.

If that is the case, then I can provide absolutely no help. I'm not familiar with GoA.

i was trying arumba's winmerge way of merging to mods since GoA replaces a lot of base game folders

I found out that the landed titles and offmap powers folder where the reason for the game not passing time so i am leaving them out until i am sure there are no extra issues with the merged mod(s)

I am currently trying to get some spawned characters like commander Athena to not die when spawned.

Giving her the same culture and adding them to the dynasty of the ROOT character seems a little cheap since i want the portrait as well.

I want to use a scripted effect assigning a variable to the character at start-up. Rather than using an event that is triggered by on_action (which works) I tried assigning the scripted effect directly to the effect block of the on_action (the wiki suggests this is possible).

Spoiler

on_chronicle_start = { # Fires for the player character, when the game starts (but not when loading from saves).
    events = {

ETB.110       
        ETB.210       
        ETB.310    

}    
    effects = {
            add_libido_start_variables = yes
    }

}

However, this does not produce any effect when I start the game. I looked at the on_action files of the vanilla game and noticed that there is no example of the effects block being used.

Does somebody know if and  how this works?

A question about variables.

set_variable = { which = current_sex_drive value = 1 }                            # CSD = 1                                      
        change_variable = { which = current_sex_drive which = basic_sex_drive }            # CSD = 3
        multiply_variable = { which = current_sex_drive value = 1.5 }                    # CSD = 4.5

Something went wrong.

If current_sex_drive = 5 and basic sex_drive = 3

will the following script result in a current_sex_drive of 4.5?

set_variable = { which = current_sex_drive value = 1 }                                         # CSD = 1                                      
 change_variable = { which = current_sex_drive which = basic_sex_drive }            # CSD = 3
 multiply_variable = { which = current_sex_drive value = 1.5 }                              # CSD = 4.5

i'm not sure what change variable does in this case.

2 hours ago, joemann said:

Something went wrong.

If current_sex_drive = 5 and basic sex_drive = 3

will the following script result in a current_sex_drive of 4.5?

set_variable = { which = current_sex_drive value = 1 }                                         # CSD = 1                                      
 multiply_variable = { which = current_sex_drive value = 1.5 }                              # CSD = 4.5

i'm not sure what change variable does in this case.

change_variable is simply addition. Since basic_sex_drive isn't defined (at least from the tiny snippet of code you showed), it's defined as 0. Thus change_variable does absolutely nothing.

hello

have anyone a idea how can i become more concubines..i mean 6 oder 5.

i have the mod lesbocracy and have edit the consort to 6 nothing changes, i have edit the religion 00 with notepad in 6 nothing changes

what i make wrong? must i edit another text datei? must i make a new game?

i hope anyone can help

ps: i have testet more concubines and wifes mod works not

On 1/8/2020 at 10:44 PM, clogfanatik said:

hello

have anyone a idea how can i become more concubines..i mean 6 oder 5.

i have the mod lesbocracy and have edit the consort to 6 nothing changes, i have edit the religion 00 with notepad in 6 nothing changes

what i make wrong? must i edit another text datei? must i make a new game?

i hope anyone can help

ps: i have testet more concubines and wifes mod works not

You sound like you're doing totally the right thing, seems like maybe there's another mod controlling/overwriting the religion file and thats been loaded into the game rather than the file you changed. Perhaps.

Anyhoo LL Consort Mod.zip I've attached an incredibly small mod that will give you an IN-GAME intrigue decision (F7) that will change your CURRENT religions max consorts. I've put it to 9. but you can edit that super easy.

8 hours ago, dwjlien said:

You sound like you're doing totally the right thing, seems like maybe there's another mod controlling/overwriting the religion file and thats been loaded into the game rather than the file you changed. Perhaps.

Anyhoo LL Consort Mod.zip I've attached an incredibly small mod that will give you an IN-GAME intrigue decision (F7) that will change your CURRENT religions max consorts. I've put it to 9. but you can edit that super easy.

this mod dosn't works...i see the new intrige and click it...nothing, i can click it 300 times nothing does. do you want too see the mods that i have?

thx

7 minutes ago, clogfanatik said:

this mod dosn't works...i see the new intrige and click it...nothing, i can click it 300 times nothing does. do you want too see the mods that i have?

thx

It works, if (and ONLY if) your government, religion, gender allows concubinage in the first place.

image.png

If you're a woman, then that mod doesn't do jack for you because it leaves out the set_women_can_take_consorts effect.

Yeah I just figured he had consorts already and couldn't change the number, being as that was what he was trying to do, thought that'd help...

Do you have multiple wives applied as well @clogfanatik ?

The game is pretty much hardcoded to only allow concubines with ONE wife. You can funk around it, but it's not pretty or permanant as far as I know(which isn't much). As a general rule, multiple wives ='s no concubines. And if you're trying to do it as a female ruler that's beyond a quick fix and my skills and Lockesley was quite right to deride my fix as completely inadequate for your needs.

yes i have a female ruler, i play lesbocracy and yes i have 3 concubines..i play with muslim and christian and pagan. all this games i have 3 concubines.

I have edit the defines.lua, edit the religion files in lesbocracy and in the main game...6 concubines nothing works but why?, why i play female ruler?

Is it possible to use  a scripted_trigger in a scripted_effect or does it need to be in a trigger block in an event?

Example:

Spoiler

scripted_trigger:

has_female_libido_positives = {
                            OR = {
                                trait = lithe           
                                trait = slender
                                trait = athletic
                                trait = tall
                                trait = strong
                                trait = robust
                            }

OR = {
                                trait = proud          
                                trait = genius           
                                trait = shrewd
                                trait = quick
                            }
                            is_ill = no
}

scripted_effect:

update_female_libido = {

if = {
        limit =  {
                is_female = yes

age >= 14
                age <= 30
                is_ill = no

has_female_libido_positives = yes             "the scripted_trigger
        }
        set_variable = { which = current_sex_drive value = 1 }                                                                  
        set_variable = { which = current_sex_drive which = basic_sex_drive }            
        multiply_variable = { which = current_sex_drive value = 1.6 }
    }

etc etc

The scripted_effect is then used in an on_action effect block

on_startup = {        # Fires on game load (game start and loading from saves)
    events = {  }

effect = {

update_female_libido

}

}

I've tried this but it does not seem to work. I can put the trigger conditions directly in the scripted effect but there are a lot of <if> blocks so if there is a better way...

10 hours ago, joemann said:

Is it possible to use  a scripted_trigger in a scripted_effect or does it need to be in a trigger block in an event?

Example:

Hide contents

scripted_trigger:

has_female_libido_positives = {
                            OR = {
                                trait = lithe           
                                trait = slender
                                trait = athletic
                                trait = tall
                                trait = strong
                                trait = robust
                            }

OR = {
                                trait = proud          
                                trait = genius           
                                trait = shrewd
                                trait = quick
                            }
                            is_ill = no
}

scripted_effect:

update_female_libido = {

if = {
        limit =  {
                is_female = yes

age >= 14
                age <= 30
                is_ill = no

has_female_libido_positives = yes             "the scripted_trigger
        }
        set_variable = { which = current_sex_drive value = 1 }                                                                  
        set_variable = { which = current_sex_drive which = basic_sex_drive }            
        multiply_variable = { which = current_sex_drive value = 1.6 }
    }

etc etc

The scripted_effect is then used in an on_action effect block

on_startup = {        # Fires on game load (game start and loading from saves)
    events = {  }

effect = {

update_female_libido

}

}

I've tried this but it does not seem to work. I can put the trigger conditions directly in the scripted effect but there are a lot of <if> blocks so if there is a better way...

Absolutely. You have have scripted_triggers in scripted_effects, and you can have scripted_effects nested in scripted_effects

The only thing you cant do is put effects in scripted_triggers.

I was wondering if there is an easy way to just make all dick sizes 100% inheritable with the mod DWR

I think that they are currently given to new characters based on the scripted triggers file, in older versions I was able to make them inheritable but I can't seem to do it with latest version.

I think I just added something to the body traits file for dick sizes like:

}
   potential = {
        is_male = yes
    }
    inherit_chance = 100

Did work on a mod a few months ago and seems it does not work anymore so I need help because I forgot a lot since I did that...

This event seems to not be called ( the objective is to have the event called on Birth if mother have a certain trait)

character_event = {    #Breeding birth : removing breeding trait
    id = SS01_events.2
    desc = SS01_events.2
    #picture = GFX_evt_uncomfortable
    is_triggered_only = yes
    hide_window = yes

trigger = {
        OR = {
            mother_even_if_dead = {
                trait = SS01_trait_breeding
            }
        }
    }
    immediate = {
        add_trait = SS01_trait_breed_product
        mother {
            remove_trait = SS01_trait_breeding
        }

}
}

After birth the mother don't lost the 'breeding' trait and the child don't have the 'breed product trait'

edit : event is called on action 'on_birth'

# Applyed on character. On birth. ROOT is the child
on_birth = {
    events = {
        SS01_events.2
        SS01_events.21
    }

}

On 1/14/2020 at 2:28 PM, Strec said:

Did work on a mod a few months ago and seems it does not work anymore so I need help because I forgot a lot since I did that...

This event seems to not be called ( the objective is to have the event called on Birth if mother have a certain trait)

Hide contents

character_event = {    #Breeding birth : removing breeding trait
    id = SS01_events.2
    desc = SS01_events.2
    #picture = GFX_evt_uncomfortable
    is_triggered_only = yes
    hide_window = yes

trigger = {
        OR = {
            mother_even_if_dead = {
                trait = SS01_trait_breeding
            }
        }
    }
    immediate = {
        add_trait = SS01_trait_breed_product
        mother {
            remove_trait = SS01_trait_breeding
        }

}
}

After birth the mother don't lost the 'breeding' trait and the child don't have the 'breed product trait'

edit : event is called on action 'on_birth'

Hide contents

# Applyed on character. On birth. ROOT is the child
on_birth = {
    events = {
        SS01_events.2
        SS01_events.21
    }

}

Everything looks ok. Might want to delete the desc and the picture lines though. And the OR is redundant. Other than that, I see absolutely no reason why it wouldn't work.