[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

10 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Icon Ideas?

I have 4 new childhood education traits that I need to make icons for.  I have temporary icons for two of them (cunning and tricky) but I am having a hard time coming up with something that makes sense for "discrete."  I also need to decide what to use for "stealthy." 

I'm open to ideas of what to use.  I'd prefer animal symbolism (like the intelligent and wise owl, cruel lustful dominant wolf, slutty and tricky submissive fox, cunning horny and timid bunny, and on and on) but no animal cries out 'discrete' to me.  The best suggestions I have gotten so far are mouse or lynx since both are linked to secrets according to some shamanistic traditions.

9 hours ago, bicobus said:

5 hours ago, bicobus said:

Heh, I was hoping for Chinese symbolism though ;). Many culture have totem-like stories.

3 hours ago, Battle.cry said:

Honestly i cant think of anything right now... how about bagder maybe? Lynx would be a good one aswell imo...

Thank you all.  The 4 new childhood ones are sorted... for now (see previous post).  But out of 260 traits (not counting the sexual endowment ones) I have 72 still using the blank disk.  IMO, that sucks.  So I'm gonna take a development pause and make some icons.  I still want to get an update out today* though.

(*before 6 AM UTC)

11 minutes ago, NoxBestia said:

Thank you all.  The 4 new childhood ones are sorted... for now (see previous post).  But out of 260 traits (not counting the sexual endowment ones) I have 72 still using the blank disk.  IMO, that sucks.  So I'm gonna take a development pause and make some icons.  I still want to get an update out today* though.

(*before 6 AM UTC)

Damn you weren't kidding when you were saying you were traithappy, if it would be 12 just setting colours would have helped but 72, well you must have a hard time making them all good work.

1 hour ago, NoxBestia said:

Happy Easter Fools

I neither celebrate the Christian Easter, nor do I participate in April Fools nonsense.  So instead I'll just share some funny blasphemy my partner stumbled across.  :tongue: 

image.png.55ab0d8dc6b8a88c9be15e09b813fe55.png

thanks, happy easter to you aswell :smile:

On Understanding CK2's Trait Colors and Shapes:

While working on trait icons, I realized I needed a better understanding of CK2's intended color and shape uses for their trait icons to help keep my own ones fitting in a bit better.  Here are my observations and conclusions, and I'm open to further interpretation/comments from you all.

CK2 ICON SHAPES & COLORS:

1. icon shapes:
    1. heart: physical & mental health, congenital traits, diseases
    2. scroll: kow_tow, knowledge, philosophy
    3. shield: sexual orientation, holy warrior, on pilgrimage, excommunicated, kinslayer, lifestyle traits, bastards & twins, pregnant, animal species
    4. rounded square: east Indian stuff
    5. square beveled: primary learning trait (midas touched, etc)
    6. square with bolts: military training/leadership
    7. square with border: caste (note: not just for Indian cultures anymore!)
  2. primary education colors:
    1. blue: diplomacy
    2. purple: intrigue
    3. red: martial
    4. white/silver/grey: religion & learning
    5. yellow: stewardship
  3. event border colors:
    1. parchment: (no border) generic
    2. blue: diplomacy
    3. green: stewardship
    4. purple: intrigue
    5. red: martial
    6. white: learning/religous
    7. yellow: trait based
  4. general color use:
    1. black: usually bad or negative, especially in religious eyes
    2. blue_1: {not sure what the common theme here is} cannibal, varangian, adventurer, viking stuff, christian pilgrim (wtf?), poet, celibate, falconer, socializer, hedonist, game master
    3. blue_2: (if a heart) congenital defect
    4. blue_3: missing body parts, scars
    5. golden: special (augustus, immortal)
    6. green: virtue or positive
    7. orange_1: usually military 
    8. orange_2: (if a heart) disease symptoms 
    9. parchment: neutral, non-inheritable traits, personality,
    10. purple: intrigue-related (and born in the purple)
    11. red: negative, vice, disease
    12. silver/grey: spiritual, religious, learning
    13. white: innocent, child, learning

I'll be working towards standardizing/defining my own use of colors and shapes to this as well, though with more shapes I have added, and possible additional influences from Warhammer and AGOT mods.

Again thank you very much for all your work.

It would be great if you would also work on the visit the house of discretion. I am realy waiting since a long time that this will work^^

Another idea i have is to make apart perhaps where you start to mutate when you have sex. Perhaps werewolfs or animals. I think this could be funny.

On Understanding CK2's Trait Colors and Shapes:

Just a thought here: if you have to explain the meaning of icons, they're probably badly done. The job of an icon is to be understood without explanation or prior understanding. There are a lot of research that goes into icons: a heart is red, but if blue it suggest so kind of unease as it can be unappetizing along with the shape of a heart (a sickly individual can usually be depicted blueish :cold_sweat::fearful::scream:). It's hard to convey an idea with just an icon :tongue:

5 hours ago, bicobus said:

Just a thought here: if you have to explain the meaning of icons, they're probably badly done. The job of an icon is to be understood without explanation or prior understanding. There are a lot of research that goes into icons: a heart is red, but if blue it suggest so kind of unease as it can be unappetizing along with the shape of a heart (a sickly individual can usually be depicted blueish :cold_sweat::fearful::scream:). It's hard to convey an idea with just an icon :tongue:

I wasn't trying to explain them so much as I was trying to understand the method behind the madness of what the CK2 team uses when doing icons.  The big list is my attempt at doing so.

6 hours ago, mirlo1 said:

Again thank you very much for all your work.

It would be great if you would also work on the visit the house of discretion. I am realy waiting since a long time that this will work^^

Another idea i have is to make apart perhaps where you start to mutate when you have sex. Perhaps werewolfs or animals. I think this could be funny.

I so much want to steal "furpies" and "sneezing tits" from Trials in Tainted Space.

7 hours ago, Battle.cry said:

its 8 AM, so I guess nothing yet? :confused:

Unfortunately not.  Somehow I broke DWR compatibility (I have been working mostly in standalone mode so I didn't notice before).  I won't be able to really troubleshoot it until I get home from work tonight.  I am hoping it ends up being something simple.

7 hours ago, Kyichika said:

Haha i feel you i just played it again yesterday.

The you might just notice a couple of character portraits and trait icons that I might have "borrowed" from their public master source code.  :tongue:  

Unfortunately not.  Somehow I broke DWR compatibility (I have been working mostly in standalone mode so I didn't notice before).  I won't be able to really troubleshoot it until I get home from work tonight.  I am hoping it ends up being something simple.

aww :confused: was hoping last weekend for the upload when you mentioned it and was hoping this weekend aswell because i had free weekend for a change :confused: 

2 hours ago, Battle.cry said:

aww :confused: was hoping last weekend for the upload when you mentioned it and was hoping this weekend aswell because i had free weekend for a change :confused: 

I know.  I was very frustrated and disappointed.  I could have put it up without the DWR compatibility patch, but there are so many things NDPA doesn't have of its own yet that it's not nearly as much fun without DWR.

The only answer I can give is that I am spending multiple hours every day working on this.

We know.

And we are really grateful for that. 

It's just if you mention a possible update, then we are super hyped and thats why we are so... disappointed if nothing happens.

Hard for me to say but it would be best, imho, if you'd rather not say anything and just upload it as soon as you are ready :smile:

19 hours ago, Battle.cry said:

We know.

And we are really grateful for that. 

It's just if you mention a possible update, then we are super hyped and thats why we are so... disappointed if nothing happens.

Hard for me to say but it would be best, imho, if you'd rather not say anything and just upload it as soon as you are ready :smile:

18 hours ago, Alaratt said:

don't mind us, we just excited :grin:

I get excited too, and very disappointed when I fail to meet one of my own deadlines.  BTW, I _think_ I got most of it working again, but I haven't run any test games.  So when I upload it, it may have more bugs than usual.  I'll be assuming this to be the case and try to be on hand as much as possible to hot-fix them for the first few days, but I do work full time so there will be some delays in my responses.

5 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

I get excited too, and very disappointed when I fail to meet one of my own deadlines.  BTW, I _think_ I got most of it working again, but I haven't run any test games.  So when I upload it, it may have more bugs than usual.  I'll be assuming this to be the case and try to be on hand as much as possible to hot-fix them for the first few days, but I do work full time so there will be some delays in my responses.

Allright, sounds good to me :smile: thank you

ANNOUNCEMENT:

NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions Alone 

Version 0.0.1.0.0 has been uploaded!

This version is compatible with CK2 version 2.8.1.1

Compatible with Dark World Reborn 1.63 or higher

This is NOT compatible with the original Darkest Perversions MOD!

Files Have Been Moved (yes, again)!

You Must Delete the Previous Version (both folders)

NOTE: a significant amount of old content is reactivated as well as new content added.

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Standalone mode is currently functional, but still missing numerous capabilities and mechanics.  Playing with DWR is highly recommended.

v0.0.1.0.0  2018-04-04  "Night Wolves, Kitsune, and Rattus, oh my!"

CAUTION: I have not had a chance to do extensive playtesting and I expect this release to be a bit buggier than a normal non-preview release.  
NOTE: Numerous events, decisions, cultures, and building have been added or reactivated.  I have spoken about many of these in the forums, but I do not have a nice clean list of everything.  Here are some of the highlights:

• Animal races now have "in heat/in rut" mechanics.  These are still in the early stages of development and have not yet been proven to work for long games, nor have they been balanced.  They are throttled by the breeding speed rule.
  • Warhammer's skaven culture has been partially imported and renamed to "rattus" in honor of a recently departed lover of mine.  This is little more than a "cosmetic" import at this time and they will undergo significant changes as time goes on.  "Marko, you are greatly missed and will always be remembered fondly by this old mutt."
  • Kitsune events and mechanics have been significantly expanded, but is still missing many things for this to be a fully viable player race.  There is a decision that will let you play as a Kitsune.  Male anthro Kitsune portraits are not yet done.
  • Night Wolves are back!  The actual invasion mechanics have not yet been reactivated, nor has the alpha/beta/omega system.
  • The Hall of Discretion is currently undergoing major reconstruction.  For now, it still functions as it always has but you will notice new related building options with a mix of town and castle requirements.  In the future, you will have to meet the requirements and build these buildings before you will have access to the Halls of Discretion.  Even then, upgrades will be needed to access certain portions and features.  For example:
    • Once you build the level 1 Hall of Discretion, then you will be able to build modules for kennels, stables, and barnyards (with more basic modules to be added in the future).  The first level of these will allow access to the basic animal sex scenes that are, were, or will be in the Hall of Discretion.
    • The level 2 Hall of Discretion will be needed to upgrade your animal modules so that sentient animals can be bred, but you will also have to have recruited and maintain an urban witchdoctor for this capability.
    • The level 3 Hall of Discretion will be needed to upgrade your animal modules so that mythologicals, anthros and "monster girl/boi" races can be bred.  You will need to upgrade your urban witchdoctor's residence and maintain one on staff to have access to breeding these advanced races.
  • In time, Kitsune, Neko, Tanuki, Rattus, BeastBred, and some other not yet announced anthro races will be added to the Hall of Discretion events.
  • A new Hall of Discretion option for sex with the dead and undead is in the works, but has not yet been completed.  Much of the event text has already been written and just needs coded in.
  • The witchdoctor is now available to nomads, merchants, and feudal rulers even if you are not a night wolf.  The tribal witchdoctor will be cumming soon.
  • There is a decision to seek a witchdoctor, similar to (and modeled after) the Reaper's Due mechanics for recruiting a physician.  This does NOT require the Reaper's Due DLC.
  • The outline of two new choices for child education is in place if you have the Conclave DLC.  Children can get traits from this despite the lack of proper events.  Once all of the events are written and in place, they will be expanded so that they can be used by people without this DLC.
  • Over 90 new trait icons have been added. 
  • Kink traits now have top, bottom, and switch variants.  NOTE: the kink tracking system has not yet been updated to deal with these changes and strange behaviour may happen.
  • A few new surprises I'd rather you discover for yourself instead of having me spoil them here.  :tongue:
  • ... and several more things that have slipped my mind.

NDPA 0.0.1.0.0 Bugs!

1. NEW:     @NoxBestia: newly imported Rattus (aka Warhammer's skaven) race graphics are broken and they appear as humans.  Oops!  I forgot to save the modified character interface files.  I'll have to completely redo them.
  2. NEW:     @NoxBestia: Sentient talking dogs and tanuki should not yet be available in the ruler designer.  These are just copies for the fox race and graphics I was using as placeholders until I do these races.
  3. NEW:     @NoxBestia: randomize button not changing Night Wolf base portrait.  Another character interface file I must have forgotten to save.
  4. NEW:     @NoxBestia: non omega_bitch males are showing up in the list of candidates when a male or futa is in rut.
  5. NEW:     @NoxBestia: urban witchdoctor localisation not updated.
  6. NEW:     @NoxBestia: strange mode rules localisation not updated.
  7. NEW:     @mirlo1: Hall of Discretion decision is not working.
  8. NEW:     @mirlo1 and @Kanade1337Large amounts of localisation is missing.  Some of this is known (like the new Rattus culture), while other parts simply didn't get downloaded and converted into .csv format.  A partial patch for this is in the works.
  9. NEW:     @Alaratt: "Nox shopping" decision is active even when DWR is active.