[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

On 3/27/2018 at 1:32 PM, Lordgio9 said:

Wouldn't this instantly kill the people that offer immortality? Heck just to get the event chain for immortality you have to be pretty old already, console commands might be the only way to attain immortality in these modes. Also I see virtually every bloodline dying out every other generation mainly because most people seem to have trouble giving birth within the time limit, plus even if they do give birth, unless they engage in matrilineal marriages eventually a daughter will hand over the dynastic lands to another family.

Still, I wanna give at least Logan's Run a go, would be nice to have a world where wrinkly old people that have been in my court for decades can't exist.

If you are playing with Dark World enabled, it is much easier to become immortal while you're still young if you are a succubus.  Even without Dark World active, if your character is a Kitsune you are considered immortal and exempted from the filter.  There may be a few others; I haven't searched in a while.  I made these because I needed lots of characters to die fast for certain tests.

55 minutes ago, NoxBestia said:

And like a demonoid, they can pass on their own immortality to someone... but at the cost of their own life.

Yeah, that's fine though. I'd rather pass the immortality to the direct heir than creating an army of immortal which will eventually stab you in the back.

Feature Updates: Childhood Education & Kinks

NDPA kink traits now have "_top" and "_switch" variants.  The kink tracker will be updated to deal with this at some future point in time.  

@Herring: While I greatly appreciate your offer, I have decided to take a different route for how I am going to do the kink icons.  There will be a red dot (actually a tiny heart) in the upper left for top, lower left for bottom, and two dots (top and bottom left) for switch.  I will likely change the color scheme for my kink icons from a red disk to a black disk, but I am considering some other options and have not yet decided.  I will soon be redoing my existing kink icons as well as working on adding new ones.

In addition to kink traits now having top and switch variants, I have added one more kink to the list: voyeurism.  There are currently no events that support this kink, but one (or more) of the (planned) new education events could lead to it. 

Speaking of education, back at the end of October I made the following post:

On 10/24/2017 at 7:41 PM, NoxBestia said:

Two New Childhood Focus Options

Like my sainted mum used to say, "Get 'em young, and the possibilities are endless." -- Bart.  You will soon be able to start your young children on the path of whispers with two new childhood education options.  I'm not thrilled about the icons I have for them, but they'll do until I find or make better ones.  :classic_smile:

post-850739-0-80565600-1508895307_thumb.png

A semi-functional preview of this will be active in the next upload.  Currently there is only generic text with a yes/no response but entire event chains are planned (some are even laid out) like in the "Way of Life" childhood education.  WOL is required for this to function properly.  I have not tested what it does without WOL active, but it shouldn't crash the MOD if you don't have it.  Also, at some point I'll be replacing the Grateful Dead bear with a fox of some sort. 

I am getting closer to an upload, but work has been eating more of my days than normal and I still have some serious problems with the in_heat system slowing the game to a crawl.

Last night I spent some time going through the Warhammer MOD's code to see what all they were doing to reduce interspecies marriages.  Their solution doesn't fit at all with my desired goals (going to far as to kill on birth any child born of a mixed-species couple), but some of their stuff did give me a few ideas to help work towards my goals... if they are safe to use.

Unfortunately, Warhammer spews so many errors that after about 6 months to 1 year of game time, the error.log is so big Notepad++ won't open it anymore.  It also caused my game to slow to a crawl, which is a problem that I am still suffering in NDPA.  Fortunately, I know why NDPA is doing it and I am hoping to be able to get it resolved tonight after work.  If my ideas fail tonight, I may disabled the in_heat mechanics and do an upload this weekend without them and then try to get them working for the next update.  Either way, it is my goal to post an update before the weekend is up.

22 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Feature Updates: Childhood Education & Kinks

NDPA kink traits now have "_top" and "_switch" variants.  The kink tracker will be updated to deal with this at some future point in time.  

@Herring: While I greatly appreciate your offer, I have decided to take a different route for how I am going to do the kink icons.  There will be a red dot (actually a tiny heart) in the upper left for top, lower left for bottom, and two dots (top and bottom left) for switch.  I will likely change the color scheme for my kink icons from a red disk to a black disk, but I am considering some other options and have not yet decided.  I will soon be redoing my existing kink icons as well as working on adding new ones.

In addition to kink traits now having top and switch variants, I have added one more kink to the list: voyeurism.  There are currently no events that support this kink, but one (or more) of the (planned) new education events could lead to it. 

Speaking of education, back at the end of October I made the following post:

A semi-functional preview of this will be active in the next upload.  Currently there is only generic text with a yes/no response but entire event chains are planned (some are even laid out) like in the "Way of Life" childhood education.  WOL is required for this to function properly.  I have not tested what it does without WOL active, but it shouldn't crash the MOD if you don't have it.  Also, at some point I'll be replacing the Grateful Dead bear with a fox of some sort. 

I am getting closer to an upload, but work has been eating more of my days than normal and I still have some serious problems with the in_heat system slowing the game to a crawl.

If I'm not mistaken, childhood focuses come with Conclave (aka "Zeus"), now Way of Life

5 hours ago, ngppgn said:

If I'm not mistaken, childhood focuses come with Conclave (aka "Zeus"), now Way of Life

You are correct.  I believe you need Way of Life and Conclave.  Sorry.  I wont make these hard requirements to run the MOD, but the education features may not work without them.  Though I may go ahead and write up something that would work with the old method if I get enough people who specifically request it that don't have Conclave.

1 hour ago, Battle.cry said:

Im not really okay that I'd need to buy additional stuff, which isnt exactly cheap in comparison with my wage, to get the mod work properly but its your mod and if people dont mind it, go for that conclave. 

Who buys Paradox games? Yarr

I think something to be considered is that some people don't have Conclave on the basis that it "makes the game needlessly hard via council and changes the education system in a complex way". Personally I got over quickly but its still something I know people have hold ups over.

8 hours ago, Battle.cry said:

Im not really okay that I'd need to buy additional stuff, which isnt exactly cheap in comparison with my wage, to get the mod work properly but its your mod and if people dont mind it, go for that conclave. 

There are ways of making it so that these traits will happen without Conclave but the player loses a lot of control.  I do try to limit the required DLC for people who don't have all of it.  Also, when I directly copy CK2 code, I try to make sure and copy the alternatives if they exist.   Fortunately they do for a lot of the education and disease stuff.

BTW, tonight was the first time I actually got children getting these new traits, which showed me some bugs I missed but have already fixed.  I am fairly confident I'll be able to do a release tomorrow... but should I with it being April 1?.

14 hours ago, Abominus said:

Without WoL, the game is no real fun :D.

And Conclave, yes, I also like that.

6 hours ago, jjnoc5 said:

I think something to be considered is that some people don't have Conclave on the basis that it "makes the game needlessly hard via council and changes the education system in a complex way". Personally I got over quickly but its still something I know people have hold ups over.

Once I figured out how to manipulate the council, they became little more than an occasional nuisance (except during a regency).  I love the control over the education Conclave gives.  You just have to avoid some of the choices since they almost always turn out bad.

Icon Ideas?

I have 4 new childhood education traits that I need to make icons for.  I have temporary icons for two of them (cunning and tricky) but I am having a hard time coming up with something that makes sense for "discrete."  I also need to decide what to use for "stealthy." 

I'm open to ideas of what to use.  I'd prefer animal symbolism (like the intelligent and wise owl, cruel lustful dominant wolf, slutty and tricky submissive fox, cunning horny and timid bunny, and on and on) but no animal cries out 'discrete' to me.  The best suggestions I have gotten so far are mouse or lynx since both are linked to secrets according to some shamanistic traditions.

I have a problem, basicslly  in dark world reborn mod it includes tits and balls but this mod includes tits and ass but when I click on a prepubescent girl it says she has prepubescent ass and tits but then it says she has giant tits, any way to fix it cuz I think it might be a bug? also i cant understand how this manipulation and rape stuff works as i cant do either of them 

1 hour ago, NoxBestia said:

Many thanks.  Dozens of different google searches and I didn't hit that one.  I was mostly searching for animal stereotypes.

Heh, I was hoping for Chinese symbolism though ;). Many culture have totem-like stories.

6 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Icon Ideas?

I have 4 new childhood education traits that I need to make icons for.  I have temporary icons for two of them (cunning and tricky) but I am having a hard time coming up with something that makes sense for "discrete."  I also need to decide what to use for "stealthy." 

I'm open to ideas of what to use.  I'd prefer animal symbolism (like the intelligent and wise owl, cruel lustful dominant wolf, slutty and tricky submissive fox, cunning horny and timid bunny, and on and on) but no animal cries out 'discrete' to me.  The best suggestions I have gotten so far are mouse or lynx since both are linked to secrets according to some shamanistic traditions.

Honestly i cant think of anything right now... how about bagder maybe? Lynx would be a good one aswell imo...

7 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

There are ways of making it so that these traits will happen without Conclave but the player loses a lot of control.  I do try to limit the required DLC for people who don't have all of it.  Also, when I directly copy CK2 code, I try to make sure and copy the alternatives if they exist.   Fortunately they do for a lot of the education and disease stuff.

BTW, tonight was the first time I actually got children getting these new traits, which showed me some bugs I missed but have already fixed.  I am fairly confident I'll be able to do a release tomorrow... but should I with it being April 1?.

Ive decided to buy conclave from my next wage, so i vote for the conclave in the end :smile:

image.png.e27256ffd97a0fa7919aa335e892796b.png

I have increased the potential combination of good & bad childhood traits for most of the education traits.  Eventually I'll redo the Brer Rabbit one so it fits in better, but for now it is better than a blank tan disk. 

And no, my crotch spawn didn't get all of those traits naturally.  :tongue: