[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

ANNOUNCEMENT:

NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions Alone 

Version 0.0.1.0.1 has been uploaded!

This version is compatible with CK2 version 2.8.1.1

Compatible with Dark World Reborn 1.63 or higher

This is NOT compatible with the original Darkest Perversions MOD!

You Must Delete the Previous Version (both folders)

NOTE: this is a hotfix addressing bugs discovered after the last update.  No new content is added (except for some missing localisation text).

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Standalone mode is currently functional, but still missing numerous capabilities and mechanics.  Playing with DWR is highly recommended.

v0.0.1.0.1  2018-04-05  hotfix#1

1. FIXED:   @NoxBestia: newly imported Rattus (aka Warhammer's skaven) race graphics are broken and they appear as humans.
  2. FIXED:   @NoxBestia: Sentient talking dogs and tanuki should not yet be available in the ruler designer.
  3. FIXED:   @NoxBestia: randomize button not changing Night Wolf base portrait.
  4. FIXED:   @NoxBestia: non omega_bitch males are showing up in the list of candidates when a male or futa is in rut.
  5. FIXED:   @NoxBestia: urban witchdoctor localisation not updated.
  6. FIXED:   @NoxBestia: strange mode rules localisation not updated.
  7. FALSE:   @mirlo1: Hall of Discretion decision is not working.
  8. PARTIAL: @mirlo1 and @Kanade1337: Large amounts of localisation is missing.  A large amount of the missing localisation text has been added in but there are still missing sections.
  9. FIXED:   @Alaratt: "Nox shopping" decision is active even when DWR is active.

I've noticed some oddness with Night Wolves and heat. If you get one with below average endowments, the never seem to be able to overcome the stacking fertility penalities. Perhaps forcing them to spawn with minimum size 4 traits would help? The highest heat the seemed to reach was 3, so that could also be a problem. I also tried spending time with/nox impreg on females who were just barely fertile. My own fertility was over 200, so conception should have occurred. it never did. I'm wondering if the heat effect was ended before impregnation was calculated, making them effectively sterile? (females with large enough attributes to have positive fertility normally were getting knocked up pretty often) Additionally, unless I manually spent time with them, even my fertile spouse/concubines weren't getting pregnant. Maybe their fertile period wasn't long enough for the game to check and autoimpregnate?

Finally, I wish the "relative/concubine in heat" message wasn't a popup. With enough girls in game, it was constantly pausing. Although this may have been a result of heats that never produced offspring because of the other issues I mentioned.

28 minutes ago, Silmarion said:

Finally, I wish the "relative/concubine in heat" message wasn't a popup.

Seconding this.  The game slows to a crawl if you happen to get the wolfmother event as all of wolfendom runs a train on your mom and your court full of half-sisters all take turns going into heat, which pauses the game every few seconds at speed 5.

3 hours ago, Battle.cry said:

Nox

I dont see any of Your education "traits" available. I didnt played Conclave DLC before, I started with your mod but I think there are just the basic ones.

Is it a bug or do I have to trigger something? (or are they just turned off now?)

Also, I have more mods active (NOT Toska), are there any more conflicts with other mods?

Thanks for the update again :smile:

I didn't even notice I was missing the education stuff, somewhat bigger interface is blocking it for me too.

55 minutes ago, Silmarion said:

I've noticed some oddness with Night Wolves and heat. If you get one with below average endowments, the never seem to be able to overcome the stacking fertility penalities. Perhaps forcing them to spawn with minimum size 4 traits would help? The highest heat the seemed to reach was 3, so that could also be a problem. I also tried spending time with/nox impreg on females who were just barely fertile. My own fertility was over 200, so conception should have occurred. it never did. I'm wondering if the heat effect was ended before impregnation was calculated, making them effectively sterile? (females with large enough attributes to have positive fertility normally were getting knocked up pretty often) Additionally, unless I manually spent time with them, even my fertile spouse/concubines weren't getting pregnant. Maybe their fertile period wasn't long enough for the game to check and autoimpregnate?

Finally, I wish the "relative/concubine in heat" message wasn't a popup. With enough girls in game, it was constantly pausing. Although this may have been a result of heats that never produced offspring because of the other issues I mentioned.

23 minutes ago, QSIS said:

Seconding this.  The game slows to a crawl if you happen to get the wolfmother event as all of wolfendom runs a train on your mom and your court full of half-sisters all take turns going into heat, which pauses the game every few seconds at speed 5.

The in_heat mechanics are definitely in their early stages of balancing.  I think they need their training wheels back.  :tongue:  

Anyway, as I mentioned in a previous post today, there will be an option to ignore messages for 10 years (or maybe 5).  Additionally you will ahve the option to have a turn at anyone in heat you are notified about, assuming you ahve the equipment or the magical aid.  (Artifacts cuming soon for females who aren't futas ala The Book of Erotic Fantasy's "false penis" magic item.)

I am also testing timing tweaks for both how much time there is between heats/ruts and how long one stays in them.  The longer in heat, the deeper you go.  Rut is based on number of times you have bred someone.  If you are playing a character that goes into rut you can pause the game, rut 8 females, and be done with it.  Of course if you are in war, the bonus to martial for early rut is nice to have.

As for in_heat/in_rut levels, they go up to level 8, and each in-heat level increases the female's fertility.  However, each in_rut level is opposite and decreases a male's fertility.  My current pregnancy checker will fail any pregnancy attempt if one of the participants is at 0% or lower fertility.  I am strongly disliking that and will probably change it to a chance equal to the average fertility of the two participants with no hard fail.

Another set of mechanics that is not yet in play, but affects all of this is the consent and rape mechanics.  Actually, consent is calculated; however the calculation is meaningless right now since I have conception happen anyway.  I decided to rush the update out before I had that part done.  It is near the top of my priorities to finish, along with tuning the in_heat mechanics.

Question: what was your rule set for breeding speed?  Medium or something else?

BTW, did the "Wolf Mother?" event play out smoothly otherwise or did it seem glitched?  Last time it hit me, I seemed to jump from stage to to end stange all at once.

Help Tuning In Heat/In Rut

As you contemplate ideas for tuning, there is an additional consideration that I have forgotten to share.  If you are in chastity (and maybe even just being a prisoner depending on how things work out and the kinks of your jailer) during a heat/rut there then will be a weekly(?) chance of going insane.  Sexual insanity can add kinks, remove kinks, cause depression, cause you to attempt to mutilate yourself, especially your genitals, make you murderous, and all the other wonderful default lunatic penalties and scenarios.  Characters with the asexual trait or those who have gained the chastity kink (bottom or switch) have a chance of gaining positive (undecided) changes in such conditions.

As for breeding speeds and heat/rut, I had thought that once I had duration and frequency sert for medium then lower breeding rates would increase the time between heats and ruts while higher rates would increased how long they last.  If I keep with this thought then they will never be more frequent than they are at whatever medium gets tuned to.

The in_heat/rut system is my current prime focus for this stage of MOD development.  I am asking everyone who is testing this mod to consider adding their input on this (and thank those who already have.)

In case you missed it in the rapid posts, the changes so far decided upon will be:

1. the option (if able) to go and have a turn with any female in heat you are notified about
  2. the option to stop getting the messages for (5 or 10?) years
  3. heats get deeper the longer you are in heat, increase fertility, bonuses, and penalties
  4. ruts get weaker each time you fuck someone, reducing bonuses and penalties
  5. a rape & consent system is in the works that will come into play as well.

59 minutes ago, NoxBestia said:

BTW, did the "Wolf Mother?" event play out smoothly otherwise or did it seem glitched?  Last time it hit me, I seemed to jump from stage to to end stange all at once.

It looked like it was working to me, although I don't have any frame of reference to know how it is supposed to go down.  I got three events that ended with her as my regent.  One thing that would be nice is an event to possibly change your religion to hers since its difficult to change if you've already selected a non-faith/heritage education before the initial event fires.  Also it seems to fire very frequently as I've gotten it every single time I control a child.  I don't know if that's intended or not.

20 minutes ago, Alaratt said:

Updating didn't go so well for me. I loaded the save and my portraits\traits changed and most of the characters I looked at were pregnant with a dragon baby from Slavery Expanded. Must have been a great party, too bad I missed it.

LMAO!  Man, I would have enjoyed a party like that.  I didn't think I add any new traits, but maybe by changing the localisation changed their numbering assignments when you loaded in the previous save.  As far as the game is concerned a character's traits look something like this: traits={8 520 473 439 438 118 328 474 363 348 420 593 130 121 }

4 minutes ago, QSIS said:

It looked like it was working to me, although I don't have any frame of reference to know how it is supposed to go down.  I got three events that ended with her as my regent.  One thing that would be nice is an event to possibly change your religion to hers since its difficult to change if you've already selected a non-faith/heritage education before the initial event fires.  Also it seems to fire very frequently as I've gotten it every single time I control a child.  I don't know if that's intended or not.

I may have increased its frequency for testing purposes.  I'll have a look at it and make sure it only has a chance of firing and not definitely going to fire.  I'll consider religion changing options.  I like the idea.  :smile: 

3 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

The in_heat mechanics are definitely in their early stages of balancing.  I think they need their training wheels back.  :tongue:  

Anyway, as I mentioned in a previous post today, there will be an option to ignore messages for 10 years (or maybe 5).  Additionally you will ahve the option to have a turn at anyone in heat you are notified about, assuming you ahve the equipment or the magical aid.  (Artifacts cuming soon for females who aren't futas ala The Book of Erotic Fantasy's "false penis" magic item.)

I am also testing timing tweaks for both how much time there is between heats/ruts and how long one stays in them.  The longer in heat, the deeper you go.  Rut is based on number of times you have bred someone.  If you are playing a character that goes into rut you can pause the game, rut 8 females, and be done with it.  Of course if you are in war, the bonus to martial for early rut is nice to have.

As for in_heat/in_rut levels, they go up to level 8, and each in-heat level increases the female's fertility.  However, each in_rut level is opposite and decreases a male's fertility.  My current pregnancy checker will fail any pregnancy attempt if one of the participants is at 0% or lower fertility.  I am strongly disliking that and will probably change it to a chance equal to the average fertility of the two participants with no hard fail.

Another set of mechanics that is not yet in play, but affects all of this is the consent and rape mechanics.  Actually, consent is calculated; however the calculation is meaningless right now since I have conception happen anyway.  I decided to rush the update out before I had that part done.  It is near the top of my priorities to finish, along with tuning the in_heat mechanics.

Question: what was your rule set for breeding speed?  Medium or something else?

I had breeding speed on rapid. I played another (very quick) bit as a female (futa), and this time the "in heat" mechanics would reach stage 4 before turning off. Once again, having a go at other females in heat wasn't adding offspring, unless they naturally had a fertility over 0%. I really do think the the "in heat" state is being removed before the game tries calculating if the target gets pregnant. And for women with a greater than 40% penalty to fertility, they weren't even getting that chance.

I really like the idea of letting characters get impregnated even with <0 fertility if in heat, but making sure the heat goes away only after pregnancy is calculated and ensuring it runs all the way to stage 8 would be very, very helpful. I'd also suggest letting heat expire a year after hitting stage 8, to make sure the game has a chance to make an impregnation check (assuming it does so on a yearly basis)

5 hours ago, Silmarion said:

I had breeding speed on rapid. I played another (very quick) bit as a female (futa), and this time the "in heat" mechanics would reach stage 4 before turning off. Once again, having a go at other females in heat wasn't adding offspring, unless they naturally had a fertility over 0%. I really do think the the "in heat" state is being removed before the game tries calculating if the target gets pregnant. And for women with a greater than 40% penalty to fertility, they weren't even getting that chance.

I really like the idea of letting characters get impregnated even with <0 fertility if in heat, but making sure the heat goes away only after pregnancy is calculated and ensuring it runs all the way to stage 8 would be very, very helpful. I'd also suggest letting heat expire a year after hitting stage 8, to make sure the game has a chance to make an impregnation check (assuming it does so on a yearly basis)

What you are experiencing is definitely not the results I want so I am going to try to test some different settings today and may upload a patch later on.  I've been needing to upgrade my pregnancy checker code anyway since I was shown how to use the variables directly and not have to break it into 10% increments.

BTW, the in_heat pregnancy check is made at the time of mating.  If you have logging turned on the game.log tells you the status of any of my system's manual pregnancy checks.  Below is an example for three different checks.  The first one started with a female with a 70% fertility.  The male's fertility increased the chance to a little over 80%.  The second check had a very fertile female but the male must have been infertile.  The third one had a very infertile female.

[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.23]:The initial chance of conception for the bottom only was: 0.7.
[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.23]:ROLL FOR PREGNANCY
[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.23]:----------------
[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.23]:The chance of conception fed into the if/else is: 82.35.
[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.23]:chance = 80

[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.24]:The initial chance of conception for the bottom only was: 0.947.
[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.24]:PREGNANCY NOT POSSIBLE

[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.26]:The initial chance of conception for the bottom only was: -0.77.
[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.26]:PREGNANCY NOT POSSIBLE

11 minutes ago, NoxBestia said:

What you are experiencing is definitely not the results I want so I am going to try to test some different settings today and may upload a patch later on.  I've been needing to upgrade my pregnancy checker code anyway since I was shown how to use the variables directly and not have to break it into 10% increments.

BTW, the in_heat pregnancy check is made at the time of mating.  If you have logging turned on the game.log tells you the status of any of my system's manual pregnancy checks.  Below is an example for three different checks.  The first one started with a female with a 70% fertility.  The male's fertility increased the chance to a little over 80%.  The second check had a very fertile female but the male must have been infertile.  The third one had a very infertile female.

[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.23]:The initial chance of conception for the bottom only was: 0.7.
[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.23]:ROLL FOR PREGNANCY
[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.23]:----------------
[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.23]:The chance of conception fed into the if/else is: 82.35.
[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.23]:chance = 80

[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.24]:The initial chance of conception for the bottom only was: 0.947.
[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.24]:PREGNANCY NOT POSSIBLE

[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.26]:The initial chance of conception for the bottom only was: -0.77.
[effectimplementation.cpp:18459]: EVENT [780.1.26]:PREGNANCY NOT POSSIBLE

I'll play some more tonight and take a look. It's possible I was just having awful luck. Also, I noticed one female w/above zero natural fertility was constantly pregnant with ~12 bastards. I had small litters turned on, so it should have been capped at 4...

I'm not sure if there was a misfiring event going on, because she was getting constantly reimpregnated. As soon as one was born, she'd get topped off again.

24 minutes ago, Silmarion said:

I'll play some more tonight and take a look. It's possible I was just having awful luck. Also, I noticed one female w/above zero natural fertility was constantly pregnant with ~12 bastards. I had small litters turned on, so it should have been capped at 4...

I'm not sure if there was a misfiring event going on, because she was getting constantly reimpregnated. As soon as one was born, she'd get topped off again.

Yeah, my small littlers control is broken.  It is either full multi-preg or nothing it seems.  At least I haven't found anyway to get a list of how many unborns you have queued up.

10 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Help Tuning In Heat/In Rut

I don't have any real interest in a ongoing "heat" mechanic. The way I see it is that it can occasionally happens, like a character could become a lunatic, which would triggers other detrimental or humorous events. The werewolf "hunts" is a nice approach to the idea. So yeah, a cyclical "in heat" mechanic shouldn't be too detrimental. An occasional one can go wild. (Rape all the things in the castle, wooo!)

2 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Yeah, my small littlers control is broken.  It is either full multi-preg or nothing it seems.  At least I haven't found anyway to get a list of how many unborns you have queued up.

That's interesting. Because I could not cause intentional multipregs for the life of me!

19 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Without having ever used either, I would guess somewhat bigger interface is what is breaking it.  Unfortunately, it makes sense that it does since I am moding the core interface to add these childhood traits.  You might try making somewhat bigger interface a dependency of NDPA as see if it works then.  It could break even worse though.

Didnt know that, thanks for the answer :smile:

21 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Without having ever used either, I would guess somewhat bigger interface is what is breaking it.  Unfortunately, it makes sense that it does since I am moding the core interface to add these childhood traits.  You might try making somewhat bigger interface a dependency of NDPA as see if it works then.  It could break even worse though.

I don't know if something is going to be broken down the road but making it a dependency of NDPA worked for me, now I can see the extra education options. Which is awesome, because even though I have only had bigger interface for a week now, there is no going back. It's just too awesome to be able to see my traits again.

10 hours ago, bicobus said:

I don't have any real interest in a ongoing "heat" mechanic. The way I see it is that it can occasionally happens, like a character could become a lunatic, which would triggers other detrimental or humorous events. The werewolf "hunts" is a nice approach to the idea. So yeah, a cyclical "in heat" mechanic shouldn't be too detrimental. An occasional one can go wild. (Rape all the things in the castle, wooo!)

I have to agree with Bicobus. I know how you like to play around with automatic breeding of some kind on a large scale, but it usually ends in waves of characters being pumped into a game that eventually can't handle it Nox. My hint is to just rethink it. No matter how much tweaking you give it the underlying issue imo is the mechanics of it.

Version 0.0.1.0.2 has been uploaded.

Other than throwing up a game on "observe" at max speed for the rest of the night, I'm not yet playing this version so if there are any nasty new bugs let me know and I'll try to mitigate them.

EDIT: Nevermind.  On observe it didn't even make it 30 years before the slowdown became too much.  Once I decide what, if any, future NDPA has I'll let you all know.

Well the issue isn't automatic breeding per say, but the consequences of it. The engine already has trouble with useless NPC, and tends to prune them away. Do it enough times and you'll find yourself in a dead end.

Now, you could have a mechanic to send the extra little buggers away to fairy land or something. That is, create a new approach to breeding. Suddenly having lots of babies isn't so much of an issue and can also be beneficial as the king of fairy land love his little doggies (but his mood can change, sometimes he likes cats).

had my game run for 120 years, literally every county is owned by somebody that is a relative of grandfather wolf :V

i also think that theres something wrong with the wolf character icons - i have some female wolves that look very male and the other way around, too.

ive also had below event pop up.

this.png

Speaking of the Wolf Mother event line, have sexy time scenes/events for it been written yet?

If not though, I understand. Better for a mod to have a solid foundation first before doing the little things like that.

Really enjoying reading through all of the updates and changes to the mod so far, and it baffles me when I see how much work you've done on it... I hope you take a break and relax once in awhile. ;)

4 hours ago, mirlo1 said:

Your mod no longer works right the old one was better. with this mod the game ist just slowing down and many functions dont work right! after 10-15 years game gets so slow :-(

The previous version is still available for download.  I'll leave both version for anyone who might still want them.