Animation question [Solved]

i have a question for someone who actually understands how Skyrim sorts and handles animations.

about the time i finally switched to using the DDI 4.0 development build i ran into a CTD issue when i updated a SLAL pack.

i was able to solve it by removing a bunch of animations.  the confusing part at the time was i had previously ran the game with a lot more 

animations than updating the pack would add.

the only thing i was being told was i had "just to many animations installed".

at the time i made the point that my system had previously had a LOT more animations installed and worked fine, and was still told it was just to many animations.

i recently updated the DDI 4.1 development build (to the most recent) and ran into this same issue yet again.   umm  hello it did not add a lot of animations and yet again

i had had more animations than it was adding and the game was working fine before that, and again the only solution i can make work is to remove a bunch of animations 

by cutting a bunch of animations out (i cut a major SLAL pack way down) to get the game to run again.

the CTD occurs (if i do not cut the animtions out) when trying to enter the game from main menu.  it CTD's no matter which way i try to enter the game (coc qasmoke, new game, 

load any save game, and having the "load game ctd fix" mod does not help).

so this time i had a thought and tried something out (having looked at previous post to remind myself that at one point i had over 14000 character animations running)

game 1 with DDI 3.3b and DDX 2.0c game runs normal. FNIS report attached

9017 character and 4722 creature animations

FNIS DDI 3.3B.txt

game 2 with DDI 3.3b and DDX 2.0c with the Get Stripped mod added and yet again the game runs normal. FNIS attached

9623 character and 4722 creature animations

FNIS DDI 3.3 B with Get Stripped.txt

game 3 with DDI 3.3b and DDX2.0c with Get Stripped and the FB SLAL pack (all animations except amputated installed) and yet again the game runs normal. FNIS attached

12280 character and 4722 creature animations

FNIS DDI 3.3 B with Get Stripped and FB Full 12.0.txt

game 4 with DDI 4.1 Development and DDX 4.1 Development build with cut down FB SLAL pack and game runs normal . FNIS attached

9890 character and 4722 creature animations

FNIS DDI 4.1 Development.txt

game 5 with DDI development and DDX 4.1 Development build with same cut down FB SLAL pack adding the Get Stripped mod = CTD from main menu. FNIS attached

10496 character and 4722 creature animtaions

FNIS DDI 4.1 Development with Get Stripped.txt

i will freely admit i am not the best at some of this stuff but this does really confuse me.

could someone please explain how games 1-4 can run fine but game 5 gets the CTD from main menu with the exact same mods loaded???

considering game 5 has over 1700 LESS animations than game 3. and the only differences between game 3 and 5 is the version of DDI/DDX and actually cutting the

FB SLAL pack way back (much less animations) in game 5.

i ponder my head about that too!

before zaz8 and DDi4dev (the versions of the last 3 months) i had just  over 15.000 animations and no issue => even more worked, but slowed down the game

now 13.000 animations max or i get CTD before Racemenu (well, at least thats a clear statement of the game i guess)

what changed since the issue showed up first:

- started to use ZAZ8 (still game was working fine)

- upgraded to DDi4devbuild (all the time newst build, all worked => 4 builds backwards the issue appears first)

- updated FNIS xxl (a few times)

- installed crash fixes (=> maybe there is a "stupid and greedy user" safety guard involved?^^)

sooo my guess is that not every animation, that gets registered in FNIS, is shown on this end report:

9814 animations for 44 mods successfully included (character)
 3020 animations for 7 mods and 43 creatures successfully included.

it seems where are way more animatons installed than shown.

still this means something is eating up a lot of animation slots without showing his/her evil face

i am curious if:

- FNIS counts furniture animations as character animations?

- not all creature animations get count?

- alternative animations get count?

- modder scource animations get registered even if not shown in game/FNIS generate for users output? (from DDi, placeholder?, ponygirl animations?)

at least this forces my lazy ass to learn how to build my own SLAL pack => lazyboy to sixpackboy

Hey. I have a similar problem. I got CTD when animations were more than 11300. So I played further with about 11100, yesterday I installed DDi4devbuild and got 11700 animations. I deleted the animation Funnybizness, got 10700 animations and all the same error that was in the number of animations over 11400. Load game ctd fix installed, crashfix installed.

Crashfix issues here this error

Spoiler

Crash info:
2018_05_14_13-10-16 - BE6DD3: V(1); EAX(4E6B0008); EBX(0); ECX(7FFFEDF0); EDX(0); ESI(345DF404); EDI(FFFF8858); EBP(345DF4F0); ESP(345DF3D0); STACK(BE6CFB 64BE07 BF38D6 1010100 BC1A7E BC1C44 786B68 786B68 BC3FF0 BC26C2 BC26C9 BC28D3 BC28DD 1040027 786B68 9E1A99 F52361 42AF26 A59286 1040027);

Maybe someone can suggest something?

Sorry for my bad English.

P.S Now I have CTD at 9800 animations with DDi4devbuild

16 hours ago, Huili said:

Maybe someone can suggest something?

Sorry for my bad English.

P.S Now I have CTD at 9800 animations with DDi4devbuild

sadly the only thing i know of to do is to cut the number of animations until your system can handle it again.

this is done by removing SLAL Packs or mods that add animations.

if you have some SLAL packs installed that you do not use all the animations from another option is to learn how to make a SLAL pack yourself so that it will

save you animations.  as i do not know how to do this myself i cannot help if you do decide to go this route.

a mod that could possibly help a lot by removing it if you have it installed is "Get Stripped" as it is a one time through set of quests and it adds a bunch of animations 

by itself.

I ran into a similar issue when upgrading between two dev builds of 4.1, and had to disable mods until I could stop using FNIS XXL before the game would load again. After a while I installed the mod Load Game CTD Fix and recently tried going back to FNIS XXL. The game does load without CTD, and everything functions, but as expected with the XXL version I do run into rather frequent crashes while playing. Try using installing that mod and see if you can load the game?

• 3 weeks later...
On 13. Mai 2018 at 11:07 PM, donttouchmethere said:

i ponder my head about that too!

before zaz8 and DDi4dev (the versions of the last 3 months) i had just  over 15.000 animations and no issue => even more worked, but slowed down the game

now 13.000 animations max or i get CTD before Racemenu (well, at least thats a clear statement of the game i guess)

what changed since the issue showed up first:

- started to use ZAZ8 (still game was working fine)

- upgraded to DDi4devbuild (all the time newst build, all worked => 4 builds backwards the issue appears first)

- updated FNIS xxl (a few times)

- installed crash fixes (=> maybe there is a "stupid and greedy user" safety guard involved?^^)

sooo my guess is that not every animation, that gets registered in FNIS, is shown on this end report:

9814 animations for 44 mods successfully included (character)
 3020 animations for 7 mods and 43 creatures successfully included.

it seems where are way more animatons installed than shown.

still this means something is eating up a lot of animation slots without showing his/her evil face

i am curious if:

- FNIS counts furniture animations as character animations?

- not all creature animations get count?

- alternative animations get count?

- modder scource animations get registered even if not shown in game/FNIS generate for users output? (from DDi, placeholder?, ponygirl animations?)

at least this forces my lazy ass to learn how to build my own SLAL pack => lazyboy to sixpackboy

zap´s animation (latest version) grab little less than 10% of latest FNIS XXL7.xx animation resources: =19xx animations. Every animation that is side chained by FNIS counts. 300 furnitures count like 900 animations, that´s simply depending on the FNIS-Animation-table.

This is everything meant for animations, that are running by using FNIS.

Too bad, that there is no easy way to install animations one by one, as soon as you load a pack all it's anims are in the count, even if they are not activated. Alternativ animations are not counted directly so it is hard to track them. But it would be interesting if someone trys out how many anims you get for a heavy clothing addon like DDx 4.1, or a script heavy DDi 4.1

ahh ok that at least explains it then.

thanks for the information T.ara.  at least now i know what is happening (even if i can no longer directly track it).

fwiw - i can tell you on DDI 3.3b i had at one point 14987 animations (as per FNIS, when i had zaz7.0 + TUFP + Get Stripped + a few more animation heavy quest mods

{which sucked so they got dropped}) and now i cannot hit 10000 (9984 crashed, and down to 9869 as per last FNIS run).

as per the FNIS runs made when i first made this topic it is at least 1700 animations being added (by DDI/DDX) that FNIS does not count.

it would be nice if users had a way to easily tell how many "uncounted" animations mods add (especially framework mods).

while the new items are nice and all i guess i am going to have to pick a stop point on keeping current with DDi/DDX (probably when 4.1 gets released i will make that work

and stop then). 

i just want to thank you all who responded to this thread for all the information and help provided (and for bothering to read the thread).

Archived