Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

@Kimy @zarantha There's definitely a bug or issue of compatibility with Nemesis which is the only one which generates animations under GOG Skyrim. Fore's generates warnings about not being in Steam path, though are on official GOG Skyrim release. Also FNIS isn't being developed and several individuals are recommending Nemesis over FNIS due to lack of maintenance updates.

The animations are installed and would likely work under FNIS however aren't utilising it, as are using modifications which only work with Nemesis. Currently attempting operation with Devious Devices 5.2 RC2 release on SSE. Using latest update of Nemesis 0.48 with latest released engine update of Nemesis.

UpdateLog.txt PatchLog.txt

Edited by Leoosp
2 hours ago, Leoosp said:

@Kimy @zarantha There's definitely a bug or issue of compatibility with Nemesis which is the only one which generates animations under GOG Skyrim. Fore's generates warnings about not being in Steam path, though are on official GOG Skyrim release. Also FNIS isn't being developed and several individuals are recommending Nemesis over FNIS due to lack of maintenance updates.

The animations are installed and would likely work under FNIS however aren't utilising it, as are using modifications which only work with Nemesis. Currently attempting operation with Devious Devices 5.2 RC2 release on SSE. Using latest update of Nemesis 0.48 with latest released engine update of Nemesis.

UpdateLog.txt 18.5 kB · 0 downloads PatchLog.txt 95.56 kB · 0 downloads

FNIS works even if it complains about the path. Just run it anyway and don't use nemesis. just because it's not being developed anymore does not mean it's broken and doesn't work. NOTE: if you remove nemesis, you MUST reinstall DD and FNIS, and probably every other animation mod you have. Just deleting nemesis doesn't get rid of it completely, only reinstalling the FNIS mods works if you've ever run nemesis.

Nothing to do about Nemesis until DD is able to include an option for DAR animations. If you're savvy enough, you can follow roggvir's steps as a bandaid until he's able to finish polishing it for Kimy. If you do that, you can keep using nemesis.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/193060-dd-51-to-dar-python-script/

Edited by zarantha
5 hours ago, Zaflis said:

i'm not sure which expression you are actually changing because i can't replicate that in racemenu.

If you're talking about what the expressions were changed to, it's these values.

Spoiler

ScreenShot1627.jpg.584ee217273ae124310f94adf1801e1d.jpg

Aah and N are the new additions. BigAah and Oh alone is what is was before. In case you dont know, a value of 1 in racemenu is equivalent to 100 on this chart.

14 hours ago, Majin Buu said:

Inventory is the one that has all the scripts attached. The rendered one doesn't have any scripts attached but also does have keywords. Keyword needs to be added to the rendered?

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.6e7b8ae0d624600da0401098436b0ddc.png
image.thumb.png.228991e6c951f63b5bc277fc4b85fd09.png

It depends on the usecase. But for "wornhaskeyword" conditions/checks it's required to add the keyword to the _rendered (or _scriptinstance if legacy). That is the way 99% interactions are made with the devices. Inventory keywords are in essence only used for interacting in menus like the 'no sale' or 'no enchanting'.

DD Scripts are always connected to the inventory device. Exceptions are Magic Effects (Enchantments) which contain scripts. Those are added to the _rendered. As in essence the _rendered item is worn and the _inventory is only used for interactions from menus.

16 hours ago, Zaflis said:

About how the new gag expressions look, i'm not sure which expression you are actually changing because i can't replicate that in racemenu. When i enter racemenu it goes mouth closed anyway so it allows me to try from scratch. But doesn't it look better when you change the "Aah" or "Big aag" morphs?

Hide contents

gag.png.4de1b2d6c331c5c2a4240cf7a9b9c963.png

aah.png.c26d7a3cb789ac777bb62cf15f885fde.png

If you use SE, you can install this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19250. Then click on player while in console, and tap tab until you see expressions. IF you have LE, it should be part of mfg console (if I remember it correctly, didn't use LE in some time).

What morphs are better depends on what head mesh / sliders user uses. So if you think that it doesn't look good now, but would like it other way, you can just use console to change the morphs. In case of Large gag, you can select player (or any other NPC), then type:

addfac zadExpressionPhonemeMod_Large_00 X (Aah)
addfac zadExpressionPhonemeMod_Large_01 X (BigAah)

Only replace the X with number from 0 to 100 (or -1 if you want to disable faction morphs)

Regarding the previously used morphs, according to the zadlibs script, it was using following morphs. Can you check if they are the same?

Spoiler

image.png.9fb72e1bc0b4583d119d0bd7ae590d6a.png

0,0 = Aah

0,1 = BigAah

0,11 = Oh

1,4 = BrowInLeft

1,5 = BrowInRight

1,6 = BrowUpLeft

1,7 = BrowUpRight

But I currently don't have access to 2.1 version, so the script is from beta 7 (I only uncommented it so its not green). It's possible that I might have changed it when removing it.

Lastly, you can use "bat" script to change all morphs at once without much typing. I have edited existing script from beta so it work for different load orders. Edit the SetGagAll ranks to change morphs. Then place the scripts to Data folder (directly in game folder, or you can create new mod for it). Lastly, open console again, click on some actor and type:

bat SetGagAll

You can also use RemoveGagAll.txt to reset all faction morphs

bat ResetGagAll

Scripts:

SetGagAll.txtRemGagAll.txt

On 2/2/2023 at 4:39 AM, Kimy said:

- Added: Catsuit event. This event triggers when anything with the keyword 'suit' is worn and has 'Cat' in the name (cat suit and catsuit both work). The event is also weather sensitive (e.g. rain vs sun)

On 2/2/2023 at 4:39 AM, Kimy said:

- Fixed: Restrictive Collar event: Any item with "Restrictive" in the name and has the tag "Collar" will cause it to fire. Not only the default black one.

Hello Kimy, you mentioned that these items have specific name requirement. Will a translation break it?

21 hours ago, markdf said:

It doesn't though. It has a different set of filenames for attacks. Overriding those files with a condition for being unarmed, will replace the MCO unarmed attacks. But there are 7 of them (and 6 power attacks) because they can chain into combos.

They get named like:

mco_attack1.hkx

mco_powerattack1.hkx

And in Conditions.txt:
IsEquippedRightType(0)

Seems to work by adding a NOT EQUIPPED condition to the MCO animations for all the DD devices underneath IsEquippedRightType(0)

Now to figure out why certain heavy restraints still don't let me fight at all (elbowbinders, wrist shackles), and how to get dodging to work with MCO-dodge

1 hour ago, Ricardo-Evans said:

Hello Kimy, you mentioned that these items have specific name requirement. Will a translation break it?

Yes, unless the translated name contains the same word. For example 'Black Ebonite Catsuit' in German would be something like 'Schwarzer Ebonite Catsuit' so that would still work. 'Schwarzer Ebonite Ganzanzug' will not work. 

It will only cause these specific name checks to fail. They are designed around a if-else check so it won't crash because of a translation or something. It will simply not show the message as it thinks you are not wearing it.

15 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Yes, unless the translated name contains the same word. For example 'Black Ebonite Catsuit' in German would be something like 'Schwarzer Ebonite Catsuit' so that would still work. 'Schwarzer Ebonite Ganzanzug' will not work. 

It will only cause these specific name checks to fail. They are designed around a if-else check so it won't crash because of a translation or something. It will simply not show the message as it thinks you are not wearing it.

So maybe there can be a better workaround? Such as checking keywords instead of checking names? I think checking names seems to be inconvenient and slow

1 minute ago, Ricardo-Evans said:

So maybe there can be a better workaround? Such as checking keywords instead of checking names? I think checking names seems to be inconvenient and slow

If you have one let us know :P As far as I know this is the only way. The main problem is that keywords are shared between device types. So for example the standard narrow collar has the same keywords as the big shoulder covering collar. And we are not going to make a keyword for every device subtype there is for something like this.

The main problem in Skyrim is that you can't get the ID of the device. So for example zad_collarPostureBlack_Inventory can't be read from code, only the display name. The ID will not change on translations but the name will. But there is no realistic alternative and as the notifications are hardcoded in another language to begin with I don't see the need to further put effort into it. If you re going to change the code for the notification translation you can just as well change the device nam check to make it compatible?

@Kimy  I was going through the SE patch to see if anything needed carried over or removed and noticed it looks like the struggle updates and some keywords were not forwarded to For Him and BRRF.  For Him was also missing some names, female weight sliders, partitions and priorities not forwarded from DDX.

DD Beta 11 - forward to For Him.esp

DD Beta 11 - forward to BRRF.esp

The new update has broken the vaginal and anal plugs inserting and removing boxes.

Trying to insert an anal plug when already having a vaginal plug equipped will only spawn a "take it out" box for the vaginal plug, which doesn't do anything.

After removing a vaginal plug and attempting to take the anal plug out if one is equipped will ask to remove the vaginal plug again.

Can you please take a look to see if it is rectifiable. I'm playing on LE, btw.

3 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

The new update has broken the vaginal and anal plugs inserting and removing boxes.

Can't confirm that. New game, new char, first automatic hard save after LAL prison cell on LE, DD 5.2.beta 11 RC2

Inserting and removing anal and vaginal plugs from the Extension worked as intended.

But: the locking vaginal plug from Integration seems to be bugged.

Sometimes it goes in and out w/o any popup window. Seems to unlock, but cannot put another plug in, only after reinserting and trying to take it out again, I get the window. Putting it in still has the put it in - unlock with key popup at the same time (see image)

And, as I mentioned quite a while ago: when I put an anal plug in, the vaginal locking plug gets rendered, too.

Spoiler

skyrim_plugs_vag_bugged.jpg.c895991b20d969739ffbdc414ce709f5.jpg

5 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

Trying to insert an anal plug when already having a vaginal plug equipped will only spawn a "take it out" box for the vaginal plug, which doesn't do anything.

After removing a vaginal plug and attempting to take the anal plug out if one is equipped will ask to remove the vaginal plug again.

Using custom or framework plugs? One of the changes to the plug message had something to do with a new message variant and/or keyword change. Which at the time seemed like a compatibility issue for mods using custom plugs.

45 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Using custom or framework plugs? One of the changes to the plug message had something to do with a new message variant and/or keyword change. Which at the time seemed like a compatibility issue for mods using custom plugs.

Custom ones.

I've rolled back to the previous version to rectify the issue.

31 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

Custom ones.

I've rolled back to the previous version to rectify the issue.

Could you compare the custom ones to the framework ones in the CK/xEdit? So we can check the difference. Keyword(s), device message and possible script properties, would be my best guess.

If it breaks compatibility with all modded plugs without this change I would like to vote towards a revert of this change.

14 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

I had this issue previously because of Devious Lore - Lore Patch. Are you using that mod? I never did check if Lore Patch got updated.

Edited by Majin Buu

Found the plug issue. Message "zad_plugsAnMsg" is either new or was before unused. This is only involves anal plugs (keyword checks on zad_DeviousPlugAnal). 

The old message, which is also in use by all mods that don't use custom messages (zad_plugsMsg) is now modified to only involves vaginal plugs with a check on zad_DeviousPlugVaginal. So any custom plug that relies on the old message will break unless it's tagged with the vaginal keyword.

The old way by checking on either plugs keyword being present wasn't pritty but at least it would not mess with backwards compatibility. So perhaps reverting the "zad_plugsMsg" message to before this change. And add a new "zad_plugsVagMsg" message with the check/text for Vaginal only. Then modders can update their mods vag plugs with this new message and old mods that rely on the old "zad_plugsMsg" message don't break.

Edited by naaitsab