Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

6 hours ago, naaitsab said:

The stringutil is used to do a check against the name of the device. Like if the name contains "cat" in the catsuit. As I'm not aware of any other method that can do this efficiently.

That might explain why I didn't get any of the new catsuit events with DCL's "Slave Rubber Suit" which hasn't a cat in its name.

On 2/28/2023 at 6:41 AM, Code Serpent said:

Interesting mod dropped on nexus, basically allows custom/colored item icons in SkyUI. Someone could potentially make custom icons for devices.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/85702

On 3/2/2023 at 1:00 AM, Heulsuze said:

I think one should be enough. Perhaps just a solid keyhole or something like that... ?I would like.

Still WIP. I can't do icons though. Inventory devices not having unique keywords like zad_DeviousGagInventory means every inventory device formid must be added to json if you want different tyes in different categories which I did. That also makes it easier to give different icons to different devices assuming we have a bunch of icons laying around. Was too tired to test it after latest edit so it may or may not have an error in json structure.

I4 - DD.7z

9 hours ago, ihatemykite said:

Tested it and looks like there is no issue. Even after deleting the dll. You can try it and let me know if you find some issue. It can be installed as a separate mod. I have also little updated the hider to not create error logs for users who don't use the SoS. Was oversight on my part.

Download: DD5.2 - Native remove.zip

Seems to check out, for the next update we could also remove the benchmark script all together.

3 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

That might explain why I didn't get any of the new catsuit events with DCL's "Slave Rubber Suit" which hasn't a cat in its name.

Yes, DCL's naming might need a little tweak here and there to align a bit more with the wording used in DD. Or we need to add "suit" as a possible hit as well.

@Kimy another one for the probably already lengthy todo list for DCL. :P 

A small thing I noticed while getting devices integrated into Devious Lore; the new 'Elbow Shackles with Collar' restraints don't have any conflicting devices listed, despite them using the collar slot, so that might cause issues. Also, it might be a good idea for the 'Hooked Elbow Shackles' to use the anal plug slot and list anal plugs as conflicting devices too.

Edit: Also, I noticed the Breast Yoke doesn't have the PermitAnal and PermitVaginal keywords, despite it being labeled as a suit.

Edited by Code Serpent
3 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Edit: Also, I noticed the Breast Yoke doesn't have the PermitAnal and PermitVaginal keywords, despite it being labeled as a suit.

This reminds me: having a different keyword to denote an item that replaces the body but is not an actual suit wouldn't be a terrible idea, as currently "zad_DeviousSuit" applies to both the breast yoke and the catsuit as well (I'd rather keep it reserved for the latter category). I'd find it quite beneficial in easily distinguishing worn items if they are needed, say, for a restraint comment that has dialogue conditions attached.

I am having an issue with DD generating the error:

[zadDevicesUnderneathQuest (10041472)].zaddevicesunderneathscript.RebuildSlotmask() - "------------------------------" Line 197
    [zadDevicesUnderneathQuest (10041472)].zaddevicesunderneathscript.UpdateDeviceHiderSlot() - "------------------------------" Line 230
    [alias PlayerRef on quest zadDevicesUnderneathQuest (10041472)].zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.OnUpdate() - "------------------------------------" Line 15

and this seemly is breaking other mods. (for example Disparity can't detect DD piercings I tried to use on my mod, but can detect the character being naked and other stuff just fine)

5 hours ago, cavaleirojustica said:

I am having an issue with DD generating the error:

[zadDevicesUnderneathQuest (10041472)].zaddevicesunderneathscript.RebuildSlotmask() - "------------------------------" Line 197
    [zadDevicesUnderneathQuest (10041472)].zaddevicesunderneathscript.UpdateDeviceHiderSlot() - "------------------------------" Line 230
    [alias PlayerRef on quest zadDevicesUnderneathQuest (10041472)].zadDevicesUnderneathPlayerScript.OnUpdate() - "------------------------------------" Line 15

and this seemly is breaking other mods. (for example Disparity can't detect DD piercings I tried to use on my mod, but can detect the character being naked and other stuff just fine)

grab the patch from ihatemykite on the first post of this page.

That's an interesting device! It would require a new set of AA animations of course, but we haven't added a new device in a long while requiring them, so if there is interest and a volunteer for the animations and for converting the Blender files to NIFs fitting our two body models, I'd merge it. Personally, I'd go for a version without the tags, though.

Hola all. Small bug I noticed: the rope devices have some weight paint issues that make them stretch rather awfully on characters with their arms raised:

Spoiler

DD_Rope_WeightpaintBug.thumb.jpg.ea44c1a3cd294b45dc4106b2e03a5fdf.jpg

Given the many nice contraptions in which this is the case, it's a bit of a shame. I suspect the fix is quite simple: just open up the rope meshes in bodyslide studio, and remove the weights of the arm bones from the bits of rope in the armpits. The top parts should probably stay painted, or they'll clip into the shoulders.

Spoiler

DD_Rope_WeightpaintBug_Fix.thumb.jpg.9ab68b69a436da6402111af0011bb720.jpg

I could do this myself, but I'm not sure how many rope meshes would need to be changed, and it'd probably require a few tries to make sure the weight paint isn't messed up. So I figure I'd throw it in here in case someone wants to pick it up. If nobody does I might pick it up later.

6 hours ago, Frayed said:

Hola all. Small bug I noticed: the rope devices have some weight paint issues that make them stretch rather awfully on characters with their arms raised:

Hide contents

DD_Rope_WeightpaintBug.thumb.jpg.ea44c1a3cd294b45dc4106b2e03a5fdf.jpg

Given the many nice contraptions in which this is the case, it's a bit of a shame. I suspect the fix is quite simple: just open up the rope meshes in bodyslide studio, and remove the weights of the arm bones from the bits of rope in the armpits. The top parts should probably stay painted, or they'll clip into the shoulders.

Hide contents

DD_Rope_WeightpaintBug_Fix.thumb.jpg.9ab68b69a436da6402111af0011bb720.jpg

I could do this myself, but I'm not sure how many rope meshes would need to be changed, and it'd probably require a few tries to make sure the weight paint isn't messed up. So I figure I'd throw it in here in case someone wants to pick it up. If nobody does I might pick it up later.

That looks like the mess of adding all the ropes together for CBBE SE and 3BA that was done to save space in SE. If so, it should only need to be done once per body since it's all one nif for all the ropes and only uses zaps to get the different types of ropes. That was not done in LE.

I'm not particularly interested in redoing bodyslides at the moment, but I can note it down for when i do another bodyslide patch.

On 3/5/2023 at 1:19 AM, ihatemykite said:

Tested it and looks like there is no issue. Even after deleting the dll. You can try it and let me know if you find some issue. It can be installed as a separate mod. I have also little updated the hider to not create error logs for users who don't use the SoS. Was oversight on my part.

Download

5 days later and the file isnt available anymore. *sigh* Spent the last 45 minutes trying to track down why the download wasn't working - maybe firewall blocking it or AV deleting it. Turns out it is just a broken link and there is no file to be downloaded. Seems to happen a LOT for files posted to loverslab forums.

TL;DR: No file. Link broken. Please remove link.

Edited by Emrek
Removal of link.
5 minutes ago, Emrek said:

5 days later and the file isnt available anymore. *sigh* Spent the last 45 minutes trying to track down why the download wasn't working - maybe firewall blocking it or AV deleting it. Turns out it is just a broken link and there is no file to be downloaded. Seems to happen a LOT for files posted to loverslab forums.

TL;DR: No file. Link broken. Please remove link.

It opened fine in my 7-zip. Maybe clear browser cache or something, or try a different browser for that.

20 hours ago, Kimy said:

흥미로운 장치입니다! 물론 새로운 AA 애니메이션 세트가 필요하겠지만 오랫동안 새 장치를 추가하지 않았기 때문에 애니메이션에 대한 관심과 자원 봉사자가 있고 블렌더 파일을 우리 둘에 맞는 NIF로 변환하는 경우 신체 모델, 병합하겠습니다. 개인적으로는 태그가 없는 버전을 선호합니다.

Great!, I'll clean up the files and upload the blender and obj files.

19 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

It opened fine in my 7-zip. Maybe clear browser cache or something, or try a different browser for that.

I did. That is when I got the message "This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location." I cycled through all available VPN regions and even disabled it. Also disabled firewall and AV (momentarily, don't get any ideas). My account here is not set up to ignore any users and I don't think anyone has ignored me (I'm not popular enough for that). It only happens when someone links a personal file. All "official downloads" work fine so it isnt that the site is somehow blocked.

Only thing left is that the file has been removed. That said, I do see the number of downloads for the file creeping upwards as I refresh the page. I'm not sure where it is getting that information or if it is accurate. Might just be an increment that happens every few minutes based on some unrelated esoteric event.

Anyway, file isn't downloadable and it has only been 5 days. Guess I need to keep up on the forums and download things within the first few hours before they get deleted.

45 minutes ago, Emrek said:

I did. That is when I got the message "This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location." I cycled through all available VPN regions and even disabled it. Also disabled firewall and AV (momentarily, don't get any ideas). My account here is not set up to ignore any users and I don't think anyone has ignored me (I'm not popular enough for that). It only happens when someone links a personal file. All "official downloads" work fine so it isnt that the site is somehow blocked.

Only thing left is that the file has been removed. That said, I do see the number of downloads for the file creeping upwards as I refresh the page. I'm not sure where it is getting that information or if it is accurate. Might just be an increment that happens every few minutes based on some unrelated esoteric event.

Anyway, file isn't downloadable and it has only been 5 days. Guess I need to keep up on the forums and download things within the first few hours before they get deleted.

Can NOT confirm, just tried it a few seconds ago, downloaded without problems. Issue seems to be on your end.

On 3/10/2023 at 4:10 AM, Kimy said:

That's an interesting device! It would require a new set of AA animations of course, but we haven't added a new device in a long while requiring them, so if there is interest and a volunteer for the animations and for converting the Blender files to NIFs fitting our two body models, I'd merge it. Personally, I'd go for a version without the tags, though.

Here are the .blend and .obj files.

Here's what i Done.

1. Create 5 variations 

[1-A Metal,Tagged]

Spoiler

Type.1.thumb.png.ded1d71c46a89cf2838b0aa5446cc772.png

[1-B Metal, No Tagged]

Spoiler

image.png.e5f02f8c31f1cc010fbb353b8b34687f.png

[2-A Wooden Pole]

Spoiler

Type.2.png.bdc7aa1b79169cf95b427448dca993e0.pngType.2.1.thumb.png.74f5152258b88eda9e2f4482710b3c06.png

[2-B Wooden Pole with Metal weight]

Spoiler

Type.2-1.png.574eb29abc39253e17cef954cdaab5ee.png

[2-C Wooden Pole with Chained Rock]

Spoiler

Type.2-2.png.3f4a80f1a531bb85fbc2cad0ec94f8fa.png

2. Resized and positioned them to fit the Skyrim body
3. optimize the mesh (I am not a professional modeler, so there will be limitations).
4. checked for nomal orientation (please comment if there are any issues) 

[ OutfitStudio import Obj file]

image.thumb.png.12b8d2a68f6bdadcec1721f8e5858b13.png

Remaining tasks (for skyrim porting)
1. import obj from OutfitStudio and assign material to it
2. apply weight or appropriate animation 

Unfortunately, I don't know how to make Skyrim animations (technically I know how to make them for Blender, but I was unsuccessful in porting them to Skyrim). 

If you have any problems with the file Please comment to me.

All of these meshes, except for the textures, were created by me in Cube. 
I give permission to use them for any purpose other than Skyrim mods. (You are welcome to use them commercially)

WaistArmHolder. v1.0.blend WaistArmHolder.Type.1.A v1.0.obj WaistArmHolder.Type.1.B.Notag v1.0.obj WaistArmHolder.Type.2.A v1.0.obj WaistArmHolder.Type.2.B v1.0.obj WaistArmHolder.Type.2.C v1.0.obj

Edited by 912s4dd
On 2023/3/11 at PM10点26分, 912s4dd said:

这是 .blend 和 .obj 文件。

这就是我所做的。

1. 创造 5 个变化 

[1-A 金属,标记]

隐藏内容

Type.1.thumb.png.ded1d71c46a89cf2838b0aa5446cc772.png

[1-B 金属,无标记]

隐藏内容

图片.png.e5f02f8c31f1cc010fbb353b8b34687f.png

[2-木杆]

隐藏内容

Type.2.png.bdc7aa1b79169cf95b427448dca993e0.pngType.2.1.thumb.png.74f5152258b88eda9e2f4482710b3c06.png

[2-B 木杆配金属配重]

隐藏内容

Type.2-1.png.574eb29abc39253e17cef954cdaab5ee.png

[2-C 木杆与链式岩石]

隐藏内容

Type.2-2.png.3f4a80f1a531bb85fbc2cad0ec94f8fa.png

2.调整它们的大小和位置以适应Skyrim机身
3.优化网格(我不是专业的建模师,所以会有限制)。
4.检查正常方向(如有任何问题请评论) 

[ OutfitStudio 导入 Obj 文件]

图像.thumb.png.12b8d2a68f6bdadcec1721f8e5858b13.png

剩余任务(用于天际移植)
1. 从 OutfitStudio 导入 obj 并为其分配材质
2. 应用权重或适当的动画 

不幸的是,我不知道如何制作 Skyrim 动画(技术上我知道如何为 Blender 制作它们,但我没有成功将它们移植到 Skyrim)。 

如果您对该文件有任何问题,请给我留言。

所有这些网格,除了纹理,都是我在 Cube 中创建的。 
我允许将它们用于 Skyrim 模组以外的任何目的。(欢迎您将它们用于商业用途)

WaistArmHolder。v1.0.blend 10.86 MB · 2 次下载 WaistArmHolder.Type.1.A v1.0.obj 1.82MB · 2 次下载 WaistArmHolder.Type.1.B.Notag v1.0.obj 1.73 MB · 2 次下载 WaistArmHolder.Type.2.A v1.0.obj 1.02MB · 2 次下载 WaistArmHolder.Type.2.B v1.0.obj 1.26 MB · 2 次下载 WaistArmHolder.Type.2.C v1.0.obj 2.9MB · 2 次下载

Can SE use these devices?

Question on quest devices: I added some quest devices to Devious Lore in my latest update. They have the zad_QuestItem applied to inventory and rendered forms, but I set the deviceKey property to none, since the devices should only be unlocked by scripts and didn't need a key. However, without a key set it turns out players can just remove quest devices anyway? Is this intended behavior?

I encountered an SMP physics issue with the new RestrictiveBootsHarnessSMP.xml file in 5.2. When someone in the area is wearing Iron Chain Harness (Ankles) I will sometimes get a massive frame rate drop. From a solid 60FPS to 0.4FPS. It does not always happen instantly when someone equips these boots. But stick around long enough and the FPS will suddenly tank. Selecting the actor, opening inventory, and removing the item from them, will restore me to 60 FPS.

I am the second person I am aware of with this issue. Both of us are experiencing it on the latest version of FasterSMP. Both of us have fast CPUs and typically experience no FPS drops with SMP clothing. Other DD HDT clothes also work fine. So far it is only the ones that load the above XML which cause issue. One other commonality we both have is that we are running 3BA and have compiled those versions of the BodySlide files.

I believe the following was the "commit" that started causing an issue. @leakim found that reverting that one XML file to the DD 5.2-beta10 RC1 version was sufficient to patch this issue. Leakim did all the hard work isolating this. When I encountered this issue I knew almost instantly what the cause was because I had already read his post.

On 2/12/2023 at 11:09 PM, zarantha said:

Devious Devices SE 5.2

• No separate bodyslide updates, these are newer than the 0.8b.
  • There are updated HDT SMP XMLs. While they are still not perfect, they are much improved I think. If you are on the latest Faster HDT SMP, you should be able to fix some chains by exiting to the main menu and loading your save. Leaving the game entirely doesn't seem necessary anymore.
  • This does include ihatemykite's patch for SOS and the device hider
  • SLIF patch on the troubleshooting post.

Mega:  https://mega.nz/file/3A90hQZS#wqqyGkKrYGPGFfPiluHfSmyTL5RqHJGT0-MtinqXTxU (updated to the official link)

Google:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zp3aBqFvXocou3LmJ714pgkALMVSHQwT/view?usp=sharing

I hope that info helps. I can do more testing as needed.

6 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Question on quest devices: I added some quest devices to Devious Lore in my latest update. They have the zad_QuestItem applied to inventory and rendered forms, but I set the deviceKey property to none, since the devices should only be unlocked by scripts and didn't need a key. However, without a key set it turns out players can just remove quest devices anyway? Is this intended behavior?

Easiest way around this that has been used by a lot of mods is to add a custom device message with a "always false" condition.

For example a custom belt, duplicate the message "zad_DeviceBeltMSG" and add a condition to the unlock option like "isXbox==1".

A quest device not requiring a key is 1 scenario but the idea behind it to tag devices as 'special' so generic removal for example does not work as it can break associated quests. And if I recall correctly it also does something with key breaking but that might have been handed over to a keyword check on said key.

If you use the custom device message approach you can also add a small pointer to the message informing the player why you can't unlock it. Alternative you could make a custom script that references the generic zad device script and triggers a different message/outcome when you click the unlock dialogue menu button. Depending on the level of response you are looking for.