Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

2 hours ago, zarantha said:

And nothing is overwriting DD? The easy removal is because scripts are broken. Installing the old mods DDa, DDi, DDx, DDc, DD for Him, or DD BRRF over DD SE 5.2 will do this, as will installing any old patches for previous versions of DD from anywhere.

I have dd5.2 and dcl9.0 installed and both have slif patches installed.

Other than that, there is no overwriting of scripts.

However, I am using Japanese translation including the scripts. Does this have anything to do with it?

20 minutes ago, NeitoMitoRonn said:

However, I am using Japanese translation including the scripts. Does this have anything to do with it?

That might well be, if someone made a mistake packing it and putting old scripts in the zip file, or missing some.

If you're able to read english, try the original mod and see if the problem persists.

On 6/25/2022 at 7:30 PM, Kimy said:

Sure thing, go ahead! You know that particular part of the framework better than me anyway. As I said above, I never really touched the device hider code after you handed DD over to me. :)

If you need to work on the ESM, just give me a holler first, so I can make sure you're working with the newest/correct version. I don't use GitHub for DD anymore, as its size is waaaaay over GitHub's free limit these days. And for most of the time I was the only one working on the code anyway, so hosting the code online isn't that much a priority anymore. People contributing code typically post code fragments here, or send me a patch archive against the newest beta version. It's low-tech, but it works! :D

I totally forget about this, but I don't think that will be a problem. GitHub is great only for storing code, so the easy solution is to just store there the papyrus scripts sources, and other text files and esps. I think that using GitHub can make it much easier for both contributors, and you. I'm using GitHub for more than a year for developing my mods, and it makes it much easier to manage the merging when multiple people are contributing their work. It works in the following way

• There are no compiled papyrus scripts (.pex) as binary files can't be merged. Instead, everyone has to compile the scripts themselves. But lately I managed to create GitHub action for creating compiling scripts once every time there is merge to main branch, so contributors can just use compiled scripts from there.
  • Esp are like binary files, and so can't be merged as text. The solution was to use esp patches on every pull request. Once the pull request is merged, I only merge the esp and delete the patch from main branch. This is pretty much how it is also currently done in this thread.
  • My mod doesn't have any meshes and only few textures, so I let them on repository as they don't that much space. In case of DD, these would need to be added to .gitignored, so they don't get merged to main branch. Like 99% of size of DD is only meshes, textures, sounds and animations, so removing them will help. They can be edited as they were till now using this thread. Looks like everything else have at most ~5 MB.
  • All pull request can be only merged after at least one review is done. So you would have to first check if it works, so it doesn't break the main branch. You can also make other trustworthy people contributors, so they can also do the review.

In case you change your mind regarding the GitHub, I would be happy to help you revive the GitHub repo, so it can work similarly.

Also, if you want to take a look at the repository in question, here it is https://github.com/IHateMyKite/UnforgivingDevices

9 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

That might well be, if someone made a mistake packing it and putting old scripts in the zip file, or missing some.

If you're able to read english, try the original mod and see if the problem persists.

For me, I have tried to reinstall the original mod, but the problem still appears. However, my game language is traditional Chinese(translation mod), I don't know will it cause the problem or not. This problem doesn't appear in DD5.1 and also don't remember it have appear in DD5.2 early beta versions.

Edited by JACKY22333
11 hours ago, JACKY22333 said:

For me, I have tried to reinstall the original mod, but the problem still appears. However, my game language is traditional Chinese(translation mod), I don't know will it cause the problem or not. This problem doesn't appear in DD5.1 and also don't remember it have appear in DD5.2 early beta versions.

If you also have a translation mod overwriting DD, try without it. It might be for an early version of DD 5.2 beta and not the final release.

9 hours ago, zarantha said:

If you also have a translation mod overwriting DD, try without it. It might be for an early version of DD 5.2 beta and not the final release.

I finally found out the problem. There is a conflict between DD and Skyrim outfit system mod.

Few requests for the upcoming Cursed Loot update.

• Alternate start option where you start wearing a cursed collar.
  • Alternate start option where you start off finding Queen Sasha's set early on (long before getting to the college).  Should take on a different questline that essentially forces you to remain in chastity for a lengthy amount of time.
  • I kind of wish Queen Sasha's set would come with optional plugs.
  • In the Cursed Collar line, I recommend 3 changes/options.
    • Combine Arm/Leg cuffs into one chest.
    • Option to not equip a chastity bra.
    • Option to use Elbowbinder instead of Armbinder (like we currently have with the gags.
    • Panel gag from the Cursed Collar works like a slave gag (with a removable plug).  Uses the same timer as the slave gag is configured to use.
    • Ball gag from the Cursed Collar uses one of the "large ball" options.
  • Oh, and the Cursed Collar quest is currently non-repeatable without console commands.  The dungeon doesn't 'reset' properly, and all the doors are locked when you try to return for the second time.
  • Take over the defunct questline from the bookshelf in the college and convert it into a DCL questline.
  • Incorporate the basics of Devious Regulars (dead mod) into DCL.
  • The current intro DCL questline is quite long, prevents some DCL quests from starting (Cursed Collar) until it is completed, and hinders creation of new games.  A skip option that auto-completes the entire chain would be great.
12 hours ago, ChandraArgentis said:

Few requests for the upcoming Cursed Loot update.

• Take over the defunct questline from the bookshelf in the college and convert it into a DCL questline.

NO!!!!! 

How is that 'defunct'?   Some of us who use DD crafting are probably quite happy to get that from within DD itself, thanks! 

And people do play games without DCL.  We really, really, don't need to have to install DCL on top of DD in every game to just get the crafting options/capabilities

\SMH

3 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

NO!!!!! 

How is that 'defunct'?   Some of us who use DD crafting are probably quite happy to get that from within DD itself, thanks! 

And people do play games without DCL.  We really, really, don't need to have to install DCL on top of DD in every game to just get the crafting options/capabilities

\SMH

I don’t think we’re talking about the same quest line.  This is a DCL hook that ties into something from Captured Dreams, I think?

3 hours ago, ChandraArgentis said:

I don’t think we’re talking about the same quest line.  This is a DCL hook that ties into something from Captured Dreams, I think?

DCL used to be able to drop some CD items, but I removed the integration as CD got taken down by its creator and is no longer available/updated.

6 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

NO!!!!! 

\SMH

For the record, the quest and device crafting are two fairly independent features. I affirmed a few times already that I have no plans to remove device crafting or move it into DCL. :)

The quest is a different story, but even if I implement a similar one in DCL one day, it won't be a 1:1 port, but my own take on it.

13 hours ago, Kimy said:

DCL used to be able to drop some CD items, but I removed the integration as CD got taken down by its creator and is no longer available/updated.

13 hours ago, Kimy said:

For the record, the quest and device crafting are two fairly independent features. I affirmed a few times already that I have no plans to remove device crafting or move it into DCL. :)

The quest is a different story, but even if I implement a similar one in DCL one day, it won't be a 1:1 port, but my own take on it.

Yup, that’s what I want.  More DCL quests.  Repurposing an old hook just seems to make sense to me as a way of starting a new one.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ruhacsomag said:

Ez már rendelkezik a szkripteket is honosítható lehetőséggel?  

Does this version have the option to localize scripts?  

or...

Does this version already have the option to localize the scripts and the entire interface?

DD never had localized scripts. It had MCM localization and (occasionally) ESM localization.

5 hours ago, ruhacsomag said:

Ez már rendelkezik a szkripteket is honosítható lehetőséggel?  

Does this version have the option to localize scripts?  

or...

Does this version already have the option to localize the scripts and the entire interface?

Well, if you know exactly which scripts need to be translated, if you want to translate the modification into another language or something like that, then why not?

But I don't know if these scripts should then be loaded into the "Papyrus Compiler" to change the encoding. In my case, if "you" translate into Russian, then it’s definitely necessary, I’m not sure about other languages.

Edited by S.MayLeR

I would like to throw in a little discussion about Dasha's items. She has been MIA for nearly 8 years now here and on Deviantart. There where no defining permissions about use, neither allowing nor disallowing. Do we consider it abandonware at this stage and bundle it inside DD? They are already in DCL and saw them popup in a recent new mod. Personally it feels like it's time to give it a place in the framework.

1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

I would like to throw in a little discussion about Dasha's items. She has been MIA for nearly 8 years now here and on Deviantart. There where no defining permissions about use, neither allowing nor disallowing. Do we consider it abandonware at this stage and bundle it inside DD? They are already in DCL and saw them popup in a recent new mod. Personally it feels like it's time to give it a place in the framework.

I tend to agree with that. I see no good reason not to put these items into the framework at this point.

3 hours ago, S.MayLeR said:

Well, if you know exactly which scripts need to be translated, if you want to translate the modification into another language or something like that, then why not?

But I don't know if these scripts should then be loaded into the "Papyrus Compiler" to change the encoding. In my case, if "you" translate into Russian, then it’s definitely necessary, I’m not sure about other languages.

I tend to prefer keeping translated resources as separate files as opposed as having to work with them inside the framework. Localized files are quite a PITA to work with in development. If somebody wants to provide translated packages, I can still bundle them with the framework and offer them as an installer option. Which is probably best of both worlds.

21 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I tend to prefer keeping translated resources as separate files as opposed as having to work with them inside the framework. Localized files are quite a PITA to work with in development. If somebody wants to provide translated packages, I can still bundle them with the framework and offer them as an installer option. Which is probably best of both worlds.

If by "package" you mean already translated scripts, which, being the last ones at the installation stage, will replace the original files, then I understood you correctly. But the "official" translation is handled by @stas2503 - he posts it on this site. I just provide an alternative translation, posting it on a Russian-language site.

I've got a question I've long been trying to figure out: how do I get a reference to the specific script running on a devious device? Say the player has an armbinder equipped with a 0% escape chance, and I want to increase the escape chance to 10% if they interact with some object in the world. To do this I need a reference not just to a zadequipscript, but to that specific zadequipscript. What is the best way to get it?

I've tried a couple of ways already: adding the _Inventory device as a zadequipscript property, casting the ObjectReference of a _Inventory device into a zadequipscript, and a few more variations, but unless I am mistaken, none of them seem to work as I think they should: I can get a zadequipscript and change its escape chance, but for the player the chance seems to remain at 0%. There is a function GetWornRenderedDeviceByKeyword in the zadlibs with a comment "; This is a waaaaay faster version of getting the script instance of a given slot.", but it returns an Armor, not a zadequipscript, and I can't cast it to a zadequipscript either. I think on a fundamental level I just don't quite understand how Skyrim handles instances of items in inventories. Would sure be useful to know, though.

9 hours ago, Frayed said:

I've got a question I've long been trying to figure out: how do I get a reference to the specific script running on a devious device? Say the player has an armbinder equipped with a 0% escape chance, and I want to increase the escape chance to 10% if they interact with some object in the world. To do this I need a reference not just to a zadequipscript, but to that specific zadequipscript. What is the best way to get it?

I've tried a couple of ways already: adding the _Inventory device as a zadequipscript property, casting the ObjectReference of a _Inventory device into a zadequipscript, and a few more variations, but unless I am mistaken, none of them seem to work as I think they should: I can get a zadequipscript and change its escape chance, but for the player the chance seems to remain at 0%. There is a function GetWornRenderedDeviceByKeyword in the zadlibs with a comment "; This is a waaaaay faster version of getting the script instance of a given slot.", but it returns an Armor, not a zadequipscript, and I can't cast it to a zadequipscript either. I think on a fundamental level I just don't quite understand how Skyrim handles instances of items in inventories. Would sure be useful to know, though.

There isn't any (reliable) way to get the object script from the player as far as I know. Like objectreference device = (libs.getwornbykeyword(belt)) as objectreference

What you can do as it's probably for your story driven mod is to make a custom version of the device script. referencing the original script. Like for example the zadBeltScript. Then reference to your quest script, using a conditional value. So on your quest mod you can set the value to say 10.0 and the device will instead of looking to the internal script property value look to that value. Or you can use a global but I find those a bit messy personally. I think the most important one is to customize the device script.