Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

2 hours ago, Hylysi said:

DD and DD2 animations are listed in the article, but the changes from 4.2 were for DD2 and DD3. The article is also from May of this year.

Is this not a different thing altogether?

No.

Fore used an old version of DD (4.0) in his tests. So you need to take all updates since 4.0 into consideration.

All the AA sets that are defined in DD and DD2, aswell DD3 are also used in 4.3. There is no superfluous ones.

Besides that, I cannot double check any of Fnis' output on this for version 4.3 since Fore hasn't released Fnis 7.5 yet.

Personally I was thinking, if cutting down on animations or animation sets really becomes neccessary, that some of them could just be removed again - (if nobody decides to make use of them in a content mod) and/or replaced by another method of implementation.

Examples: - remove some of the barely or not at all used pony animation sets 

or - replace breast bondage yoke animation sets with a breast bondage yoke, that functions like the straitjackets do

13 hours ago, Supertin said:

Fore used an old version of DD (4.0) in his tests. So you need to take all updates since 4.0 into consideration.

Just to ease my mind, you're saying this based off personal knowledge and contact with Fore of what went into that article?

The FNIS animation list files that come with DDi have said "Version V4.0.0" since the beta development of DDi 4.0, the version header text hasn't been updated since.

The most recent GitHub version of DDi 4.2 - May 7th 2018

The last time the version header text was updated - Nov 22nd 2017

4 hours ago, Hylysi said:

Just to ease my mind, you're saying this based off personal knowledge and contact with Fore of what went into that article?

The FNIS animation list files that come with DDi have said "Version V4.0.0" since the beta development of DDi 4.0, the version header text hasn't been updated since.

The most recent GitHub version of DDi 4.2 - May 7th 2018

The last time the version header text was updated - Nov 22nd 2017

I dont need to contact fore for that, when the output shown in that article only lists the DD , DD2 and DDSL folders. The DD3 folder was added in 4.1.

So its just simple process of elimination.

That being said I double and triple checked everything after this conversation just to make sure and there is actually one AAset too many in Fnis_DD_List since the petsuit was added for some of the animation groups.

• 2 weeks later...

From all the silence here i assume there is a hidden discussion behind the scenes? None of the issues listed were denied or confirmed.

This is both feature request and question to modders on how to disable device manipulation?

I was successful in editing the texts to "Put it away" or just "" with TES5Edit but it still manipulated the device and put it on. Even the empty string was a choosable option and did the same. You can find these bits in DDI's Message -> zad_armBinderPreEquipMsg, zad_YokePreEquipMsg, zad_DD_OnPutOnDevice

..but i can't see the buttons referring to anything.

On 8/14/2019 at 10:35 AM, Zaflis said:

From all the silence here i assume there is a hidden discussion behind the scenes? None of the issues listed were denied or confirmed.

This is both feature request and question to modders on how to disable device manipulation?

I was successful in editing the texts to "Put it away" or just "" with TES5Edit but it still manipulated the device and put it on. Even the empty string was a choosable option and did the same. You can find these bits in DDI's Message -> zad_armBinderPreEquipMsg, zad_YokePreEquipMsg, zad_DD_OnPutOnDevice

..but i can't see the buttons referring to anything.

Don't worry! I do not comment on each and every bug report, but I read them all, and I will fix what needs fixing!

The PetSuit animation speed is out of sync with everything. It's far too slow for the speed of movement.

This causes the wearer to 'ice skate' around the world, with their movements disconnected from how fast they move.

At first I thought it was a modified movement speed, or lack of DD slow-down to movement, but I tried it in an otherwise unmodded game, with full DD movement speed effects enabled (new game, with DD as the only mod) and saw the same thing as I did elsewhere.

I noticed - and reported - this in the development version, and it hasn't changed. It still looks ... wrong.

I accept there is always going to be a bit of foot-slide in Skyrim, as it's not animation-driven motion, but the pet suit is at a different level of slide to anything else in the game.

I can fix in my own game by editing the speed in the animation file, but this shouldn't be necessary.

On 8/18/2019 at 4:20 AM, Lupine00 said:

I can fix in my own game by editing the speed in the animation file, but this shouldn't be necessary.

Not related to DD, but assuming a .HKX converted to .XML format for the animation file, could you point me to the part that needs changing to change the animation speed? I'd like to slow down a few i have installed but can't figure things out. 

Or do you have another way?

Also, I completely agree with the feeling of sliding around with the petsuit.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, whatto51 said:

having CTD wearin the Iron Prisoner Chain

If you are on Skyrim SE, you need to install a "non-HDT fix". Link may be burried in some post in the DD or DCL topic for SSE, but it should be also listed on the first page of the "SSE Conversion tracking" topic (so check there first, and its a long page, so keep scrolling and reading until you find it).

If you are on old Skyrim, then you probably need to install the HDT SMP Physics or how is that thing called (somebody correct this) - or if you dont want to install that, then again i believe you need a "non-HDT fix", but for Oldrim (you can't just use the one meant for SSE, because the meshes are/should be optimized for SSE and therefore unusable in old Skyrim).

2 hours ago, Roggvir said:

If you are on Skyrim SE, you need to install a "non-HDT fix". Link may be burried in some post in the DD or DCL topic for SSE, but it should be also listed on the first page of the "SSE Conversion tracking" topic (so check there first, and its a long page, so keep scrolling and reading until you find it).

If you are on old Skyrim, then you probably need to install the HDT SMP Physics or how is that thing called (somebody correct this) - or if you dont want to install that, then again i believe you need a "non-HDT fix", but for Oldrim (you can't just use the one meant for SSE, because the meshes are/should be optimized for SSE and therefore unusable in old Skyrim).

Not using SE yet... do you mean HDT Physics Extensions maybe?

5 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

I have an untested pre-alpha....

Normally I would tell you I would be willing to test but I am even just trying to clean up my install and get it stable again. My papyrus logs are a mess....lot of things that say not binding....not correct base, etc. So right now I am testing to see if reinstalling mods works. I am hoping I don't have to completely uninstall all mods and reinstall all over again

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

should be this one: HDT PE

or if you have AIO-P installed it's included already, merged = no esp (at least in AIO 3.3)

Realistic Ragdolls and Force is included already in XPMSE

Nioverride included in RaceMenu

Sorry if it's all known already, just drop it here for inspiration.

thanks, i'll have to take a look at that

• 1 month later...

Dear DD team,

I'm curious about the (upcoming) DDfurniture mod. Is there anywhere a sneak peek teaser what we can admire in the first version? :classic_smile:

Or a compiled list of planned devices?

I can hardly restrain myself from asking for a release date :blush:. But I can.

So I won't ask.

No I don't!

?emmm... When will it  ? Hmpf?  Mmmmngh!  :classic_blush:

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, worik said:

"The internet" is pretty censored empty on that ☝️ behalf ?

One of the few

Reveal hidden contents

L8rWXL5AxtBrG4XfiTomA2A4ibOAKuplOEl9XR2b

not empty - look for example at adultemojis.com - and there are many other sites with BDSM-Style emojis like pinterest. There are even collections to use with whatsapp.