Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Found something of a bug in animation conditions for assigning returning appropriate animations in AnimSwitchKeyword function in zadLibs. The HobbleSkirt checks will look for additional bondage gear to assign appropriate animations, but the default return values are bad in that they return zaz animations which will spread the legs apart when they should be instead using some form of hobbled animation.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Octography said:

Are there any spoiler for dcl 9.0 like what new features and fixed? :)

I do tend to talk about upcoming features on Patreon, but not here. I consider giving a few bits of early information a small thank you for the people who support me and the continued development of my mods.

Small bug report: While creating a custom textured version (pink of course :P ) of the bondage mittens I found out the device message seem to be set to the default glove message. Not the special Mittens message (zad_DeviceBondageMittensMSG), this message seem to be entirely unused in DDi and DDx.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thvedis said:

I miss one feature from older version of DD: armbinders prevent acces to inventory.

Is there a way or a mod that reenable that feature?

This change needed to be made because DD4 now uses the same code for the wrist restraints as regular devices. Access to inventory is required to launch the device dialogue.

In theory, this could be also linked to a hotkey, but it would be a bit less intuitive than the current system, that works the same for every device. Also, realistically, not ALL wrist restraints would prevent you from accessing your bag. Although most of them sure would.

If people generally would want this change, I could look into it.

1 minute ago, Kimy said:

This change needed to be made because DD4 now uses the same code for the wrist restraints as regular devices. Access to inventory is required to launch the device dialogue.

In theory, this could be also linked to a hotkey, but it would be a bit less intuitive than the current system, that works the same for every device. Also, realistically, not ALL wrist restraints would prevent you from accessing your bag. Although most of them sure would.

Thank you for explaining this.

4 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I prefer to have it like it is by default with the basic framework device, but to allow a modder to set that as a property in derived devices.

Perhaps even change it dynamically if a quest story demands it ?

Or is that already possible ?

2 hours ago, thvedis said:

I miss one feature from older version of DD: armbinders prevent acces to inventory.

Is there a way or a mod that reenable that feature?

If i remember right this feature was in DD-Equip; heavy bondage disables inventory. If it wasn't that mod i'm sure i saw it as MCM option in some mod.

17 hours ago, Kimy said:

[...Armbinder inventory access...]

Hi Kimy, I much prefer the current way this is set up for generic/default items. Besides being the cleaner and more elegant way this gets handled "under the hood", it also removes some quite bad gameplay issues which blocked inventory access by its very nature brings with it.

DD has gone to great lengths to make armbinders more gameplay friendly (bound combat being the most critical one). I think that reverting to the original way of blocking inventory access would undo a lot of that effort and turn armbinders back into an item the player simply *must* get rid of immediately or be stuck unable to progress in the game. And that's no fun!

I do like @worik's idea though to make this an optional feature for modders. That would make for some wonderful punishment scenes. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea what is causing this? Is it normal? Does it need to be fixed? 

[08/29/2020 - 04:03:17PM] ERROR: Unable to call Delete - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
    [Item 7 in container  (00000014)].zadHiderScript.Delete() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Item 7 in container  (00000014)].zadHiderScript.OnContainerChanged() - "zadHiderScript.psc" Line 5

I  am trying to track the source of a NetScriptFramwork error I keep getting that is showing a reference to the PC form id as a possible culprit, and that error in the papyrus log is the only reference to that form

Spoiler

Possible relevant objects (1)
{
  [  10]    PlayerCharacter(FormId: 00000014, BaseForm: null)
}

16 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

So this is some "other" Devious Devices Mod?

Scriptname zadHiderScript extends ObjectReference  
zadLibs Property libs Auto

Event OnContainerChanged(ObjectReference akNewContainer, ObjectReference akOldContainer)
    self.Delete()
EndEvent

copied from the LE DDI 4.a archive ?

You don't have that in the SSE archive?

On 8/29/2020 at 11:16 PM, Corsayr said:

Any idea what is causing this? Is it normal? Does it need to be fixed? 

[08/29/2020 - 04:03:17PM] ERROR: Unable to call Delete - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
    [Item 7 in container  (00000014)].zadHiderScript.Delete() - "<native>" Line ?
    [Item 7 in container  (00000014)].zadHiderScript.OnContainerChanged() - "zadHiderScript.psc" Line 5

I  am trying to track the source of a NetScriptFramwork error I keep getting that is showing a reference to the PC form id as a possible culprit, and that error in the papyrus log is the only reference to that form

What i could think of is that you run some script cleaner that removed the script from your savefile. Does it happen with new game and how well in general does DD work for you?

And don't use LE versions of DD with SSE...

40 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

What i could think of is that you run some script cleaner that removed the script from your savefile. Does it happen with new game and how well in general does DD work for you?

And don't use LE versions of DD with SSE...

this is the most annoying part of this error I am getting, everything in game appears to run fine.

I only receive an error message from Netscript after I close out of the game. But 

[  10]    PlayerCharacter(FormId: 00000014, BaseForm: null)

Sounds like something that could mess other stuff up... someplace, and that ZadHiderScript is the only reference to that same form in papyrus. That it also happens to be an error seems like a thing, but papyrus errors are a dime a dozen and lots of times they mean nothing. So I came here to see if that script giving an error means anything. 

20 hours ago, Kimy said:

Not that source code hasn't been a part of the distribution since the first version, or so. ?

So no response? 

I show you that it is IN FACT in the current version of your SE distribution and you just slink off?

The very least you could do is acknowledge it is not supposed to still be in there and let me know it can safely be removed, but you are too busy "rolling your eyes" 

I rolled my eyes because you made a half-aggressive comment about not shipping source code, when it is quite obviously included in DD and always has been. And the reason why I didn't acknowledge your bug report is simply because I couldn't reproduce it YET. I put it on my to-do list, but I likely can't check into it until after the Labor Day weekend. Patience?

For the record, I don't use SE, and I do not develop or test on it. I don't even prepare the DD for SE distribution. Volunteer porters do that. For future reference, when posting bug reports, it would be helpful to include which version you are using. Or posting the bug reports in the correct thread in the first place, which in this case is the DD SE thread, not this one. This one is dedicated to FUTURE versions of DD.