Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

18 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

One last suggestion. To make devices work better on NPCs, I think we need to add some code to the zadEquipScript to swap out the NPC's normal outfit for an empty one, so the vanilla outfit system doesn't override the devices:

//On Device Equipped
	if(npc.WornHasKeyword(zad_DeviousSuit) || npc.WornHasKeyword(zad_DeviousHeavyBondage))
		npc.SetOufit(zad_NakedOutfit, false)
	endIf
//

//On Device Unequipped
	if(!npc.WornHasKeyword(zad_DeviousSuit) && npc.WornHasKeyword(zad_DeviousHeavyBondage))
		npc.SetOutfit(npc.GetLeveledActorBase().GetOutfit(), false)
	endIf
//

It sounds like a good idea, but I can see some potential side-effects with that implementation. For example when a mod changes an actor's outfit, followed by equipping of a device, the unequip routine would reset the outfit to the original one as set in the base object, not the one that was used before the device got equipped. Storing the current outfit would make that code much more complex, though.

I am not sure if this shortcoming would be a huge problem in actual play. I am inclined to merge that code and see what the testers say.

4 minutes ago, Kimy said:

It sounds like a good idea, but I can see some potential side-effects with that implementation. For example when a mod changes an actor's outfit, followed by equipping of a device, the unequip routine would reset the outfit to the original one as set in the base object, not the one that was used before the device got equipped. Storing the current outfit would make that code much more complex, though.

I am not sure if this shortcoming would be a huge problem in actual play. I am inclined to merge that code and see what the testers say.

I think how much of a problem this is may be dependent on the NPC and what mods people are using.  For instance, would this cause followers under a framework that allows for custom outfits to spawn and possibly equip default iron gear, or equip a hunting bow out of nothing on removal of the suit?  Might be an annoyance for mods like Cursed Loot that typically affect followers. 

DDI commit:

- Added: When NPCs get equipped with a suit or wrist restraint, their outfit will get temporarily removed (Please test that!)
- Added: MCM toggle for new bound combat perk system
- Fixed: Open belts will not allow vaginal/anal sex if a hobble skirt is worn

21 minutes ago, Kimy said:

DDI commit:

- Added: When NPCs get equipped with a suit or wrist restraint, their outfit will get temporarily removed (Please test that!)

Any news on getting the new DDx items up on github?

1 hour ago, LazyBoot said:

Any news on getting the new DDx items up on github?

We're probably going to ditch GitHub. There are not too many reasons left to use it. Nobody but myself is still making commits to GitHub (the other members of the team tend to send me their contributions for integration), and a lone developer doesn't need an online repository. Also, a lot of people are reporting issues downloading DDX from there, and on top of that, GitHub delivers using the inefficient zip compression format, resulting in a larger than needed download.

I am currently changing my development environment for DD to a local repository. Future development snapshots will probably be made available as a delta patch against the last official release, so people can still easily apply them using their mod manager, and don't have to download the entire thing every time. Most people probably don't use Git to get changed files, so this part will be an improvement, even.

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

DDI commit:

Since I was goofing around in Skyrim already - did a quick dirty test of this commit.  Note - this was hot-loaded into my main save as I'm not set up to do proper isolated testing, so definitely not ideal.

- equipping catsuits and yokes on NPCs had no ill effects - tried it on a few different NPC.  An EFF controlled follower, a vanilla follower not currently following, and underground bathhouse NPCs using various clothing items still used the proper items after being released, leaving the cell and returning.

- bound combat toggle shows up - I'm assuming the perks might not be in yet.  Didn't notice any visible buffs showing up in the my effects menu, and I almost got a Draugr Wight I spawned to 95% before he managed to knock down my PC.  I was using a catsuit and steel yoke.

Edit: scratch that - I didn't realize the perks had been added already in a prior update.  In that case what I was seeing was just part of the discussions about scaling - my character is level 80ish and I probably wasn't using items that actually offer additional perks, so if the bound combat damage was buffed it wasn't very significant for my PC.

One issue I did notice - I tried to trigger the pet suit animations as I'd never seen them in-game before, and the filter did not seem to trigger them.  Again, possibly an issue with hot-loading the update, but in the past I've been able to preview Billyy's new animations without issue.

Thanks for the report! :)

I will look at the animations. Somebody else was reporting them as not-working, I so I guess I messed something up there.

And yes, just a catsuit wouldn't make THAT much of a difference for bound combat. The result sounds as expected and as intended.

7 hours ago, Kimy said:

Store the formid as an Int into a factionrank for a faction of  npcs that have had their outfits changed, then you can restore the altered outfit when needed.

1 hour ago, WaxenFigure said:

Store the formid as an Int into a factionrank for a faction of  npcs that have had their outfits changed, then you can restore the altered outfit when needed.

I'm fairly sure factions have a maximum rank of 125, so that likely won't work.

Hello,

since development for the new version has started, it got me thinking, what could be improved. First let me say thank you to all the modders of this mod who put countless hours into this.

The main problem for me, I think, is that most devices really effect your gameplay at all. I know this is difficult because it's just a game. But some of the following options might help with this. Those are just ideas, take them or leave them :)
I understand that not all players will like them. But then again maybe they do. That's why I'm writing this post.

As a warning, I don't know if everything mentioned here can be implemented. I don't know what the Skyrim API allows since i can not get papyrus to work ...
I also don't have skyrim on this computer right now so i don't know if some of these features already exist (maybe in another mod).

- Getting out of devices

- Getting out of devices should give the player skill levels in dexterity/lockpicking. I mean, what better practice can you get? :P (some could change the "train me in lockpicking" event where the player has to get out of several devices and improves his skills by doing so. :D But that would propably be another mod)

- as far as i know this feature is not implemented. Maybe I need to break out of more devices.

- Eating / Drinking animation

- for those of us who play with a need mod (eat / drink / sleep) the animation for eating and drinking is still the old one. The PC just lacks hands when in an armbinder.

- I would be really cool (and realistic) if there was an animation where the pc drops the food on the ground and then eats from the ground when the PC has an armbinder / mittens / yoke. It would the realistic and humiliating...

- Collars

- most collars right now do nothing. They are just visuals. But wearing a posture collar should be quite restrictive. What I would image is a system that pulls the crosshair to a certain position. When the player moves the mouse downward (or upward) the PC would look on the ground shortly before getting pulled back to it's original position. Alternatively there could be a hotkey the player has to smash in order for the PC to look to the ground. When the player stops smashing the button the crosshair will be pulled back up. The Crosshair should propably still be freely movable to the sides because you still need to change directions.

- i don't believe this will be possible because it would mess with the core-game-mechanics to much. But maybe it is possible and someone knows how to to it.

- Earplugs/headphones

- First let me say that it's very likely boring if you just do not hear anything. It would be similar to a blindfold making the screen just black. So here are some other ideas that could be used standalone or together.

- Make the earplugs more like headphones. The headphones could play from audio diffrent audio files. The player has to listen to the audio files till the headphones are removed. The audio files could tell the PC what a whore she is or some slave rules, etc. If someone does not like the comments they could just overwrite the files with music files? The biggest problem here would propably be finding such files...but there is propably something on the internet somehwere... And I don't know what file-formats are supported.

- make it so you cannot hear bandits talking to themselfs (don't know, never liked that feature)

- no battle music (like this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4548/). this would remove a huge advantage from the player while the earplugs are equipped.

- something similar to the gag dialog or the device comments from DCL. This time the player could speak freely (if there is no gag :D) and the comments of the npc would be like "mhm Mmmh". The npc could have options like "do you want me to remove your devices?", "do you need some gold", "can I have some of your gold", "do you want sex". It would ofcoourse not be displayed to the player what the npc says. The Player then has the dialog options yes (nod), no (shake head) and maybe others. Depending on the player-choise the event would be triggered. There could also be a "can you repeat that" option and with some luck the player can actually read what the npc said or the outcome could be worse than normal ...

- sneaking panalty. When you don't hear the noises you make it can be difficult to sneak up on someone.

- Blindfold:

- well i don't like the blindfold effect that much. Instead of the blurr effect I would rather like an effect where you can see everything in a 2 meter radius around the PC clearly and the rest of world is dark. Basically everything the PC could reach with his hands and "feel" is visible the rest is darkness. It's basically like in this screenshot (https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/11356-2-1330723039.jpg) but with a smaller radius and without the torch. Think of it like a horror-game feeling.

- Adding Random Sound and equipment. When the player is too long blindfolded the PC could start hearing/seeing things. For sound some of the following examples could be playing randomly: battle music playing, bandit comments, combat sound, the sound when you kick a cooking-pot, etc. For visuals there could be gear spawning around the player. When the player picks it up it may be the real deal or just an illusion or a devious device... Just image the sound of a key dropping nearby in the darkness. The player scrambles to get the key and when picking it up it was just an illusion. :D

- hardcore blindfold mode: Wearing a blindfold restricts quite a lot. So the question is: "how can we reflect this in a game?". The only way I can think of is by overwriting the controls. I don't know if this is even possible. I think not, but maybe :D. The idea is to overwrite directions of the mouse and/or keyboard. So left is right and up is down. If you wanna really go hardcore you can do something like left is down, down is up, up is right, right is left. This would make it theoretically possible to still do anything, but practically you would be as helpless as a blindfold would make you. In open spaces navigation would be easy. But in close quaters and dungeons? There could also be the variation of only inverting the mouse and not the keyboard-bindings. But again, this would be really hardcore.

- yokes / armbinder / mittens

- the player should not be able to use the forge, the alchemie thing, etc. It just makes no sense that someone is able to do that when bound like this :D

- Adding a mini-game when opening chests and maybe doors. It would be really hard to open a chest or container while your hands are in an armbinder. So a mini-game to open the chest (kinda like the lock-picking one) would be great. This way the player needs some skill to open a chest and it would propably take more time to get to the loot. This would make stealing/sneaking also a lot harder because if you need a minute to open a chest a guard or bandit might show up.

- Example Mini-Game: You could display a bar (healthbar, SLSO-Bars). The bar has a red color, starts at 0 and fills to 100. When the bar is between 50 and 55 the bar turns green. During this window the player has to react (pressing a hotkey?). If the player reacts in time the chest opens. If not the player can start the loot process again. This opportunity-window could also be at random positions. The difficulty can be easily adjustet through the window the player has to react. So one could make it very easy for those who don't wanna struggle. If the player fails there could also be a cursed loot event (if installed). Anyway this is just an example of what might be possible.

- boots

- boots slow you down (yes you can disable that), but other than that they don't to much, if anything. Here I would also propose a mini-game. Basically when the player starts walking a bar will appear. That bar will fill to the left or to the right, siimulating the balance the PC has to maintain. When the bar fills to the left the player has to press a hotkey to move it to the right. The same for the opposite direction. Depending on how fast the bar shifts this could create an engaging experience for the player. If the bar moves to much to one side the player will fall down, potentially taking damage. The Mini-Game could vary in difficulty depending on how fast the bar fills. Furhtermore the difficulty could increase of the player wears leg-cuffs etc.

Well those are some of my ideas so far. The other ones would depend on a new need-system, which would definitely be beyond the scope of this mod. Again, I cannot and do not want to force anyone into integrating these ideas into this mod. I also don't know if the above mentioned ideas belong in this mod and in what direction the creators wanna go with this mod.

I hope my explanations where understandable. None of these changes would completely break the game completely i think. The player would be always be able to do everything else he did. It would just be a lot harder. But now the player would need to play actively with the devices. So there would be active gameplay and not some stat-weights that change. Anyway, if you need more details on some of these ideas please let me know.

35 minutes ago, Atalanta said:

- Blindfold:

- well i don't like the blindfold effect that much. Instead of the blurr effect I would rather like an effect where you can see everything in a 2 meter radius around the PC clearly and the rest of world is dark. Basically everything the PC could reach with his hands and "feel" is visible the rest is darkness. It's basically like in this screenshot (https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/11356-2-1330723039.jpg) but with a smaller radius and without the torch. Think of it like a horror-game feeling.

Have you tried the "Dark Fog" mode?

@Atalanta: Thank you for your suggestions! :)

Disabling crafting while bound will probably happen. The idea of increasing your skills when lockpicking devices is good, too! Expect that to go in! It makes sense!

Blindfolds: There is no ideal way to implement this that's also realistic. Realistically, a blindfold leaves you unable to see, period. Now, while that's super-easy to implement, it also makes the game completely unplayable. So DD is providing a few ways to convey the feeling of being blind without making you blind.

Mini-games: These get suggested a lot, but tbh, they are very, very unlikely to happen. Mini-games in RPGs are actually a pet peeve of mine, because most of the them introduce a (boring) button-masher activity in a game that's not about MY skill, but my character's.

I would be all game for making navigating the gameworld more realistic while wearing certain types of wrist restraints (opening a door while being locked in a yoke IS difficult!), but if I am going to implement it, it probably won't be a mini-game. Let me think about it! :)

Eating/Drinking: That would depend how the needs mod is handling the animations. Overriding them with "bound" eating/drinking animations would be possible if the needs mods fires the vanilla ones, but if they use custom animations, I'd be out of luck. I use RNG, but have never really touched any other needs mod people use.

Earplugs...hmmm, that's a type of device we don't even have yet....interesting thought...

HI,

the whole framework is a wonderful mod to make skyrim more interesting and more unpredictible. Now to a few things I recognized and sorry I think that will get a little longer ....

I think you should check that there is for all devices a way to get rid of them. I had a few times that the game got unplayable because an applied item blocked fighting or blocked a mod and removing the item was not possible. The item I crossed was for example a "normal" red carbonite catsuit where the smiths don't gave a dialog for removing, every key I got  was not right key even when I cheated me every key available with the console. Repairing did not work, cutting and other options to escape did not work and a removeitem via console did not work - sorry it did work - a millisecond and then the PC got equipped again in the item with a second one in the inventory. A second time the same action gave you a third. And no - bondagelover not active that the PC the part would not let go. A test with other equipped DD items worked. Because of that all I could not get rid of the part, the milk maid mod could not work and the character did not came out of orgasms and did not react to any key ..... frustrating . Even the removeitems and quit quests option in the MCM did not work. Uninstalling was the only thing I did not try. Tried everything after a new load of a savegame to be save they did have a "clean" situation and not a situation where a try from before destroys the chances for freedom. Same happened with blindfolds, gags, yokes and armbinder - not the orgasm  part, but the fighting and questing. The only way  was a savegame and hope another way helps not to get outfitted with the item or in the worst a new beginning.  It happend even with other items but not in an obstructive way. For example a piercing you could not get rid off is irritating in a fight but does not stop everything in the way of fighting like an armbinder and shackles.

In the game I get sometimes an error with 2 devices of the same kind could not be used together when I open a cursed "storage" . Don't know if it is intentional, but it happens even when a NPC puts parts on the the PC. Let them (the AI) look a little dumb. In this situation is even an additional logical error  - don't know where in the framework that got handled, if it is even your part, but the problem is you got a dialog with a NPC to help you out of an item. Said "No, got not key, could not destroy etc." Seconds later - " I Like to see you in another outfit" and removes the item and changes the item or put something on the PC that should not work.. For example - straight jacket - can't remove the jacket because got no key, could not destroy because it is to strong etc. and seconds later the PC got outfitted with an chastity bra and breast piercings. When you try it as the PC comes the message "No, you could not because you are wearing something that makes it impossible" and that is correct, but NPC does not know that.

The next thing I recognized is that whatever DD Quest shows up it is not in the normal questlist , you can't even check via console every time with player.sqs #questid if the quest has correct started or if the next step has started or if the quest is broken. Sometime the questid shown with help gives a 'does not exist' or some other error back. Maybe my way to try it is the wrong way - I open the console, type for example help "Bondage" and get a list, look for the part that got QUE: in front and the name I think could the quest have and write the ID down. Then I start player.sqs with the ID and for some quests I got the list with queststages and for other I got an errormessage. My opinion is that normally every item in the list with QUE: in front must have a stageslist 'cause it's a quest and if the quest is not started I have a list with x stages where every stage got the value 0. If a stage is completed it got the value 1. Setting that value for a stage is a common workaround for buggy quests. If it got no stageslist it is for skyrim broken - maybe not for the mod when it reinvented the wheel and uses it's own list but that could be a cause for problems.

One thing at the end - I would think it would be a nice thing if some items could be user-adjusted in the difficulties. There are items that needs 5 keys to open and some of them are attached to quests. Or you could get put away in a set where every item needs more that one key to open. For these High Security Items a modifier would be nice where you define the max No of keys needed from two special keys up to a max value of keys or another way could be to attach it to the difficulty you define in the MCM-menu where it goes between vanilla and slave and kinky is default. Maybe one normal key/item in vanilla up to five special keys in slave and different stages in between. And kinky maybe 5 normal keys.

HOT greetings at 33°C out of NRW/germany

Seanthiar

17 hours ago, Kimy said:

Eating/Drinking: That would depend how the needs mod is handling the animations. Overriding them with "bound" eating/drinking animations would be possible if the needs mods fires the vanilla ones, but if they use custom animations, I'd be out of luck. I use RNG, but have never really touched any other needs mod people use.

Doing away with the gagged food/drink mechanic would remove a lot of quest breaking oddities.

SD+ has to jump through a few hoops here I think...

If only there were a way to make the inventory items of food, drink, potions, etc, inert, so you can't click them...

Of course there are ways, but none of them are exactly convenient.

I don't know why I mention this, probably everyone else loves how it works now.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Doing away with the gagged food/drink mechanic would remove a lot of quest breaking oddities.

If only there were a way to make the inventory items of food, drink, potions, etc, inert, so you can't click them...

I am assuming you are talking about the odd no food in your inventory mechanic when wearing orally blocking gags. I made myself a patch to get rid of it because I found it lame that I couldn't even touch the food & potions while wearing a ballgag. I mean what?! I guess one could script it so all food and drink from vanilla Skyrim are rendered useless when you use them while gagged and add patches to extend it to needs mods. All this is a whole lot of work and there are likely other issues with mods that change foods.

Well Skyrim is a fantasy game where you can eat 10000 sweetrolls in the middle of battle to allow you to survive another hit from a magic casting cat person so I doubt people will question the logic. I don't know who gets off on hunger play but humans are strange creatures.

My suggestion is to leave a patch for need mod enthusiasts which prevent foods from affecting satiation while gagged.

2 hours ago, Darkpig said:

I don't know who gets off on hunger play but humans are strange creatures.

The amount of interest in this sort of feature suggests it has its followers.

It follows the rule of "my kinks are perfectly reasonable, but yours are strange."

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Interfering with (regular Skyrim) gameplay is not only unavoidable for any type of bondage content, it's pretty much its point. People often seem to hold it against DD that they can no longer continue with whatever Dragonborn activity they were on once they get locked in some restraints. I don't quite get that. Because that's the idea! Bondage content makes you pause whatever you were doing and forces you to focus on your restraints for a while.

A gag would be bad at what it's doing if you could just continue to gulp down potions and food while wearing it. I know that needs mods don't really account for the player being temporarily unable to eat, which makes being gagged more dangerous than intended, but I can't possibly design DD around literally every other mod out there. Several DD content mods actually provide features to mitigate that effect. Which is e.g. why both POP and DCL's prison are providing food while jailed, or DCL has a "help me eat" feature that can (magically!) keep the player nourished while gagged.

Other than that, the feature works as intended, though. I am not aware of the "fridge feature" breaking Skyrim vanilla quests either. At least nobody reported any such problem to me, that I could remember.

On 6/2/2019 at 11:14 AM, Kimy said:

Mini-games: These get suggested a lot, but tbh, they are very, very unlikely to happen. Mini-games in RPGs are actually a pet peeve of mine, because most of the them introduce a (boring) button-masher activity in a game that's not about MY skill, but my character's.

I think they're suggested often because most don't people (including me) don't want their game mechanics reduced to a dice role, and want to do something rather than reading dozens of message boxes. Also, nearly all game mechanics in Skyrim requires some skill on the player's part. No matter how good your character is at magic, archery, or melee, you still need to know how to aim. The only vanilla game mechanic that requires no skill on the player's part is the pickpocketing mechanic, which is literally a dice roll every time you try to steal something, and because of that, pickpocketing is literally my least favorite activity in Skyrim, such that I have never done a pickpocket focused play through. So, we just want to reduce the number of straight dice-rolls, and feel like we're actually playing the game, instead of feeling like we're sitting in a casino.

1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

I think they're suggested often because most don't people (including me) don't want their game mechanics reduced to a dice role, and want to do something rather than reading dozens of message boxes. Also, nearly all game mechanics in Skyrim requires some skill on the player's part. No matter how good your character is at magic, archery, or melee, you still need to know how to aim. The only vanilla game mechanic that requires no skill on the player's part is the pickpocketing mechanic, which is literally a dice roll every time you try to steal something, and because of that, pickpocketing is literally my least favorite activity in Skyrim, such that I have never done a pickpocket focused play through. So, we just want to reduce the number of straight dice-rolls, and feel like we're actually playing the game, instead of feeling like we're sitting in a casino.

And yet dice rolls are the cornerstone of each and every RPG I ever played. Just look at D&D and how it is literally played by rolling dice all day long. There is not a single system in it NOT depending on it. The reason is simple: Because these systems have the one purpose to remove -player skill- from the game and simulate -character skill- (these dice rolls including their respective modifiers represent how good or bad your character is at a given skill).

I guess some players resent that system because they grew up with video games being almost universally about player skill. The idea is to be "good" at the game and to "beat" it for the achievement and bragging rights. While in a (true) RPG it doesn't matter how good the player is. At all. RPGs are about telling a story and developing your character by making decisions for them. But as soon as you made the decision, the character executes it using his or her skill, not yours. Skyrim cleverly hides that circumstance, despite it's really not much different. Yes, you're aiming your bow or weapon (which isn't terribly hard to do, and I dare assuming that's by design), but the RNG still calculates how much damage you did, and that's largely dependend on your character and gear stats. It creates an illusion of player skill actually mattering, but outsides of these mini-games, it matters very little, tbh.

Some computer RPGs, particularly MMOs, paid tribute to video gaming culture by introducing more or less strong elements of player skill. But the more of these developers sneak in, the more they leave the basic idea of an RPG behind and create just another twitch game. E.g. raiding in MMOs has next to nothing in common with a RPG. That form of gameplay is video gaming culture at its finest, to appeal to gamers craving something to "beat" with their mouse clicking skills. It has nothing to do with ROLE-playing, at least not any more than Half Life does, and nobody would argue that HL is a RPG.

I still think Skyrim is largely a proper RPG, so I will try to avoid player skill mattering wherever I can.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The amount of interest in this sort of feature suggests it has its followers.

It follows the rule of "my kinks are perfectly reasonable, but yours are strange."

I find all kinks strange and that is ok (by societal standards. I reserve my right to be an uncaring possibly evil pig on the internet.)

but I guess by your logic, yes I do consider it one of the stranger kinks. I wont even go into the topic of immersion because Skyrim's design philosophy is "it just works" lol. People don't really expect a whole lot from a framework anyway for an out of place system so I thought I would offer an alternative. (But again I exercise my right to be an uncaring possibly evil pig on the interwebs.)

19 hours ago, Darkpig said:

My suggestion is to leave a patch for need mod enthusiasts which prevent foods from affecting satiation while gagged.

I don't think you need a patch - I think it would be easy to check in dd if a need for food mod is active and disable by default when it is active all normal gags and allow only ring gags  or others with an opening that allow feeding and give the Player the chance to click an option to enable normal gags with the warning that to enable them could have consequences in the need mod and could lead to PC death.

Another option could be a emergency remove of the gag if health is to low because of food but I think nearly impossible to implement because you have little chance to see if health is low because of damage or food.

A logical addition I think that is a bit harder to implement is not to remove the food/potions out of the inventory and only disable the use of the items if a normal gag or hood is used. 

Seanthiar

1 hour ago, seanthiar said:

I don't think you need a patch - I think it would be easy to check in dd if a need for food mod is active and disable by default when it is active all normal gags and allow only ring gags  or others with an opening that allow feeding and give the Player the chance to click an option to enable normal gags with the warning that to enable them could have consequences in the need mod and could lead to PC death.

Funny enough that option used to be in the MCM. It was removed due to the mod author's crippling fear of food. They died of starvation and the option was never added back.

JK. The mod was changed to give power to modders or some such lunch meat. Go ask Kimy. They'll tell you. I mean the one here in Loverslab not the one in North Korea. Crisis averted.

Not understandable - It is the easiest way to fulfill both partys needs - the party for RL-simulation and the party for fantasy where starving does not exist. If one wanted to get a real RL-simulation they must have added the hands, too. Without hands some things are not fit to consume  without help like a bottle you could not open .

Frightened of food - like it could eat you  notwithstanding slaughterfish or flesheating plants :) - if the solution exists it should be reimplemented.