On 9/10/2021 at 8:41 AM, Guffel said:

Yes, I already looked into how to make SE conversions. I've some yet unreleased mods that I want to convert anyways^^

I'll wait for maybe a week to see if someone finds more bugs (I've already some in my mind) and then there will be an official SE release.

Is this still planned? I'm using an older conversion, which worked fine-ish, but an Official Launch from the author himself would be wonderful

On 9/12/2021 at 6:42 PM, sudeliukas said:

Does anyone had cheating encounter? and with which NPC I'll try replicate :D Hard to proc, cause every other encouter procs..

Not happend for me yet, i'm getting approached by old ladies though :D

Btw the letters (Love,Sleazy,Asking for help etc.) implemented or it's just there for no further purpose? Found them with Additemmenu mod.

@Guffel

Sorry to tell you this, the hold detection is bugged. In Ivarstead, only the low rep approaches are possible because the mod thinks rep is -1 (default value), because it doesn't know the hold.

You have:

string function getCurrentHold(actor myNPC)

string currentHold = "unknown"

if myNPC.getworldSpace() == WindhelmWorld || myNPC.IsInLocation(WindhelmLocation)
		currentHold = "eastmarch"
	elseIf myNPC.IsInLocation(FalkreathLocation)
		currentHold = "falkreath"
	elseIf myNPC.getworldSpace() == SolitudeWorld || myNPC.IsInLocation(SolitudeLocation)
		currentHold = "haarfingar"
	elseIf myNPC.IsInLocation(MorthalLocation)
		currentHold = "hjaalmarch"
	elseIf myNPC.IsInLocation(DawnstarLocation)
		currentHold = "pale"
	elseIf myNPC.getworldSpace() == MarkarthWorld || myNPC.IsInLocation(MarkarthLocation)
		currentHold = "reach"
	elseIf myNPC.getworldSpace() == RiftenWorld || myNPC.IsInLocation(RiftenLocation)
		currentHold = "rift"
	elseIf myNPC.getworldSpace() == WhiterunWorld || myNPC.IsInLocation(WhiterunLocation) || myNPC.IsInLocation(RiverwoodLocation)
		currentHold = "whiterun"
	elseIf myNPC.IsInLocation(WinterholdLocation)
		currentHold = "winterhold"
	endIf

return currentHold

endfunction

I think instead of "RiftenLocation" you should be checking for "RiftHoldLocation". Also I think "WindhelmLocation" should be "EastmarchHoldLocation", "FalkreathLocation" should be "FalkreathHoldLocation", "SolitudeLocation" should be "HaafingarHoldLocation", etc. This way you automatically catch all the little villages (don't need to check Whiterun and Riverwood separately for example).

Sorry to report bugs I know you are sick of working on it. If you want, I can patch the hold detection and post the fix here.

13 hours ago, DayTri said:

@Guffel

Sorry to tell you this, the hold detection is bugged. In Ivarstead, only the low rep approaches are possible because the mod thinks rep is -1 (default value), because it doesn't know the hold.

You have:

string function getCurrentHold(actor myNPC)

string currentHold = "unknown"

if myNPC.getworldSpace() == WindhelmWorld || myNPC.IsInLocation(WindhelmLocation)
		currentHold = "eastmarch"
	elseIf myNPC.IsInLocation(FalkreathLocation)
		currentHold = "falkreath"
	elseIf myNPC.getworldSpace() == SolitudeWorld || myNPC.IsInLocation(SolitudeLocation)
		currentHold = "haarfingar"
	elseIf myNPC.IsInLocation(MorthalLocation)
		currentHold = "hjaalmarch"
	elseIf myNPC.IsInLocation(DawnstarLocation)
		currentHold = "pale"
	elseIf myNPC.getworldSpace() == MarkarthWorld || myNPC.IsInLocation(MarkarthLocation)
		currentHold = "reach"
	elseIf myNPC.getworldSpace() == RiftenWorld || myNPC.IsInLocation(RiftenLocation)
		currentHold = "rift"
	elseIf myNPC.getworldSpace() == WhiterunWorld || myNPC.IsInLocation(WhiterunLocation) || myNPC.IsInLocation(RiverwoodLocation)
		currentHold = "whiterun"
	elseIf myNPC.IsInLocation(WinterholdLocation)
		currentHold = "winterhold"
	endIf

return currentHold

endfunction

I think instead of "RiftenLocation" you should be checking for "RiftHoldLocation". Also I think "WindhelmLocation" should be "EastmarchHoldLocation", "FalkreathLocation" should be "FalkreathHoldLocation", "SolitudeLocation" should be "HaafingarHoldLocation", etc. This way you automatically catch all the little villages (don't need to check Whiterun and Riverwood separately for example).

Sorry to report bugs I know you are sick of working on it. If you want, I can patch the hold detection and post the fix here.

Don't apologize,
I want to get bug reports! Now I've put so much time in this,
I also want it to run properly.

I'm just exhausted by the testing process.
Weeks of getting in the game, creating situations to get a certain scene to trigger, see if it works, fix it and try again.

This is just so tedious and frustratingly time consuming.

Fixing bugs is comparably quick and easy.

I just don't want to expand RDS further and go though another testing process, because it has grown so complex.

But I'll look into the location function.

16 hours ago, bdmt said:

Btw the letters (Love,Sleazy,Asking for help etc.) implemented or it's just there for no further purpose? Found them with Additemmenu mod.

The letters are part of relationships. When you have a partner they randomly go on travels and send you letters while away. It's a minor feature for some flavor.

17 hours ago, LostDremoraDream said:

Is this still planned? I'm using an older conversion, which worked fine-ish, but an Official Launch from the author himself would be wonderful

Yes, it's still planned. I posted this four days ago. Usually I don't change plans that quickly.

7 hours ago, Guffel said:

Yes, it's still planned. I posted this four days ago. Usually I don't change plans that quickly.

Oooof didn't pay attention to the timing, sorry about that. I'm excited to see this implemented. The alternative conversion worked very well for me, but anything official and current is much appreciated. Thanks for the reply and sharing your hard work! ?

Edited by LostDremoraDream

I've got a bug to report, so most of the mod works great but I'm having an issue where NPCs that I have not even talked to before are approaching and accusing me of cheating on them even though again we are not dating nor have we ever seven spoken through RDS. For more context when I got these approaches I was dating someone and moved them into breezehome with me but I had not cheated on them or started dating anyone else.

3 hours ago, TheDragonBorn said:

wanted to do a bug report. i was doing the dawnguard questline and all rds dialogue and approaches stopped working. the only option i have in terms of dialogue is asking my partner to move in

This has happened to me in non-DLC locations, waiting a bit or reloading seems to fix it (at least for me)

2 hours ago, MasterWolf2169 said:

I've got a bug to report, so most of the mod works great but I'm having an issue where NPCs that I have not even talked to before are approaching and accusing me of cheating on them even though again we are not dating nor have we ever seven spoken through RDS. For more context when I got these approaches I was dating someone and moved them into breezehome with me but I had not cheated on them or started dating anyone else.

Where were you when this happened? Sounds a bit like the bug I had with someone telling me I had low rep when I had high rep, in my case it was caused by the mod not knowing what hold I was in

Hey is anyone else having the issue with random npcs saying "Hey i heard you cheated on me".  These are a variety of npcs doing this most of wich i ad never even spoken to. None of witch I had entered a relationship with. They will say that and it will say you broke up with them. Then on they will randomly say the same thing again later if I pass by them. Is this a specific trait causing this? Only other issue is FWB doesnt always stick as in the dialogue of "Hey up for some fun"  isnt available after/ on the next conversation. Everything else seems to work and the mod is enjoyable.

29 minutes ago, skyrim482 said:

Hey is anyone else having the issue with random npcs saying "Hey i heard you cheated on me".  These are a variety of npcs doing this most of wich i ad never even spoken to. None of witch I had entered a relationship with. They will say that and it will say you broke up with them. Then on they will randomly say the same thing again later if I pass by them. Is this a specific trait causing this? Only other issue is FWB doesnt always stick as in the dialogue of "Hey up for some fun"  isnt available after/ on the next conversation. Everything else seems to work and the mod is enjoyable.

Are you used a previous version of this mod and updated to the current one or started a fresh running?

I had similar problems when updated the mod from 2.4 to 2.5 and i had the same problems as you. Every female npc accused me for cheating on them, some asked how many women i defiled even though i didn't had low rep.

I did a clean save and everything works fine.

2 hours ago, zajo2009 said:

ok now we need found someone who do voices in this program xVASynth, that will be fck awesome ?

If some wants to do this, I won't complain. xD

But you made me curious,
what approach mods were you using before?

11 hours ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

Is it an intended *feature* that lovers/partners can send kidnappers after you? (I mean from an ooc viewpoint its kinda funny, but IC seems... odd) lol

Lol, not really^^ But there's no check against it, not that you mention it.

Any NPC with a moral of 0 or 1 can be a kidnapper, when the player rep it over 50. But there's no check against partner or something xD

I'll limit it to "strangers" and "acquaintances" and make a mcm slider for the rep with a default of 90. This scene is supposed to be quite rarely actually.

2 hours ago, TheDragonBorn said:

ok i just lost all my rds dialogue options again....any workaround to make them appear again? really hoping i dont have to uninstall, make a clean save, and reinstall the mod again

For me that happens when I change cells while somebody wants to approach my character. As the game engine processes npc in unloaded cells only every 30 seconds (or more, not sure) it takes some time to prcocess the npc that it cannot fulfill the approach and abort it. So it always take real-time minutes for me until the dialogue shows up again. I know time feels passing very slowly when you want to use the dialogue ?. I don't know how this can be fixed, maybe by checking for such NPC after a cell change? Nevermind, try to wait 15 real-time minutes and if it does not return it might be something different.