What is\Where is - Searches and Requests thread.

Eyo

Got a basic (maybe noob) modding question here. If i were to extract a mods BSA and have it in it's respective folder in the "data" folder, would it's mod/esp still recognize and use it? Or would i have to somehow rebuild the BSA? I'm doing what @s.kirmish did to his NPC's above to some of my custom followers...his nifty little "marketing scheme". Would Nifskope be able to edit stuff in a BSA or does it need to be extracted. I'm doing this with SSE mods and stuff if it helps.

Thanks for (hopefully) Helping :)

As Always, Have a Nice Day :) 

1 hour ago, WildSong34 said:

If i were to extract a mods BSA and have it in it's respective folder in the "data" folder, would it's mod/esp still recognize and use it?

Yes. Loose files will always override same-path-same-name files in a BSA and should work every bit as well as the BSA-packed files did. The plugin doesn't "care" whether the files are loose or BSA-packed.

Eyo

@Gulfwulf - i'm speaking about SSE BSA's and i already knew about the whole LE/SSE BSA no-no. I'm just adjusting meshes and some were in a BSA file is all :) 

Thanks for the answer @Vyxenne, so i can either keep the BSA or unpack it and totally get rid of it? Sweet.

Are you guys familiar with flagging mods as ESL? I know how and have done it a fair bit lately but i've had an idea. Since so many people (myself included) are usually unwilling to test the waters in regards to working with SSEEdit and Ck and all that, i was thinking that i might make a mod page simply with esp's of mods that i've flagged as ESL. I will gather permissions but i have a question.

If i just flag a .esp as ESL, upload it (Just .esp, nothing else), list it's original version as a requirement (for textures, meshes and all that jazz). Should it work? 

More specifically, if i grab a mod, never install it, flag its .esp as ESL, install the mod then replace it's .esl with the one i flagged as ESL, will everything work properly? With the whole renumbering FormID's and stuff?

Sorry if it's confusing. I can try to explain it better...hopefully. ? 

On 9/11/2019 at 6:48 AM, s.kirmish said:

<snip>

Back in Skyrim, there was this amazing king under the skimp-mods: ("You call that Skimpy - UNP") https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11951

<snip>

Sadly, the author already wrote long ago he wasn't going to update, and I can't find similar pieces for SE so far. Killer Keos for example might be sexy, but they are not really slutty. There are some sprinkled mods with individual skimpification, and at least one similar thing that replaces some armors of the "Immersive Armors" mod with super skimpy variants, but nothing en grosse for vanilla stuff.

<snippetty-snip>

Do some of you perhaps know where similar things can be found?

Have you looked at Tiwa44's Spice Gear vanilla armor replacer for SSE? Very skimpy, and slutty too, without being quite as over-the-top bare-ass naked as YCTS.

If you don't care for Spice Gear, then Is there a reason you don't just convert the Oldrim YCTS mod to SSE and be done with it? I have read that a utility called Cathedral-something-something makes it even easier to do than the tools I use (Bethesda Archive Extractor, Nif Optimizer, BodySlide/Outfit Studio, NifSkope, HavokBehaviorPostProcess, Champollion, Creation Kit, etc.). The mod you linked does not appear to contain any Headparts, scripts or animations - just equippable items - which means you should be able to convert the whole thing in under 5 minutes plus however long it takes the CK to load the plugin in your installation- it can take up to 5 days for the CK to load a small, simple plugin, depending on your hardware, and you have to sit there the whole time, mindlessly clicking "Yes to All" 5,287 times on obscure, inscrutable vanilla-game-file errors that apparently mean absolutely nothing of any importance... :classic_biggrin:.

If i just flag a .esp as ESL, upload it (Just .esp, nothing else), list it's original version as a requirement (for textures, meshes and all that jazz). Should it work? 

More specifically, if i grab a mod, never install it, flag its .esp as ESL, install the mod then replace it's .esl with the one i flagged as ESL, will everything work properly? With the whole renumbering FormID's and stuff?

The only difficulties with ESL flagging are leveled lists and Master status AFAIK. As long as the plugin is an esp (not an esm) and does not act as a Master for any other plugin, and the mod items are not set up to appear on corpses/chests as loot nor in vendors' inventories for sale ("leveled lists"), you should be fine esl-flagging an esp or esl-converting the plugin of a mod that contains only equippable items like armor/clothing.

That said, I am not the world-renowned Herr Doktor Heinrich Esl that you have read about, so please, get a second opinion. There are tons of articles/blogs/posts/YouBoob Tuts  available on esl flagging as well as esl conversion of plugins. Try rattling @R246's cage, for example... every time I mention esl anywhere he takes me to school and makes me STFU about it. :classic_tongue:

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

Have you looked at Tiwa44's Spice Gear vanilla armor replacer for SSE? Very skimpy, and slutty too, without being quite as over-the-top bare-ass naked as YCTS.

If you don't care for Spice Gear, then Is there a reason you don't just convert the Oldrim YCTS mod to SSE and be done with it? I have read that a utility called Cathedral-something-something makes it even easier to do than the tools I use (Bethesda Archive Extractor, Nif Optimizer, BodySlide/Outfit Studio, NifSkope, HavokBehaviorPostProcess, Champollion, Creation Kit, etc.). The mod you linked does not appear to contain any Headparts, scripts or animations - just equippable items - which means you should be able to convert the whole thing in under 5 minutes plus however long it takes the CK to load the plugin in your installation- it can take up to 5 days for the CK to load a small, simple plugin, depending on your hardware, and you have to sit there the whole time, mindlessly clicking "Yes to All" 5,287 times on obscure, inscrutable vanilla-game-file errors that apparently mean absolutely nothing of any importance... :classic_biggrin:.

That about this Cathedral program is great information, thank you. I still miss the Fur-Armors, which were done much better in YCTS, so I might go convert them if this works.

Yeah, Spice Gear wouldn't be enough, because it is pepper hot where I seek the chilly hot.? Well, actually, the real reason is that I want costumes during sex, so that not everyone is naked all the time when it happens, because that too gets somewhat boring eventually. For costumes to work however, they need, uhm, access-points, or else it will just amount to awkward dry humping.

That is all. If there was a mod that would just enable to take of pants or something, it would work too, but Skyrim decided to give armors only as full-suit package, so that is not going to happen. Ergo, my Skyrim now suffers from the panty-wool eating moth plague. Consequences, Todd Howard, consequences..

2 hours ago, s.kirmish said:

the real reason is that I want costumes during sex

I feel ya- I do too. I went at it a different way- I set up a SkyUI "Equipment Group" (Hotkeyed with F8) containing an SMP wig, SMP earrings, SMP amulet, polished nails, bracelets, black garter belt, black stockings and strappy heels showing my polished toenails. Then I turned off player stripping in SexLab and Flower Girls. When it's time for sex, I just hit F8 and I'm good to go. Here's my outfit in action:

Spoiler

20190830011846_1.jpg.20513c452cf5d206a04e55a7b3017fe2.jpg

After it's over (wah!) I hit my hotkey for any of ~60 stored outfits (via AH Hotkeys) and make my merry way to my next encounter.

8 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Cathedral Assets Optimizer. :D It can unpack bsa files and will SEify (yes that's a word now) LE meshes, textures, and animations. You'll still need to use those other tools for fine-tuning and changing any plugins to the form 44 SE uses though I've yet to run across an LE plugin that didn't work out-of-the box.

P.S.A.

for all CK users still clicking yes 40 billion times to load an esp...

open up/or create CreationKitCustom.ini and add

[Messages]
bBlockMessageBoxes=1

at the bottom. Now save it.

now, go get a coffee or do whatever gets you through the insanity of modding

Bethesda games while the CK churns through all the errors auto-magic=ly.

1 hour ago, Gulfwulf said:

You'll still need to use those other tools for fine-tuning and changing any plugins to the form 44 SE uses though I've yet to run across an LE plugin that didn't work out-of-the box.

Someone with the reputation of Arthmoor (genius-level expert) wrote that although most LE plugins would work in SE without obvious issues at first, they could cause problems that manifested themselves down the road- and by the time the problem surfaced, there was no way to trace its cause back to the un-updated plugin that had caused it.

I really don't know enough about it to even discuss it intelligently, but when ppl like Arthmoor, Expired, Ousnius (etc.) say something about Skyrim modding, I accept it without much critical thought. So I update all of the Oldrim plugins I encounter to Form Type 44 without questioning the odds of it mattering.

30 minutes ago, murf said:

P.S.A.

for all CK users still clicking yes 40 billion times to load an esp...

open up/or create CreationKitCustom.ini and add

[Messages]
bBlockMessageBoxes=1

at the bottom. Now save it.

Just added this, will be trying it later tonight- if it works, it will fix the most annoying thing about using the CK and the biggest reason I always use xEdit instead whenever possible. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Just added this, will be trying it later tonight- if it works, it will fix the most annoying thing about using the CK and the biggest reason I always use xEdit instead whenever possible. Thanks!

you're welcome and it works. when everything loads there will still  be an error box with all of the errors listed. click clear and close it. done.

2 hours ago, murf said:

Yeah, really...found this tip awhile back. It works and works well.

Now if I could only find a way of embiggening the data dialog box...

image.png.b87b9de5c3c6e2800fe5e7b8db8dc165.png

I could actually be nearly 90% happy with the Skyrim SE CK.

Sadly...from everything I've read and searched out, this box is set to this size, and you can't change it. Which makes me sad.

17 hours ago, hana120 said:

Is it possible to have an animation with npc who have the head cut?

Eyo

*Imagines NPC with no head in a SL animation*

*Giggles*

Um, i don't see any reason why it shouldn't. Are you using defeat or something because that has an option for...dead people. Or is the NPC decapitated but still alive? HAHAHA!! I actually had that happen once. I did a killcam to a bandit but somehow didn't kill them, they kept fighting with no head...

*Excessive Laughter*

Hahahaaaa.....priceless.

Have a Nice Day :)

I hope to ask  cloth manager mod for NPC

I want to see  cloth manager for NPC which force  NPC default out-fit package as  empty first,,,then we can easy tweak their cloth as I like

but  when I release them they return their default out-fit set,   

that means,, when I activate NPC by cloth manaer,, , it  need to save or record their current  out-fit,, as json etc.. then remove all items from out-fit.

when I release them from mod function,, (with dialogue etc),, it need to auto return their deafult out-fit set (or need to change it) from recorded data.

Though i know,, if json record all NPC outfit  data which you talking,  and when release serch it from json,, it easy make too heavy data,, so  if it have limit,, as 12 etc 

then recent NPC data may overwarite first one, , it may not cause heavy issue. 

and if there is no NPC out-fit data, about the NPC which you released,  it will offer option to choose some out-fit set , so they just keep it as there out-fit.

(even though I delete the mod).   then relase NPC from manager. 

I know  some mods which change out-fit package,, but most of them never return their out-fit sets without re-load them.

or some mods need user manually make out-fit sets and choose it,, but there is no record to keep each NPC default out-fit set.. 

So Mod which  merge 2 things, (1. auto remove out-fit set, then record data,, 2. auto add out-fis set from NPC data,,(which recorded as json (and user can export )

when we release them.  seems really usefu. 

Or what out-fit manager you are using to manage NPC (which may becom your follower temprally ,, or manage with mod temporally, but you often release them) 

without many problem?    

*Imagines NPC with no head in a SL animation*

*Giggles*

I did a killcam to a bandit but somehow didn't kill them, they kept fighting with no head...

*Excessive Laughter*

Hahahaaaa.....priceless.

I installed a mod that modified the "Blood on the Ice" quest after I had visited Windhelm for the first time and "discovered" the body of poor Susanna The Wicked. I did a bit more of the quest and left town before installing the mod that was designed to save Arivanya.

Upon returning to Windhelm, I found Arivanya "alive and unwell," running around with 4 or 5 mortal wounds and no heart.

20190819233358_1.jpg.6c3463259c6110d2e93ac544008ffd94.jpg

Eyo 

31 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I installed a mod that modified the "Blood on the Ice" quest after I had visited Windhelm for the first time and "discovered" the body of poor Susanna The Wicked. I did a bit more of the quest and left town before installing the mod that was designed to save Arivanya.

Upon returning to Windhelm, I found Arivanya "alive and unwell," running around with 4 or 5 mortal wounds and no heart.

20190819233358_1.jpg.6c3463259c6110d2e93ac544008ffd94.jpg

Eyo 

Oh.....wow.

"Mildly" Gruesome.

Maybe take her down to the local hagraven, and have her "fixed". :P 

If you don't mind me asking, what are the mods that add the last 4 dialogue options in the screenshot? I know the top 2 are from flowergirls but i've never seen the last 4.

15 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Someone with the reputation of Arthmoor (genius-level expert) wrote that although most LE plugins would work in SE without obvious issues at first, they could cause problems that manifested themselves down the road- and by the time the problem surfaced, there was no way to trace its cause back to the un-updated plugin that had caused it.

I really don't know enough about it to even discuss it intelligently, but when ppl like Arthmoor, Expired, Ousnius (etc.) say something about Skyrim modding, I accept it without much critical thought. So I update all of the Oldrim plugins I encounter to Form Type 44 without questioning the odds of it mattering.

The problem is some mods break like twigs when saved in form 44. Not sure why.

what are the mods that add the last 4 dialogue options in the screenshot? I know the top 2 are from flowergirls but i've never seen the last 4.

#1 = Thieves Guild for Good Guys, #2 & 3 = TDF Prostitution and Pimping SE and #4 = Simple NPC Outfit Manager. I also installed Dark Brotherhood for Good Guys (ROFLMAO) but have not yet made my first trip to their hidey-hole to find out how I can be a ruthless contract Hit Girl and a "Good Guy" at the same time...

...because I'm stuck on the Thieves Guild Good Guy quest at "find information about the Thieves Guild doing good." :classic_angry: