19 hours ago, scipher99 said:

You need to lower all of the X, Y, Z axis and lateral movement values in the .xml the jittering is from values being too high so you get constant movement. 

these values are more realistic and will eliminate the jitter just copy and paste the values in the right spot with notepad++

UUNP-HDT.xml

Thank you, Scipher, got the file, copied the values using Notepad++ as always for xml's.

Even better- I copied the sections near the bottom dealing with the 2 pussy bones into my xml, which didn't have any mention of those bones before, and voilà! Suddenly I have collisions and my KS Ponytail no longer sinks into my back!!!

Thanks again for your help!

@Vyxenne

When it comes down to it we ARE shooting in the dark, at least to some extant. The main problem is we don't know WHY what works for one of us doesn't work for someone else, is it because you and I are using different bodies? If so, why is that making one work and the other not? What happens if we change something? Ect, ect, ect... The best way I can think of for us to answer and understand these questions is to try and get SMP working for more people and then to compare and contrast the results, but that is going to entail frustration and hair pulling. In the spirit of helping to resolve these questions I'll be adding my xmls for body, wig, earrings, and tail to this post. I'm still setting up the newest version of SMP so I haven't tested this set up on skse64 2.0.7 yet but on the previous version they all worked alone and together, full physics and collisions.

As for the <penetration> vs <prenetration> thing I can't give you a sure answer, what I can do is tell you that the explanation I gave you earlier was given to me by Prz who has written several guides on SMP and Hydrogensayshdt who wrote the mod. If you check the xmls that came with Hydrogensayshdt's SMP system you'll notice that they all use <prenetration>. Also while changing the <prenetration> to <penetration> fixed my wig I needed to use the <prenetration> tag to get my tail working. So we should be using both tags, ... probably... *shrug*

@wiredadex

As far as I know there is no clear cut "resolve A and it'll work" answer, as an example the xmls from the cbbe nexus page just flat worked for me so they should work for you. Since they don't, the first thing I would do is double check your xmls and nifs, you can use outfit studio to do this, just make sure the bones and shapes are named correctly in both places. If that is all correct then I would adjust the <margin> on your body and hand shapes, and if that doesn't work try switching your <penetration> and <prenetration> tags; or using both tags if need be.

CBBE.xml

HDTHair.xml

PiercedEarsCross h.xml

PiercedEarsCross Left h.xml

SuccubusTail.xml

6 hours ago, jshef0 said:

Since the new update I have a few problems.

Everything was working until the update. Now all SMP hair wigs and SMP capes are not working (remain static). However normal armours and the body is working with full physics. 

Has anyone found a fix?

p.s. no errors in the log.

I still haven't updated to the latest version of SSE ,so I haven't seen how the capes work with it. Is anyone else having issues with them? 

56 minutes ago, DarkFireTim said:

@Vyxenne

When it comes down to it we ARE shooting in the dark, at least to some extant. The main problem is we don't know WHY what works for one of us doesn't work for someone else, is it because you and I are using different bodies? If so, why is that making one work and the other not? What happens if we change something? Ect, ect, ect... The best way I can think of for us to answer and understand these questions is to try and get SMP working for more people and then to compare and contrast the results, but that is going to entail frustration and hair pulling. In the spirit of helping to resolve these questions I'll be adding my xmls for body, wig, earrings, and tail to this post. I'm still setting up the newest version of SMP so I haven't tested this set up on skse64 2.0.7 yet but on the previous version they all worked alone and together, full physics and collisions.

As for the <penetration> vs <prenetration> thing I can't give you a sure answer, what I can do is tell you that the explanation I gave you earlier was given to me by Prz who has written several guides on SMP and Hydrogensayshdt who wrote the mod. If you check the xmls that came with Hydrogensayshdt's SMP system you'll notice that they all use <prenetration>. Also while changing the <prenetration> to <penetration> fixed my wig I needed to use the <prenetration> tag to get my tail working. So we should be using both tags, ... probably... *shrug*

@wiredadex

As far as I know there is no clear cut "resolve A and it'll work" answer, as an example the xmls from the cbbe nexus page just flat worked for me so they should work for you. Since they don't, the first thing I would do is double check your xmls and nifs, you can use outfit studio to do this, just make sure the bones and shapes are named correctly in both places. If that is all correct then I would adjust the <margin> on your body and hand shapes, and if that doesn't work try switching your <penetration> and <prenetration> tags; or using both tags if need be.

CBBE.xml

HDTHair.xml

PiercedEarsCross h.xml

SuccubusTail.xml

"per-vertex-shape" and "per-triangle-shape" don't necessarily support the same parameters.

At very least, per-vertex-shape doesn't support prenetration/penetration parameter, hence warnings in HDT log file

37 minutes ago, DoubleTrouble999 said:

"per-vertex-shape" and "per-triangle-shape" don't necessarily support the same parameters.

At very least, per-vertex-shape doesn't support prenetration/penetration parameter, hence warnings in HDT log file

Very good to know, thank you.

I've got the new version of SMP installed and all supporting bits and pieces upgraded, body physics and hand collisions work no problem. All my wigs, earrings, and tails however are broken. They're all static, no physics or collisions. I didn't see anything in the change log or the thread responses that would give me a clue where to look for the problem. I'm gonna back up my xmls and recklessly change things to see if I can get a response. In the meantime anyone have any ideas?

52 minutes ago, DoubleTrouble999 said:

Correct, and if you know what's good for you, you will stay far away from per-triangle-shape except for on static collisions, like you're body.  You want to play at 1 fps, use per-triangle-shape on all collision objects lol.

I had an interesting thought while at work today...

I found out that the reason that I was getting collisions on things I wasn't declaring was because it was declared on another xml for a wig that I just so happen to be using 100% of the time at this point...

So my thought was..........

I use a lot of capes, and they're long, they drag on the floor.... I also wear a lot of high heels, so the cape drags a foot above the floor.... So I thought, I should be able to technically get rid of all collision shapes for the normal body at least, and like, put them on every foot object that I have.  That way I could move the virtualground object down to match the heel and not have capes drag on thin air... Then I can just declare the body as normal and all that and it should work without having to add it to the nif.  I was also thinking this might actually help performance, because now instead of the cpu basically calculating say, 10 of the same body object (if I'm wearing 10 HDT-SMP objects), now it only has to draw one, and all of the objects collide from it and they aren't fighting each other (if that's even happening).

Yes I will have a lot of work to add to every foot object in my game, but it can be done at a very quick rate and probably save me time in the long run.  Then all I would add to my other shapes is maybe the other parts of a set so things collide as intended but won't be 100% necessary.

This post was probably really confusing, sorry lol

8 minutes ago, DarkFireTim said:

Very good to know, thank you.

I've got the new version of SMP installed and all supporting bits and pieces upgraded, body physics and hand collisions work no problem. All my wigs, earrings, and tails however are broken. They're all static, no physics or collisions. I didn't see anything in the change log or the thread responses that would give me a clue where to look for the problem. I'm gonna back up my xmls and recklessly change things to see if I can get a response. In the meantime anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like SMP was updated for the new version of SKSE and Skyrim.  I missed that, too busy to mess with that yet though.  Hopefully it gets ironed out for everyone soon who has updated.

19 minutes ago, Huniken said:

I want to try HDT-SMP for a change....I'm just clueless on where to start, any pointers for me is pretty much highly appreciated =)

I would either downgrade to the previous version of SSE and SKSE64 then read through this thread, start with post #625 on page 22, or I would wait for a bit as were still working the kinks out of the new version of SMP.

46 minutes ago, DarkFireTim said:

I would either downgrade to the previous version of SSE and SKSE64 then read through this thread, start with post #625 on page 22, or I would wait for a bit as were still working the kinks out of the new version of SMP.

By the way, there is a link to skse64_1_5_39.7z on HDT framework download page.

It contains a build of skse64_1_5_39.dll, that is different than from official SKSE64 release.

Had anyone tried to use it?

Been testing the new updated physics files. I got the body physics to work just fine. Necklaces, wigs and clothes physics do not work at all. I did notice the skse file that was a replacement and noticed..absolutely no changes. I guess Hydrogen sama will need to find what is broken and fix it.  For all i know the xml files in the folders where the clothes mesh folders somehow can't detect the skse folder or vice versa? Kinda frustrating to be honest.  

6 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

When it comes down to it we ARE shooting in the dark, at least to some extant. The main problem is we don't know WHY what works for one of us doesn't work for someone else, is it because you and I are using different bodies? If so, why is that making one work and the other not? What happens if we change something? Ect, ect, ect... The best way I can think of for us to answer and understand these questions is to try and get SMP working for more people and then to compare and contrast the results, but that is going to entail frustration and hair pulling. In the spirit of helping to resolve these questions I'll be adding my xmls for body, wig, earrings, and tail to this post.

@DarkFireTim Thanks to you, R246 and Scipher99, I have now exceeded my own expectations- I have full body physics and collisions including schlong to labia! Plus a long flowing wig and dangly earrings to die for, and some hdt amulets which I stopped using because they're essentially the basic vanilla amulets with some jewels- I plan to study them to see if I can convert some of the more ornate Immersive Jewelry Volkihar Heart necklaces.

I don't know if it will help anyone, but since the xml's various ppl shared helped me a lot, here are my active xml's. I'm on game version 1.5.23 and SKSE64 2.0.6.

Thanks again to all for the help!

defaultBBPs.xml

UUNP.xml

earringstrawberry.xml

HDTHair.xml

8 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

@wiredadex

CBBE.xml

HDTHair.xml

PiercedEarsCross h.xml

SuccubusTail.xml

Hey, thanks for the files. I was hesitant on going through the penetration/prenetation settings on my own....so I tried your CBBE.xml on a whim. I then tried comparing them in Notepad++...

...and the main difference that seemed to be a binary "Now it works and before it didn't" was the original CBBE.xml file in the smp config files had a <margin>0.0</margin> in it. I suppose this means that it was previously just allowing clipping, instead of immediately triggering collision processing when two objects were infinitesimally close - which was my original interpretation of "padding". Anyway...

Breasts now collides with hands. Thanks very much for your assistance! Now to fiddle with the settings. 

3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

@DarkFireTim Thanks to you, R246 and Scipher99, I have now exceeded my own expectations- I have full body physics and collisions including schlong to labia! Plus a long flowing wig and dangly earrings to die for, and some hdt amulets which I stopped using because they're essentially the basic vanilla amulets with some jewels- I plan to study them to see if I can convert some of the more ornate Immersive Jewelry Volkihar Heart necklaces.

I don't know if it will help anyone, but since the xml's various ppl shared helped me a lot, here are my active xml's. I'm on game version 1.5.23 and SKSE64 2.0.6.

Thanks again to all for the help!

defaultBBPs.xml

UUNP.xml

earringstrawberry.xml

HDTHair.xml

I'm glad those .xml files worked for you. These were the ones I wrote to get all collisions working as well as hair not sinking into the body. I'm just really happy it solved your problems.

On 4/15/2018 at 12:55 PM, Trykz said:

Did all that, but turns out it's a false alarm anyhoo. Forgot to update SexLab :tongue:

Trykz

Just a note from my English-Major OCD: Thank you so much for writing "anyhoo!" Most of the time when I see it they have spelled it "anywho" which falsely implies that it's a cognate of "who" which, of course, it's not- it's a frivolous variant of "anyhow" and should never be written "anywho."

18 hours ago, scipher99 said:

I'm glad those .xml files worked for you. These were the ones I wrote to get all collisions working as well as hair not sinking into the body. I'm just really happy it solved your problems.

I just can't thank you enough- your UUNP-HDT.xml file was a real "aha!" moment for me!

On 4/13/2018 at 9:48 PM, DarkFireTim said:

It could be that the hair pack is less SSE ready than advertised and I accidentally converted it in the mad rush of wig conversions I did that night, then forgot about it. If that's the problem you should be able to run the meshes through nif optimizer and update the .esp with the CK to fix it. If that doesn't fix it though I'd give up on it for now, since it works for me and I really have no idea why it doesn't work for you guys, and find an Oldrim SMP wig pack to convert, same steps I just mentioned.

@DarkFireTim

As the tribal hunter said, "I have Good Gnus!" *ducks as Tim throws random shizz at me*

I converted the SMP Hair Project meshes with Ousnius's stupendous NifOptimizer, then resaved the esp with the CK and double checked the header with SSEEdit to make sure the Form Type is 44. Then I loaded up the game and consoled-in the"BlueTwinTail" style (xx0012cf). However, I never got to try it on- I got an instant CTD as soon as I highlighted it in my inventory. I rechecked the NifOpt log and no issues were found with the meshes, so I scanned the textures with NifOptimizer because the latest version of NifOpt also scans textures! I got this in the NifOpt log:

SMPHairProjectTextureFails.thumb.png.1d88167ef63e49d70a556ae6ba97894c.png

It's pretty funny- the ONLY style I tried is the ONLY style with errors. Pretty much the story of my life. :smiley:

I have had Texture-fail CTDs before, which is how I found out to my surprise that a texture can crash the game- especially uncompressed ones. All 4 of the "bad" textures are Normals. I know how to open a texture in GIMP or Photoshop and resave it as DXTwhatever/BCjoeMama, but only with diffuse maps. So questions because I know you are using this mod with no issues:

1. Have you used this particular style? Did it equip and display properly for you?
  2. Do you know how I can open and resave a Normal map (to change the compression format) and have it "remember" that it's a Normal in the process?

Thanks!

@Vyxenne

Huh. *runs nifoptomizers texture scan* Yeah got that warning to... odd I never had any problems with it, but I'm not really a fan of twin tails so I didn't spend much time with it. I have a cracked copy of photoshop for when I absolutely have to edit textures, but I'm only horrendous at 3d modeling and texture work so if I can avoid doing it I generally will.

1 hour ago, DarkFireTim said:

@Vyxenne

Huh. *runs nifoptomizers texture scan* Yeah got that warning to... odd I never had any problems with it, but I'm not really a fan of twin tails so I didn't spend much time with it. I have a cracked copy of photoshop for when I absolutely have to edit textures, but I'm only horrendous at 3d modeling and texture work so if I can avoid doing it I generally will.

Well, I solved the problem- I opened all 4 Normals in GIMP2, then 'Export As' the same file name with DXT5 compression, and no more crashy-burny when selecting or equipping that style. Which is hideous. Lol. I tried all of the styles and kept the 3 or 4 I liked and sold the rest. Within the constraints of severe culture clash on several of them, they all look fine in-game and most of them move realistically.

I'm not normally a fan of twin tails either, but I did find one that goes so well with one of my outfits that I had to Favorite it and add it to that outfit- see what you think:

Hi there... would you like to buy some, uh, Girl Scout Cookies?

5Ex8LPS.jpg

Hee hee! I love it when a plan comes together, don't you?

Q4mhz1x.jpg

:smiley:

5 hours ago, ddavin said:

Hey Vyxenne. What do you have installed to make it all work? And did you run bodyslide to make a custom body in the process?

Firstly, most people who have it working (including me) seem to all be on Game Version 1.5.23 and SKSE64 version 2.0.6, so if you updated to the latest paid mods feature-packed update, what I'm about to tell you won't work well for you. Your choices are either to revert your game and SKSE64 or read all the posts of the people trying to get the latest stuff to work and cry with them :classic_confused:

• hdtSSEFramework_1-5-23.7z and hdtSSEPhysics_1-5-23.7z Warning- one of those files stealth-overwrites your HDT-HH System Translation file with a Chinese version, ruining your HDT High Heels MCM. The fix is to grab your Oldrim HDT-HH translation file or just grab the one I just put at the bottom of this post :classic_rolleyes:
  • DefaultBBPs.xml and UUNP.xml from Post 662 on this thread if you use UUNP bodies. Not sure what you need if you want to use CBBE, but ask and ye shall receive
  • A physics-enabled body- either UUNP-HDT (or Special) or CBBE-Physics (or Special). No need to build a new one if yours is already physics-capable
  • Physics-enabled outfits and/or armor. Any BBP stuff should work including Oldrim conversions
  • Physics-enabled hair- the first one I got working :classic_wub: is HDT SMP KS Pony Hair
  • Dangly-Bangly earrings from Post 395 of this thread
  • Learn how to customize your bounce and enjoy!

If at first you don't succeed, give up just ask- my experience has been that this is a very helpful bunch in this thread.

hdtHighHeel_english.txt

if there's HDT hair not working for you make sure the file paths on the xmls in the nifs have proper cases (in that hair pack posted a few pages back the first one I checked had them wrong), fixing that made it work for me

or just add the xmls to the defaultBBPs with the right base name