3 hours ago, Changer said:

that was exacly the way i fixed my mesh. maybe i should have elaborated more... it just seemed that people didnt realy care at that time, so i didnt :x

I think people tend to lurk here, hoping for new developments. At least that's what I typically do. I'm really only vocal about it when I have something useful to add. I'll try and participate more. :smiley:

3 hours ago, KM100z said:

sorry to jump in at the end, as I've JUST decided to start to add mods to SE -.- I know!

got the body set up so far cbbe, is there a bouncy boobs add on yet like in oldrim or is it still to early?

The only turnkey body-physics solution for SSE so far is CBP Physics, which provides PC and NPC breast, butt and belly pseudo-physics (for UUNP) and breast and butt only for CBBE because it lacks the Belly bone. CBP does not provide collisions or any "outfit" physics such as hair, earrings, capes, dresses, etc.

Hydrogensayshdt has released her High Heels System (on her inscrutable :smiley: Chinese language website 9damao.com) and it works as well as the Oldrim version did in Oldrim, but NIOverride is included in Racemenu64 now and is arguably easier to use and does just as good if not a better job of providing high heels height offsets.

As a quick reading of the topic title and a few of the posts here would reveal :classic_biggrin: , Hydrogensayshdt has released her new HDT-SMP physics framework (with collisions if you can make that work) but it's based on Skinned Mesh Physics and so the old HDT outfits and hair meshes won't work without tedious mesh-by-mesh conversion, plus (from reading this thread I gather) HDT-SMP itself requires considerable expertise and work to get it working. Also, Hydro has been updating HDT-SMP every couple of weeks or so, so it's still very much a WIP.

53 minutes ago, Contessa said:

These plugins wouldn't be broken by the new Skyrim SE version and the newly released SKSE would they? I only asked because Racemenu and SexLab are currently.

Don't allow Steam to update Skyrim SE, until all SKSE64 plugins you rely on are updated as well.

1 minute ago, DoubleTrouble999 said:

All plugins that have SKSE dependent dlls will be broken

Fantastic.

1 minute ago, R246 said:

Don't allow Steam to update Skyrim SE, until all SKSE64 plugins you rely on are updated as well.

Yeah it's a tricky road for me as Steam doesn't always like to listen and sometimes decides to do its own thing. >.>

Thanks for the responses you two. 

On 3/24/2018 at 7:25 AM, Zaknea said:

Alan,

As a long user of PE, the only advice I can really give you is you just have to go for it.  Get the framework, then SMP, then grab some xml's for your body.  Ous has released a set for CBBE.  There's not a ton out for SMP like there is for PE on any mainstream places like the Nexus, but there's a lot of SMP conversions on Chinese sites, they can just be hell to find since I'm assuming you can't read Chinese, I can't...lol.

Once you get it and get used to it, it's not really hard at all.  I used to use JFF instead of directly editing my XMLs to customize my bounce with PE.  Just open your xml, do some extreme adjustments to see what does what, then revert back and tweak it to your liking.  But if you read the forum a bunch, you'll find there isn't one end all be all for setting up SMP because it calculates differently depending on hardware.  But I can say it is working, and working well for me.  Zero CTD's in 3 hours playtime.  With 5 SMP items equipped on my character and on my follower.  It's great seeing everything coming back to life in Skyrim, so my advice, like I said, is just go for it.  The more people that get on board with it, the more content that will get released for it.

@Zaknea You've convinced me lol! Which guide did you use? I have downloaded the frame work and SMP from the Chinese site already (thank heavens for google translate!) and I'm pretty competent with modding Skyrim in general too but couldn't seem to find out how to actually install it (the chinese site did have a tutorial I was able to find but sadly the picture images were in Cantonese/Mandarin - if I'm correct I simply re-install my skeleton (XPMSE) and pick HDT SMP options, install frame work + SMP and then build the body UUNP special body in Bodyslide and afterwards edit/change XMLs for the body/hands/feet meshes?

Also side question is anyone else expecting an update to HDT SMP since Skyrim SSE was updated?

8 hours ago, LLFan12345 said:

@Zaknea You've convinced me lol! Which guide did you use? I have downloaded the frame work and SMP from the Chinese site already (thank heavens for google translate!) and I'm pretty competent with modding Skyrim in general too but couldn't seem to find out how to actually install it (the chinese site did have a tutorial I was able to find but sadly the picture images were in Cantonese/Mandarin - if I'm correct I simply re-install my skeleton (XPMSE) and pick HDT SMP options, install frame work + SMP and then build the body UUNP special body in Bodyslide and afterwards edit/change XMLs for the body/hands/feet meshes?

Also side question is anyone else expecting an update to HDT SMP since Skyrim SSE was updated?

Use this - https://www.loverslab.com/topic/68070-tutorial-how-to-make-hdt-meshes-work-with-hdt-smp/

All credit to PrZ, without this I never would have gotten over the hump to make my own HDT meshes.  

To install, just install the framework first, then SMP.  Pretty simple, but you might need a couple other things... Maybe PapyrusUtil?  I can't 100% remember.  If you use CBBE, use ous's SMP config from the Nexus.  If you boot up and you don't crash, that's step 1.  Next step is to see if you have any bounce.  If you do, then you can edit the xml to your tastes.  Should be no need to reinstall your skeleton as long as you already have the HDT skeleton installed (assuming you were using CBP, I was.)

It took me maybe a week of trial and error but there's nothing I can't do without time with clothing now.  SMP is great.  PE xmls would be gigantic, you can do the same thing with SMP with 1-2 pages on an xml typically.  Easy peazy.

I reverted back to 1.5.23 till an update.  I don't think SKSE was even updated yet, at least since the last time I checked...

13 hours ago, Contessa said:

Yeah it's a tricky road for me as Steam doesn't always like to listen and sometimes decides to do its own thing. >.>

I've been diddling with Steam games for nn years and never yet had it spontaneously disobey my update settings- every time I thought it had, it turned out to be a dumb mistake on my part.

Here are 4 steps you can take to absolutely prevent Steam from updating one, or all, games:

1. Steam >> Go Offline >> "Restart in Offline Mode?" >> Yes, dummy, that's what I just said! (sorry, silly questions are annoying.) biggrin.gif
2. Steam >> Settings >> Downloads >> Download Restrictions >> Only auto-update games between: >> Set a one-hour time window when your computer is NEVER turned on. Mine is set for 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM. woot.gif
3. Steam Library >> Right-Click Skyrim Special Edition >> Properties >> Updates >> "Only update this game when I launch it."
4. Always launch the game from the SKSE64_Loader.exe shortcut on your desktop, which bypasses the Skyrim SE launcher, preventing it from triggering the update.

WARNING! Always start Steam before launching the game via the SKSE64 Loader shortcut! If you do not do this, Steam will self-launch, confusing the SKSE64 Loader, and then launch SSE via the regular game launcher, which will immediately set the game to update! Don't ask me how I know this. wallbash.gif

NOTE: You can actually leave Steam online and/or skip setting a time window that will never be valid- ignoring Steps 1 and 2. Steps 3 and 4 alone will stop it from updating your game... right up until the time when you mistakenly turn your machine on at 6:15 AM to check email real quick, or mistakenly launch the game from the Steam Library, or forget to launch Steam before clicking your SKSE64_Loader.exe shortcut... at which point it will be too late- Steam does not allow "oopsies." The entire reason for Steps 1 and 2 is as backup for when you inevitably screw up and violate the terms of Step 4. Don't ask me how I know this either. ermm.gif

After SKSE64 and all dependent mods have been updated and you WANT Steam to update your game:
1. Steam >> Go Online >> "Restart Steam and go online?" >> *sound of breaking furniture*
2. Double-click Skyrim Special Edition and watch it update. Should take 5 minutes or less.
3. After it has updated your game, repeat Step 1 above to take Steam back offline again. You know, just as a failsafe.

18 hours ago, Contessa said:

These plugins wouldn't be broken by the new Skyrim SE version and the newly released SKSE would they? I only asked because Racemenu and SexLab are currently.

you can always roll-back the version

press win+R, paste: steam://nav/console

in steam console, paste: download_depot 489830 489833 7780040377772731640

then get the .exe from steamapps/content/app_489830/depot_489830/SkyrimSE.exe

drop into root folder of skyrimSE done.

The update was probably for the VR release...

So we will probably see some more patches in succession while they iron out the bugs... Even though I thought VR was supposed to be seperate but I could be wrong on that.

I'd back up your exe now while you're rolled back until the smoke clears, if there is any...

4 hours ago, R246 said:

Oh! Wonderful! Some not so exciting mods created by collaborators.  It would be different if the mods where something new. But backpacks and yet another house mod........

Edit: OK... I do have to admit, those backpack models are pretty nice. But still....

I'm fine with how they're trying to add more to the game... The money aspect is a bit off-putting, especially when there's fan-made mods that look and function better, in just about every, if not all cases.

Like paying money for a mudcrab with dwarven armor that dies in one hit....lol <-- this might have been free... I can't be bothered to check.

Anyways.... I have run into a strange issue I haven't had yet that maybe someone has worked around...

My current mesh I am working on has full collisions... But I have not declared any of the static shapes in the xml, like the ground or body.  The actual mesh is the only thing declared...  I've never had this happen before... When I add the collision shapes into the xml, I lose all physics...lol

I've quadruple checked my xml and there's nothing that is breaking the logic, I even copy and pasted the shapes and strings from another xml over to this one on a working mesh and I get the same thing.  Also checked the mesh and everything looks ok there path wise and everything...

Everything is working as I want it to so it's not a huge deal, it's just a head scratcher for me lol...

33 minutes ago, Changer said:

Sometimes the order of the shape declarations mattered for me. when it was wrong the physics stopped working. Try adding the collision shapes lower in the xml, or higher.

I just did that.  I had to put it lower in the xml, but then I had to put basically every static bone on top or else half my body would fall through the floor.

Something else that just happened to me.  Wanted to throw it out there...

I equipped a skirt I made that had been working great, but now for some reason only the left side was falling through the floor.  This has always been if a bone was missing from the xml.  But like I said, it was fine before... I declared every single bone, body and all... Same thing... So I delete the skirt as a collision object from the xml.  I lose physics on the left and I have it still on the right, just no collision...

So....I had the bone names on the left side as bone001, bone002 and so on...  I changed the name of them to 3bone001, 3bone002 and so on... put the 3 in front of the bones in the xml... Everything is good again...

The same bone001 structure is used in other xmls, so I am wondering if somehow they are conflicting.  If so, I might have a lot to re-do, but this is the first time this has happened to me.  I didn't have any other items equipped either though so it wasn't calling for any other xmls except for my CBBE xml.  Very confused, but just in case I am going to start naming my bones the item name followed by a number.

Sorry if this is somewhere else, I've read this entire forum a couple times and didn't see anything like this.