Whoo, I managed to build things with the body slide, I can see everything now.

I got a problem though, I get the Jack the Belter quest and when I find him and he removes the belt I get another item (which is intended) and a second after I get a new belt and the quest begins again. As far as I understand I should not get the quest again, right? And I should not get the inescapable belt again? Especially when I'm already wearing another item like the black latex suit.

Thanks,

Susi

12 hours ago, SusiNexus said:

Whoo, I managed to build things with the body slide, I can see everything now.

I got a problem though, I get the Jack the Belter quest and when I find him and he removes the belt I get another item (which is intended) and a second after I get a new belt and the quest begins again. As far as I understand I should not get the quest again, right? And I should not get the inescapable belt again? Especially when I'm already wearing another item like the black latex suit.

Thanks,

Susi

It's random and tehre's no cooldown on collar or belt quest, so there's a chance you'll get the belt or colloar again, every time you loot a container and not wearing any belt or collar. I disabled the belt quest after first time in my own game (see first page of this thread).

I bring that last point up because as it stands: non slave collars are figuratively armour! I got saddled with a gold steel collar while still in sanctuary (the first time! I was looting the spot for clothes and glue.) and haven't had the three restraint keys I need to open it, but I'm not going to get rid of it anyway, as it looks DAMNED good, and oh yeah: I can't get a slave collar. I've had it spring on me a bunch of times, but it can't apply because there's already a locked collar there. So, selective effects on the devices could incentivize the player to want to get them off.

This is my favorite reason for this mod! I don't know if it was intended but my character now has a very compelling game play reason to want to wear some of the restrains.  My character (while out adventuring) will wear a collar and a chastity belt to prevent worse items from being equipped.  The normal collar prevents the slave collar. The normal belt prevents plugs and Jack's belt from being equipped.  My character leaves them on all the time because there is no in game reason to remove them currently. It would be nice if the normal items had some of the effects you suggested so that there is a forced choice in choosing between the lesser of 2 evils.

On F4SE, I like the fact that the devious mods don't need it. Few things are more annoying than to come home and find out I can't play a game for a week because Bethesda released some worthless CC update that breaks everything.  This is the reason I spend most of my time now on oldrim. I know I can play it at any time.

I've noticed of late that when bethesda does a CC update, F4se is usually updated within 24 hours.

I'm not making an argument for or against kimy's choices here, just sharing my observation. It was sometimes a week when there was actual game updates, but it seems like updating the script extender is much simpler when it's just CC crap.

And as an update: I lost my gold steel collar to the power armor glitch. Slave collar went right through both. I was able to simply take off the gold steel after the slave collar applied itself.

Just a suggestion for the future: you ought to make the slave collar's zap function scale up in damage depending on the characters lvl & hp. My hp is at like 2000 without the collar buff so it doesn't really punish me for wearing clothes.

Also was curious, this mod doesn't conflict with other mods so my question is if I use 4Play Violate but disable its DA effect, plus its health & cripple knockdown, would Violate still kick in 1st then your mod puts devices on me or will Violate stay inactive but your mod still places devices on me & drops me somewhere random?

UPDATE: After gettin a bunch of devices on me & using a key I found to remove my leg irons, your combat surrender kicked in even with no enemies around. It always activates when I remove the leg irons even with no enemies around but having any kind of arm restraints does not even affect it. I have your combat surrender enabled so not activating with wrist restraints must mean that Violate is keeping it out regardless.

UPDATE 2: I reloaded to a past save & got the same items equipped on me through DCW & this time, removing leg irons around enemies triggered the surrender but doing it away from them did not. Then I requipped the items I removed back in front of the enemies & removed them with the keys & combat surrender triggered. No idea if this is a normal function or my game is fucking up. Can provide a log but it might be pretty big to sift through, so if you can help me figure out what went wrong, I'll recreate the issue on a freshly loaded save.

55 minutes ago, Gupaloriz said:

I'm having trouble with the slave collar. When it triggers and equips my armor/clothes do not unequip. I'm running RSE and Combat Strip Lite. Would these mods cause conflict with unequipping? DCW is at the bottom of my load order too.

For me it will only work on vanilla armours, has no affect what so ever on mod added stuff, even when they appear to have the correct keywords added to them.  Though from what I am aware it was only stripping the under armour so to speak, things like combat/leather/metal armour would not be.

Though I did have this happening at one point myself and never did sort out why, after getting rid of one of the collars and loading the game at a later date they started working again.  I run RSE myself but not combat strip.

On 4-12-2017 at 9:41 AM, TerabyteDragon said:

I was able to fix the Alice hideout issue with by adding bUseCombinedObjects=0 to Fallout4Custom.ini, as suggested by https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3989675-settlements-no-floor-collision-in-any-settlement/

I just wish I understood what that setting does.

This worked for me, but people should know that there are 2 of these files. you need to change the one in documents/mygames/fallout4.

Also i placed it under the [GENERAL] header.

15 hours ago, Gupaloriz said:

I'm having trouble with the slave collar. When it triggers and equips my armor/clothes do not unequip. I'm running RSE and Combat Strip Lite. Would these mods cause conflict with unequipping? DCW is at the bottom of my load order too.

The slave collar doesn't unequip anything for you, it just punishes you if you have clothes on. It will punish you if you're wearing modded-in clothes too so long as they have the proper keyword associated with it. It doesn't seem to have a problem with any kinds of armor, which is fine as it doesn't buff you that much. Be warned, you can get multiple slave collars on because of power armor. You'll finally get a key, pull it off... and still have one equipped. It seems to be a glitch (at least, I think so.) so consider yourself warned.

1 hour ago, Wonko486 said:

The slave collar doesn't unequip anything for you, it just punishes you if you have clothes on. It will punish you if you're wearing modded-in clothes too so long as they have the proper keyword associated with it. It doesn't seem to have a problem with any kinds of armor, which is fine as it doesn't buff you that much. Be warned, you can get multiple slave collars on because of power armor. You'll finally get a key, pull it off... and still have one equipped. It seems to be a glitch (at least, I think so.) so consider yourself warned.

Yeh, but which keywords as non of the panties/tops and skirts from hmm what to wear trigger punishment, got the same with quite a few armours, it seems to only check for a couple of keywords, and it seems quite a few mod armours either use their own custom ones or do not use the ones that are being checked for by the script.  I was intending to add the keywords to hmm what to wear and all the armour mods I use that do not punish for wearing clothes when the collar is on.  But reading scripts make me cross my eyes then start cursing nowadays, 15-20 years ago not so much now bleh, scripts I hate trying to figure out just what they hell they are trying to do with things.

And I think most of us were expecting something like the skyrim version which did unequip gear as default when equipping a collar, or at least from what I remember it does.

And I once tried to make hmm what to wear armorsmith/armour keywords compatible, never again, it completely nuked the armour entries on loading after adding armoursmith extended as a master file, instead of pointing to amour it pointed to landscape and god knows what other stuff.

I think that might have been why you get shocked instead of auto-stripped (which I remember the skyrim collar doing as well. But I could be wrong and thinking of another item.). It seems there are some significant differences between coding in skyrim and coding in f04, and it severely changes what you can do without the script extender. Still, I find the shocking and the threat more thematic to fallout than automatically pulling all your (properly keyworded.) clothes off. And a lot of modders did seem to mimic the vanilla keywords for their stuff, almost all the clothing mods I have will see my character doing the direct current jig with the slave collar on.

And I know how you feel about going through the scripting and figuring this stuff out. I keep trying to teach myself the creation kit and utterly failing. I don't remember it being this hard for duke nukem's build engine editor... getting older kinda sucks for this stuff.

7 hours ago, Wonko486 said:

I think that might have been why you get shocked instead of auto-stripped (which I remember the skyrim collar doing as well. But I could be wrong and thinking of another item.). It seems there are some significant differences between coding in skyrim and coding in f04, and it severely changes what you can do without the script extender. Still, I find the shocking and the threat more thematic to fallout than automatically pulling all your (properly keyworded.) clothes off. And a lot of modders did seem to mimic the vanilla keywords for their stuff, almost all the clothing mods I have will see my character doing the direct current jig with the slave collar on.

And I know how you feel about going through the scripting and figuring this stuff out. I keep trying to teach myself the creation kit and utterly failing. I don't remember it being this hard for duke nukem's build engine editor... getting older kinda sucks for this stuff.

In skyrim the auto strip had a decent reason for it to work aka magic, fallout 4 though it kinda makes sense for no autostrip, due to there being no real way to implement it with out in effect black box/mcguffin it, in other words how the hell does the collar know you are wearing clothes and then removing them, and how would it even remove them?

The shock is kinda ok, but I tend to loot ammo and meds during combat, getting a collar equipped then can be a matter of it going from ok to I am dead depending on how much damage I have taken before the collar runs it shock, due to as far as I have seen it tend to shock a % of your total hp not your current hp, which at lower levels can be lethal, rather than annoying.

The ck for fallout 4 is a pain, sure there is a lot of similar stuff from skyrim, but there is also a lot that is nothing like it, in skyirm me creating crafting and upgrade recipes for armour/weapons is a couple of min per item, in fallout 4 I can not even get them to work consistently, sometimes they work other times it locks me in the work bench or it cause the game to ctd, I now it is all keywords and such but damn are they a pain.

True, most modders do tend to use either armour keyords or vanilla keywords, but there are some, hmm what to wear being one of them that uses its own custom keywords on pretty much everything, which means the collar script does not even see them, you can quite happily put on one of its tops/panties/shorts and not have the collar zap you.  Or they do not have the correct keywords on the items, which is not that uncommon from what I have seen.

Sure you can get around a mod especially if you use other mods, but then it comes down to why you are playing with the mod to begin with.   The spirit of the mod is that the collar punishes you for wearing clothing.  So if you just want to get around it by finding a clothing mod why bother with this mod to begin with.  For myself even if I could wear clothing because of a mod I would not because that is not the spirit of the mod.

49 minutes ago, rkoelsch1 said:

Sure you can get around a mod especially if you use other mods, but then it comes down to why you are playing with the mod to begin with.   The spirit of the mod is that the collar punishes you for wearing clothing.  So if you just want to get around it by finding a clothing mod why bother with this mod to begin with.  For myself even if I could wear clothing because of a mod I would not because that is not the spirit of the mod.

That as the reason I was looking for which keywords this mod checks for so that I could add them to the other mods I have that do not, and I consider this mod a add on not a requirement, it would not change my game play at all to remove it.

If a mod works it works if not then I will check and see why, if I can fix by adding keywords to other mods I use then I will, if I can not then I will not bother and just go my way.

There again my settings for this mod are very very low for everything, it should be a very rare occasion to get the collar not something that happens on every box/chest or corpse you loot.  If it is too common the question should be where the hell are all these collars and such coming from, who is making them and why the hell is every raider/ghoul or what not carrying the things around?

Actually... raiders do take prisoners: so it kinda makes sense for an occassional, opportunistic raider to be carrying around the collar. They find a nice person out there, slap a collar on her, and bam: instant pay day.

But it's a master thief that's running around planting restraints and collars on monsters, mutants and ghouls. I mean: when a trapped CORSET jumps out of a mirelurk... whoever put that there was GOOD.

35 minutes ago, Wonko486 said:

Actually... raiders do take prisoners: so it kinda makes sense for an occassional, opportunistic raider to be carrying around the collar. They find a nice person out there, slap a collar on her, and bam: instant pay day.

But it's a master thief that's running around planting restraints and collars on monsters, mutants and ghouls. I mean: when a trapped CORSET jumps out of a mirelurk... whoever put that there was GOOD.

True, raiders having the stuff does make some sense, and slave collars have existed in fallout 1 and 2 from what I remember.

Do not forget the person somehow getting them in sealed pre war locations in locked safes and containers.

Most of it is due to how the level loot lists work, so unless somebody is going to completely rebuild them from the ground up not much can be done about that.

Actually, I'm not complaining about how it works, just marveling at how it appears when the mechanic is enacted in game. Someone out there in the commonwealth is either good enough to set a physically complicated trap (springs, and levers and electronics and shit.) on living creatures... or that was one kinky mirelurk.

2 hours ago, alain31 said:

hello,thanks for this funny mod.

i ve got a problem with the mittens on hands,i can t open the pip boy.how can i remove this?and where can i find kimy.i don t see this npc in goodneighbor.

thanks for answer.

You should always be able to access the pipboy, regardless of the condition of your hands, so... could you provide more information, please?

And the NPC is in goodneighbour. Inside the memory den. Either in the main room, or in the side room on the left. You can't miss her, latex dress and all.

4 minutes ago, alain31 said:

hi thanks for your answer.

i have access to pip boy and i can interact with him but he is invisible.the screen is invisible.i only see the gloves.

Fair few of us mentioned this, as without it there seems to be no way to try and remove anything once you have your hands/arms bound, there are a couple of work arounds posted in the last few pages, I posted one and somebody else posted another.

But yeh, it would be nice, when getting stuck in cuffs or things like that that stop you accessing your inventory to automatically pull up the unlock/escape menu when you exit the pipboy, pretty much the same way the version for skyrim does.  It could of course be a scripting thing where in fallout 4 you can not do that, no idea.  As it is I use Roggvir's DD Items Manager  https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5259-roggvirs-dd-items-manager/ to simply not allow arm binders/yolks or anything like that, not great but better than having to reload when you get one those type of items equipped.

Am i missing some thing?. I've found both hair pins and picked the lock on my handcuffs and got the overseers key, found the supply crate and used the cutters to remove the hobble dress , then got a message about "realising you cant win this fight, you surrender", something about something can't be inserted, then the game freezes

WTF1.jpg

WTF2.jpg