Really it's the foxes and hyenas that most want improvement. I suppose vaalsark and khajiit could be fixed up. I have 4k versions of tiger and cheetah.

I'm happy with keeping mod discussion here. I think it's amusing for folks to see what we have in progress, even if most people don't read all of every post.

Really it's the foxes and hyenas that most want improvement. I suppose vaalsark and khajiit could be fixed up. I have 4k versions of tiger and cheetah.

For meshes, you can send me their heads. But I have no planned ETA for them at the moment. Send me their tails too. That I can get done soon. After they are done with new textures, you can probably upload them as new races since they will be totally redone. I may not be able to use them other wise lol. Well, the fox race maybe.

Ya, I was thinking about textures when I wrote that but better heads are always better. Especially those hyenas.

boo, if you have good khajiit textures, kick them over to me if you like and I'll see about incorporating them. Also if you have a good fur texture that you used for blending, I'd be interested.

One step forward, two steps back.

1. I have the cheetah head loaded in game, but when I run the expression sliders in RaceMenu the face doesn't change. That's whether I use my modified tri file or the one that came with the Detailed Khajiit heads.
  2. Trying to load up the Detailed Khajiit male head causes a CTD as soon as the mesh loads. Fur and no-fur show the same behavior. Importing to blender and re-generating the nif doesn't fix the problem.
  3. I can load up the Detailed Khajiit female head and it has the proper expressions, using the tri that came with DK.
  4. When I zoom in on the cheetah head, I get this:

post-441330-0-74766600-1495823098_thumb.jpg

It's as though the facets of the face are separating. I don't know if this is an artifact of RaceMenu. I checked the mesh and as far as I can tell these verts are not doubled. (Ignore the odd coloring. I've only done the diffuse texture and it's not finished.)

By the way, the problems I thought I found with the UV seem to have been caused by me importing without forcing the vertex order to stay the same. But I still want to rework the UV to make it easier to put the skin on.

The problems with the surprise morph do seem to come from DK. I see the chewed ears on the female in game. 

Has anyone actually been able to use the DK male head?

I can load up the Detailed Khajiit female head and it has the proper expressions, using the tri that came with DK.

[...] When I zoom in on the cheetah head, I get this:

attachicon.gifHead Problem.jpg

Well, you see...

According to your other comment:

By the way, the problems I thought I found with the UV seem to have been caused by me importing without forcing the vertex order to stay the same. But I still want to rework the UV to make it easier to put the skin on.

^This may be your problem. That weirdness can be fully explained by a vertex order mismatch. Try importing and rigging the head mesh again making sure to keep the vertex order untouched.

Or alternatively, let me port the heads myself using my method (which will let me know if vertex count and order has been altered but will work just fine otherwise). I've got Nightro's original heads, so I can port those first and you can then import them directly as game-ready .nifs into Blender and work on their UVs there.

Not sure about the crashes with Detailed Khajiit, though. The Expression sliders in RaceMenu don't seem to work on them even though I used the CITRUS replacement ones, but if I force facial expressions using MFG Console (or the game triggers them in any natural way) they work just fine. Could it be caused by corrupted files or by all the turmoil that is going on in your system?

Neverthelss, I'll check them out again, just in case. EDIT: Nope, loaded the game with Detailed Khajiit Heads in a mostly-vanilla setup (separate MO profile without Yiffy Age or anything like that, just SOS and UNP and nothing else) and it works just fine for me, both males and females, both standard and no fur variants.

The Expression sliders in RM don't work indeed, but forcing expressions/phonemes via MFG works. Even spawning a clone of the player makes him/her have the proper expressions and lip sync works just fine.

So unless we are using different versions of the DK files, the problem is in your setup somehow.

Edited by Blaze69

[...]

Okay, give these a try and see if they work for you:

I renamed them to "(Fe)MaleHeadCheetah" to make sure they couldn't get mixed up with other files, and included the .tris as well. Also the mouth meshes just in case, but those use the vanilla mouth morphs.

Hopefully you won't have any issues with them.

Okay, so those last are Nightro's latest heads? I'll load those up and work from them.

And you're seeing that the expression sliders in racemenu don't work on the males, but the expressions are okay in game? I was chasing this because I wasn't sure that would be the case. I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out whutup but I can't see how racemenu makes the link between a race and it's tri file. (I found the link between the race and its chargen.tri file, but the base tri file seems to be associated using another method.)

I've been changing one variable at a time, trying to figure this out. I got back to vanilla khajiit and the face, but not the mouth, responding to the expression sliders. Now that I know it's not a real bug I'll probably let that go and start working forward.  

I can load up the Detailed Khajiit female head and it has the proper expressions, using the tri that came with DK.

[...] When I zoom in on the cheetah head, I get this:

attachicon.gifHead Problem.jpg

Well, you see...

According to your other comment:

^This may be your problem. That weirdness can be fully explained by a vertex order mismatch. Try importing and rigging the head mesh again making sure to keep the vertex order untouched.

Or alternatively, let me port the heads myself using my method (which will let me know if vertex count and order has been altered but will work just fine otherwise). I've got Nightro's original heads, so I can port those first and you can then import them directly as game-ready .nifs into Blender and work on their UVs there.

Not sure about the crashes with Detailed Khajiit, though. The Expression sliders in RaceMenu don't seem to work on them even though I used the CITRUS replacement ones, but if I force facial expressions using MFG Console (or the game triggers them in any natural way) they work just fine. Could it be caused by corrupted files or by all the turmoil that is going on in your system?

Neverthelss, I'll check them out again, just in case. EDIT: Nope, loaded the game with Detailed Khajiit Heads in a mostly-vanilla setup (separate MO profile without Yiffy Age or anything like that, just SOS and UNP and nothing else) and it works just fine for me, both males and females, both standard and no fur variants.

The Expression sliders in RM don't work indeed, but forcing expressions/phonemes via MFG works. Even spawning a clone of the player makes him/her have the proper expressions and lip sync works just fine.

So unless we are using different versions of the DK files, the problem is in your setup somehow.

Definitely a vertex order issue, and DK works fine, even on custom races with custom expression ranges.

I have no idea what's going on and my game's so buggered I'm not sure what's real and what isn't.

The problem is in the round trip through blender. If I import Blaze's nif using the 2.49 scripts and then export again changing nothing, I get the faceted faces or an instant CTD. I've been using these scripts forever including on the child heads, so I don't know why this is different.

Furthermore trying to set race to khajiit male is a reliable CTD even though I haven't changed them at all.

Grr. If I have to I'll just copy the texture onto the vanilla UV layout. That should work at some small loss in quality. But if I don't get these other issues sorted I'll never be able to figure out where I'm at.

[...] The problem is in the round trip through blender. If I import Blaze's nif using the 2.49 scripts and then export again changing nothing, I get the faceted faces or an instant CTD. I've been using these scripts forever including on the child heads, so I don't know why this is different.

[...] Grr. If I have to I'll just copy the texture onto the vanilla UV layout. That should work at some small loss in quality. But if I don't get these other issues sorted I'll never be able to figure out where I'm at.

Wait, there is another option to change the UVs.

Export the cheetah heads as OBJ from NifSkope, get them into Blender (make sure to have Keep Vertex Order toggled on and such; I can look for the other import settings again if you want) and tweak the UVs as much as you want. Then send the edited OBJs to me, and I'll update the nifs with them. It's really easy to do in Outfit Studio; you can do it yourself that way if you want as well.

I'm interested to play with what Object Studio can do, but right now I just want to clear the underbrush. So if you can get the UV transferred, that would be fabulous. Here's the mesh I'm working with--I think the vertex order is right but since I don't know where in the process it's getting scrambled I can't guarantee it. See what you can do, thanks.

CheetahMaleHead.NewUVobj.7z

I'm interested to play with what Object Studio can do, but right now I just want to clear the underbrush. So if you can get the UV transferred, that would be fabulous. Here's the mesh I'm working with--I think the vertex order is right but since I don't know where in the process it's getting scrambled I can't guarantee it. See what you can do, thanks.

Here, see if it works as intended:

While you were doing that I was doing the other, and got these: 

post-441330-0-95602900-1495911717_thumb.jpg post-441330-0-18723800-1495911715_thumb.jpg

These are your nif with no changes, my diffuse texture modified to work with the vanilla UV, Nightro/your MSN, and the specular off the panther just for grins.

This looks good to me except we have a neck seam problem:

post-441330-0-95695000-1495911718_thumb.jpg post-441330-0-04699500-1495911716_thumb.jpg

That's the full weight on the left and 0 on the right. Maybe we can fix this just with bone weights so the base of the neck follows the torso more.

The "surprise" morph still has its problem, though it's not completely terrible: 

post-441330-0-96090100-1495911716_thumb.jpg

The notch in the left ear there comes from the morph.

I'll load up your latest nif and see how that goes.

EDIT: Also, the eyes seem a bit deep-set to me. Does that come from Detailed Khajiit, or the Cheetah mesh? I can make eyes for the cheetah head if I have to.

While you were doing that I was doing the other, and got these: 

attachicon.gifCheetah body full weight WIP.jpg attachicon.gifCheetah Head Shot WIP.jpg

These are your nif with no changes, my diffuse texture modified to work with the vanilla UV, Nightro/your MSN, and the specular off the panther just for grins.

Yeah, that looks good.

I'll admit I was about to say perhaps there were a bit too many spots, but went to take a closer look at actual cheetah pics, and, well... It's pretty spot on (Yeah, yeah, sorry for the pun :P). Anyway, l like it. It may not be exactly in line with other depictions of anthro cheetahs, but since those tend to be more stylized/cartoony/etc. and we go mostly for realism where applicable, I think it's great.

Wouldn't mind a King Cheetah option as well, though, but that's just an idea.

This looks good to me except we have a neck seam problem:

attachicon.gif Neck Seam full weight.jpg attachicon.gif Cheetah Neck seam 0 weight.jpg

That's the full weight on the left and 0 on the right. Maybe we can fix this just with bone weights so the base of the neck follows the torso more.

I didn't see it while testing the head meshes ingame, but then again, I didn't test them throughly and mostly focused on chargen sliders and expressions rather than seams or rigging, so it's possible.

You may also want to let Nightro know about this in case he wants to tweak the meshes to fix it.

The "surprise" morph still has its problem, though it's not completely terrible: 

attachicon.gif Cheetah surprise.jpg

The notch in the left ear there comes from the morph.

EDIT: Also, the eyes seem a bit deep-set to me. Does that come from Detailed Khajiit, or the Cheetah mesh? I can make eyes for the cheetah head if I have to.

I'm pretty sure the vanilla Khajiit surprise morph causes that weird ear shape by default, including the notch. You can try to fix it or make it look better if you want, of course, but it's not a bug per-se.

Not sure about the eyes, when comparing them with the default Khajiit eye shape, they seem to be exactly identical. Maybe it's the texture creating that effect? Also, have you checked the "Eye Depth" slider? Maybe the default preset sets it to -1 or something like that and that's why they look a bit too deep.

That's funny. I fixed the low poly mesh so it would fit the SOS body at full 100, but not the 0 variant. It may be a normal map issue. it does have an odd stretch, so it makes me wonder about the relationship between a low poly mesh and the normal maps when it comes to stretching of the mesh. I did set it so it is slightly longer than the default seams. I can lengthen the seams more on the high poly mesh and then normal would need to be remade.

I never touched the eyes, only the eye brows. It may be a normal map issue judging by looking at the left eye from the side. But the textures seem to be aiding in that effect as well.

Also, is the reason the textures look a little too orange do to the fact that you are in a dungeon? I'm also not seeing these white fur streaks mixed in with the yellow that I did before in your fist cheetah texture post. Is it because of the quality of the Skyrim engine?

As you see, the neck fits the body just fine at both low and high weights. What's not working is the stretch on sneaking (and probably other, um, athletic animations) and that's not a normal map issue. That's about the mesh. I'm going to try fiddling the weights but since I haven't had much luck working with this mesh I don't know what I'll be able to do. 

For the eyes, I'll see if setting the eye depth changes things. I'm using the default morphs that came with the race, and it could be that the high elves had deep-set eyes.

For this texture, I'm experimenting with desaturating it a bunch and letting the Skyrim engine set the tint. This is not only a very orange tint but the lights in qasmoke (where those pics were taken) seem to be very orange. It's not so extreme in the LAL dungeon or outdoors. 

I tried Skyrim for a while, and this was the most essential mod for me. A world without humans, just great. However, I could not get past the game mechanics of the game. Also not a fan of needing to completely reset every mod from default while testing to see how mods work together. In my Oblivion, I can do/equip most everything in game, Skyrim is too menu driven. Even with hotkey mods, there wasn't enough to do what I wanted ( I have approx 140 hotkeys in Oblivion ).

Main thing I'm here for today, I really like the rabbit tail and was wondering if someone could convert it to work in Oblivion. I have no idea how to do that.

Got the surprise morph fixed up, yay, no trouble. While I was at it I put a little expression into the ears for the happy morph. 

I'll look at re-weighting the neck ruff at some point, but give my problems with that nif I'm not hopeful. Maybe object studio will do it. Imma clean up the body texture first.

@Fienyx, the graphics in Oblivion aren't good enough for me to bother with it. I recommend get friendly with Mod Organizer and learn to live with the menus.

The rabbit tail is dead simple, if someone wants to do it it's not hard.

@NightroModzz, apologies because I've asked this before, but I'm about to do the feet for the cheetah and I'm thinking to use your latest paw mesh. (Well, make a lower-poly version based on it with a high-res normal.) I got your modder's resources from Nexus for the female model. Is that the latest? Did you make a male model? I remember last time I asked you didn't have a copy but I think boo did. I downloaded it and kinda can't find it now.

@Bad Dog - It's on page 84. You can do a file explorer search with the same name or just re-download it. That is the version I made to match your leg shape and built it around you previous digi leg shape model. And I think I did a planti grade version too. The one in my "Khajiit Body Overhaul" file is a different version.

No, I did not do a male version. I put a halt to that project. I am hoping to start that up again sometime in June and will be re-doing the female too. I have improved my skills a fair bit and learned a few new trick. So I may be able to make a better model by then. You wouldn't have a great time if you wanted to make animations that separate the toes. I think for reasons the mid inner toes got merged (not the case in KBO). For now, I can simply just inflate or re-scale certain areas to make a male version.

After viewing "manage attachments" in settings, I found this one on page 33. It seems to be the one with the claws separate because you didn't like how I centered them. Since I don't think Blender can handle it, I can reposition the claws if you want?

EDIT:

BTW, After watching this video,

it reminded me of a show called Gargoyles that I watched before my teen years. I decided to make some gargoyle models maybe towards the end of the year, but don't really plan to do anything with them. I'll likely sell them at CGtradar. A more straight version of your skeleton might be able to fit the leg/feet shape or you may have to modify it further. But if you'r going to want to adopt it, I can make some low poly models after the main gargoyle models are done.

Any opinions? Too human for you?

@Bad Dog

Okay, so my move date has been moved up again to either the 11th or 18th of June. That means of I have time to work on some more stuff. What's going on with the Sharkmer feet and body in the digitigrade position in an OBJ format? Blaze69 wants me to finish (full body) normal maps before July, because he is going to be out of town for most of that month.

Also, any plans on when the new female cheetah UVs will be done so I can get started on the neck seam fixes between the 0&1 body as well as the high poly version?