Okie dokie, peeps and pervs. All the races are updated, including children and afflicted. All the new races are using species-relevant skin tones, facial coloring, and paint. So I celebrated by taking a few pics.

Updated plans for V3.0:

• Update the races (done):
    • Nord -> Lykaios/Wolf (no change)
    • Imperial -> Vaalsark/Jackal (no change)
    • Breton -> Fox
    • Redguard -> Kygarra/Hyena
    • High Elf -> Cheetah 
    • Dark Elf -> Panther (no change)
    • Wood Elf -> Tiger 
    • Orc -> Sabrelion 

• Better feline and canine feet, thanks to Nightro (feline are done; I hacked in a canine modification that I am NOT happy with so I can just drop in Nightro's when they're ready)
  • Better skeleton positioning using the high-heels mechanism (done). Still need to check that all animations work properly and keep feet on the floor.
  • Clean up the race options for realsies:
    • Skin tints, hair color, and eyes make sense for the race, e.g. tigers are shades of orange rather than the bosmer tints. (done)
    • Tattoos and face markings make sense for the race. Some races (cheetahs) may get additional face paint and facial markings, e.g. different spot patterns so they're not all the same and face paint that works with their distinctive markings. Re-do the reachmen tatoos to lie properly on animal faces.
    • Make a few new face paint options that work with muzzles. (Not sure how far I'll really go with this. I ran through the warpaint and I'm mostly happy enough with it on the new heads. I revised some specific paints and fixed the female paint to go on the female heads.)
    • Feline races get the high-quality Citrus heads. Thanks to Nightro and Blaze, many of the feline races get unique heads. Kygarra gets a Citrus head too. (done. will drop in leopard head when Nightro gets that done)
    • Some better textures for existing races. (done. Might still fiddle the foxes some)
    • Children for the races which now have children (done)
    • Maybe see if I can get at least the dark elf tattoos to show up on dark elves.
    • Have a go at making old versions of the various races. Simple—just white around the muzzles and generally lighter.

• Additional furrified load screens and statues. I don't want any humans in the load screens.
  • New mechanism for schlongs which makes it easier to add races with schlongs. Will retrofit to BD Hoodies.
  • Adjust the female schlong to not cover the vagina, since that's independently articulated now.

ETA end of summer--say early September. I'll probably release an alpha that has all the substantial changes, then follow up with a final version that adds some minor textures and load screens.

post-441330-0-08257500-1500348962_thumb.jpg

post-441330-0-85613100-1500348963_thumb.jpg

post-441330-0-09330500-1500348965_thumb.jpg

post-441330-0-76768200-1500348966_thumb.jpg

post-441330-0-22918900-1500348968_thumb.jpg

So, re: tri files - would a blender script that does a perfect shrinkwrap between models of the same topology be helpful? I used it to ensure consistent weighting / UVs between _0 and _1 meshes. Or am I misunderstanding the issue...

So it's been quite busy here on my side. Tommorrow I will finally be getting my internet/modem installed, as well as some furniture I need to build. Also, stop leeching off of the free internet, which today is connectable, but no internet available for some reason :( , so I am using the hotspot on my phone today.

In a few days, I should be able to start doing a lot, like I have before I moved. Maybe even more since I understand the workflow and there will be a lot less bumps (mistakes) down the road. I likely finish the K9 feet this Thursday and the saber cat fixes/remake (not the high poly version...yet) some time later.

So, re: tri files - would a blender script that does a perfect shrinkwrap between models of the same topology be helpful? I used it to ensure consistent weighting / UVs between _0 and _1 meshes. Or am I misunderstanding the issue...

I'd like to take a copy of that if you don't mind.

Yes, certainly, I'd love to have that script.

For tri files I'm using the mechanism that Blaze posted earlier--put the mesh you want into the tri mesh as a new shapekey, then morph the base shape to that using the script/builtin function--but it failed on me at least once and a fallback option would be good.

Howabout you don't make new UVs?

I've already got the races working with the new UV layout in the feline paws.

I'm only referring to the heads. Did you fix the neck fur overlap issue? Maybe I can just fix them for newer heads, but also still containing an OBJ with the default UVs. Pretty much anytime I edit the UVs, it will likely always have the default option in the folder.

Same with heads, I have no appetite for playing with the UVs, and fiddling them breaks warpaint anyway. The fur overlap is a pain but dealt with now. 

If the verts match I have the ability to copy UVs from one mesh to another so if you want a different layout for some reason I can probably put the vanilla UV back.

I posted this on a thread on the Nexus about animated pupils for beast races.

I plan to make a set of eye meshes, and a morphed version for cat/snake like eyes. However, I did not plan on making it for Skyrim. This type of mesh would require two mash layers however, mine will have three.

1) make any eye ball shape.

2) indent a circle into it.

3) cut out another circle into the indented area. (You can morph the pupil shape later.)

4) Create another circle mesh (flat or rounded) and put it inside the eyeball, somewhat close to where you made the cut.

5) (Optional) Create another outward dented mesh that matches the rounded indent one in the 1st step that you can give a glossy glass-like texture to.

I wonder what the difficulties are to add this to Skyrim? I would assume it has tri files like the heads (less than the heads), but not sure how blinking works. As far as I can tell, the head models don't have visible eyelids and wonder if it's a texture thing. I would assume they would have to be redone which I think I would pass on.

EDIT: Something that's finally be getting fixed!  Hopefully Likely in the Fall Creators update.

Windows 10 DX9 VRAM Allocation Fix Incoming [update]

EDIT2:  A Topic I made, just to let people know.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/81749-windows-10-dx9-vram-allocation-fix-incoming/

Gotta say that would be cool. 

There are eyeblink morphs. They mush the verts above the eye down and the lower lid up more than you'd think--no separate eyelid.

The eyes themselves have tri files but I expect they just turn the eyes in the correct direction for lookleft and lookright morphs.

I'm thinking when I get back to fixing the Citrus morphs I'll put more expression into the ears. In particular, on lookleft the left ear should swivel that way a bit and the reverse on lookright. All the ear morphs are symmetrical right now and they don't have to be.

For cats you have to think about slits vs round pupils. Plus daytime predators--lions and cheetahs--actually have round pupils, not slits.

For cats you have to think about slits vs round pupils. Plus daytime predators--lions and cheetahs--actually have round pupils, not slits.

Well yeah. "a morphed version for cat/snake like eyes."

The only part you would have to edit/morph is the area that has been cut (for the slit), as mentioned. The separate round mesh sitting inside the eye ball right behind the cut is the pupil. That can stay round. The centered indent around the cut would be the iris. Both of those areas would also need an extra poly loop to use for good form, morphs, and texturing for the eyes unique black outlining.

Those aren't bad, especially the last few with fur on. But keep some of the lion look--I'm putting manes on them after all. I don't feel strongly about ear size--I care more about the shape of the face.

In other news, I spent way too long trying to get my Skyrim to work with ENBoost again, and failed completely. CTD before it even comes up, every time. I went through a bunch of google searches--reinstalled directx9--reinstalled drivers--reinstalled Skyrim--played with the graphics settings--nothing works. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I get back to playing the game. 

Also spent some time on morphs. Male heads are done for pointy and round ears, with an ear flick when looking left or right. Females are the same mess of misplaced vertices and I'm working through those. 

Also played with another style of mane: 

post-441330-0-41941200-1500606874_thumb.jpg

I'm still not getting it big enough and it needs more under the chin but I'm not totally unhappy with it.

In other news, I spent way too long trying to get my Skyrim to work with ENBoost again, and failed completely. CTD before it even comes up, every time. I went through a bunch of google searches--reinstalled directx9--reinstalled drivers--reinstalled Skyrim--played with the graphics settings--nothing works. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I get back to playing the game.

You mean only using the d3d9.dll and the enbhost.exe with the ENBoost settings (I.e. PatchUseSpeedHackWithoutGraphics = true and the proper system/memory settings in the ini) cause the game to CTD on load? The only reason for that to happen I can think of would be wrong settings.

Did you make sure to set ExpandSystemMemoryx64 (or whatever the exact name is) to false? I do know having it set to true alongside the SKSE memory patch can cause crashes, even if you use CrashFixes' UseOSAllocators option (whin bypasses the game's memory allocator completely). Or at least that's what people say; I always set that option to false just in case.

Otherwise, you can post your enblocal.ini so we can have a look at it and see if something looks wrong.

@Bad Dog - I can't see in any of the pictures you posted for the saberlions, but are you using the lion tales I made?

I know I haven't ported your tail meshes ingame yet, so unless BD has done it himself, I don't think he's using them. Could be wrong, though.

@BadDog, I have some comments/questions:

• Tried out the CITRUS Kygarra head WIPs you made, and I have to say, they are pretty good. While the change from the previous heads isn't exactly, well, game-changing, the higher polycount and the tweaked shape shows pretty well, that's great. Only two minor caveats: 1) the current Kygarra mouths seemed to have a slight mismatch with the lips, so there's a small gap between them. Nothing too extreme, but still noticeable, so you may want to look into that (unless you've already tweaked the mouths). And 2) since you used Nightro's heads as a base, they now have the same problem as those did: the change in layout around the nose makes textures not line up properly and thus the nose texture doesn't cover all the area it should on the "physical" nose. Should be easy to fix by tweaking the nose textures just like you did for cheetahs (which, again, you may have done already).

• Speaking of Kygarra, you probably know this already, but since your new male head is actually built using the male Khajiit head as a base (unlike the original one, which was the female Kygarra head tweaked to cover the male neck seam), you should change the male Kygarra eye records to point to male meshes again, so that the eyes line up properly with the heads.

• Re the updated plans: what do you mean with the entry about a new mechanism for schlongs? Is it something you have planned already (and know how to set up), or is it something you would like to look into? I'm curious.

• About the new digitigrade system and the NiOverride HH transforms: would it be possible to add some kind of switch to turn the transforms system off? Changing the new system to be plantigrade sounds like it would require replacing the digi skeletons with plantigrade ones and the paw meshes with copies of them with the transform strings removed (which is very similar to how it's done ATM and it's easy), but that would still leave the ingame scripted transforms system sinking the PC/NPC into the ground in some situations. Something like a global variable/boolean (like "YA_Use_Transforms" or something like that) could be good; that way, changing to plantigrade would be only a matter of replacing the files and setting that variable to 0 ingame using the console.

• One last question. This is mostly aimed at the Hoodies/Digitigrade system implementation for the shark race once the digi feet for them are done, but would it be possible to apply the required Hoodies and NiOverride Transform scripts/spells via racial (or NPC-specific) spells instead of a cloak? The shark-race-specific versions of said systems would only need to apply to the PC plus a few NPCs (which I intend to increase the number of but will still not justify the overhead of a cloak spell unless it's the only way to do it). Could it be done by adding a custom spell to the race (like the Khajiit unarmed damage bonus is)? Or maybe a spell added to all the NPCs of the race in their NPC data (and the player as well via script ingame if they choose the shark race on character creation?). That should be more efficient and remove an extra cloak spell, which like it or not adds some stress to the engine. Don't know if it's actually possible, but I'm asking just in case.

Wow, that was a long post, lol  :s:P.

@Nightro re the lion tails, I'm kinda sorta using your mesh. There was some oddities around the UV that had me going in circles and in the end I modified the vanilla tail to your shape, with a generic fine-fur normal map. No attempt at fuzziness on the tip. I'll post a full-body pic Sunday.

Re ENB, yeah, ENBoost only, SpeedHackWithoutGraphics, I've checked the other settings. It seems to me I have had problems when ENB and the skyrim INI disagree about whether to run in window mode, or when there are different AA or FPS limiting settings. But I checked those and I'm using S.T.E.P recommendations, so I can't see that it's that. My next step would be to wipe the system and start fresh and I really don't want to do that--maybe I'll be able to afford a new computer soon and solve the problem that way.

Re Kygarra, right, my intention wasn't to change stuff so much as to just deal with the blockiness. I'll go through and check mouths on all races before I'm done--I want to check the morphs as well as the static fit. Thanks for the reminder on the eyes. You are way more sensitive to noses than I am--I didn't even notice.

The new schlong mechanism was suggested by someone in, I think, the Hoodies thread. It ties the formlist with the different arousal levels to the schlong itself through a property, so different mods can add different schlongs without all trying to update the same formlist.

I *think* the way the high heels script works if there's no transform in the mesh, the mesh won't be affected. But I'll have to check.

I don't know anything about race-specific spells. If it's possible to get rid of the cloak I would love to do so--there are too damn many cloaks running around. I'll look into that.

But first I have to finish with the head morphs. Males are done and I'm happy; females are in progress.

is there any non sos version + non nude , as i can't play using them in my home as they will cause HAVOK in my house ,lol?

It has not come up so far, but it should be possible. It would still require SOS for the framework and the base scripts, but you could set it up in a way that ensures you will never see any naked character, neither male nor female.

Females use whatever body you have installed, so you can safely use any UNP-compatible Nevernude body and they will wear undies when "naked". Bodyslide/UUNP includes a Nevernude body you can generate instead of the main nude options, but for example you can also simply use exeter's vanilla underwear UNP body (available here as an optional download named "UNP Base Underwear Body"). Cople that with a vanilla/non skimpy UNP armor replacer (like exeter's files for the base UNP body, or UUNP Vanilla Outfits Bodyslides for UUNP), and females will cover up nicely.

For males, as I said you would have to install SOS anyway because it's a hard requirement, but you can get rid of the schlongs and make sure male characters have their underwear on at all times. Should be possible to do by installing the SOS Perma Undies addon, and then setting all of the probabilities for all of the BadDog schlongs to 0 (except for the Perma Undies addon, which should be left at 100% for all races). This will prevent all of the schlongs from being loaded and male characters will instead wear the speedo-style underwear at all times. No nudity at all.

I would test it out somewhere safe and/or away from other people first to make sure it works as I think it will, but again, if you set it up like that it should ensure that your game is SFW and it doesn't include nudity.

Except for the statues, that is, but unless your family/the people that live with you is the kind that thinks Michelangelo's David is obscenity instead of art, you should be able to get away with it, lol  :s  :P-

is there any non sos version + non nude , as i can't play using them in my home as they will cause HAVOK in my house ,lol?

It has not come up so far, but it should be possible. It would still require SOS for the framework and the base scripts, but you could set it up in a way that ensures you will never see any naked character, neither male nor female.

Females use whatever body you have installed, so you can safely use any UNP-compatible Nevernude body and they will wear undies when "naked". Bodyslide/UUNP includes a Nevernude body you can generate instead of the main nude options, but for example you can also simply use exeter's vanilla underwear UNP body (available here as an optional download named "UNP Base Underwear Body"). Cople that with a vanilla/non skimpy UNP armor replacer (like exeter's files for the base UNP body, or UUNP Vanilla Outfits Bodyslides for UUNP), and females will cover up nicely.

For males, as I said you would have to install SOS anyway because it's a hard requirement, but you can get rid of the schlongs and make sure male characters have their underwear on at all times. Should be possible to do by installing the SOS Perma Undies addon, and then setting all of the probabilities for all of the BadDog schlongs to 0 (except for the Perma Undies addon, which should be left at 100% for all races). This will prevent all of the schlongs from being loaded and male characters will instead wear the speedo-style underwear at all times. No nudity at all.

I would test it out somewhere safe and/or away from other people first to make sure it works as I think it will, but again, if you set it up like that it should ensure that your game is SFW and it doesn't include nudity.

Except for the statues, that is, but unless your family/the people that live with you is the kind that thinks Michelangelo's David is obscenity instead of art, you should be able to get away with it, lol  :s  :P-

hehe , thanks for replying and understanding