Nah, no special appearance. Maybe down the road, or maybe something simple like a golden fur color. Right, I'd have to mod the plugin for the heads. And there'd be a problem with the helmets because she'd need to wear human-type helmets. I don't know if you can make an NPC use a different race's armor?

Yeah, you have to facegen npcs. I'll do that for Sofia and Vilja. Any other fully-realized followers to worry about?

What do you mean by facegen npcs? Is it something I can do on my own?

Also I would imagine every standalone follower mod will have this problem. I also saw the Lumi -Minotaur's Might- mod had the same problem. The only one I've seen work fine is Inigo because he's a Khajiit.

Nah, no special appearance. Maybe down the road, or maybe something simple like a golden fur color. Right, I'd have to mod the plugin for the heads. And there'd be a problem with the helmets because she'd need to wear human-type helmets. I don't know if you can make an NPC use a different race's armor?

Fair enough. And about the race armor, no, there is no way to swap specific NPCs. You would have to duplicate the vanilla Nord race (or whichever Sofia and Vilja use) and assign the DefaultRace as ArmorRace. That's another reason I forgot to mention.

What do you mean by facegen npcs? Is it something I can do on my own?

Also I would imagine every standalone follower mod will have this problem. I also saw the Lumi -Minotaur's Might- mod had the same problem. The only one I've seen work fine is Inigo because he's a Khajiit.

The game doesn't generate the face data for the NPCs on runtime just like it does for the player character, but instead loads previously-exported head meshes and textures. If those exported files are missing or there is a mismatch between what the game data says the NPC should look like (aka what head parts like mouth, eyes, head, etc.) and what the exported files include, the game is unable to load the proper face data and you get the "Gray Face Bug" and a coloration seam between head and body.

In order to fix this you have to open whatever plugin that includes the affected NPCs in the Creation Kit, select them from the "Actors" list, and press Control + F4. The CK should export the data automatically, and you will get a popup with the text "Done" once it has finished.

Most of the vanilla head parts like heads, eyes, hairs, mouths and so on have been redirected to point to beast-compatible meshes and textures, so in theory you could just load whatever follower plugin alongside Yiffy Age in the CK and export straight away, but the thing is that most of those followers use custom head parts and hairs and so on, which would still point to human/elven meshes and look horrible on a beast head. You then have to either replace the custom meshes/textures from the follower mod with beast-compatible ones or edit the NPC data to give them vanilla hairs/eyes/mouths/whatever instead.

More...Kazma? I'll need to fix that. 

post-62699-0-59012600-1486559146_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-33475400-1486559165_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-29262200-1486559193_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-27288900-1486559221_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-66740900-1486559233_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-40381000-1486559249_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-39429500-1486559265_thumb.png

Head to Solitude, only to witness a late-night execution. Get winked at by a rat as I wonder for some reason, if I have anything else to wear. Check the bartender's stock of food, scarfing it down on the way out. Stare at the fox asking for an invitation. Try to go join the party, only to find another fox asking questions. 

Any reason not to duplicate the nord race, except for not getting "brother nord" comments?

Anyone else seeing elders with human masks? I've mucked them up somehow in this latest version, but I thought they were working before.

Also there's a weird thing with the eyes. Sabjorn, for example, and some of the others I swear have human eyes. It doesn't look terrible--they're deepset, but believable. But I'd fix them if I could. I couldn't see anything wrong when I looked at them with TES5Edit.

Another question, Blaze, since you understand races: I want to give the Bretons all the hair options the Kygarra have. In particular the mohock my character above is sporting isn't one of the options for Bretons, but it is for Kygarra. I have no idea how I got it on that character--I wasn't happy with that load order and when I did a more rational one, I lost the option. I looked at presets and head part form lists, but no dice. Where are hair options defined?

Any reason not to duplicate the nord race, except for not getting "brother nord" comments?

Anyone else seeing elders with human masks? I've mucked them up somehow in this latest version, but I thought they were working before.

Also there's a weird thing with the eyes. Sabjorn, for example, and some of the others I swear have human eyes. It doesn't look terrible--they're deepset, but believable. But I'd fix them if I could. I couldn't see anything wrong when I looked at them with TES5Edit.

Yes, Anise had a human head. On the plus side, the last few releases have fixed all of the armour bugs that I've been seeing (I thought they were due to my computer screwing up again-not unusual for it), and it seems that only "Nords" have facegen problems this time around.

Another question, Blaze, since you understand races: I want to give the Bretons all the hair options the Kygarra have. In particular the mohock my character above is sporting isn't one of the options for Bretons, but it is for Kygarra. I have no idea how I got it on that character--I wasn't happy with that load order and when I did a more rational one, I lost the option. I looked at presets and head part form lists, but no dice. Where are hair options defined?

Hairs are defined using the FormLists with the races in them, just like any of the other head parts. The thing is, one of the side effects of the way RaceCompatibility works is that the custom races get added to a vanilla race's headpart list on runtime. In this case, all of the custom races included in Yiffy Age are added to the HeadPartsKhajiit and HeadPartsKhajiitandVampire lists, and thus they have access to any hair or eyes that are available for Khajiit.

That mohawk must have been from a hair pack that hasn't been patched for use with Yiffy Age yet (NUHairstyles maybe?). Thus, the Khajiit hairs remain as "Khajiit-only" and can only be accessed by the Khajiit and by the custom races added to the Khajiit list by RC's script (including Kygarra). Vanilla furrified races are not included in the Khajiit list, so in order to give them the same hairs/eyes/whatever as the Khajiit you have to create duplicates of the custom Khajiit head part entries and assign them a new list with the previously-human-now-furry vanilla races. You can check my edited Apachii plugins to see how it goes.

Basically, there seems to be no way around it. As long as a mod remains unpatched for Yiffy Age, any extra head part added to Khajiit will only be available for them and for the custom races. The "patching" just creates duplicates of Khajiit assets assigned to the missing vanilla races.

I'll look into bypassing this by manually adding the furrified races into the "KhajiitandVampire" list, which is unused by the vampirism scripts and should be harmless (key word here is "should"). If it works without issues, you will at least get all the hairs in all of the races without the need for patches for the mods that include them, so there's that. I'll let you know if/when I manage to do it.

So I'm not really sure why I didn't do what you suggested and add furry races to the KhajiitAndVampire. What I did instead was create a new list called HeadPartsBeastRaces and add everything but orcs to it. Then I gave all the khajiit hair the new BeastRaces head parts instead of the original. That works--now all the khajiit hair is available on all the beast races. 

I suppose your method is better because it works for all the head parts in one swell foop. But any reason why my method would get us in trouble?

Found a gold mine! thought I should let you all know. Maybe you all can find something to suite your uhh....beastly tastes. Maybe if Bad Dog wants, he can make a Yiffy Age one.

It's called Wallpaper Engine.

To think that with Windows 7 I only need to make a video, and use Dreamscene to set it as my desktop wallpaper.....for free.

I suppose your method is better because it works for all the head parts in one swell foop. But any reason why my method would get us in trouble?

Your method does work, and in fact is the one I used for the old version of the Apachii patches, but it still requires the mods that add new Khajiit hairs to be edited in order to point them to the BeastRaces FormList. If we do the KhajiitAndVampire thing, then all custom Khajiit hairs will also be available for the vanilla races out of the box without the need for a patch for the mods that add them.

But then again, the number of mods that add new Khajiit hairs is extremely limited, so making patches for all of them using your method would be even feasible (I only know of 4 of them).

Found a gold mine! thought I should let you all know. Maybe you all can find something to suite your uhh....beastly tastes. Maybe if Bad Dog wants, he can make a Yiffy Age one.

Yeah, I don't think there will be any kind of yiffy content for that (though I may be wrong), and even if there was, it's not something I would actually use that much. Still, it's not a bad idea, but not worth the price for me.

To think that with Windows 7 I only need to make a video, and use Dreamscene to set it as my desktop wallpaper.....for free.

Never heard of it.

Yeah, I don't think there will be any kind of yiffy content for that (though I may be wrong), and even if there was, it's not something I would actually use that much. Still, it's not a bad idea, but not worth the price for me.

Well, technically you only need to pay $3.99 for the software, then you get free access to over a thousand pages of animated wallpapers at 60 fps and multiple resolutions like 1080p and up to 4K. A lot has audio and some have mouse cursor following effects. Edits can be made to the cursor effects and change audio volume. A majority of it is anime related stuff though. It's totally worth the price!

Never heard of it.

Well, technically you only need to pay $3.99 for the software, then you get free access to over a thousand pages of animated wallpapers at 60 fps and multiple resolutions like 1080p and up to 4K. A lot has audio and some have mouse cursor following effects. Edits can be made to the cursor effects and change audio volume. A majority of it is anime related stuff though. It's totally worth the price!

This is what I'm talking about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_DreamScene

Its free, and works with videos/gif etc

Edit: enabling it- http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-7-dreamscene-activator-released

This is what I'm talking about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_DreamScene

Its free, and works with videos/gif etc

Edit: enabling it- http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-7-dreamscene-activator-released

Okay, from what I understand, what I am using are dreamscenes, but running through better software, Like DeskScrapes. I think you need to run Dreamscenes through another application like Video Wallpaper for use on Windows 10 and some of the newer applications like Wallpaper Engine are more stable with more wallpaper functionality settings and a more user friendly interface.

Sorry, this went more off topic than intended.

RC5 up here

You seem to have made a mistake when packing the .esp, because it's missing, and in the base folder there's only a file called "YiffyAgeConsolidated.bsa.save". Since it is +300 MB in size I suppose it is an actual BSA file with the extension changed to .save, which in turn leads me to believe it is a backup of an old BSA and not the latest version.

Also, once the fixed version of RC5 is up, do you have a changelog or something like that at hand? It would be nice to know the changes to see if I should extract the whole .7z altogether or just specific files/folders.

BTW, about FaceGen, I think I found a way to remove most of the bugs with Nords altogether. Not all of them, because I still get a tone mismatch from time to time, but I seem to have managed to really minimize its occurrence (only like three Nords NPCs out of the dozens I've seen so far, which is way less than what they used to be with previous methods). I simply deleted all of the tints from the Nord race data except for the SkinTone one, and then exported FaceGen without saving the changes to the plugin itself. Since Skyrim doesn't care about what tints are on the NPC data and just loads the FaceGen texture straight away, the lack of tints when exporting doesn't cause issues or anything, and the skintone is properly applied.

If the Elders (or any other race) seem to have problems with their FaceGen, we can use this method to see if that helps. I still want to do some testing with the data I exported, but if it indeed seems to fix the problems with the Nords, I can upload it here if you want.

Fuck me. Yup, I mucked that up. There's a new version up now, no change in name.

No changelog. This version fixes some facegen problems and has the head parts forms list fix so all races can use the khajiit hair. I couldn't tell you which files have changed.

I redid facegen on elders and they are correct. 

I didn't really understand your explanation about the nord tints. If you delete the tints and then facegen, doesn't that mean the tints aren't baked in and you lose them? Or are you saying that's an acceptable tradeoff for getting the heads to match?

I've been doing the facegen thing in small batches and that seems more reliable than trying to do a whole race at once.

Here's the link to the whole folder. Inconsequential NPCs, Sneak Tools, and Wet & Cold patches have been updated. 

I didn't really understand your explanation about the nord tints. If you delete the tints and then facegen, doesn't that mean the tints aren't baked in and you lose them? Or are you saying that's an acceptable tradeoff for getting the heads to match?

Yeah, I think it is an acceptable tradeoff. I mean, the tints are wrong most of the time (like with many females getting red tiger stripes because the old tint for the lips now points to the Khajiit tiger stripe warpaint, for example). So if removing the tints means the skin tone is properly applied and you don't get bugs and seams, then I think we should go ahead.

As I said, I've done some tests on my game after exporting data for all Nord NPCs using that method and so far I've only seen three NPCs with a seam or tone mismatch. All of the other ones I've seen obviously have no face paints and the like but the head tint matches the body tint perfectly (so no more seams/mismatches).

Edited by Blaze69

Old people have flat feet, dontcher know. I'll fix in an update after 2.0. Gonna put that up now.

I got Sofia working, but I feel pretty bad about it. The modder did all this work to give her a unique appearance and now she's just another Nord. I'll put her up so people can play with her, but I'll take another pass at it. I'll try giving her a unique race and having her keep her human appearance.