The Nexus page for the RaceCompatibility mod is here - link.

No it's not. That's some modders resource that says first you have to load this other mod that says its about creating playable races, which I suppose I am now, but doesn't say just do goddamn this.

Argh. I don't want to have to be an expert on this.

Wait, Kuroyami got it right. That mod uploaded by TMPhoenix is indeed the real thing.

Forget about the stuff in the description. Just download the thing and install it through MO. It has a FOMOD installer that guides you through the options. Pick the ones corresponding to whichever mods you have installed and that's it. Trust me on this, that mod is RaceCompatibility.

The Nexus page for the RaceCompatibility mod is here - link

No it's not. That's some modders resource that says first you have to load this other mod that says its about creating playable races, which I suppose I am now, but doesn't say just do goddamn this. 

Argh. I don't want to have to be an expert on this.

Will this help?

Will this help?

Nope, see my above post. Kuroyami got it right from the beginning.

I think BD was confused by the descrption of the mod talking about replacing some stuff from the "original" RaceCompatibility which was offered in that custom race creation tutorial and stuff. That is no longer like that; in order to install RC, you only need the file from TMPhoenix's mod and that's it.

EDIT: to be completely clear: you all want to download and install the "RaceCompatibility All-in-One NMM installer" file. Your mod manager will take care of the install, you just need to pick the appropriate options depending on what mods you have installed (or not).

Will this help?

Nope, see my above post. Kuroyami got it right from the beginning.

I think BD was confused by the descrption of the mod talking about replacing some stuff from the "original" RaceCompatibility which was offered in that custom race creation tutorial and stuff. That is no longer like that; in order to install RC, you only need the file from TMPhoenix's mod and that's it.

EDIT: to be completely clear: you all want to download and install the "RaceCompatibility All-in-One NMM installer" file. Your mod manager will take care of the install, you just need to pick the appropriate options depending on what mods you have installed (or not).

Yeah, your comment wasn't loaded yet when I came here. I've already had that mod for as long as I can remember modding Skyrim, due to requirements.

Okay, just a question, but BadDog, have you thought about giving the female Snow Elf armor set the same treatment you gave to the male version? I mean that "protecting but revealing" style that leaves the bits unobstructed but otherwise looks like it actually provides protection (also love the detail of the tail guard).

The thing is, I went back to a full vanilla-style replacer for males and females (so no more chainmail bikinis and revealing armors for female/males respectively), but I really like your Snow Elf armor design. The problem is the same I had with SOS Revealing Armors: the "SOS_Revealing" tag required for the male version also applies to females, and I get their lady schlongs clipping badly through the armor.

Since the Snow Elf armor is included with Yiffy Age (which I think is a good idea considering the general lack of replacers for it and and the fact that it realy fits with the changes done to Snow Elves themselves), I think it would be a good idea to include the female version as well, for completeness' sake. You can just take the vanilla-style UNP replacer meshes done by exeter from here: UNP Dawnguard Armors, and work your magic on them. Just my two cents, though.

Also, a side note: while doing my Playable Races plugin, I noticed there are some Snow Elf NPCs ingame: Gelebor, Vyrthur, and some ghost NPCs from the Forgotten Vale (all of them named "Prelate X"). They all have their own separate hair entries that still point to elven meshes, and while they don't fare that bad on Khajiit heads, they still look a bit weird. I though about replacing them with custom hair styles, to make Snow Elves stand out from other races in appearance. Something like the hairs from Apachii or from the KS Hairs ported by KrittaKitty. They may be a little too "modern/fashion" looking, but since we're talking about an "elven" race that used to have a thriving civilization before the war ruined it, I think those aesthetics kinda fit.

Any thoughts on this? Should I give it a try, or do you think it's better to just point them to use vanilla Khajiit hair meshes like we did for the other races?

I haven't done much with female armors, but no reason not to. I hadn't thought about the problem of armors that are revealing for males but not for females when the females have manly bits.

I think I'd prefer to keep the khajiit hair for the snow elves in the base mod. You've done an Apachii hair mod, right? So we could cover snow elves in that.

Edit: BTW, trying to do the facegen thing again, looking for corrupted files as I go. Cleaning up seams while I wait for it. I'll put up another go when that's all done.

I haven't done much with female armors, but no reason not to. I hadn't thought about the problem of armors that are revealing for males but not for females when the females have manly bits.

I think I'd prefer to keep the khajiit hair for the snow elves in the base mod. You've done an Apachii hair mod, right? So we could cover snow elves in that.

Edit: BTW, trying to do the facegen thing again, looking for corrupted files as I go. Cleaning up seams while I wait for it. I'll put up another go when that's all done.

Good to hear about the armor, and the hair thing sounds reasonable. Making a separate patch that swaps the hairs whi Apachii's or KS' ones would be as easy as implementing it in the main mod itself, so no problem there.

About FaceGen, I have done all the races except for Nords already, and I did it the right way and making sure I didn't export data for NPCs that borrow their appearance from a template. It seems to work fine; in my testing so far all of the non-Nord NPCs (leveled or unique/standard alike) seem to work as intended without any grey face bug. If you want I can upload my data here so you can focus on getting Nords to work without wasting time on the other races.

Yeah, would you? I just did all the Nords and they're not right--at least sven is not right. And I lost the elder race somehow along the way.

Sorry for the delay, some stuff came up and I was busy. I can't upload the file now, but I'll do so in the morning.

BTW, I think I can get Nords to work. So just leave the FaceGen to me and focus on other stuff if you want. I'll let you know if it turns out I'm wrong, but I think I can do it.

Haven't had time to do the consolidated version much yet, but so far it looks good. I'm still having trouble with some NPCs in my save running around with human heads (mainly those added by custom mods and the elderly), but changing their race via console doesn't fix that anymore it seems. Have to test on a new save, and haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm working less hours, but it feels like I have less free time than before.

EDIT: also, without the installation options, I no longer have access to the feminine Khajiit textures, though I can wait on that till you're ready to package up the FOMOD and stuff.

Okay, got the files packed. Here they are:

As I said, most NPCs seem to be working fine. I did catch the occasional skin tone mismatch, but the few NPCs that showed it did have visible tints, so it was not their FaceGen textures being corrupted or anything like that. They also seemed to have a specific tint or paint that matched the skin tone, so I guess there could have been some bug that swapped the "Skin Tone" entry with one of the regular tint ones. I'll have to check it. BTW, I got Elders working, so you can just skip on that and use my files for them.

I also got part of the Nord NPCs working by replacing their tints in the race data with the Khajiit ones before exporting data. I didn't save the changes so I could still access the Lykaios tints when creating a character, and since the CK doesn't care about which tints are listed once the FaceGen textures are exported, there's no problem with that.

Only got those NPCs that use no template at all, though, because it can be easily checked in the CK Actors list by scrolling right and making sure the "Template" field is empty. I would still have to go through all of the NPCs with templates to check and export data only for those who don't get their appearance from the template. This means most of the generic Bandits/Guards/Thugs/whatever will still have the bug.

Edited by Blaze69

Okay, thanks. I'll load your stuff up and check it out.

The problem with elders having human masks is a bug in RC1. Blaze, what did you have to do to fix it? I exported facgens for them a few times and spot-checked the output but couldn't fix it. I previewed them in CK and they look fine there but not in game.

Possibly related question--can you do a quick headparts tutorial? The Teens from Inconsequential NPCs have buggered heads and I can't fix it. I want them to just be generic nord/lykaios but in CK I can't pick the male nord head from the list--it doesn't show up. The male nord head says it uses HeadPartsNordAndVampire, and the Teens use nords for their armorrace, so that should work, right? For the female teens I was able to assign khajiit heads but I couldn't figure out the difference between the male and female setup.

Okay, thanks. I'll load your stuff up and check it out.

The problem with elders having human masks is a bug in RC1. Blaze, what did you have to do to fix it? I exported facgens for them a few times and spot-checked the output but couldn't fix it. I previewed them in CK and they look fine there but not in game.

Possibly related question--can you do a quick headparts tutorial? The Teens from Inconsequential NPCs have buggered heads and I can't fix it. I want them to just be generic nord/lykaios but in CK I can't pick the male nord head from the list--it doesn't show up. The male nord head says it uses HeadPartsNordAndVampire, and the Teens use nords for their armorrace, so that should work, right? For the female teens I was able to assign khajiit heads but I couldn't figure out the difference between the male and female setup.

I'm not sure, I just loaded YiffyAge in the CK and exported FaceGen straight away. The Elder race already points to Khajiit tints instead of human ones according to the edits in the main plugin, and the few Elder NPCs I checked ingame did have Khajiit tints. Weird looking in some cases, as usual with all of the races (like those females that used to have red lip tint now have faded red tiger stripes), but still all of them were the Khajiit ones, not human.

As for HeadParts, they only show up as available for the races included in the assigned FormList, the ArmorRace has nothing to to with Head Parts. Here you have two options: adding the Teen races to the HeadPartsNordAndVampire FormList, or creating copies of the Lykaios heads and assigning them to a new FormList that only includes the Teen race.

I don't think adding more races to the Nord list would cause issues, because we would be editing the "XandVampire" one and that is unused by vampire swaps scripts AFAIK, so you can give it a try. If it turns out to cause issues, then we can just do the "duplicate head parts" thing instead.

Okay, small mod shoutout: I just came across this mod: Knight-Paladin Gelebor Follower.

I thought if we were going to put all that work into swapping Snow Elves with Snow Leopards, I might as well get to enjoy the fruits of it (aka Gelebor the snowmeow  :P), so I gave it a try. I only consoled my way through the prerequisite quest to unlock the dialogue, but so far it all seems to work fine. The only caveat is that the plugins needs to be loaded before Yiffy Age because it contains some edits to the Snow Elf race that could screw up YA's own ones, but is otherwise fine. So, yeah, get that mod if you want to get a lore-friendly Snow Leopard follower out of the Dawnguard questline. Get my Playable Races plugin as well, even if it's just for the Snow Elf race fixes. EDIT 2: Turns out there is an even better option: Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - RDO. It includes follower dialogue for many voice types that lacked it, including unique NPCs like Valerica or Gelebor, and includes its own system to get all of them as followers. Same conditions apply, though; you have to complete Touching the Sky first.

Now, kinda off-topic, but about mod recommendations, I temporarily dropped SexLab in favour of this: Flower Girls for Skyrim. It's a very light mod that includes both "Flower Girls" as the name states and dialogue options to start scenes with followers/lovers (and random NPCs with the help of a spell). It also aims to integrate some kind of "Seduction" mechanic that would allow the scenes with followers to be unlocked after interacting and getting close to them, which is neat. Plus, it includes some of the best anims available from Leito and Anub, among others.

So, yeah, don't get me wrong, SL is awesome and the best option around; but until I set my whole modlist in stone and get around to deciding about a full-SL playthrough, this is a nice lightweight option to have the chance to see some naughty action without requiring much time to be set up or adding too much load to the system.

Plus, it worked fine on my testing and it does support Gelebor once he's a follower. Also it does support Serana as well, which is always nice. Amusingly enough, when I used the console to force-complete the required quest to get him as a follower, Serana was teleported to the player in order to initiate the dialogue that introduces the following quest, so in the end she took part in a threesome with my character and Gelebor. You know, for testing reasons. And the result was more than satisfactory  :P.

EDIT: On the topic of Serana, since she's supposed to be such an important character and interact so much with the player, I'll probably get around to fixing her appearance and making her more unique. With properly-applied Lykaios tintmasks and warpaints and Apachii/KS Hair, I'd say.

Edited by Blaze69

Sounds good. I've been running with RDO myself, but haven't progressed DG to that point.

Your fixes look good though there are still a few Nords that don't match. I got the Teens working. New version up soon, but I just discovered the Afflicted are buggered, so I'll fix them first.

Well, I absolutely love this mod, but I was hoping I could still have a human PC in a world filled with beast races. I've looked through the files and I realize that there won't be variants to this unless I make my own, so my question ends up becoming: Is it possible to mod this so that every NPC is a beast race, but my character can be any race I'd like?

Thanks.

Well, I absolutely love this mod, but I was hoping I could still have a human PC in a world filled with beast races. I've looked through the files and I realize that there won't be variants to this unless I make my own, so my question ends up becoming: Is it possible to mod this so that every NPC is a beast race, but my character can be any race I'd like?

Thanks.

The only way I can think of would be to install a human/elven custom race that includes all of the assets it uses and doesn't link to vanilla hairs/eyes/brows/whatever.

Started a new game with your RC2 you posted a while back, and now footwear gets morphed to the digitigrade skeleton, wthouth being digitigrade. Will test a bit more on loadorder, since MO2 flipped around some of my plugins.

EDIT: as suspected, the problem was that MO moved Compleat Khajiit after Yiffy age RC2, which broke the feet meshes.Moving it right before fixed it.

Thanks.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64482/?

Not sure how much editing it would require to be fully functional though.

Thanks.

I've actually done this on a previous version of YA with the Ningheim race :

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35474/?

Doesn't look much different than a Nord in my opinion, the only real difference will be the race powers, e.t.c.

RC1 (not RC2) has everything rolled up--you don't need compleat khajiit or hoodie schlongs. But if they're loaded before YA, no harm done.

I'm going to have to write up instructions about load order and sexy armors. Lots of different mods playing in the same sandbox.

New version soon, really. I have the afflicted working (well, modulo a few texture glitches) but stupidly based them on the nords instead of the bretons (on the theory that really, why are only bretons afflicted?). Then I found out that some of the dialog actually assumes they're bretons. 

But the hyenas are looking nice and I tweaked the panthers so they'd show highlighting in a wider range of light conditions, so it's pretty good. 

There are still a few grey heads or at least head/body mismatches but it's tolerable. Also an awful lot of the nords have the facepaint that's just plain red from the forehead up. Not a bug, but kind of dull. I might go in and see if I can switch that up in future versions.