Something seems to be wrong with the FaceGen data in the 2.0 file. I think you somehow mixed up the files and ended up packing the old FaceGen, because the Breton files have the Vukasin heads, and there are plenty of NPCs with human hair meshes instead of the fixed Khajiit ones. I swear this whole FaceGen thing is a pain in the ass. GG, Bethesda. You always know how to make things harder for no reason whatsoever  :dodgy:.

Anyway, I accidentaly overwrote my own exported FaceGen with the one in the files, so I guess I will have to export it all again. Yay. But at least using the "remove tints" method I should be able to minimize the number of grey faces or mistmatches. So leave FaceGen to me, I'll take care of it. Wish me luck  :s.

Old people have flat feet, dontcher know. I'll fix in an update after 2.0. Gonna put that up now.

I got Sofia working, but I feel pretty bad about it. The modder did all this work to give her a unique appearance and now she's just another Nord. I'll put her up so people can play with her, but I'll take another pass at it. I'll try giving her a unique race and having her keep her human appearance. 

I second the human appearance, though I wouldn't mind her looking like Holo from Spice and Wolf. There's a mod that does this already here, though this doesn't work with Yiffy Age as-is.

Something seems to be wrong with the FaceGen data in the 2.0 file. [...]

And it's not only the FaceGen, but the plugin seems to be messed up as well. Many races have the wrong default face textures, and some of them point to the wrong skeletons. Also the schlong textures for female Nords point to the male diffuse which causes a very obvious seam/mismtach between body and schlong. And that is just what I've found so far.

I'm going to clean up the plugin myself, so I guess I can upload it here as well. No ETA on when it will be done, but I'll upload it as soon as I fix all the bugs I can find. Also working on the FaceGen, but that will take a while.

BTW, BadDog, check your texture export settings in Photoshop or whatever program you use. The latest Kygarra and Argonian normal maps are saved in R5G6B5 or one of those limited-color formats and they have some pretty noticeable arctifacts, most notably they look like they have been posterized.

I second the human appearance, though I wouldn't mind her looking like Holo from Spice and Wolf. There's a mod that does this already here, though this doesn't work with Yiffy Age as-is.

Well, as I said, I prefer full furry, but if I had to choose, then I'd rather go for Holo (aka human with fox ears and tail) than for simply a regular human, so I'd say this is a good option. Just my two cents, though.

[...] I'm going to clean up the plugin myself, so I guess I can upload it here as well. [...]

Okay, don't want to spam the thread with subsequent posts, but I wanted to make this easier to find and read. I've been working on the main YiffyAgeConsolidated.esp, and this are the changes so far:

• Merged all of the fixes from USLEEP that didn't require adding USLEEP itself as a hard dependency. This includes fixes to many ArmorAddons and clothes/armors (mainly headwear and footwear, which are the majority of YA's armor edits), among other stuff.
  • Cleaned up most of the races and gave them proper digitigrade skeletons where missing (Elders and female High Elf Vampires, for example) and added some race fixes from USLEEP and the like. Also fixed the Head textures list (shown as the "Complexion" slider in RaceMenu) for many races which pointed at the wrong texture sets. Most of the females were simply pointing to the Khajiit textures, and would get stuck with those if you moved the Complexion slider. Oh, and I cleaned many leftover edits to the Afflicted race that pointed to Lykaios assets. The only critical one was replacing the Lykaios mouths with the Kygarra ones (because they wouldn't match the head otherwise), but it doesn't hurt to have them properly set up, does it?
  • Implemented most of the fixes for the Dremora and Snow Elves from my Playable Races plugin. My plugin will still be required for the "Playable" tag itself and for the whole RaceCompatibility setup (including scripts and the vampire versions of the race), but I figured I could add the other fixes to the main YA plugin.
  • Cleaned all of the child races and gave them proper digi skeletons and head parts. Also pointed their hairs to proper vanilla Khajiit hairs, so no more "bald" children. I assigned the meshes at random and I haven't actually checked them out ingame, but they should be fine.
  • Fixed the "DLC1NordRace" from Dawnguard to be identical to the furrified Nord race. It isn't used by any NPC ingame but IIRC it is used to swap Serana into a "human" if you decide to complete her "Cure Vampirism" sidequest. Also fixed her hair and Valerica's own one. I intended to give her a hair from Apachii or something like that, since she's, well, Serana (and she has an unique hairstyle in vanilla Skyrim), but she uses a vanilla Khajiit hair for now. Ditto for Valerica, though I don't think giving her an unique hair is as important as with Serana.
  • Removed many unused entries in the plugin (this isn't really critical but I like to keep the plugins as clean as possible).
  • Merged my fixes to the SOS FormLists from the Playable Races plugin into the main mod. Now the female schlong can have proper Probabilities separate for each different race (they all used the same Global set to 0 before, so changing one changed all of the others at the same time). It's still the same, though: only Hyenas will get a schlong by default, but you can configure which races you want to give a female schlong. Also removed many non-compatible races from the lists instead of keeping them with probability 0 (so removed Orcs and Argonians from the Sheath and female Sheath, removed all non-Argonian races from the slit, and removed all non-Orcs from the Orc AddOn). I had to do this mainly because otherwise the Sheath lists would have gone over SOS' limit of 30 races and some would have been left out, and since I was going to clean the two sheaths, I figured I could clean the other schlongs as well.
  • And pointed the female Lykaios schlong to the female diffuse, which should remove the previous mismatch caused by the male textures on the female schlong. Also cleaned up some of the schlong entries (the canine white one was missing the male texture set, and the male Lykaios one had them assigned via the "alternate model texture" window rather than the proper "Texture Set" entry).

That should be it. I'll do some tests to make sure I didn't miss anything or screw anything up with my edits, and I'll upload the plugin here. Then I'm off to banging my head against the desk really hard in hopes of somehow convincing the CK to not screw up FaceGen. Yay  :dodgy:.

EDIT: Okay, here you go. I haven't throughy tested it, but judging by what TES5Edit says, all of the bugs and mistakes that were in the plugin are fixed now. The changelog is more or less the one above, though I probably missed some edits. BadDog, could you take a look at this and see if it indeed loks OK? If it does, you can update the 2.0 file with it.

Also attached are the 2.0 version of the Playable Races plugin, an updated version of the XPMSE patch for 2.0, and the latest version of the Apachii patch. Note that the main YA plugin edit is REQUIRED for both the Apachii platch and the Playable Races plugin.

EDIT 2: BTW, BadDog, do you intend to update all of the races with the new feet? The Kygarra/Breton and the Snow Elves already use them, and IMO they look better than the old ones now that the paw itself is bigger. AFAIK all it would take would be to port the claw textures of the other races to fit the new UV, and the result is really nice.

I still upscale them a bit on my character so they look more muscular and fit the more "amazonian" legs of SevenBase, but at least NPCs look better with the bigger paws IMO, so that's great :shy:.

Edited by Blaze69

Blaze, I don't believe it. I've been running with this setup for days now, and I'm not seeing the kind of basic problems you're seeing.  

Either Blaze has cruft in his install, I have fixes that somehow didn't make it into the package I posted, or magic has returned to the world. What do other people see?

Edit: But I'll admit to the normal map problems--I was trying different formats there. My intention is to have the canines using a lighter foot than the cats, but both are lighter than you prefer. 

Thanks for doing the XPMSE, I wasn't looking forward to it.

I'll walk through your fixes and incorporate them into the main mod. I'll also repost your hair and playable races with the OP.

Blaze, I don't believe it. I've been running with this setup for days now, and I'm not seeing the kind of basic problems you're seeing.  

Either Blaze has cruft in his install, I have fixes that somehow didn't make it into the package I posted, or magic has returned to the world. What do other people see?

Edit: But I'll admit to the normal map problems--I was trying different formats there. My intention is to have the canines using a lighter foot than the cats, but both are lighter than you prefer. 

I'll walk through your fixes and incorporate them into the main mod. I'll also repost your hair and playable races with the OP.

Well, I downloaded the 2.0 file twice to be sure, and I made sure the YiffyAgeConsolidated.esp I was using was the one straight out of that archive, and same goes for the FaceGen. In fact, if you open the 2.0 file, go to the FaceGen meshes folder, and check the files dated 2016-08-31, you'll see those are the old Vukasin heads instead of the new Kygarra ones. And that's for all the Breton FaceGen.

So, unless I somehow messed up and ended up using an older file (which I don't think is even possible because the only YA archive I have on my PC right now is the 2.0 one), the bugs I listed are indeed present on the 2.0 .file. Do you have any older versions of the plugin/files laying around? Maybe you accidentaly packed a WIP plugin instead of the final one or something like that, and same goes for the FaceGen. But anyway, I fixed the plugin as good as I could, and I'm working on the FaceGen, so it's not that much of a setback.

Speaking of which, I think I have found out why there were still bugs with FaceGen even after using my "remove tints" method. (Hope I'm not jinxing it  :s).

Basically, when we used the "Copy Data" option in the Face Tints tab of the race to copy the Khajiit tints to the other races, the colors listed in the SkinTone tint were replaced as well (so for example Dark Elves used to have DarkElfSkin01 through 05 but those were replaced with the Khajiit ones).

The thing is, the NPC record stores both the actual skin tint color in RGB, and the corresponding preset number. The game loads the color straight from the NPC entry data, while the CK loads it from the race data using the preset index. Usually they would match, but since we changed the colors listed in the SkinTone entry for all of the races but not the NPC entries themselves, they don't match. So, while the CK exports FaceGen textures with the "right" color (from its point of view), the game loads the original tone and they don't match. You can check it out by loading YA in the CK and looking at the Wood Elf NPCs. They all end up loading the same brown/greenish skin tone while their NPC entry actually has diferent colors.

I created a plugin that restores the original colors for the SkinTone tint and removes all of the others for the affected races. Obviously it should not be loaded into the game itself, but if you load it in the CK alongside YA, the FaceGen is properly exported. I tested it, and all the Wood Elf NPCs which used to have the seam before (due to the tint thing mentioned above) now had the proper skin tone and no seam whatsoever. So I guess that is finally taken care of.

TL;DR: I think I finally fixed FaceGen. You have to load a special plugin alongside YA in the CK, but then FaceGen should work properly.

I'll export data for the remaining races (Imperial and Nord) and pack it all in a 7z alongside the tint plugin so you (or someone else) can properly export FaceGen. No ETA, but it shouldn't take me much longer.

What new feet?

The Snow Elves and the Kygarra use a new (modified) version of the feet that has bigger paws. It's similar to the result you can get by using RaceMenu's Body Scale sliders to increase the Toes bone with the "old" feet, though obviously the shape is much nicer because it's been made manually rather than through node scaling. It also has a different UV map for the claws, and that's why I mentioned porting the other races would require some editing to their body textures (but it should be really easy to do).

As I said, while for my character it isn't that much of a change because I still upscale the paws (though the better overall shape is nice), since NPCs are stuck with the scale 1.0 feet, they look way better. I totally respect BD's design, but seeing the furries with those (IMO) tiny paws was weird :s.

I still think they could be made a bit bigger, though. Maybe increasing the size of the _1 version to account for the heavier/more muscular/more curvy bodies while using the new design as-is for the _0 weight. Just my two cents, though.

I never disliked the feet we've been using. I still have to get my mods set up and then compare the two though. As long as it isn't some ultra high polygon mesh that will decrease performance, since that is still a priority for me...I'll test the facegen plugin when you put it up too and see how it works for me.

I never disliked the feet we've been using. I still have to get my mods set up and then compare the two though. As long as it isn't some ultra high polygon mesh that will decrease performance, since that is still a priority for me...I'll test the facegen plugin when you put it up too and see how it works for me.

I don't actually dislike them either, it's just that they look a little small for a paw that has to support the weight of an entire bipedal skeleton/configuration. And it's more noticeable when you use bigger/more muscular bodies, like I do sometimes. The issue it's still present for me even when using UNP, but when you have a character with SevenBase at weight 100, the small paws cause quite the clash with the muscular legs/calves.

But anyway, as I said, if BD decides to go ahead and make them a little heavier/bigger, then that's great, and if not, I'm still happy with the current mesh. And no, the new meshes are the same as the old ones but with a different paw shape and some minor UV changes, so they are identical as far as polycount/file size is concerned. In fact, they may be even smaller in size because thy have the tangent normal data removed, which reduces the .nif size (as explained before, the "Normals" option in NifSkope has to be set to "No" for meshes that use Object Space Normals aka character/body parts).

As for the FaceGen plugin, here it is:

It includes data for all of the NPCs from the vanilla game + DLCs, alongside some other mods I had installed as well. Since including data for mods you don't have installed is harmless, I decided to pack it as well for those that may use the same mods. I ran some quick tests and the grey faces and seams seem to be completely gone. I think this is the good one, at least. Fingers crossed :angel:.

Also included is the tint fix plugin. It is NOT for regular use in the game, but if you intend to export FaceGen for Yiffy Age, you have to make sure you load both YiffyAgeConsolidated AND the tint patch for the CK to properly export the data. The plugin is included inside the "Optional" folder alongside the Meshes and Textures ones. If you use MO, it should automatically work with the "Optional .esp" window in the mod data. If you don't use MO, then you have to copy/move the plugin to the base Data folder whenever you need to use it and move/delete it afterwards (Basically same as with MO but you have to move the file manually rather than through MO's tool).

Sheesh, my eyes are crossing. Okay, great work, Blaze. I wonder if those vukasin heads are left over from when we have the mod--and when I rolled all the races into one esp, the form IDs changed and the old vukasin heads never got deleted. I haven't seen any bugged hyenas in game, though I haven't run all over the Reach yet.

I'll walk through the rest of your fixs and roll them into the mod.

Hey, all: I still would like to get some face paint/fur styles going that fits with furry races. If anybody has an artistic bent, or wants to point me at some art to use as models, that would be a beautiful thing.

@Blaze69 I tried the facegen plugin, as well as looked into the ones you put in. It got rid of the facepaints that i used to see on Noster One Eye, Vilkas and Aela (I usually refer to them when testing facegen) It's like I exported facegen without taking out the tintmasks first.

Wasn't that intentional? Didn't Blaze take the facepaints off to make the tints work? Now that he's figured out what's causing it, maybe we don't have to do that.

Incidentally, Imma fix Noster so he's actually one-eyed again. Turns out there were no one-eyed khajiits in game.

Wasn't that intentional? Didn't Blaze take the facepaints off to make the tints work? Now that he's figured out what's causing it, maybe we don't have to do that.

Well, yes; in theory, as long as the original color presets are restored for the SkinTone tint, you can still change all of the others into the Khajiir ones and it should still work. But that's not gonna happen. At least not from me. I don't want to hear the word "FaceGen" ever again, lol. What a PITA it was.

@Blaze, dude, you did that thing again where you modify the esp instead of making a patch. I love you like a brother but I'm not pulling in your changes without looking at them. Working through it now, but it's a good bit harder to find all the changed bits. I haven't yet figured out how to tell tes5edit that this form here is actually the override of that form there.

Edit: Actually there's a script for it Tes5Edit is cool.

As for the tints and facepaint, I care enough about the important NPCs having unique looks that I'll beat my head against it for a bit.

As for the tints and facepaint, I care enough about the important NPCs having unique looks that I'll beat my head against it for a bit.

How much has changed? Do only bretons need new facegen? Was thinking maybe using version 1.1 of YAOS for facegen exporting since it worked then, and 2.0 with Blaze's tint plugin for doing facegen for the bretons only.

Well, it is a start. Though it seems the issue with XPMSE is still there, even with your new version, Blaze. Not only that, some of the files seem to be packed twice, i.e the three female skeletons are in the meshes/actors/character assets female/ folder, and in the meshes/actors/character/character assets female/. Neither of them seemingly fixing the problem. Which seems to be only with the Khajiit female Skeleton, the Argonian female one is fine. 

post-62699-0-51773700-1486877503_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-99627200-1486877816_thumb.png

post-62699-0-44459600-1486877849_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-86675600-1486877870_thumb.png

Just random. 

@Blaze, dude, you did that thing again where you modify the esp instead of making a patch. I love you like a brother but I'm not pulling in your changes without looking at them. Working through it now, but it's a good bit harder to find all the changed bits. I haven't yet figured out how to tell tes5edit that this form here is actually the override of that form there.

Edit: Actually there's a script for it Tes5Edit is cool.

Yeah, sorry about that :s. I only realized it after I had done all of the edits and uploaded the plugin. I would have taken care of turning it into a patch if you wanted, but it's good to hear TES5Edit can take care of that. Still, if you have any problems with the plugin or anything, just let me know and I'll do my best  :shy:.

As for important NPCs, I though about creating custom appearances for them in RaceMenu and then saving the data to a .npc file to be loaded into the CK. Since RaceMenu also includes an option to export your character's head mesh and face tint just like the FaceGen for NPCs, but without the stupid 256x256 tint limit, we could skip the CK FaceGen altogether and just use RaceMenu's exported files; this in turn would allow us to use the hi-res Lykaios/Khajiit tints for a much better quality.

It would require manually creating and exporting the preset for each vanilla NPC you wanted to edit, and then you would also have to open YA in the CK and load and save the changes. But if you really want to give it a shot, I can guide you through the process.

How much has changed? Do only bretons need new facegen? Was thinking maybe using version 1.1 of YAOS for facegen exporting since it worked then, and 2.0 with Blaze's tint plugin for doing facegen for the bretons only.

Short version: everything has changed. Something like 90% of the NPCs had their tints wrong (for example, ALL of the game's Wood Elves were wrong). If you really want them to have face paints and the like, you would have to edit my Tint Fix plugin to add the Khajiit tints to all of the races and then use TES5Edit to restore the vanilla color list for the SkinTone tint. And then you would have to export FaceGen for ALL of the game's NPCs. All of them  :(. Honestly, I think the best option would be to do the RaceMenu trick I mentioned above just for very important NPCs. Just my two cents, though.

Well, it is a start. Though it seems the issue with XPMSE is still there, even with your new version, Blaze. Not only that, some of the files seem to be packed twice, i.e the three female skeletons are in the meshes/actors/character assets female/ folder, and in the meshes/actors/character/character assets female/. Neither of them seemingly fixing the problem. Which seems to be only with the Khajiit female Skeleton, the Argonian female one is fine. 

attachicon.gifAbandonedPrison.pngattachicon.gifAbandonedPrisonMCM.png

That's really weird. You say Argonians are fine, but Khajiit are not? They use the exact same skeleton file, I just duplicated the skeletonkhajiit_female file and renamed it to the Argonian one. Also I'm using a female Tiger character right now (which obviously uses the khajiit skeleton) and XPMSE works just fine on my end. Maybe you have some older files somewhere that are overwriting the skeletons from the XPMSE patch?

I'll check the patch again, but as I said, I'm pretty sure I properly packed everything, and it works fine on my end.

EDIT: Nope, the XPMSE patch is okay.

Check the size of whatever skeletonkhajiit_female file is loaded by the game (so the last one shown in MO's "Data" tab). The female XPMSE skeletons are 103 KB in size. If the one you see is 92 KB, then it means it's NOT XPMSE but rather XP32 instead, which in turn means either something went wrong when you installed the patch or there is an XP32 Yiffy Age skeleton file in another mod loaded after YA that is overwriting the XPMSE one.

Edited by Blaze69

I'm going to put up the rest of the fixes as 2.1, but not deal with the tints yet. The grey face doesn't bug me much on furries... they often have different colored heads anyway. Anybody who wants no gray faces and no facepaint can use your patch. Then I'm going to clean up hoodies, then I'll come back and see if I can figure out tints and roll the new hoodies back into YA.

The hoodies currently allow odd combinations--sheaths and slits on humans, for example. If I keep that it will probably run us over the 30 race limit. I can move the special races to the end--since you only get those by choosing them as your PC you can choose the schlong too and it's no real loss. Or I can keep the race-unique shapes. Any preferences?

What exactly *is* the khajiit skeleton bug, Kuroyami? The redguard in your screenshot looks fine. If it's just that the XMPMSE MCM menu is yelling at you, that's likely a version mismatch in the skeleton file. We need to re-download the current version and re-apply the digitigrade fixes. 

What exactly *is* the khajiit skeleton bug, Kuroyami? The redguard in your screenshot looks fine. If it's just that the XMPMSE MCM menu is yelling at you, that's likely a version mismatch in the skeleton file. We need to re-download the current version and re-apply the digitigrade fixes. 

Eh, it's actually a mistake on my part. I'm not sure why there are files for the Khajiit female skeleton in two different places, but it's likely the one I have not replaced yet, that is being used for the playable feline races, and thus the problem persists. 

Though the race is actually a Snow Elf/Snow Leopard, with Blaze's addon. 

Eh, it's actually a mistake on my part. I'm not sure why there are files for the Khajiit female skeleton in two different places, but it's likely the one I have not replaced yet, that is being used for the playable feline races, and thus the problem persists. 

Though the race is actually a Snow Elf/Snow Leopard, with Blaze's addon. 

I *think* the feline races use the skeleton in "Actors/Character/Character Assets Female" while Argonians and canines use their corresponding ones in "Actors/Character Assets Female" (notice the missing "character" subfolder). But I would have to check. In any case, the XPMSE 2.0 file I posted has the proper skeletons for all of the races in both paths just in case, so it should still work. And yeah, while you are playing as a Snow Leopard, they point to the same skeleton path as the other feline races.

EDIT: there have been no XPMSE skeleton version changes, we are still at 3.9*, so that's not the cause. There must be a XP32 YA skeleton file somewhere in Kuroyami's setup that is screwing things up.

Edited by Blaze69

I'm going to put up the rest of the fixes as 2.1, but not deal with the tints yet. The grey face doesn't bug me much on furries... they often have different colored heads anyway. Anybody who wants no gray faces and no facepaint can use your patch. Then I'm going to clean up hoodies, then I'll come back and see if I can figure out tints and roll the new hoodies back into YA.

The hoodies currently allow odd combinations--sheaths and slits on humans, for example. If I keep that it will probably run us over the 30 race limit. I can move the special races to the end--since you only get those by choosing them as your PC you can choose the schlong too and it's no real loss. Or I can keep the race-unique shapes. Any preferences?

Fair enough about the FaceGen. That way people can choose the option they prefer untill a "Proper skin tone + tints" version is done.

As for the Hoodies, I'm not sure I get it. Are you talking about the standalone Hoodies or the YA integrated version?

IMO, the YA version should stay as-is, at least as far as the Sheath and Female Sheath AddOns are concerned. The Slit, Orc, Female Orc and Human ones, on the other hand, have plenty of slots for new races on the "compatible" list, so you could work with them.

Also glad that dremora race is finally put in the compatible races for the sheath schlong. Unless there is no room, the afflicted race still needs to be put in.

Crap, you are right, they are missing from both the Sheath and the Female Sheath. But we can't add any other race, with the current ones and the extra vampire versions of the Dremora and Snow Elves from my plugin the count goes to 30.

BadDog, have you thought about removing the custom races from the list instead? I mean like Lykaios, Kygarra, and so on. Those are not used by any NPC whatsoever, and for player characters you can always assign it manually using SOS' MCM menu even if they are not in the "Compatible Races" list. Otherwise the Afflicted have to stay out, and while they are limited to their specific quest and some random encounters before/after it, they are a vanilla race and there is a relevant number of them.

Also, if you remove them, there will be 6 free slots, which can even be 8 if you remove werewolves (handled by MNC/SL Werewolves/Horny Werewolves anyway) and RabbitRace as well. The latter includes some NPCs as leftovers from the original race mod that would be left "schlong-less", but they can safely be swapped to use the vanilla Wood Elf race instead. Not only would it give them the schlongs back, but it would also help with mods that check for NPC races, because they would be properly recognized as vanilla "Wood Elves", which in the YA "lore"/world is what rabbits are (just as an example, if you use Soulgem Oven and stuff some of the female rabbit followers with gems, they will produce Wood Elf Milk instead of the generic version for custom races).

Ya, that's what I was suggesting above except to leave the mod races in the SOS lists at the end. Wouldn't make any practical difference except that if SOS lifts the limit in the future, we wouldn't have to worry. But since it's just the PC that's affected, there's no real need to have SOS assign the schlong.