I have to say, YA is heavy and when I have to host the server on Tamriel Online on my laptop, which is 8GB RAM, I have to use lowest possible settings and ENB to not crash after 2hrs of playing.

Do not tell me it's my graph, because I have 2GB VRAM on it, I know how computers work! ;_;

Even without any mods Skyrim will chew up almost 2GB of vRAM. And with them it will easily go over 3GB. Also, ENB is pretty much mandatory if you want to run Skyrim fully stable with mods due to the memory tweaks-which get around Skyrim's 32bit memory limitations.

Not really, with lots of mods installed it still runs pretty good on high w/o YA, just not ultra or High-Res DLC.

And it still can run no problem on 1GB VRAM, I have pretty wide knowledge on that, mostly either from friends or from school. I had to play on this for a month when my own graphics card got burned because of my PCI-Ex screwed up (so motherboard was changed as well...)

ENB is not mandatory but recommended.

Also, do you use any race overhauls like Imperious?

I pretty much only run crafting, alchemy and perk tree overhauls to smarten Skyrim up a bit, I prefer to not use race overhauls as they might negatively affect a custom race-most of which are balanced around vanilla races.

Its not the amount as over 2GB was free and everything still appeared to be overwriting correctly, so I'll just do a complete re-install of everything, install Realvision+its recommended mods, then I'll have another go at getting YA working-its what I initially did with the none consolidated versions of YA which had no problems. Maybe I can get Skyrim looking beautiful again as well (I was running at 1366x768 before BTW, which is why the scree shots looked bad).

I think you should still make the clean install just in case, but I have a question: does that "Black texture" bug happen all the time and with diffferent characters/races/clothes? Because there is another explanation for that bug that is not related to memory or RAM or system specs, but it would only happen in a specific set of conditions.

Basically, if the bug only happens with Kygarra females when wearing clothes and you are using the vanilla-style UNP Armor replacers by Exeter without Kendo2's patches, then I think I know what happened. If you don't meet this specific criteria, then the only explanation I can think of would be the lack of memory.

And yeah, now that you mention it, that's why I thought you were not running the game on Ultra. The resolution does make a huge difference, I see. Also ENBs. I'm running Rudy ENB with no noticeable performance impact (on my beefy rig, that is) and the visual improvement is so much than whenever I look at vanilla non-ENB Skyrim, I can't help but think "That looks like crap", lol  :s

BTW, isn't RealVision supposed to not be the best/most optimized ENB? That's what I heard, at least. I think you should give more up-to-date ENBs a try, it may help ease the load on your system, which is always good. Rudy is a great one IMO, you should try it out.

I think you should still make the clean install just in case, but I have a question: does that "Black texture" bug happen all the time and with diffferent characters/races/clothes? Because there is another explanation for that bug that is not related to memory or RAM or system specs, but it would only happen in a specific set of conditions.

Basically, if the bug only happens with Kygarra females when wearing clothes and you are using the vanilla-style UNP Armor replacers by Exeter without Kendo2's patches, then I think I know what happened. If you don't meet this specific criteria, then the only explanation I can think of would be the lack of memory.

And yeah, now that you mention it, that's why I thought you were not running the game on Ultra. The resolution does make a huge difference, I see. Also ENBs. I'm running Rudy ENB with no noticeable performance impact (on my beefy rig, that is) and the visual improvement is so much than whenever I look at vanilla non-ENB Skyrim, I can't help but think "That looks like crap", lol  :s

BTW, isn't RealVision supposed to not be the best/most optimized ENB? That's what I heard, at least. I think you should give more up-to-date ENBs a try, it may help ease the load on your system, which is always good. Rudy is a great one IMO, you should try it out.

The texture bug doesn't happen with other races, however in this iteration of YA the seams around the arms seem wider than the hands for all races. Edut: It happens without any armour replacers installed-and the one I use normally is "Remodeled Armor for UUNP BodySlide HDT"

And in the past I had no problems with Realvision (it runs a lot better than Vivid Weathers ENB), and Skyrim looked beautiful on my GTX 650ti 2GB@1080p (but I had 16GB of RAM back then). Now however it hammers my GTX 970-I'm seeing 100% load constantly, while Skyrim SE without ENB and 160 mods only runs below 60fps in some outdoor areas because 4GB of vRAM/3.5GB useable by Skyrim SE isn't enough-I'm lucky to see more than 60% GPU usage.

I might end up having to wait for SKSE64 to come out and just make do without LL mods-something is not right with my rigs and Skyrim. Previous mod load orders+settings which used to be perfect now run very poorly regardless of hardware.

Okay, peeps and pervs, release candidate 3 is up. The Kygarra armors are fixed and some other problems with the Kygarra and Kygarra Vampire races are fixed as well. The argonian textures are all fixed up for both vanilla and Drachis variants. There's still a honking big seam on the drachis wrists which I'll probably try to fix before finalizing this version. Also facegenned Sanguine, who was looking pretty sad. The dremora in general look awesome though:

post-441330-0-53806500-1486309620_thumb.jpg

I've been slowed down a bit because my machine has decided that in a bunch of my MO profiles it's just not going to show the Skyrim image. I can hear the music running, but the screen is just black. Go figure.

So I have a version of RaceCompatibility setup for Better Vampires. But this is the result. 

post-62699-0-74809900-1486364109_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-97320800-1486364153_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-10015600-1486364128_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-00558800-1486364175_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-89702100-1486364188_thumb.png

To start, the character did not get the base abilities that should be there, in the least, the Vampiric Drain spell. Sneak feeding on that Hunter did not change anything, in spite of the fact that it seemed to - i.e the message about being ranked a Vampire Fledgling, the red screen flash, etc. Also, it seems the feeding animations do not work either. 

Oh, and I did update YA to RC3, and I saw at least two issues - the Khajiit don't have the feet positioned correctly(i.e like it's using the base XPMSE skeleton for them, though I have YA and it's XPMSE patch after the base XPMSE mod - might have to check this though), and at least the Male Argonian's face looks a bit too shiny, in comparison to the body. 

So I have a version of RaceCompatibility setup for Better Vampires. But this is the result. [...]

To start, the character did not get the base abilities that should be there, in the least, the Vampiric Drain spell. Sneak feeding on that Hunter did not change anything, in spite of the fact that it seemed to - i.e the message about being ranked a Vampire Fledgling, the red screen flash, etc. Also, it seems the feeding animations do not work either. 

The RC2 and RC3 files still contain some leftover RaceCompatibility scripts and the main .esm file which seem to be outdated and break the vampirism quest, regardless of if you use Better Vampires/Sacrosanct or the vanilla system. BadDog will have to remove those leftover files before the next RC/final release, but in the meantime you can fix it by placing RaceCompatibility after Yiffy Age in MO's left pane so YA doesn't override the latest files from RaceCompatibility. (For those that don't use MO, you will have to reinstall RaceCompatibility after installing YA).

To be clear, the files that should be removed from the YA archive are the RaceCompatibility.esm, and these scripts: QF_VaalsarkVampController_03006E82.pex, VaalsarkVampController.pex and VaalsarkVampRefresh.pex

Edited by Blaze69

Dammit, I thought I got all the bad racecompatibility files out of there.

If I take the racecompatibility.esm out, that means racecompatibility is now a prerequisite, right?

And that damn version is a new download. I don't know how it can be wrong.

Dunno how the khajiit feet can be wrong, either. I haven't touched them and they look fine in my game. Or is it just the khajiit vampires?

Yeah, I just looked and I can't see a problem with the khajiit, vampire or regular. Double-check and see if you can pinpoint a problem. Delete those files Blaze mentioned and see if that fixes your vampire problem.

RC1 did have a problem with female kygarra using the vanilla skeleton. That was fixed.

Dammit, I thought I got all the bad racecompatibility files out of there.

If I take the racecompatibility.esm out, that means racecompatibility is now a prerequisite, right?

And that damn version is a new download. I don't know how it can be wrong.

Well, it has to be wrong. I tried comparing the RaceCompatibility.esm from your archive with the one I had just installed from the latest RC download, and yours is smaller and has an older file date, so that means it has to be an older version.

And yeah, it would make RC a requirement, but it is a requirement for most custom races anyway, so I don't see the problem there. You could pack the whole RC mod alongside Yiffy Age, as some other races like the Lykaios did, but you would have to be 100% sure you pack the files from the latest version and in a proper way.

The RC2 and RC3 files still contain some leftover RaceCompatibility scripts and the main .esm file which seem to be outdated and break the vampirism quest, regardless of if you use Better Vampires/Sacrosanct or the vanilla system. BadDog will have to remove those leftover files before the next RC/final release, but in the meantime you can fix it by placing RaceCompatibility after Yiffy Age in MO's left pane so YA doesn't override the latest files from RaceCompatibility. (For those that don't use MO, you will have to reinstall RaceCompatibility after installing YA).

To be clear, the files that should be removed from the YA archive are the RaceCompatibility.esm, and these scripts: QF_VaalsarkVampController_03006E82.pex, VaalsarkVampController.pex and VaalsarkVampRefresh.pex

Yeah, I have RC after YA already. Though it seems that one part of the issue, is that the USKP/USLEEP patch also edits the Vampire quest, and isn't compatible with Better Vampires - though I'm not sure if that patch is supposed to go before BV in the plugin list, or if it is even meant to be used if also using a Vampire Overhaul. Tried it again with the RC USKP/USLEEP patch disabled, and no changes. I did at least hide the RaceCompatibility.esm and the mentioned script files in YA.  

Fixed version here, calling it RC4, with the RaceCompatibility shit taken out. Thanks for testing these out, guys. Dunno why I'm having such a hard time getting it right.

From what I saw when I was looking at starting to create mods for Skyrim - you've done well to have very few problems with YA so far.

Yeah, I have RC after YA already. Though it seems that one part of the issue, is that the USKP/USLEEP patch also edits the Vampire quest, and isn't compatible with Better Vampires - though I'm not sure if that patch is supposed to go before BV in the plugin list, or if it is even meant to be used if also using a Vampire Overhaul. Tried it again with the RC USKP/USLEEP patch disabled, and no changes. I did at least hide the RaceCompatibility.esm and the mentioned script files in YA.

Well, I decided to do a Dawnguard vampire playthrough next, so I installed Better Vampires. I haven't done that much testing, but it seems to work fine for vanilla races at least.

(I tested Bretons and Nords, and they work fine; but I will probably test Snow Elves as well. I think I'm going to go for a Snow Leopard character this time instead of a hyena. They will have to wait for the next time).

Anyway, the vampire race swap works as intended both using Alternate Start's vampire options and the regular "Sanguinare Vampiris" disease. Also I was able to feed and advance vampire ranks just fine, and even turn other NPCs into vampires (the race swap didn't seem to trigger for NPCs even though they got the proper spells and effects, but that would be a bug with BV itself, not RC or YA).

Have you reinstalled RaceCompatibility making sure to pick the "Better Vampires" option? And are you sure you are loading RC after BV? RC's scripts have to override BV's ones for it to work properly. Maybe that's your problem.

Well, I decided to do a Dawnguard vampire playthrough next, so I installed Better Vampires. I haven't done that much testing, but it seems to work fine for vanilla races at least.

(I tested Bretons and Nords, and they work fine; but I will probably test Snow Elves as well. I think I'm going to go for a Snow Leopard character this time instead of a hyena. They will have to wait for the next time).

Anyway, the vampire race swap works as intended both using Alternate Start's vampire options and the regular "Sanguinare Vampiris" disease. Also I was able to feed and advance vampire ranks just fine, and even turn other NPCs into vampires (the race swap didn't seem to trigger for NPCs even though they got the proper spells and effects, but that would be a bug with BV itself, not RC or YA).

Have you reinstalled RaceCompatibility making sure to pick the "Better Vampires" option? And are you sure you are loading RC after BV? RC's scripts have to override BV's ones for it to work properly. Maybe that's your problem.

Yeah, the mod order should be fine, as BV is before Yiffy Age, and RC is after YA. Might be the order of the Plugins. 

But otherwise, I've mostly tried the Vamprism with Skyrim Unbound in this case - which seems to try to do a few things by itself, and this causes problems with other mods. Though usually it does not have any issues with Better Vampires. I'll probably go with LAL. 

That did it. The plugins loading like this(basically), works. I don't think using mods like LAL, Skyrim Unbound, etc, would be the cause of problems, so it's just the load order that matters. 

RaceCompatibility.esm

RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp

YiffyAgeConsolitated.esp

BetterVampires.esp

The only issue now is just the Khajiit skeleton. It is using the right .nif, only that one isn't working with XPMSE. 

I'm doing a breton hyena runthrough now:

attachicon.gifDelphine n me going to Kynesgrove.jpg

I think he likes her.

Hey, that's really nice. They look like quite the couple, I like that :P.

The problem with having so many diferent options for races is that choosing a single one for my next playthrough becomes really hard. Like, even after narrowing down the choices for this one, there's the Lykaios, which are nice 'cause I love wolves, and as a nice detail, they also have most of the game's headgear to match (nice work on that, BTW), increasing immersion and making things a bit better better. On the other hand, there's the hyenas, which I also love as well, and include a biology-friendly explanation for a female character actually having a schlong, which is a nice plus. And then there's the Snow Leopards, which... do I really need to list all the good reasons to play a Snow Leopard? Also got invested in the lore I came up with for them, and my mind is already working on creating some backstory for a possible character.

Ah, decisions, decisions...  :s.

That did it. The plugins loading like this(basically), works. I don't think using mods like LAL, Skyrim Unbound, etc, would be the cause of problems, so it's just the load order that matters. 

RaceCompatibility.esm

RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp

YiffyAgeConsolitated.esp

BetterVampires.esp

The only issue now is just the Khajiit skeleton. It is using the right .nif, only that one isn't working with XPMSE. 

I don't think the position of Yiffy Age is relevant to the order, it doesn't touch any of the stuff related to vampirism. Apart from that, yeah, RC has to be loaded before Better Vampires so BV's edits to the Vampire quest remain unaltered. But, that is only on the load order, because RC's scripts have to physically ("physically" here refering to "the files in the hard drive") overwrite BV's original ones. Quite the mess, lol. Good thing we have MO for that :shy:.

As for the Khajiit skeleton, the XPMSE patch needs to be updated. I'm sure BadDog will have it up once the new version is officially released. Which reminds me I also have to finish my Playable Races plugin for when that happens. Yay, more work  :s. Jk, I'll gladly do it, but I may take some time, 'cause right now I want to focus on actually playing the game instead of the CK, lol.

What's with the XPMSE skeleton? Is it just that XMPSE has been updated and my variant hasn't? Okay, I'll put that on the list. They were updating XMPSE every 45 minutes for a while there. 

It's a PITA to do. I've been playing with making nifskope spells, maybe I'll make one to digitify a skeleton. :-)

I've tried looking through this topic for someone else that has my problem, but I haven't seen anyone, so here is my question:

Is there a way for standalone followers to appear "normal" when using this mod?

What I mean is when I was using the Sofia follower mod, she was a freaky hybrid of human and animal. Her eyes and mouth were animal-like but floating in front of her face, also her feet were elongated but with human textures. I have tried moving the esp higher / lower in my load order but that didn't fix anything. I have since removed the Sofia mod from my game because she is just too scary in her current form.

Other then trying to add followers, the mod as a whole works great.

Do we still need to load the different patches (Interesting NPC, Inconsequential NPC, Drachis, WetnCold, XPMSE)?  The reason I ask is that if I try and use the patches from the downloads section, some of them say they require the individual race esp's to be present and complain that they are missing when I just have 2.0 RC3 (soon to be RC4).

Bah, humbug. The facegen files for those mods are rolled into the main mod, since they don't break anything if you don't have them. Drachis is just a texture, isn't it? The WetnCold mod and I think it's the inconsequential NPC mod are going to need to be remade to use the race files from YA.

Hmm. Why haven't I seen this? This is the config I'm running.

What's the best for lulz, if Sofia and Vilja are the only humans in Skyrim? Or if they're furry like the rest?

Sofia has special textures, so I have to choose. I'm sorta leaning towards the human option.

Well, I would choose "furry" for two reasons. First, if you want them to stay human, you would need to edit the plugins themselves to assign them unique human head parts, because even if you export their FaceGen with human eyes/head/mouth, since YA changes the .tris for the vanilla head parts they would just not morph at all due to the mesh/tri mismatch (so no expressions, no blinking, no moving their mouth, etc.). And second, because I prefer furries and that would actually give me a reason to try them out, lol :P.

Regardless of what you decide, I can do the required edits to furryfy them myself, so I'll be happy with any of the options. But since you mention Sofia's special textures, did you intend to create some new special furry textures to match, or just replace them with the current textures? I'm curious.