Hey BD, I've found a glitch with the argonian normals, i think.

post-248631-0-37596800-1484000480_thumb.png

I think the argonian foot normals are mirrored, which leads to incorrect lighting situations like in the image above.

The light is shining from the right.

See that the nord's feet are lit correctly, with the lit parts on the right sides of the model?

But the agonian's right foot is incorrectly lit from it's left side; the opposite side of the lighting's source.

this is with the latest consolidated 1.1. I'm not sure if you've uploaded any newer versions recently, but im using only the latest consolidated patch file.

Here's an image showing the problem more clearly:

post-248631-0-57752900-1484000518_thumb.png

The normals look correct when I look at them in photoshop, so maybe one of the feet is using the same UV maps as the other, thus selecting the same texture info and mirroring the lighting.

And on a side note, the speculars on Argonian males are different than vanilla, yet the head specular is still the same. Is this intended?

post-248631-0-32612000-1484000492_thumb.png < YAoS Specs

post-248631-0-05885700-1484000502_thumb.png < Vanilla Specs

Here's a look at the difference in the DDS's:

post-248631-0-08995400-1484001001_thumb.png

Left is YAoS, right is Vanilla

I have my own edit of the texture for a quick fix, if anybody wants it.

argonianmalebody_s.dds

That's funny because I can't even get argonians to not crash my game, which is sad because I want to play as one.

Well, Argonians work just fine in my setup, and it seems they also do so for most other users, so it must be something on your end. We would need more info about it, though.

BCAG?

Better Claws and Gauntlets. Can't post a link right now, but you can find it in the Nexus.

Hmm..would it be too late to ask for a smoother fur texture for these races, kind of like the feminine argonian/khajiit textures on the nexus?

Do you mean "smooth" as in "shorter fur" or as in "with human skin mixed in" like Feminine Khajiit? If you mean the former, you can get that effect by replacing the Snow Leopard normal maps with the Khajiit/Tiger ones, which already have shorter fur and a somewhat smooth (but still a bit furry) belly.

If you mean the latter, yes, that would require new textures. Personally I don't like those textures that randomly put human skin around the chest/privates for no reason whatsoever, but I guess other people may like them. Anyway, you would have to ask BadDog about that.

Hmm..would it be too late to ask for a smoother fur texture for these races, kind of like the feminine argonian/khajiit textures on the nexus?

Do you mean "smooth" as in "shorter fur" or as in "with human skin mixed in" like Feminine Khajiit? If you mean the former, you can get that effect by replacing the Snow Leopard normal maps with the Khajiit/Tiger ones, which already have shorter fur and a somewhat smooth (but still a bit furry) belly.

If you mean the latter, yes, that would require new textures. Personally I don't like those textures that randomly put human skin around the chest/privates for no reason whatsoever, but I guess other people may like them. Anyway, you would have to ask BadDog about that.

I think he means that he doesn't like the thick streaks of fur that looks obviously fake. In other words, not vanilla. New UVs, normal map, thinner or different style of fur streaks, and something high res at 4K. Also options downscaled from 4K. Just like "Feminine Khajiit," human skin parts aside. If not, then it does a pretty good job at covering them up because I can still see some of those thick streaks.

Bad Dog's textures looks good but seems to be using Vanilla. However, I understand that most people here like to keep vanilla compatibility. From an artist standpoint or just me, I go for the higher res or whatever looks best. So in other words, I tend to stay away from vanilla.

Rant:

Now that that I mentioned staying away from Vanilla, what is taking Tannin_42 and his Nexus team so long to release their new mod manager. The guy has his own team now, doing it full time, and has access to MO and NMM source code. Modded SSE just looks so much better and is more stable. They could at least release a beta already. I hate NMM as it is. Caused me many problems.

I think he means that he doesn't like the thick streaks of fur that looks obviously fake. In other words, not vanilla. New UVs, thinner or different style of fur streaks, and something high res at 4K. Also options downscaled from 4K. Just like "Feminine Khajiit," human skin parts aside. If not, then it does a pretty good job at covering them up because I can still see some of those thick streaks.

Bad Dog's textures looks good but seems to be using Vanilla. However, I understand that most people here like to keep vanilla compatibility. From an artist standpoint or just me, I go for the higher res or whatever looks best. So in other words, I tend to stay away from vanilla.

Now that that I mentioned staying away from Vanilla, what is taking Tannin_42 and his Nexus team so long to release their new mod manager. The guy has his own team now, doing it full time, and has access to MO and NMM source code. Modded SSE just looks so much better and is more stable. They could at least release a beta already. I hate NMM as it is. Caused me many problems.

Well, as far as I know, Feminine Khajiit does use vanilla Khajiit normals with the "fake fur streaks" as a base. The only actual edits done to them are the fixes for UNP (filling the gaps because vanilla and UNP UVs are close but not identical) and the human skin for the chest. The Grey Cat version also had the stripe detail added to the normal as well, but apart from that they are the same as vanilla textures.

Also, as I said, the Khajiit and Tiger textures from Yiffy Age are already smooth, with much less noticeable streaks and really thin fur on the chest, so replacing whichever textures you don't like with those is always an option. Having said that, my advice to anybody that may think like Taven is the same: speak to BadDog, since he would be the one to create new textures.

Also I hear you on that. The only reason I've not jumped to SSE (except for the lack of Yiffy Age and its requirements like SOS Full, that is), or at least I don't play it alongside Oldrim, is the lack of Mod Organizer or a similar tool. NMM may be fine for a few simple mods, but any actual attempt at modding shows NMM it's pure garbage. Let's just hope that new mod manager does come soon.  :-/

Well, as far as I know, Feminine Khajiit does use vanilla Khajiit normals with the "fake fur streaks" as a base. The only actual edits done to them are the fixes for UNP (filling the gaps because vanilla and UNP UVs are close but not identical) and the human skin for the chest. The Grey Cat version also had the stripe detail added to the normal as well, but apart from that they are the same as vanilla textures.

Also, as I said, the Khajiit and Tiger textures from Yiffy Age are already smooth, with much less noticeable streaks and really thin fur on the chest, so replacing whichever textures you don't like with those is always an option. Having said that, my advice to anybody that may think like Taven is the same: speak to BadDog, since he would be the one to create new textures.

Also I hear you on that. The only reason I've not jumped to SSE (except for the lack of Yiffy Age and its requirements like SOS Full, that is), or at least I don't play it alongside Oldrim, is the lack of Mod Organizer or a similar tool. NMM may be fine for a few simple mods, but any actual attempt at modding shows NMM it's pure garbage. Let's just hope that new mod manager does come soon.  :-/

Oh sorry. The tiger textures are smooth, but I was mostly referring to the last pictures he posted of the female khajiit snow leopard, but not sure if those are considered complete. I don't use YA so I guess I can't say much of what I see in game rather than what I see posted. As far as vanilla goes, "Feminine Khajiit does get rid of the biggest problem, which is the stomach, but are human textures though. Around the armpits, stomach, and thighs are the biggest problem I have with Vanilla or those that use the same normals. and I'm assuming that some of the stuff in YA were imported from other mods maybe only with some minor tweaks.

Probably won't do human skin mixed in, just lack of interest.

Trying to do a bunch of variants gets ery crazy very quickly. I'm already struggling with compleat, hoodies, unique, and yiffy age. The leopard normal isn't vanilla, it's unique to snow leopards and is intended to suggest the fluffy fur they have. If you don't like, copy over the other MSN as blaze said.

Not sure where Khajiit stand. I could make them smooth by default.... that's certainly my preference. Other races like lungaris I'll leave alone.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not hate it's just that MO is so much more functional for what I do. I have a million profiles, one for each mod I'm working on. I can switch on and off mods as I need to. It all just works.

Not only that NMM can't do that, it's possible to confuse NMM by installing mods and then removing them in an odd order. But for most things it's fine.

Huh, it seems to use modified Argonian heads with custom textures and such. I think I saw that mod before but I didn't actually check it out.

I guess it could be an option. Honestly, I prefer the current implementation with Dremora as horned (horny? :P) Panthers, just like vanilla Dremora are Dark Elves with black skin tones and horns, but that's just my opinion.

Perhaps Orcs then.

Got the time to actually download and take a look at the mod, and I think it's not worth using. The edited Argonian heads are actually set up as static "helmets", or at least it seems like so. Static head == not worth it IMO :s .

Leopards are up. I was using my old unique tiger mod to test them out, so I went ahead and put them up. They're already in YA as snow elves and will be in the next update. 

Thank you very much for that! Really loving them already.  :lol:

I'll probably wait for the YA update and my playable version untill I start my new playthrough, but it's great to be able to play with them, at least during whatever free time I get untill the update is out (still kinda busy with RL stuff, though not as much as last week). I thought of doing the playable Snow Elf race now and then merging YA's edits when you release the nex version, but it would probably be a little more difficult because I would have to duplicate the race changes to my vampire copy, so it's better to do it with the already-yiffyfied version. Shouldn't take much time once we get there, though, so there's that.

Dremora are probably going in as well, just for the sake of it (though as I said before, it's not exactly lore-breaking for a Dremora to freely roam around, so no problem there  :D). I think I may have found a way to keep the horns with all of the hair styles instead of having just a limited selection with the horn extra part added. I can use the "face hair" slider to give the horns as a "beard" part. In males it would make it impossible to have a beard unless you don't use horns or use one of the few horned hair styles, but I don't think it's that much of a problem. In females it should work flawlessly.

BTW, I decided to use the vanilla Khajiit head shape instead of the Lioness head from Catlike Khajiit for my new Leopard character, and I have to say I'm suprised with the result. I also used the .tri files from the "Morphs" download in SC - Khajiit Improvement, and it not only does it improve the overall Khajiit morphs/emotions, but it also adds at least three brand new shape options for nose, eyes and mouth, which help a lot in creating custom unique characters.

Also, have some bonus Leopard pics. I didn't have much time to work on this, so don't expect anything fancy. Just a quick showcase of what the lady snow leopards look like :P.

Have anyone idea for replacer for female clothing/armor with UNP? SOS Armor on males looking great and wish anything near like for female. Someone ideas?

Already discussed, and we came to the conclusion there isn't anything exactly like that.

Some of the armors from Remodeled Armors for UUNP do somewhat fit with the whole "protecting but revealing" theme the SOS armors have, like the Ivory/Ancient Falmer armor shown in my Snow Leopard pics, but unfortunately most of them are little more than just a "steel/elven/leather/whatever" bikini top and panty. Seriously, check out the Imperial Heavy Armor, it's just a steel bikini bra with pauldrons and a miniskirt covering a panty. "Heavy" armor, for sure  :dodgy:.

So, yeah, no luck. You can either go for a vanilla-style replacer or Remodeled for females, but there is nothing in between as of yet.