if you think there is an issue with DT2 and DCL it might help to send skyrimfet your papyrus log from savegames with the loop/unequipping bugs

that way we prevent blind guesses and help evolve the mod

(yes i like guesses and i am lazy too if it comes to log o.o, but thats the only way to be sure or help this awesome mod)

My savegames are normally around 7-11mb.

I am just providing feedback here, I don't ask for help, if a mod doesn't work for me I uninstall it.

I have had trouble with earlier versions of this mod causing corrupt savegames and lag. I got around these problems

by disabling all logging and debug options  in MCM for all mods that had it. This was the only way I could play the mod and it worked

usually until I reached max levels then things started to go wrong getting stuck in this pease wait loop.

My guess is that it conflicts with DCL  as that seems to have issues with unequippng devices which somehow triggers

the problem in this mod. Otherwise I think it is an excellent mod and I hope to see it fixed eventually.

Tweaking the scanning timings and range of any mods that rely on cloak spells would have had bigger impact on papyrus stress and latency.

i did a quick go on ultra speed to get training to 6 for everything to have a play with pony items, now when i take off devious boots it auto equips the pony boots and i cannot equip non-devious high heels, so wondering is there a setting that can give option not to auto-equip pony items? btw the pony boots are huge

i did a quick go on ultra speed to get training to 6 for everything to have a play with pony items, now when i take off devious boots it auto equips the pony boots and i cannot equip non-devious high heels, so wondering is there a setting that can give option not to auto-equip pony items? btw the pony boots are huge

if you want to wear another boots - you need to turn off arched feet -or-if you will try few time equip another boots then you will wear it a few sec.- in this time you need to open MCM and in boots section mark current boots as accepted boots (1+3 slots)(pick: name of boots) - i know - it's not perfect

if you think there is an issue with DT2 and DCL it might help to send skyrimfet your papyrus log from savegames with the loop/unequipping bugs

(yes i like guesses and i am lazy too if it comes to log o.o, but thats the only way to be sure or help this awesome mod)

loops happens very rarely and (important) are not endless (max 2times in cycle) - i still thinking how to do this part better. maybe timeout and temprotary calmdown event (1s) or something :) Maybe problem happens only as conflict with another mod? equip storm - my mod equip something then another mod react and equip something another  and then my mod equip something again etc... in this case i should add option to disable this feature...

loops happens very rarely and (important) are not endless (max 2times in cycle) - i still thinking how to do this part better. maybe timeout and temprotary calmdown event (1s) or something :) Maybe problem happens only as conflict with another mod? equip storm - my mod equip something then another mod react and equip something another  and then my mod equip something again etc... in this case i should add option to disable this feature...

Ok, I reinstalled DT2 and enabled logs, turned off DCL, played the mod, became ponygirl and shortly after the please wait loop happened again and got stuck.  Now I can't find the log files, where are they and what filenames do I look for?

Ok, I reinstalled DT2 and enabled logs, turned off DCL, played the mod, became ponygirl and shortly after the please wait loop happened again and got stuck.  Now I can't find the log files, where are they and what filenames do I look for?

Try:

\User*user account\My documents\My games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\Papyrus.0

Try:

Thanks but not there. Forgot to mention I am on Windows 10 64 bit.

UPDATE: oh wait, don't you have to edit skyrim.ini first? I normally don't fiddle with it so someone's gonna have to help me with that. :D

Try:

UPDATE: oh wait, don't you have to edit skyrim.ini first? I normally don't fiddle with it so someone's gonna have to help me with that. :D

legume has some nice info on his GitHub Page: https://github.com/DeviousFramework/SkyrimDeviousFramework/wiki/Things-I-Learned

i copied for you:

Sometimes it is necessary to get script and quest variables to mod authors. This can be a bit of an involved process but it helps diagnose problems greatly. There are four steps to getting this done:

1. Make sure Papyrus Logging is turned on. This is described in a number of places. An Internet search should provide you with instructions. Make sure your Skyrim.ini files has the following section:
[Papyrus]fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0bEnableLogging=1bEnableTrace=1bLoadDebugInformation=1

You Skyrim.ini file should be located in your Windows user's Documents directory under "My Games"\Skyrim or somewhere similar.

Try:

legume has some nice info on his GitHub Page: https://github.com/DeviousFramework/SkyrimDeviousFramework/wiki/Things-I-Learned

i copied for you:

Sometimes it is necessary to get script and quest variables to mod authors. This can be a bit of an involved process but it helps diagnose problems greatly. There are four steps to getting this done:

1. Make sure Papyrus Logging is turned on. This is described in a number of places. An Internet search should provide you with instructions. Make sure your Skyrim.ini files has the following section:
[Papyrus]fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0bEnableLogging=1bEnableTrace=1bLoadDebugInformation=1

You Skyrim.ini file should be located in your Windows user's Documents directory under "My Games"\Skyrim or somewhere similar.

Thank you.

I have DT reinstalled, logging enabled after editing skyrim.ini, ran the game got to level 3 training and the game crashed to desktop.

That hasn't happened before. No log was created anywhere in the game folders.

you will find the logs not in your skyrim game folder, but in your  "My Documents/My Games/Skyrim" folder

in your document folder you should see:

> logs > script > papyrus files *.log

> saves > savegamefiles *.ess and *skse

> skse

and there are too:

> skyrim.ini (you modified hopefully)

> skyrimprefs.ini

non of those files are directly in your game folder, they are all in documents

if your lost in your windows files you could search for the save game files and find the right folder that way

EDIT:

after reinstallation into a running game, did you put DT2 back on the same spot in your load order or at the end of your load order?

you use NMM or MO?

did you cleaned your save after removing DT2?

did you load the game with DT2 reinstalled -> saved -> reload the game? (best way to make sure the mod could load right)

I have DT reinstalled, logging enabled after editing skyrim.ini, ran the game got to level 3 training and the game crashed to desktop.

you will find the logs not in your skyrim game folder, but in your  "My Documents/My Games/Skyrim" folder

> skse

and there are too:

> skyrimprefs.ini

if your lost in your windows files you could search for the save game files and find the right folder that way

EDIT:

after reinstallation into a running game, did you put DT2 back on the same spot in your load order or at the end of your load order?

you use NMM or MO?

did you load the game with DT2 reinstalled -> saved -> reload the game? (best way to make sure the mod could load right)

Thanks once again for your help. The logs folder is where you say it is but is empty. I edited skyrim.ini but not skyrimprefs.

I use NMM and always load DT2 right after DCL. I have save cleaner but where DT2 is concerned I always go back to the last save before I installed it after removing the mod.

> skse

and there are too:

> skyrimprefs.ini

EDIT:

you use NMM or MO?

Thanks once again for your help. The logs folder is where you say it is but is empty. I edited skyrim.ini but not skyrimprefs.

I use NMM and always load DT2 right after DCL. I have save cleaner but where DT2 is concerned I always go back to the last save before I installed it after removing the mod.

thank you  that you have tried!

i blame the windows 10 gremlins for this once again ^^

sometimes its realy hard to help, cause every skyrim installation seems to be unique

what maybe a problem too with windows 10, is the folder and file permission

if you installed skyrim on your windows root harddisc (c: most of the time), mods in skyrim might not have the right to write files into documents

thats why its always good to do on windows 10:

-> install skyrim not into the folder program files

-> start NNM, FINS, Wryne Bash, LOOT with admistrator rights (maybe overkill thru sciolism ^^)

-> windows defender likes to interfere with mods (you can configure it so it doesnt interfere with folders and files you flag)

on the other hand, i have the same problem in skyrim if i let all mods write logs, it slows the game down a lot, because i have so many mods. the log file get so huge after 2-4 hour game that its hard to open notepad.

and for your game, if it doesnt run good (lots of CTD, frame drops), it helps to get ENBboost, if you dont have it already.

especially for windows 10, because skyrim uses directx9 and windows 10 doesnt support that, so your great hardware gets downgraded to a cheap laptop while playing skyrim, ENBboost helps a lot with that.

> skse

and there are too:

> skyrimprefs.ini

EDIT:

you use NMM or MO?

sometimes its realy hard to help, cause every skyrim installation seems to be unique

if you installed skyrim on your windows root harddisc (c: most of the time), mods in skyrim might not have the right to write files into documents

-> start NNM, FINS, Wryne Bash, LOOT with admistrator rights (maybe overkill thru sciolism ^^)

-> windows defender likes to interfere with mods (you can configure it so it doesnt interfere with folders and files you flag)

on the other hand, i have the same problem in skyrim if i let all mods write logs, it slows the game down a lot, because i have so many mods. the log file get so huge after 2-4 hour game that its hard to open notepad.

and for your game, if it doesnt run good (lots of CTD, frame drops), it helps to get ENBboost, if you dont have it already.

especially for windows 10, because skyrim uses directx9 and windows 10 doesnt support that, so your great hardware gets downgraded to a cheap laptop while playing skyrim, ENBboost helps a lot with that.

Lots of good advice there, thank you, I'm already playing on a cheap laptop but I'll give enb boost a try. lol

If you install skyrim outside of the program files folder you don't need to run as a administrator.  That can also make things worse if you don't also make SKSE, and Skyrim run as admin because something will be in the UAC virtualstore and other stuff will not.

especially for windows 10, because skyrim uses directx9 and windows 10 doesnt support that

If windows 10 didn't support DX9 the game would refuse to open at all.

If you install skyrim outside of the program files folder you don't need to run as a administrator.  That can also make things worse if you don't also make SKSE, and Skyrim run as admin because something will be in the UAC virtualstore and other stuff will not.

especially for windows 10, because skyrim uses directx9 and windows 10 doesnt support that

If windows 10 didn't support DX9 the game would refuse to open at all.

guess i wasnt specific enough:

-> run NMM as admin to install your mods if they are installed in program files, not needed if you just start the game

-> run FINS as admin always (unless your know what your doing like aim4it)

-> run wryne bash as admin if installed in program files for the bashed patch for example, not needed to start the game from wryne

-> run LOOT as admin if you installed your skyrim in program files

-> with "no support" i mean this issue: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4714530-windows-10-4gb-vram-limit/

means you have a VRAM Cap of 4GB with windows 10 you wont have with windows 7, thats why ENBboost is useful

was a bit sloppy again, thx for pointing that out

So... in the correct place. :lol:

"The cuff's jingle alarm is actually triggering city guards to attack the player."

if !aPlayer.GetCurrentLocation().HasKeyword ( pLocTypeHabitation ) && roll <= chance
    // do alarm
endif

or

if !aPlayer.GetCurrentLocation().HasKeywordInFormList( akKeywordFormList ) && roll <= chance
    // do alarm
endif

"The cuff's jingle alarm is actually triggering city guards to attack the player."

if !aPlayer.GetCurrentLocation().HasKeyword ( pLocTypeHabitation ) && roll <= chance
    // do alarm
endif

or

if !aPlayer.GetCurrentLocation().HasKeywordInFormList( akKeywordFormList ) && roll <= chance
    // do alarm
endif

but in spells script is one important condition, check (IsHostileToActor):

from file:DT2AlertEnemies

if actors[i].IsHostileToActor(akTarget) == true &&  actors[i].IsInCombat() == false
endif

it's means that You are not popular in location :)))

maybe better when i will additional check relationshipRank < 0

edit...

i will send today update 1.3.1 (let me know) :)

if actors[i].IsHostileToActor(akTarget) == true &&  actors[i].IsInCombat() == false && actors[i].GetRelationshipRank(akTarget) < -1

though i feel like a topic stalker already i just want to add to the hostile issue:

DT2 aggros the mini rats,skeevers,crabs from skytest via jiggle http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10175/?

this is only a problem for the mod combo: prison overhaul + DT2 + SkyTEST

skytest adds little critters in the sewerage under the prisons, they get aggroed by DT2, thus breaking the running PO scripts, because all guard NPCs get aggro too

didnt say anything till now,  cause i just uninstalled SkyTest and the issue was sloved.

but maybe if you change something in your aggro script it will help with that issue too :>

will give feedback after change

// do alarm
endif

or

// do alarm
endif

if actors[i].IsHostileToActor(akTarget) == true &&  actors[i].IsInCombat() == false
endif

edit...

if actors[i].IsHostileToActor(akTarget) == true &&  actors[i].IsInCombat() == false && actors[i].GetRelationshipRank(akTarget) < -1

Cool. If you can do something like the following I can test with different values.

if actors[i].IsHostileToActor(akTarget) == true &&  actors[i].IsInCombat() == false && actors[i].GetRelationshipRank(akTarget) < iRelationGlobal.GetValueInt()

// do alarm
endif

or

// do alarm
endif

endif

edit...

Cool. If you can do something like the following I can test with different values.

if actors[i].IsHostileToActor(akTarget) == true &&  actors[i].IsInCombat() == false && actors[i].GetRelationshipRank(akTarget) < iRelationGlobal.GetValueInt()

try first 1.3.1, this condition is in script

> skse

and there are too:

> skyrimprefs.ini

EDIT:

you use NMM or MO?

Lots of good advice there, thank you, I'm already playing on a cheap laptop but I'll give enb boost a try. lol

I have now tried running DT2 on my older desktop pc which runs vista and exactly the same problem has occurred with the log folder empty. I guess this means my skyrim isn't installed in the right location on my HD?

> skse

and there are too:

> skyrimprefs.ini

EDIT:

you use NMM or MO?

I have now tried running DT2 on my older desktop pc which runs vista and exactly the same problem has occurred with the log folder empty. I guess this means my skyrim isn't installed in the right location on my HD?

did You try google? im sure that issues with papyrus-logs are described many times in another topics. As i said - i will check logs but first i need to get them.