I've used Devious Training 1.3 for a while during one of my previous runs. I loved the boots and cuff effects. I did run into a lot of problems with the MCM (or maybe the mod as a whole) a lot, sometimes it appeared as if it uninstalled itself without me doing anything, resetting my settings in the process. 1.3 was a lot of a hassle and I eventually uninstalled it, started a new run and waited for 2.0 to come out.

Now I've given Devious Training 2.0 a brief testrun and I'm afraid I'm not gonna have it run during my next runs either:

• Several settings I really liked are now missing: Regression speed and "Keep speed/carry weight above X"
  • While there was, albeit somewhat confusing at times, explanation for most settings, this is missing right now and I often scratch my head with "So what does this setting do now?"
  • An issue I had with 1.3 too: Inexplicable bursts of speed, sometimes when I'm wearing items that slow me down (think boots and the hobble dresses from Cursed Loot), this mod seems to be giving me sudden, sporadic bursts of speed, making me go hilariously quickly sometimes (given my character can't separate their legs more than an inch at a time)

I really love the concept of the mod and the execution on some of them, there are currently too many little problems I have with it to have it run with the already large quantity of mods I have.

(Disclaimer: any of the above feedback is based on my own mod setup, comparing between before and after installation of this mod, which may or may not be causing some issues with the mod while the mod itself is not responsible for it.)

So, that's my feedback! Hope you find some use out of it. I'll be keeping my eye on this mod in case there's continued improvements. Don't be disencouraged, I've seen lots of other people find more enjoyment with the mod than I do. Good job, and keep it up!

Cleaned version of DeviousTraining.esp removing the dirty edit of zadQuest from DDI but you'll have to go back to a save before the update to 2.0 or you'll have to do a clean reinstall of DDI.

[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] ============================================================
[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] [Zad] (((ERROR))): Assets is undefined: You're probably running an out of date version of it. Please update Devious Devices - Assets to the latest version.
[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] ============================================================
[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] error: Cannot call GetVersion() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[zadQuest (1700F624)].zadbq00.VersionChecks() - "zadBQ00.psc" Line 250
	[zadQuest (1700F624)].zadbq00.Maintenance() - "zadBQ00.psc" Line 193
	[alias Player on quest zadQuest (1700F624)].zadPlayerScript.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "zadPlayerScript.psc" Line 14
[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp29"
stack:
	[alias Player on quest zadQuest (1700F624)].zadPlayerScript.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "zadPlayerScript.psc" Line 14
[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] [Zad]: assets version [0.000000]: UNINITIALIZED
[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] [Zad]: ZaZ Animation Pack version [610.000000]: OK
[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] error: Cannot call GetVersion() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[zadQuest (1700F624)].zadbq00.VersionChecks() - "zadBQ00.psc" Line 252
[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp30"
stack:

DeviousTraining.esp

Cleaned version of DeviousTraining.esp removing the dirty edit of zadQuest from DDI but you'll have to go back to a save before the update to 2.0 or you'll have to do a clean reinstall of DDI.

[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] [Zad] (((ERROR))): Assets is undefined: You're probably running an out of date version of it. Please update Devious Devices - Assets to the latest version.
stack:
[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp29"
stack:
[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] [Zad]: assets version [0.000000]: UNINITIALIZED
[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] [Zad]: ZaZ Animation Pack version [610.000000]: OK
stack:
[01/08/2017 - 02:28:58PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp30"
stack:

it's means that anyone who run version with "dirty edit" (2.0.0) should back to save without corrupted version of my mod or reinstall DDi?!

it's means that anyone who run version with "dirty edit" (2.0.0) should back to save without corrupted version of my mod or reinstall DDi?!

Or just go to a save prior to the update to 2.0.0 and use the cleaned version I've uploaded ( which is working pretty good btw ).

Unless that person is using the same version of DDI that you are using then they won't see a problem because the scripts are the same.

It's not something to really worry about. It's just one of those "well, shit. sorry folks" mistakes that happens to every modder. It's the reason why you test out updates on new characters and not your favorite. At least it's the reason why I test out updates on new characters because this isn't the first time this happened and it won't be the last.

This is also useful fixing broken saves.

Save game script cleaner [nexus]

usage - problem report

tried out version 2 on a new game

all seemed to work fine ... until I turned computer off due to rl stuff for a few days, upon returning I ran into a problem ... I could not load any save with

devious training in it from main menu (even the as-lal start cell save).  upon trying I would get the loading screen, then as soon as the load screen cleared

instant ctd.

starting a new game worked ... then I could load any other save and it would work fine.  to get into the game I would have to start a new game every single time

I exited to main menu (or desktop).

once in the game everything worked very nicely.

came here and discovered there might be a problem with it already discovered (and fixed) by jbezorg.  tried downloading that one and got the exact same results.

start a new game and everything works fine, load a save game from inside skyrim and everything works fine, load a save game (any save game) from main menu

with it active and instant ctd.

overall I really like the mod very much...but for some reason it will not work in my load order (attached).

edit

upon trying the jbezorg fixed version I did start a new game to test it so I could be sure I had a clean save that I was working with.

loadorder01092017.txt

usage - problem report

tried out version 2 on a new game

all seemed to work fine ... until I turned computer off due to rl stuff for a few days, upon returning I ran into a problem ... I could not load any save with

devious training in it from main menu (even the as-lal start cell save).  upon trying I would get the loading screen, then as soon as the load screen cleared

instant ctd.

starting a new game worked ... then I could load any other save and it would work fine.  to get into the game I would have to start a new game every single time

I exited to main menu (or desktop).

once in the game everything worked very nicely.

came here and discovered there might be a problem with it already discovered (and fixed) by jbezorg.  tried downloading that one and got the exact same results.

start a new game and everything works fine, load a save game from inside skyrim and everything works fine, load a save game (any save game) from main menu

with it active and instant ctd.

overall I really like the mod very much...but for some reason it will not work in my load order (attached).

edit

upon trying the jbezorg fixed version I did start a new game to test it so I could be sure I had a clean save that I was working with.

yes - i should write special note about potential problem to warn some people, users... i hope that it was last fault in story of this mod ;)

Or just go to a save prior to the update to 2.0.0 and use the cleaned version I've uploaded ( which is working pretty good btw ).

Unless that person is using the same version of DDI that you are using then they won't see a problem because the scripts are the same.

It's not something to really worry about. It's just one of those "well, shit. sorry folks" mistakes that happens to every modder. It's the reason why you test out updates on new characters and not your favorite. At least it's the reason why I test out updates on new characters because this isn't the first time this happened and it won't be the last.

This is also useful fixing broken saves.

Save game script cleaner [nexus]

ok, ok but we talking only about case when someone run version 2.0- not version 2.0.1 (that is avaliable in download section) - problem is only when someone run new game with DDi and my mod? my mod added/overlwrite files with wrong DDi version and that made corrupted installation? im almost 100% sure that version 2.0.1 is safe. can You confirm it?

so gloves is disabled for now?

for now - disabled - but i will add it soon :)

good news report (for me at least)

version 2.0.1 works and does not cause the ctd issue I was having previously.

I did have to start a new game (could not make it work by cleaning save game. I have to use resaver due to string limit being busted in as-lal start cell).....but it works.

due to trying to test another mod (stuff I have to do prior to testing it will take a day or 3) it will be a bit longer till I give it a real good run but so far in limited testing no issues.

thank you much for all the hard work.

awwwww, devious training 2.0.1. kills the armbinder animation of DD, means if my char ends up in a arminder the hands dont get bound on the back.

only the idle and walking animation stop working, all other armbinder animations run fine (running, jumping, sneaking, struggle).

i removed all mods in my load order that might cause this, but unfortunately only after removing DT201 the animation worked normal again

guess it has something to do with the stuff you and jbezorg is working on.

for now i have to remove DT201 but i hope you keep working on DT, i try the next update for sure.

as i wrote earlier i love your mod and hope you keep up the good work!

How often do you update waist and neck scale and what's the increment?

If you're updating using a loop I'd suggest accumulating a change then changing the scale in the OnLoad and OnCellLoad events. Generally people won't be able to pinpoint less than 5% change in body shape and these events should happen often enough that it should create an illusion of smooth progression. Both events also only fire when the object's 3D has fully loaded so it'll be safe to manipulate node scales. You'll get one twitch and it may even happen as the screen fades in from black and not be seen.

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=OnLoad_-_ObjectReference

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=OnCellLoad_-_ObjectReference

How often do you update waist and neck scale and what's the increment?

If you're updating using a loop I'd suggest accumulating a change then changing the scale in the OnLoad and OnCellLoad events. Generally people won't be able to pinpoint less than 5% change in body shape and these events should happen often enough that it should create an illusion of smooth progression. Both events also only fire when the object's 3D has fully loaded so it'll be safe to manipulate node scales. You'll get one twitch and it may even happen as the screen fades in from black and not be seen.

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=OnLoad_-_ObjectReference

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=OnCellLoad_-_ObjectReference

Maybe it's a good idea - now it's every 10s. (if old value is another that new)

- i will add Your idea as option :)

wow you made a fast update and i was quick to add the mod again,

first impession:

* health/stamina/magika damage is back and better, yehaaa >D

* rattling, hurt, breathing effects are well timed and you realy can feel the pain walking around in bondage like no other mod offers

(just missing the dark screen from heavy breathing that you implemented with DT 1.2)

* the new choices you offer to modify the mod in MCM are always welcome for possible mod compatibility, game performance and individual game experience

* i get the impression that with your mod the DDi dark fog looks better and is more punishing, maybe i am just exited?^^

* i miss the hurt sound if you lvl up, maybe it sound to brutal for some users, but still i was a good kind of lvl up message (and a scary one too)

* i get a slow effect in combat while in bondage (no not the evade skill) that looks awesome, is it from your mod? must be (or i got hit by a weapon debuff) o.O

* i dont have the head twitching anymore or at least i cant see it

* i get still the armbinder animation bug, hands not going back into the armbinder and the mod "armbinder with hands" fails to fire than the bug happend. all arminder animations work fine, only idle and walking fail to work (no hands, arms at side).

It only happens so far after:

-> Prison Overhaul, Patch 8m: after arrest and travel to prison and the traveling guard dies and the char gets free, debuffs from prison overhaul vanish, walking/idle arminder animation fail, arminder with hands mod fails, reload or save cleaning have no effect

-> Deviously Cursed Loot 5.8: if the quest "a small adventure in bondage" starts and the char gets teleported to the random starting location, while getting in to a lot of devious devices, the armbinder idle/walking animation fails, the mod armbinder with hands fails

new (after chaning load order, removing some WIP mods), its strange that devices that should not be affected by your mod yet have animation bugs, only always idle and walking, other animations work:

-> Deviously Cursed Loot 5.8: after tiggering DCL Trap, yoke gets fitted, yoke idle and walking animations fail

-> after DCL Rape event: yoke get equiped, yoke idle and walking animations fail

=> at this point i am not sure if its a compatibility issue with other mods, load order issue, bashed patch issue (arminder with hands mod is merged into bash patch), testing around a bit more, only thing i found out is that removing DT mod repairs the animation, but its a high price to pay :blush:

Hey skyrimfet,

first off all, very nice mod, I haven't played much with it yet, but from what I've seen, it could be a very nice mod and I really love the training aspect!

secondly, I would like to make a suggestion:

It would be cool, if the high heels of the mod you took the feet meshes from (High Heels), would be detected by this mod for training (they aren't apparently, probably because they are not devious devices), with variing degree of training progression, with how high the heels are (it would probably be even cooler, if you would also integrate the heels into your mod, if you got permission for that).

- low heels, easiest level for training, very slow progression, low risk of stumbling/falling, if training level is too low (with variing chance, depending on level)

- medium heels, medium level for training, slow progression, normal risk of stumbling/falling, if training level is too low (with variing chance, depending on level)

- high heels, high level for training, normal progression, high risk of stumbling/falling, if training level is too low (with variing chance, depending on level)

- ultra high heels, very high level for training, slightly faster progression, very high risk of stumbling/falling, if training level is too low (with variing chance, depending on level)

- ballet shoes, highest level for training, faster progression, highest risk of stumbling/falling, if training level is too low (with variing chance, depending on level)

forgive me, if part of that is already in your mod

last but not least, since it was mentioned earlier, with the updating, I would suggest to only update the scale, when necessary and on game load or similar.

Hi Skyrimfet, you built a great mod, I like it.

Have you ever thought about building an opposite to the training? For example the corset gets tighter with every triaining level and instead of getting buffs the tighter it gets you get debuffs the tighter it gets. The player is trapped in a corset that only gets tighter and you'll have to remove it before it gets so crushingly tight that you can't fight very well anymore.

Same could be done for a gag or a collar. The gag keeps getting bigger and the corset keeps getting taller. I don't know if the gag could be made bigger like the corset can be made tighter, but anyway, I think you get the idea :)

Keep up the great work!

Sorry If I am just being a dullard, but, in the pre-2.0 release you could see what level characters where in proficiency. Is this still available and where is it? 

no, not available - but i want to bring it back :)

Hi Skyrimfet, you built a great mod, I like it.

Have you ever thought about building an opposite to the training? For example the corset gets tighter with every triaining level and instead of getting buffs the tighter it gets you get debuffs the tighter it gets. The player is trapped in a corset that only gets tighter and you'll have to remove it before it gets so crushingly tight that you can't fight very well anymore.

Same could be done for a gag or a collar. The gag keeps getting bigger and the corset keeps getting taller. I don't know if the gag could be made bigger like the corset can be made tighter, but anyway, I think you get the idea :)

Keep up the great work!

I'm afraid that your Idea is in conflict with mod name :))) DDevices make game harder, block slot - no armor etc - my mod try to change it and give few profits for bondage lover/victim :)

hi skyrimfet,

devious training 2.2 works perfect,

you fixed all bugs reported in my previous post \o/

running around like hours with max devious devices on the DCL5.8 quest "bondage adventure" and no issues (at least non that arent wanted^^)

chain rattling attracts pretty much everything on the way through skyrim (with my settings >D)

thx! your mod has its old glory back and its getting better and better with the new sounds and effects =D

Good mod.

Skyrimfet, do you plan to do the effects for blindfolds, plugs and piercing?

Slightly hampered that mod spamming to console and papyrus-log even if debug disabled in MCM.

[01/27/2017 - 06:45:04PM] DT: Start process
[01/27/2017 - 06:45:08PM] DT: End process