Hulda said some guard dialog, wandering around the marketplace in Whiterun.

Thanks, I think that particular issue was fixed in the latest version....unless you're using the latest version :)

Hulda said some guard dialog, wandering around the marketplace in Whiterun.

Thanks, I think that particular issue was fixed in the latest version....unless you're using the latest version :)

I am. I had just updated.

Darn it :) 

I was sneaking inside someones house and noticed even when a NPC is supposedly sleeping they will still make comments ^^

Ha, that's weird....I just assumed that if someone was asleep then they would not talk. I didn't see any vanilla comments using a IsSleeping check  :dodgy:  

Im actually getting follower dialogue with some normal npc's just a heads up =)

Great mod btw can't play without it!

Thanks, will have a look in to that one too :)

I was sneaking inside someones house and noticed even when a NPC is supposedly sleeping they will still make comments ^^

Ha, that's weird....I just assumed that if someone was asleep then they would not talk. I didn't see any vanilla comments using a IsSleeping check  :dodgy:  

lol xD skyrim is weird like that when I first went into the house they were just going to bed but continued talking so i was ok :D

lol xD skyrim is weird like that when I first went into the house they were just going to bed but continued talking so i was ok :D

I'm putting it down to Skyrim simulating sleep talking :)

For the follower comments are people using any follower manager mods like EFF or AFT?

I am testing it out with vanilla and aren't talkative when actively follower, but will have dialog when dismissed (I think they are NPC dialog also).

For the follower comments are people using any follower manager mods like EFF or AFT?

I am testing it out with vanilla and aren't talkative when actively follower, but will have dialog when dismissed (I think they are NPC dialog also).

That could be it. When I made Reward Your Followers I used the CurrentFollower faction, but that led to incompatibilities with follower overhaul mods. GetPlayerTeammate (I think that's the condition - could be isplayerteammate or getisplayerteammate or something like that, I can't remember off the top of my head) is more generic and works better with mods like EFF or UFO.

If the follower dialogue is using the CurrentFollower or PotentialFollower faction, it will exclude active followers if you're using a follower overhaul mod.

MixedupJim ... Just a minor bug, the horse from convinient horses talked and called me a slut because i was wearing a slave collar.

wait the horse said that?! Well the horse is a smart animal you might be a slut.

MixedupJim ... Just a minor bug, the horse from convinient horses talked and called me a slut because i was wearing a slave collar.

wait the horse said that?! Well the horse is a smart animal you might be a slut.

I forgot about that. Convenient Horses introduces the potential for creatures to exhibit these hello dialogues.

Birds of Skyrim will probably do the same thing, actually.

The only way to fix it is to hedge the quest (or individual comments) with a whole bunch of conditions - like only allowing for each of the ten races and ten vampire races, plus whatever weird races some unique NPCs have (there are a few IIRC that use the fox race for example), and then you've still got problems with your dialogue not showing up for custom playable races.

It's almost easier to just slap a note on the mod saying "incompatible with Convenient Horses and Birds of Skyrim." For me, anyway. ;)

I'm using EFF simply because it works great never had any problems and it doesn't try to leave a book in breezehome which is heavily modded for just about anyone playing skyrim by now.

Mistwatch bandits trying to tell my character about paying them well while totally undetected and sneaking up on them.

Ha, that's awesome! Actually I think I may have found the issue. I had an OR statement on the follower dialogue that was in the wrong place and essentially made it possible for everyone to speak their lines.

High MixedupJim I just love these comments :D

Hilarious. I wouldn't even call that a bug, that's unexpected entertainment.

I love it when unexpected things like that happen...but I think it should be fixed in the next update :) Although, maybe their should be dialogue for animals...? :P

I am using one of those mods myself...can't remember which one, think it is AFT and my followers seem to be talking ok, but it is quite possible they might cause a conflict.

That could be it. When I made Reward Your Followers I used the CurrentFollower faction, but that led to incompatibilities with follower overhaul mods. GetPlayerTeammate (I think that's the condition - could be isplayerteammate or getisplayerteammate or something like that, I can't remember off the top of my head) is more generic and works better with mods like EFF or UFO.

If the follower dialogue is using the CurrentFollower or PotentialFollower faction, it will exclude active followers if you're using a follower overhaul mod.

Ah, I am using the CurrentFollower faction...I'll have a look and update to the playerteammate condition. Thanks for letting me know :)

I forgot about that. Convenient Horses introduces the potential for creatures to exhibit these hello dialogues.

Birds of Skyrim will probably do the same thing, actually.

The only way to fix it is to hedge the quest (or individual comments) with a whole bunch of conditions - like only allowing for each of the ten races and ten vampire races, plus whatever weird races some unique NPCs have (there are a few IIRC that use the fox race for example), and then you've still got problems with your dialogue not showing up for custom playable races.

It's almost easier to just slap a note on the mod saying "incompatible with Convenient Horses and Birds of Skyrim." For me, anyway. ;)

I think only dialogue for general NPCs  (hellos, knockover and bump dialogue) would be effected by this as everything else is being filtered by faction (unless you can get bandit horses?) so shouldn't be too much work to filter it down a bit more.

I'm using EFF simply because it works great never had any problems and it doesn't try to leave a book in breezehome which is heavily modded for just about anyone playing skyrim by now.

Mistwatch bandits trying to tell my character about paying them well while totally undetected and sneaking up on them.

Add Immersive Horses mod to that list too, because I am fairly sure that a horse said something to my PC from this mod, it was pretty hilarious so I didn't really paid much attention to it xD

I am also getting Guard dialogs from Hulda, and also from Danica Pure-Spring with 0.75 - assuming you're still collecting these.

Thanks again.

I'm hoping all these will be fixed in the next update which I should be uploading very shortly :)

Not sure if there are these lines, but it'd be cool if there were specific types for falmer, vampire, forsworn, etc. Falmer mainly because of mods like Things in the Dark that have racial guards and the default guard lines being slightly inappropriate.

Not sure if there are these lines, but it'd be cool if there were specific types for falmer, vampire, forsworn, etc. Falmer mainly because of mods like Things in the Dark that have racial guards and the default guard lines being slightly inappropriate.

There are lines about some of the creatures of skyrim, but nothing specific for falmers to say.

What did you have in mind for them saying?

There are lines about some of the creatures of skyrim, but nothing specific for falmers to say.

What did you have in mind for them saying?

For specific lines I'll have to get back to you on that, but I remember it wasn't so much of what I wanted the falmers to say versus what I didn't want them to say due to the Things in the Dark mod which is kinda unfair to you since it's just a mod. I'll try to find a list soon though.

In general I think those types I mentioned would work with additional lines that treat the PC like live stock as well, and less "gonna rape you in the dungeon" kinda thing. Forsworn and Falmer generally don't even have dungeons right? Just caves. Well Forsworn can get all sacrificial tribal too. And Giants would have lines that are primitive (don't know any mods but you can use EFF and other mods to recruit giants can't you?).

It'd also be really cool to have racial specifics, like how the Nords would be even more vulgar and aggressive towards Dunmer and such. Just food for thought in preparing more bullet point options instead of individual lines.

I downloaded the latest version and installed it using MO on my existing save.  My PC is now standing in the Bannered Mare, and Hulda is directing a constant stream of comments from this mod at her.  Is there a way to set the frequency of these comments so they don't happen so often?  Other than turning them off via the existing MCM?  Thanks.

Just noticed my previous post was worded terribly lol

Gave it a go a few more tries. Follower dialog are still not working out when follower are actively following.

Tried it with vanilla, AFT, and EFF each starting with a new game with alternate start to spawn in an inn, don't really notice a difference in behavior between them.

Tried vanilla followers and a few custom followers.

Vanilla, tried with Belrand and Jenassa they both have the modded NPC dialog when not actively following, but they generally stop having any modded dialog when they start following. I kept talking to them and running into them, still nothing (Jenassa's vanilla dialogs are way too long so I switch to Belrand eventually :P ). I said generally because for some reason right after a load from fast traveling they might get in one modded NPC dialog in before going back to their boring old selves again.

Custom followers are divided into two camps from the ones I tested, they either 1) behaves just like vanilla follower; modded NPC dialog when inactive, no modded at all when active. Or 2) no modded dialog at all regardless.

The only time it seems like a follower dialog is spoken seems to come from a nearby NPC, (inn keeper? but could be confirmation bias since I test mostly near inns) and it usually happens when I just recruited a follower and one line just sort of slip by, but can't trigger it reliably. Strangely enough it is usually the "share loot fairly..." line, but I keep PC naked throughout the entire time in attempt to bait out the "put cloths back on..." line from follower.

Also ran over to Dustman's Cairn a few times to see if I can get dungeon specific dialog, but no success.

I think I should have disabled mods that mess around with follower status, the only ones that I can think of that might affect it would be the unofficial patch or sexlab solutions. I am now wondering if it is some mods that I am missing that others have.

Can you make it to where sometimes a guard, jarl, or innkeeper(male ones only) will demand sex from you or the new innkeepers will report you to the guards and/or rape you, and the guards will take you to the jarl, and fan grape you?

I will be adding some interactions at some point....but check out Deviously Cursed Loot, it does a few of the things you ask.

For specific lines I'll have to get back to you on that, but I remember it wasn't so much of what I wanted the falmers to say versus what I didn't want them to say due to the Things in the Dark mod which is kinda unfair to you since it's just a mod. I'll try to find a list soon though.

In general I think those types I mentioned would work with additional lines that treat the PC like live stock as well, and less "gonna rape you in the dungeon" kinda thing. Forsworn and Falmer generally don't even have dungeons right? Just caves. Well Forsworn can get all sacrificial tribal too. And Giants would have lines that are primitive (don't know any mods but you can use EFF and other mods to recruit giants can't you?).

It'd also be really cool to have racial specifics, like how the Nords would be even more vulgar and aggressive towards Dunmer and such. Just food for thought in preparing more bullet point options instead of individual lines.

Certainly Vampires and Forsworn comments would be a good idea....not sure if Falmers can speak. :)

I downloaded the latest version and installed it using MO on my existing save.  My PC is now standing in the Bannered Mare, and Hulda is directing a constant stream of comments from this mod at her.  Is there a way to set the frequency of these comments so they don't happen so often?  Other than turning them off via the existing MCM?  Thanks.

I'm hoping I've solved that with the latest version just uploaded, seems IDLE comments can just trigger over and over again!

Just noticed my previous post was worded terribly lol

Gave it a go a few more tries. Follower dialog are still not working out when follower are actively following.

Tried it with vanilla, AFT, and EFF each starting with a new game with alternate start to spawn in an inn, don't really notice a difference in behavior between them.

Tried vanilla followers and a few custom followers.

Vanilla, tried with Belrand and Jenassa they both have the modded NPC dialog when not actively following, but they generally stop having any modded dialog when they start following. I kept talking to them and running into them, still nothing (Jenassa's vanilla dialogs are way too long so I switch to Belrand eventually :P ). I said generally because for some reason right after a load from fast traveling they might get in one modded NPC dialog in before going back to their boring old selves again.

Custom followers are divided into two camps from the ones I tested, they either 1) behaves just like vanilla follower; modded NPC dialog when inactive, no modded at all when active. Or 2) no modded dialog at all regardless.

The only time it seems like a follower dialog is spoken seems to come from a nearby NPC, (inn keeper? but could be confirmation bias since I test mostly near inns) and it usually happens when I just recruited a follower and one line just sort of slip by, but can't trigger it reliably. Strangely enough it is usually the "share loot fairly..." line, but I keep PC naked throughout the entire time in attempt to bait out the "put cloths back on..." line from follower.

Also ran over to Dustman's Cairn a few times to see if I can get dungeon specific dialog, but no success.

I think I should have disabled mods that mess around with follower status, the only ones that I can think of that might affect it would be the unofficial patch or sexlab solutions. I am now wondering if it is some mods that I am missing that others have.

I use AFT with no issues so far. It is possible other mods are causing some problems. Followers will only make comments approximately once per 1 hour of in game time.

Custom followers may also have issues...hard to say what people might have done to their factions etc.