One thing, I don't think you need to check to see if the guard is a playable race. Just the player.

But that doesn't seem like it would be causing the problem, it's just an irrelevant nitpick...

I guess you could try GuardDialogueFaction instead of IsGuardFaction. Looks like there are a lot more members in GuardDialogueFaction (786 instead of 493 for IsGuardFaction).

But even then I don't know if that would solve the problem, since it looks like IsGuardFaction already contains most of the same entries.

I dunno...

I'm checking to see if the NPC is in the "IsGuardFaction" OR "DA02GuardFaction" OR "GuardDialogueFaction".

Being in any of those 3 factions should cause the dialogue to be added to their "HELLO" dialogue pool so I'm really at a loss as to why it isn't working for some people. The only thing I could think of is some mod that has modified guards and their factions.

------------

I've just uploaded a new version that removes the requirements to have all the DLC. Also adds some new dialogue and fixes a couple of spelling mistakes that I found.

I'm now going to start adding some actual events to the mod. There will be options in the MCM to turn them on and off separately from the dialogue. So you could have just dialogue, just events, or both.

Events will be things like

- Guards doing a strip search on the player - especially at night

- Guards forcing the player into sexual acts (only at night)

- Guards mistaking the player for a criminal and punishing them

- Companions forcing devious devices on to the player

etc 

etc

I'm checking to see if the NPC is in the "IsGuardFaction" OR "DA02GuardFaction" OR "GuardDialogueFaction".

Sorry, I was looking at an older version that only checked IsGuardFaction. My bad.  :(

The only other difference I can see (in 5b) between Guard dialogues and other dialogues (such as beggars) is the Use Subtitle flag. But IIRC that shouldn't cause a problem either.

You've started adding faction checks? It would be so cool if there were more.

Yes indeed, and there will be :)

Will updating this mod break previous saves with old versions? Wondering if I should hold off on trying out the update and wait for a new character to use it.

This mod is pretty lite. You should be able to install it and uninstall it at anytime as it doesn't modify anything.

Dunno if anyone has reported this, if so please ignore this post.

If the player becomes a vampire all dialogue ceases from this mod.

Hmm..strange as I'm not excluding vampires although it could be that something strange happens with vampires not being detected as a playable race (even though they are), as I do check that.

--------------

Just uploaded an add on which adds followers comments for Devious Devices...very much a work in progress but feel free to try it out. You'll need devious devices integration and all other dependencies. There's not MCM but the quest should fire straight away and you should find followers and potential followers will now make comments based upon any devious devices your character has equipped.

Stupid question, but this mod only activates if the player is female, right?

Because I play with characters of both genders, depending on my mood.

I'm not doing any specific gender checks on the player character, but it assumes your character is female.

Is there a way to add comments specifically when after you defeat a dragon?

I'm not sure...I would assume there is a way as the guards make comments once the 1st dragon is killed. I'm guessing, but it might only work on set piece dragons rather than dragons that spawn randomly.

What comments did you have in mind?

I like this mod a lot, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where it goes in the future. Especially the events and stuff you've got planned.

I just wish the guards wouldn't call me a skooma whore quite so often. Don't get me wrong, my character IS a whore, but she keeps herself drug free.

I don't think I've added any skooma related comments. They might be coming from mods such as Skooma Whore if you have them installed :)

I'm not doing any specific gender checks on the player character, but it assumes your character is female.

I started new game with it, enabled and disabled some comments in MCM

Now I enabled all options, but all npcs are silent to me when I pass by them.

They comment to me if I try to talk with them. Anyone knows the reason?

Did the comments work before you re-enabled all options?

You could try saving and then restarting skyrim, sometime that will fix any missing .SEQ files which are needed for the new comments to occur.

Do you use any mods that alter the player race?

I started new game with it, enabled and disabled some comments in MCM

Now I enabled all options, but all npcs are silent to me when I pass by them.

They comment to me if I try to talk with them. Anyone knows the reason?

Did the comments work before you re-enabled all options?

You could try saving and then restarting skyrim, sometime that will fix any missing .SEQ files which are needed for the new comments to occur.

Do you use any mods that alter the player race?

Never worked. So I turn back to older saved files. Now I uninstall this mod and try to install again. 

Just wanted to say that this is a great mod and I'm very much looking forward to the events you're planning to add. Thanks for your work!

Thanks for your feed back. It's always nice to hear that people are enjoying the mod :)

Never worked. So I turn back to older saved files. Now I uninstall this mod and try to install again. 

Hmmm...that is very odd. When you turned the dialogue on/off did you see the notifcations telling you the quests were stopping/starting? Best way to see them is to switch a dialogue set off, exit MCM quickly and you should see a notification at the top of the screen informing you the quest has been stopped.

If you're not seeing those then something is definitely not working right.

-----------------

New version up for the SexistGuards.esp

I've focused mainly on follower idle comments (although there are also some guard, NPC and bandit idle comments) to try and make them a bit more interesting. I tend to travel on my own in Skyrim because followers are just so boring. Now, though, they will make comments based upon the environment that they are in. Expect them to warn you about what a Draugr might do to you should you be taken alive etc. or their own personal fear of Trolls. Hopefully that will start to make them a little more interesting.

I play as a vampire, and I have not heard any of the guards or any other npc say anything from this mod.  All expect Belethor, he is the only one who says new comments.  Hope that helps you a little to uncover the vampire issue.

I play as a vampire, and I have not heard any of the guards or any other npc say anything from this mod.  All expect Belethor, he is the only one who says new comments.  Hope that helps you a little to uncover the vampire issue.

See below :)

IIRC vampire races aren't playable. I think the "playable" flag is only so that the race can appear during character creation, it doesn't actually have anything to do with playability - so a race check for playable races would fail on vampires.

Ooooh...in that case I know the problem....just uploaded the a new version. I've removed the check on the player character to see if they are a playable race. That should fix issues with vampires (and i guess werewolves) and any other custom races.

As idea comments, it could be nice to hear somes npc, guard or whoever mocking the female player saying something like"hey honey ,your armor isn't too heavy for you?" or "be carefull with this sword sweetheart you will break your nail" 

It's just suggestion of course  :).

As idea comments, it could be nice to hear somes npc, guard or whoever mocking the female player saying something like"hey honey ,your armor isn't too heavy for you?" or "be carefull with this sword sweetheart you will break your nail" 

It's just suggestion of course  :).

I do have a couple of guard phrases similar to those...but i'll add them in as well :)

Thank you for working Jim.

I have a question.

Is the issue that guards dont say comments fixed?

I'm honestly not sure. I've removed a check to see if the player character is a playable race which would cause problems with vampires (and maybe other non standard races)

I'm not sure what else could be causing the issue.

For me, the guards work fine and I'm playing as a female nord. However, my followers are currently refusing to say any of the new lines I've added. I'm not sure if they just haven't come around yet or whether there is something else causing an issue.

Thank you for working Jim.

I have a question.

Is the issue that guards dont say comments fixed?

I'm honestly not sure. I've removed a check to see if the player character is a playable race which would cause problems with vampires (and maybe other non standard races)

I'm not sure what else could be causing the issue.

For me, the guards work fine and I'm playing as a female nord. However, my followers are currently refusing to say any of the new lines I've added. I'm not sure if they just haven't come around yet or whether there is something else causing an issue.

My character is a nord female too, but guards don't say any comments.

Perhaps it conflicts with mods touching guard NPCs like PrisonOverhaul_V033.