I don't know which update added follower home dialog, but I've been really enjoying that.

Glad you like it :) Just trying to make followers more interesting to have with you rather than just as a body guard.

How about spouse-specific dialog? Would that be terribly difficult to implement?

Hadn't thought of that...will see if I can add something :)

This mod is fantastic! 

Thank you mod author <3

Especially liked that line: "Get raped a lot? You'll get used to it."  :lol:

:D There are a few other "gems" in there too. I sometimes forget what I've written and chuckle to myself when the dialogue comes up unexpectedly!

I'm not sure if it is late for troubleshooting, I'm using 0.77 for now, and npcs will give comments for female pc regardless of my pc gender, for example,when I use a male orc, Guldur in riverwood just says something like "move on, girl" .

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29148/?

This mod assumes your character is female :)

Oh...thx m8,I was confused when I started to use 0.77 thinking it was my armor causing them assuming my pc female XD

You can use TESVTranslator to easily change the dialogue to fit your male character if you would like.

.....Yeah can you explain how to do that

I'm not sure if it is late for troubleshooting, I'm using 0.77 for now, and npcs will give comments for female pc regardless of my pc gender, for example,when I use a male orc, Guldur in riverwood just says something like "move on, girl" .

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29148/?

This mod assumes your character is female :)

Oh...thx m8,I was confused when I started to use 0.77 thinking it was my armor causing them assuming my pc female XD

You can use TESVTranslator to easily change the dialogue to fit your male character if you would like.

.....Yeah can you explain how to do that

Open up TESVTranslator

Click File>Load ESP/ESM

Navigate and load SexistGuards.esp

Navigate to the ILSTRINGS Tab

Now you should see all the dialogue added by this mod double click on whichever one you want to change it how you want and click OK in the translated tab you will see the change and obvioiusly the Original tab will have the old dialogue that you changed.

Once you've done you changes go to file and export ESP/ESM

There is also a filter you can use to filter out words for instance if you're making changes for a male character you want to filter the words: Woman, girl, tits etc etc. and when you're playing your game after said changes if you catch another dialogue that needs changing write it down and use the filter to find the exact dialogue it really is easy.

Now say this mod updates then you can export the strings and then reload them into the new mod only overwriting the strings you changed.

Mess around with the follower aspect of the mod a little more wondering if others are seeing some similar results:

1. Specific dialog regarding PC being naked seems to not trigger. (changing the condition from check on target to check on player seems to fix it?)

2. Digging through some of the conditions it seems like there are some dialog meant for male follower, but still get spoken by female follower. Specifically the "don't break your heel...," "getting hands dirty...," "dirt on face..." lines?

3. There seems to be a category of dialog with conditions which check for female follower being naked, but PC is clothed. The PC part isn't really enforced...although the lines still work out quite nicely :P

Mess around with the follower aspect of the mod a little more wondering if others are seeing some similar results:

1. Specific dialog regarding PC being naked seems to not trigger. (changing the condition from check on target to check on player seems to fix it?)

2. Digging through some of the conditions it seems like there are some dialog meant for male follower, but still get spoken by female follower. Specifically the "don't break your heel...," "getting hands dirty...," "dirt on face..." lines?

3. There seems to be a category of dialog with conditions which check for female follower being naked, but PC is clothed. The PC part isn't really enforced...although the lines still work out quite nicely :P

1. Good suggestions....I'll try replacing with target with player (although I was hoping that NPCs saying HELLO to other NPCs would then make use of the target check rather than forcing a player check).

2. Will check the don't break a nail etc dialogue...should only be spoken by male NPCs

3. Will have a look...maybe don't even need to check the player for those.

-----------------------------

I've changed a couple of the OR statements which I think were incorrect which should fix most of the issues above. Certainly it effect points 2 & 3.

Will see if it also fixes point 1....otherwise I might have to force a player check :(

I now see the standard (non Devious Devices) version complete. I can't think of any other comments or situations right now...this might change in future, but at the moment I am now going to work on the Devious Devices part of the mod. I will be combining it into a stand alone .esp so that it doesn't take up 2 mod slots. It will also include events as the Devious Devices lend themselves perfectly to people either taking advantage of the player or helping them out. :)

Is that can add some comments about PC's skill level?

like people will dislike female have high level destruction, two-hand, one-hand or some battle skills. 

and they may doubt/suspect PC use summon/illusion magic for self release, use smithing/enchant to forge DD items...

Are you still working on the bandit voice?

I do have some spliced voices for some guard comments supplied by Funnybizness. I haven't had chance to put them in to the mod yet. Bandit do bandit dialogues is extremely difficult as there are so many races (and therefore different voice types) for bandits that I just don't think it is feasible as each line would require a file for each voice type (e.g. Elf, Orc, Argonian etc etc).

Unless there is a voice actor(s) who can do all the different accents who is willing to go through each line and produce a sound file for it I don't think it's going to happen :(

Is that can add some comments about PC's skill level?

like people will dislike female have high level destruction, two-hand, one-hand or some battle skills. 

and they may doubt/suspect PC use summon/illusion magic for self release, use smithing/enchant to forge DD items...

Interesting idea...I hadn't thought of looking at player skills. I'll have a think and see if I can come up with anything...

"I see you have skill using two handed weapons, that's good 'cause you'll need two hands to handle my weapon properly...ha haaa" - something like that?

----------------------

Uploaded an updated Devious Devices version. This new version combines the vanilla dialogue with the new Devious Devices comments so you only need one or the other .esp and it doesn't eat up 2 .esp slots.

This upload also contains the 1st set of events based on dialogue which are the Helpful Followers comments. These will trigger in the same way as all the other dialogue but have a reset time of 24 in game hours.

Each device you are wearing has the same chance of getting helpful dialogue, but your follower will still choose the dialogue at random from the entire pool so will almost certainly not help straight away, but eventually they will :) 

Most of the time your helpful follower will give you a key so you can choose to take off the device or not...but for armbinders and yokes they will remove them for you automatically.

Interesting idea...I hadn't thought of looking at player skills. I'll have a think and see if I can come up with anything...

"I see you have skill using two handed weapons, that's good 'cause you'll need two hands to handle my weapon properly...ha haaa" - something like that?

I don't know if this helps, but a while back I made some hello/greetings comments for skyrimll, I don't think he ever got around to using them.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35584-wip-sexlab-stories-rumors/?p=1305944

Is there any way that I can make this mod compatible with other mods that reduce/remove vanilla NPC greetings (for example: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/746/? )? I tried installing that mod recently because if I have to hear "Heard they're reforming the Dawnguard! Vampire hunters or something!" one more time I might kill myself. But as I feared, it also seemed to remove the comments your mod adds (all of them except for the ones where I literally sprint at someone and bump into them). My ideal situation would be to have no vanilla NPC greetings whatsoever (aside from NPCs speaking to each other, those ones can stay), and to only have the text-based comments that your mod adds. Do you know if there's any way to achieve that?

So if you use DD v.04 or up, then you don't need to run vanilla V1.0 or lower if I understand correctly?

Is it safe to just remove it from load order?

and thank you, great job on this!

Also trying to upgrade from:

- SexistGuards v0.8 & SexistGuardsDD v0.35

"to"

- SexistGuards v1.0 & SexistGuardsDD v4.0

Seems that "SexistGuardsDD.esp" is missing or replaces "SexistGuards.esp" (MAIN FIle).

It is safe to upgrade from 0.8 to 1.0 ?

So if you use DD v.04 or up, then you don't need to run vanilla V1.0 or lower if I understand correctly?

Is it safe to just remove it from load order?

and thank you, great job on this!

I don't think I made it completely clear on what you need to do use the combined version :)

1. Uninstall any previous versions of this mod (you should delete all SexistGuards and SexistGuardsDD files)

2. Download the new SexistGuardsDD zip file

3. Install as normal

4. You should then only have SexistGuards.esp in your load list. This is the new combined file.

Is there any way that I can make this mod compatible with other mods that reduce/remove vanilla NPC greetings (for example: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/746/? )? I tried installing that mod recently because if I have to hear "Heard they're reforming the Dawnguard! Vampire hunters or something!" one more time I might kill myself. But as I feared, it also seemed to remove the comments your mod adds (all of them except for the ones where I literally sprint at someone and bump into them). My ideal situation would be to have no vanilla NPC greetings whatsoever (aside from NPCs speaking to each other, those ones can stay), and to only have the text-based comments that your mod adds. Do you know if there's any way to achieve that?

Hmmm...it may well be possible to add a control system to my mod to disable vanilla comments as they are all quest based anyway so I should just be able to switch of quests to stop vanilla commnets. The only issue would be vanilla guard comments as I had to fudge my way round to get them to work which means they cannot be turned off.

I'll have a think and see if it is possible to do. 

Also trying to upgrade from:

- SexistGuards v0.8 & SexistGuardsDD v0.35

"to"

- SexistGuards v1.0 & SexistGuardsDD v4.0

Seems that "SexistGuardsDD.esp" is missing or replaces "SexistGuards.esp" (MAIN FIle).

It is safe to upgrade from 0.8 to 1.0 ?

The SexistGuardsDD.esp is combined in to SexistGuard.esp which is why there is only one file.

This simplest way to upgrade is to remove any previous versions (making sure to delete all SexistGuards and SexistGuardsDD files) then download the new combined SexistGuardsDD zip file and install that.

There should be no issues upgrading save games to a new version. 

Hmmm...it may well be possible to add a control system to my mod to disable vanilla comments as they are all quest based anyway so I should just be able to switch of quests to stop vanilla commnets. The only issue would be vanilla guard comments as I had to fudge my way round to get them to work which means they cannot be turned off.

I'll have a think and see if it is possible to do. 

Thanks for the response. That would be great if you could figure out a way to disable them, but no worries if it's not possible or if it's too much work.

the only problem i have with this mod on the newer version is that now that the guard dialogue was updated directly all npcs that have access to that dialogue tree now say the derrogatory comments, problem is a lot of them aren't guards. windhelm as an example, tova shattersheild, captain lonely gale and several other npcs wandering around the tavern now say derrogatory comments when i really only want guards and bandits to say them. had to downgrade to a previous version to circumvent it. i'd rather just have only bandits saying stuff than deal with random npcs i'm friends with doing it.

the only problem i have with this mod on the newer version is that now that the guard dialogue was updated directly all npcs that have access to that dialogue tree now say the derrogatory comments, problem is a lot of them aren't guards. windhelm as an example, tova shattersheild, captain lonely gale and several other npcs wandering around the tavern now say derrogatory comments when i really only want guards and bandits to say them. had to downgrade to a previous version to circumvent it. i'd rather just have only bandits saying stuff than deal with random npcs i'm friends with doing it.

I will add a function to turn the guard dialogue off, but are you sure the other npcs are saying guard dialogue? It's more likely they are falling into the npc criteria which you can switch off through the mcm.

what's the difference between 1.0 and 0.40?

They only difference is 1.0 is just vanilla comments and does not require devious devices integration. 

0.4 contains all vanilla comments plus the new devious devices comments/events an so requires devious devices integration installed. 

I will add a function to turn the guard dialogue off, but are you sure the other npcs are saying guard dialogue? It's more likely they are falling into the npc criteria which you can switch off through the mcm.

They only difference is 1.0 is just vanilla comments and does not require devious devices integration. 

0.4 contains all vanilla comments plus the new devious devices comments/events an so requires devious devices integration installed. 

yeah, the only two settings i ever check are the guards and the bandits, i turn it off for all others.  I think it's affecting them because even though they aren't technically guards they have some sort of connection with the guard dialogue/faction. i know the companions are the same way, i've got spectator crowds in which has the morality guard option and basically is supposed to make guardsmen tell you to knock it off/arrest you if you're having sex in public and it affects the same people .

yeah, the only two settings i ever check are the guards and the bandits, i turn it off for all others. I think it's affecting them because even though they aren't technically guards they have some sort of connection with the guard dialogue/faction. i know the companions are the same way, i've got spectator crowds in which has the morality guard option and basically is supposed to make guardsmen tell you to knock it off/arrest you if you're having sex in public and it affects the same people .

Yeah, certain npcs are hooked into the guard faction for whatever reason. Sinmir in Whiterun is the same way.