Having some trouble with what I like is the main quest arc. Any hints and tips gratfully recevied!

Nocturnal has turned up and covered me in devices (grr perma-gaged grr) and told me to hunt deadra shrines.

Clavicus Vile was a bit tricky but after getting my ass kicked by vampires repeatedly (because, you know, i'm all tied up so semi combatant at this point) I got there.

Then Nocturnal teleported me to the twilight sepulture.

Walk through a big open room, up a staircase and through a suitably ominious archway.

Along a corridor and into an amphitheatre room with two nightingale ghost things. Get killed repeatedly (My follower wasn't teleported here, and they rather carry the fights...), and eventually resort to using god mode. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but then I'm not great at fps' anyway.

Worship at the Altar at the bottom of the amphitheatre. Nocturnal turns up and tells me this is how I summon her, but doesn't do anything else helpful.

Follow the quest marker down the coridor at the bottom of the amphitheatre, up a stairway into a small mausaleam with another one of the nightingale sentinel's of doom.

Then I walk through the door into another really big open room that I think the quest marker is in, and take massive health damage and die. Massive health damage, kills me in about a second. Sometimes less, sometimes a little more. Might be a floor trap, but I can't see what it is or where it's coming from. And I'm still in god mode, so even if it is I should be ok.

I have doubled back to the exit, but I was teleported in so there isn't one - and even if there was, I can't do any other quests like this anyhow! :blush:

Any ideas what I am doing wrong and how I get across this room to the objective so I can finally get this stuff removed?

I turn off the waterfalls, so I will not notice any changes.

Statues at waterfalls overlook the location but are not tied to the quest. 1 Statue in Dibella's temple, and 10 on the path to HH also transform.

You probably did not understand me, I turn off the waterfalls as unnecessary, since my character can walk on water without them.

Well, the statues of Dibella in me and so with the textures from Edindil are displayed.

Regarding Zaz Animation Pack 6.2

I don't recommend using it with this mod yet. It will be tested to confirm compatibility.

Already checked, I had to reinstall the game.

Having some trouble with what I like is the main quest arc. Any hints and tips gratfully recevied!

Nocturnal has turned up and covered me in devices (grr perma-gaged grr) and told me to hunt deadra shrines.

Clavicus Vile was a bit tricky but after getting my ass kicked by vampires repeatedly (because, you know, i'm all tied up so semi combatant at this point) I got there.

Walk through a big open room, up a staircase and through a suitably ominious archway.

Along a corridor and into an amphitheatre room with two nightingale ghost things. Get killed repeatedly (My follower wasn't teleported here, and they rather carry the fights...), and eventually resort to using god mode. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but then I'm not great at fps' anyway.

Worship at the Altar at the bottom of the amphitheatre. Nocturnal turns up and tells me this is how I summon her, but doesn't do anything else helpful.

Follow the quest marker down the coridor at the bottom of the amphitheatre, up a stairway into a small mausaleam with another one of the nightingale sentinel's of doom.

Then I walk through the door into another really big open room that I think the quest marker is in, and take massive health damage and die. Massive health damage, kills me in about a second. Sometimes less, sometimes a little more. Might be a floor trap, but I can't see what it is or where it's coming from. And I'm still in god mode, so even if it is I should be ok.

I have doubled back to the exit, but I was teleported in so there isn't one - and even if there was, I can't do any other quests like this anyhow! :blush:

Any ideas what I am doing wrong and how I get across this room to the objective so I can finally get this stuff removed?

It's a puzzle room. Not created by this mod it's from the vanilla game.

You must walk where this is no light to avoid the damage. God mode will not help this is normal.

For once the Quest of the Guild of Thieves passed to the end, where it is necessary to return the Nocturnal's skeleton key to its place? Here and here is the same room with small changes.

You must walk where this is no light to avoid the damage. God mode will not help this is normal.

A man probably never had a Guild of Thieves. :D

I'm experiencing some trouble with the enchanted stool in the inn. After I sit on a stool, I do get the message that nocturnal doesn't like drunkards. I then get stripped and teleported on the virgin device, but the scene ends immediately after.

No errors in the log, but XPMSE and NHIOVHHScaleEffect, which to my understanding are benign.

A snippet of what happens when I trigger the enchanted stool in Markarth:

[04/10/2017 - 09:37:26PM] [Helpless]: Suspending scenes, called from: [virginmain <VirginStoryMain (2F01848C)>], (Dare to Shout Like a Virgin)
[04/10/2017 - 09:37:31PM] [Helpless]: Resuming scenes, called from: [virginmain <VirginStoryMain (2F01848C)>], (Dare to Shout Like a Virgin)/[code]

-*-*-

Another issue I've got is the dreaded crash at load. It appeared since I did an upgrade from 4.7 to 4.8. The crash isn't caught by CrashFixes (thus it's not the IKFoot issue), but the workaround coc QASmoke then load the desired savegame works. If somebody has a hint as to where to look to properly fix the problem, please do share :)

Thought it was something obvious I wasn't quite getting.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------

eta: Yeah, given:

• you are carrying a light source with you so you lose the feedback from the lighting patterns on the floor as to where you are standing if/when you take damage.
  • if you havn't hit that area as part of the thieves guild quest arc (*) you don't know you should be trying to sneak around.

... I don't think that is very obvious. Especially as I suspect I have ended up in there below the level I think the area is, so if I stop in the wrong place it's basically an OTK - by the time I know I am taking damage from standing in the wrong spot, it's fatal.

I even googled the location, and this wiki page:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Twilight_Sepulcher

Doesn't mention a puzzle room.

So something to be aware of and possibly consider signposting a little better. I doubt I am the first to miss the point of that encounter entirely and get annoyed by it. And now that the quest arc has annoyed me - even if not deliberately - further twists along the line of 'haha - no release for you yet! More Hoops to jump through!'(#) will just annoy me further. :s

Not a bug or a flaw per se, and a very clever use of already existing in game locations and infrastructure but...just be aware it hasn't had it's intended effect this time.

-------------------------------------------------------

* = because some people play their dragon slaying heros as heros, so try to avoid stealing things etc... :P

# = frustration / futility being a common recurring theme in Devious Devices etc... which isn't entirely a bad thing, but the joke does get old when everyone plays it.

I'm experiencing some trouble with the enchanted stool in the inn. After I sit on a stool, I do get the message that nocturnal doesn't like drunkards. I then get stripped and teleported on the virgin device, but the scene ends immediately after.

Will this reoccur if you try it again?

Will the same happen if you try in another inn?

No errors in the log, but XPMSE and NHIOVHHScaleEffect, which to my understanding are benign.

A snippet of what happens when I trigger the enchanted stool in Markarth:

[04/10/2017 - 09:37:26PM] [Helpless]: Suspending scenes, called from: [virginmain <VirginStoryMain (2F01848C)>], (Dare to Shout Like a Virgin)

[04/10/2017 - 09:37:31PM] [Helpless]: Resuming scenes, called from: [virginmain <VirginStoryMain (2F01848C)>], (Dare to Shout Like a Virgin)/[code=auto:0]

That's good stuff. Deviously Helpless is acknowledging it received a message telling it "Virgin is in a scene now don't interrupt".

Another issue I've got is the dreaded crash at load. It appeared since I did an upgrade from 4.7 to 4.8. The crash isn't caught by CrashFixes (thus it's not the IKFoot issue), but the workaround coc QASmoke then load the desired savegame works. If somebody has a hint as to where to look to properly fix the problem, please do share :)

My vague understanding is that size of your save (more mods = bigger, plus longer time playing) is the main influence and you already have the only work around.

The virgin inn scenes for Markarth won't work. I directly get send to the chandelier and then everything stops. I fast traveled to Irvarstead and everything worked as intended (whipping on stool, then chandelier), but this peculiar inn had no consumers or at least none awake.

As for my crash on load, the game suddenly decided to properly load this one. Yay.

The virgin inn scenes for Markarth won't work. I directly get send to the chandelier and then everything stops. I fast traveled to Irvarstead and everything worked as intended (whipping on stool, then chandelier), but this peculiar inn had no consumers or at least none awake.

My guess is that another mod has also altered the Markarth inn, but not the Irvarstead one. And then if you are using a bashed patch this would be even more susceptible. I don't know what else could be.

I made a filtering for conflict losers in TES5Edit, and didn't get much. Could you give me a hint as to where to look?

Here is a conflict between branding of doom and SlaV:

post-914471-0-08048000-1491858251_thumb.png

Edit: Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim does conflic with SlaV as it also touch the standing stones. Loading Sacrosanct before SlaV should fix the stone issue, like SL Stories.

Edited by bicobus

... I don't think that is very obvious. Especially as I suspect I have ended up in there below the level I think the area is, so if I stop in the wrong place it's basically an OTK - by the time I know I am taking damage from standing in the wrong spot, it's fatal.

Level does make it more challenging. This has come up 1 time before. If I get a third it will make it into FAQs.

Level does make it more challenging. This has come up 1 time before. If I get a third it will make it into FAQs.

First time I came back to that area, after completing the thieve guild years ago, was through SlaV. I knew there was some kind of puzzle but couldn't remember what specifically, but by seeing the lighting I assumed I had to step in the lit area... It took me several death until I finally went to uesp and understood how wrong I was.

Those nightingale guys are over twice my level, before you allow for the fact I am hitting well below due to the lack of a companion, being Deviced, (& other reasons in my build not related to your mod). If I hadn't been prepared to use console commands (god mode) to get through the area, I would have been dead ended.

*shrug*. It's your mod. There is an element of 'no fault found' - everything seems to be working as intended. But I also figure there is no harm in giving feedback of what's happened to me.

*shrug*. It's your mod. There is an element of 'no fault found' - everything seems to be working as intended. But I also figure there is no harm in giving feedback of what's happened to me.

I fully appreciate the feedback. I've had similar in this thread once before and looked into trying to change the level but have not learned how to easily do that.

I made a filtering for conflict losers in TES5Edit, and didn't get much. Could you give me a hint as to where to look?

I've added script to the vanilla bar stools at the level of the "master" stool used everywhere. Script placed this way is not shown by TES5Edit as far as I can tell so it's not going to be easy to find out. I suggest just be happy this works elsewhere and that it's not important to progressing any quest.

Here is a conflict between branding of doom and SlaV:

attachicon.gifTES5Edit_2017-04-10_23-02-33.png

Yes but inconsequential I believe 

Edit: Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim does conflic with SlaV as it also touch the standing stones. Loading Sacrosanct before SlaV should fix the stone issue, like SL Stories.

Thanks for the info

... I don't think that is very obvious.

First time I came back to that area, after completing the thieve guild years ago, was through SlaV. I knew there was some kind of puzzle but couldn't remember what specifically, but by seeing the lighting I assumed I had to step in the lit area... It took me several death until I finally went to uesp and understood how wrong I was.

I caught on that it was something related to where I was standing, but my guess was 'don't stand on the floor' - so was bouncing around standing on rocks and stuff. I missed the illumination(*), and I missed the 'nocturna, deadric queen of the night' que. I don't know if there was any audio feedback, because the game is currently muted due to me being covered in Devices and the constant sex noises getting boring.

So then I googled the location, which missed the puzzle encounter because most of the walkthroughs will be for the thieves guild quest, rather than the location per se.

As the game was dead ended at that point i decided to post on the thread of the quest arc I was following - I couldn't easily go and do something else as I was stuck in that location. And I'm stuck following this quest arc until I can get released, as I can't exactly go and do some other quests to level when I can't speak to people or loot anything (Cursed Loot is a VERY BAD thing to happen right now as I'm already wearing almost all the non crippling devices so any DCL events are an issue!)

I'm a fan of using in game infrastructure when you can. It's a good use of the location. And the quest arc seems to be playing as intended.

...that just doesn't seem to be working for my playstyle. :s

I'm hoping as I follow it things will settle down into more of a 'extra stuff happens when you are playing the game randomly questing' rather than 'constant stream of awkward animated sex'.

Now please don't take that as a complaint. I'm not the mod author, and I am still very thankfull that they have released their hard work here for me to mess around with and experiment with for no charge at all. That's still really cool. :cool:

I fully appreciate the feedback. I've had similar in this thread once before and looked into trying to change the level but have not learned how to easily do that.

Sadly, I'm not a modder myself, so I can't help there :(

Having companion(s) along would have helped.

?some form of 'teleport out' object so it's less of a total road block.

?dialog emphasising the 'deadra of the night' thing when you active the altar in the amphitheatre or when you open the door the puzzle room.

?some form of 'I don't think you are powerful enough' dialog tree after Clavicus where the quest arc can be suspended whilst you go and level a bit.

...all of which is suggesting fixes/workarounds for something that isn't, in actual fact, broken.

(*) = Very much not helped by having a light source shoved where the sun don't shine. I like to think I might have caught on if the shadows I was standing/not standing in had still been there! :angel:

Well, going in her temple through normal means you understand quite rapidly where to stand. It is implied heavily in the thieve quest line and other various books that she likes the shade. I also have to concur with LostDreamer on the account of the nightingale ghosts being a bit too powerful for a low level player. If it is becoming a problem, you might want to replace them with passive Maiden ghosts. They could even be saying stuff as the player walk by, something like "oh look, a new pet!".

Those nightingale guys are over twice my level, before you allow for the fact I am hitting well below due to the lack of a companion, being Deviced, (& other reasons in my build not related to your mod). If I hadn't been prepared to use console commands (god mode) to get through the area, I would have been dead ended.

My way past them was usually to use the Nocturnal Like a Follower feature to conjure up help to stab them in the face and not bother doing it myself.  After getting the first word of the Thuum of Love I just spam that until they are at a reasonably low level of health, then perforate vigorously.  It is doable, maybe too easily so when you use the benefits given by the mod to work down some of the challenges.

I've confirmed Zaz Animation Pack 6.2 is NOT compatible. You will freeze.

If you want the technical details on the issue see my post

i have no problems with using zaz 6.2. wall love works, standign stones works, first meeting of nocturnal works and the first events that came up also worked.

also i dont ahve noticed any problems of 6.2 with other mods als long as you dont have the zazextensiuon installed and dont try to install 6.2 o nan already with zaz 6.11 in contact standing saveline.

i have no problems with using zaz 6.2. wall love works, standign stones works, first meeting of nocturnal works and the first events that came up also worked.

also i dont ahve noticed any problems of 6.2 with other mods als long as you dont have the zazextensiuon installed and dont try to install 6.2 o nan already with zaz 6.11 in contact standing saveline.

Verify Zaz Animations Working pass for you with zaz 6.2?

For me it stops on cage animation. It never gets to check second animation with chains.

Finished the introductory questline last night, and sadly took the decision to pull SlaV from my current build.

• Being constantly locked into chastity devices isn't going to play well with DCL's rape functionality, or with many of the random events (ie I can no longer get the various Devious plugs...)
  • Defeat may well complicate the 'stay a virgin' thing, although more things going wrong when I trigger Defeat isn't entirely bad.
  • The time constraint is unlikely to work well with elements like aggressive Wear & Tear settings and Just Sleep. I spend a lot of time waiting for various reasons.
  • It seems to take over the game a bit too much. It feels like you should build your game around playing this mod, rather than add it to an existing build/playthough for more depth & variety.
  • It can be a ott / silly which isn't quite the mood I'm building for. Running around with a torch permanently superglued up my butt for example, or the number of dialog trees for 'yes, of course I want to fuck now' rather than 'please don't do this to me...' which is more the way my build currently works.

Which isn't a complaint.

A lot of the fun of modded skyrim is the fact you get to experiment and play around with the game. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I like it. It's clearly a well written mod, it's strongly story driven which is great and I suspect it's often overlooked as an alternative to Slaverun or Sanguine's. Just because I don't think it will work in my current playthrough doesn't mean I won't revisit it at some point when I am wanting the emphasis to be more on gratuituous sex than reworking gameplay.

Verify Zaz Animations Working pass for you with zaz 6.2?

For me it stops on cage animation. It never gets to check second animation with chains.

yes the mcm verification works for me without problems

for me it runs more stable with zaz 6.2 as with zaz 6.11

installationssteps i have done:

- shoutet away all skyrimdata

- restartet my system

- worked some spell to get skyrim and the mods back installed

- installtion of zaz 6.1 with aditional ful overwrite through zaz 6.2 no install of 6.11

- startet a complete new chain of saves

aktuell i play with a fresh char thrtroug hthe mainquest and star then the mainstory from slav, have just done a small test after reading that it would get stuck and shoutet a shout with the mainstory blocker deactivatet and after the foirst meetign was without problems i loaded the save before so that i can end the mainstory without slav mainstory active. when i have ended the mainstory i will show if i have still the poroblem with craches on load of a lsave afte the first rebirth, when it is stil happening i queeze a papyrus out of my skyrim