On 1/8/2018 at 7:04 PM, karlpaws said:

I thought I'd link this here in case anyone wanted to look at something like this and missed it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88835

I don't know if something like this could be mugged or used as a replacer for the standard vanilla start, or if it would be wanted by anyone wanting to use that start. I haven't tried the mod myself yet, to see just how it works (might on my next "I have too many new mods, time to start over" reset) .

I'm very leery about touching those two NPCs or the main quest at all. That said, I do have some plans to do something similar (though probably not quite like that).

On 1/9/2018 at 9:33 AM, Pupkin said:

I have a scenario in mind, hope it's not too bad.

So the PC is a young female just turned 18. She is an orphan who lives on some farm in Skyrim with a step-dad and a step-mother. The game starts when the step-dad starts an awkward conversation that PC is old enough and should start to "earn" her keep, implying sex. If the PC refuses, he gets her things and banishes her. If the PC accepts she can stay only to have another awkward conversation shortly after with step-mother (who somehow finds out), and forces her to leave.

I wanted some kind of a scenario that started with a "normal" life and provided a transition to "nowhere to go" situation, which then translates into prostitution, or captured by bandits, or enslaved, or anything else.

Also, where can I find the complete list of descriptions of scenarios? I only found a list of 10-400 scenarios descriptions.

Sounds good - I have something in mind, but it's on the back burner for now.

The complete list is a .pdf file located on the main download page, under "what are the scenarios." The scenario number isn't actually the scenario index or anything, it's a reference to the quest stage/storageutil variable and is useful for modders. Scenario 10 (QAYL) for example is the first on the list, it just isn't listed as #1.

There are currently 100 scenarios exactly, though many of them are variants (i.e. there are 20 "prostitute" scenarios, 5 "beastess" scenarios, etc). At a guess, I'd say there are anywhere from ten to sixty unique starts, depending on your definition of unique.

On 1/9/2018 at 10:38 AM, Blaze69 said:

I'm not sure if this scenario will ever be made, and I'm no specially interested in it (wouldn't mind having it either), but I wanted to chime in to suggest using the farmhouse added by ASLAL for this; the one for the non-vanilla "I own property in one of the holds" start.

It's farm ran by an Imperial couple that could work just fine for a scenario like this. Would only need to add some start-specific extra dialogue to those two NPCs (like the original start does for asking for the farm income) and maybe do something with the farm ownership faction and the player so that you can take some things but the most expensive stuff would be considered stealing.

Good idea. :smile:

On 1/10/2018 at 3:22 AM, offnightmare said:

I seem to keep getting an infinite load screen when I choose the kin family start.

A papyrus log might be helpful (NB: not guaranteed ;) ).

19 minutes ago, packprof said:

I'm liking what I see so far but I do have a question.  I'm using the Simple Slavery start.  Why am I spawning with a torch in my hand when my hands a supposed to be tied while being sold at an auction?

No idea. CCAS adds only six items in the Simple Slavery scenario, and one of them is a torch, but it doesn't equip the torch. Are you using any mods that might do that?

46 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

No idea. CCAS adds only six items in the Simple Slavery scenario, and one of them is a torch, but it doesn't equip the torch. Are you using any mods that might do that?

That was it, thank you.  Had a mod called "Drop Lit Torches" that was force equipping the torch.  Never realized it.  Thanks again.

4 hours ago, Halfblackcoffee said:

I'm having an issue were sleeping in the bed does nothing and starts the escape scenario I ahve attatched my papyrus log but it's gibberish to me I have tried the aforementioned fixes as well

Papyrus.0.log

LoadOrder_Skyrim_2018-01-18T22-39-20.txt

A lot of "script no longer contains that property" errors - normally this means that the mod author did something stupid, like removing properties from scripts without saving the mod properly or something. I haven't done anything with properties like that for several versions though... it might be because you don't have CCAS installed correctly? Try redownloading and reinstalling, see if that fixes it. Alternately, some mod manager might be at fault, particularly if you've updated from a previous version.

Both of these are just guesses though.

Also, try this:

This is the sequence of events I generally follow when starting a new game:

1. Start Skyrim, start a new game.
  2. Wait for everything to cool down before doing anything. This can take a while, depending on how many mods you have installed. Generally about a minute or so. A good rule of thumb is to wait for all of the debug.notifications (the messages that pop up in the upper-left corner of the screen) to go away. (NOTE: it actually doesn't take this long - usually only a few seconds - but I like to wait until all of the messages go away).
  3. Set up the Sexlab MCM.
  4. Wait for Sexlab to be fully configured and all of its debug.notifications to go away.
  5. Save the game, exit Skyrim.
  6. Go back in and load. You may notice some new notifications and MCM menus popping in, depending on your mod setup. This is normal.
  7. Set up everything in all of your MCM menus.
  8. Repeat steps 5 - 7 until everything is set up properly. This may require multiple game saves and exits (like, two or three at most, probably).
  9. Speak to the Mara statue, select a scenario.
  10. Sleep in the LAL bed.

55 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

A lot of "script no longer contains that property" errors - normally this means that the mod author did something stupid, like removing properties from scripts without saving the mod properly or something. I haven't done anything with properties like that for several versions though... it might be because you don't have CCAS installed correctly? Try redownloading and reinstalling, see if that fixes it. Alternately, some mod manager might be at fault, particularly if you've updated from a previous version.

Also, try this:

Ok Just tried the reinstall I've gone through the steps listed already before posting my issue didn't wanna waste your time will check back soon about to boot up skyrim

6 minutes ago, Halfblackcoffee said:

Ok Just tried the reinstall I've gone through the steps listed already before posting my issue didn't wanna waste your time will check back soon about to boot up skyrim

1 hour ago, Content Consumer said:

Also, try this:

Reinstall did not work and I did it manually as opposed to the NMM I had an earlier version working a while ago I just got back to the game and now suddenly it doesn't want to work. the default LAL triggers work though New papyrus log after reinstall and new game

Papyrus.0.log

49 minutes ago, Halfblackcoffee said:

Reinstall did not work and I did it manually as opposed to the NMM I had an earlier version working a while ago I just got back to the game and now suddenly it doesn't want to work. the default LAL triggers work though New papyrus log after reinstall and new game

Papyrus.0.log

Google tells me it might *possibly* be Equipping Overhaul. Try disabling that?

I really have no idea. Several people have this problem, and I have yet to find a definitive solution.

If an earlier version was working, did you update or add any other mods recently? One of them might be interfering somehow.

If you're up for some really mind-numbingly-dull busywork, you could try disabling mods one at a time and try a new game each time.

Note that for this kind of testing you won't need to set up your MCM every time, but you will need to start brand new games from the main menu - just start new game -> talk to mara -> sleep in lal bed.

But like I said, with a mod list of almost 200 mods, you'll be at it for a while. I'd only do this as a last resort. :frown:

EDIT: This probably doesn't have anything to do with your issue, but I did notice that you're using both Xaz prison overhaul *and* prison overhaul patched. A recent update to Prison Overhaul Patched removed the need to install the original mod at all - I suggest you update to version 3.41 and disable the original.

45 minutes ago, bicobus said:

I'm starting a new playthrough, did you release a bugfix somewhere? IIRC there are some bug that needs fixing (like the spike that shouldn't override the shiv).

I haven't released any recent bugfixes, nope. You could check the last page of the beta thread.

EDIT: January 13 was the last update, but all it added was the semirandom master (currently broken). IIRC I did fix the shiv/spike thing though at some point. Try pages 30-33 of the beta thread.

v14c just uploaded.

CHANGELOG FOR v14c

This update is mostly to fix a couple of bugs.

• Fixed bad mod detection for Prison Overhaul patches
  • Fixed bad quest objective refs for escaped slave scenarios
  • Fixed bad devious device setting for Escaped Slave - Reach scenario
  • Fixed Master Bane's dialogue (removed "say once" flag)
  • Fixed some bad forcegreet and dialogue conditions in the Expectant Mother scenario
  • Potential fix for a problem with Anise causing a spriggan event
  • Removed Family Ties scenarios from the Surprise Me option
  • Added quest pointers in the Expectant Mother scenario
  • Added a semirandom SD+ master option in the enslaved submenu (not fully tested)

There might be a bit of an overlap between Death Alternative's "Vampire Thrall" start and CCAS. I got the dialogue tree about an iron cutting tool and not able to have children. Then I was tasked to go back to the excavation to a certain Gaev or Geav? But the NPC was inside Dimhollow Crypt, which is where you find Serena...

No idea about the CCAS scenario I stumbled upon though, and I'm quite intrigued now. Probably Vampire Larder?

Edit: I've been using the wrong CCAS version. I'll start anew and see if I still have the dialogue option.

2 hours ago, bicobus said:

There might be a bit of an overlap between Death Alternative's "Vampire Thrall" start and CCAS. I got the dialogue tree about an iron cutting tool and not able to have children. Then I was tasked to go back to the excavation to a certain Gaev or Geav? But the NPC was inside Dimhollow Crypt, which is where you find Serena...

No idea about the CCAS scenario I stumbled upon though, and I'm quite intrigued now. Probably Vampire Larder?

Edit: I've been using the wrong CCAS version. I'll start anew and see if I still have the dialogue option.

That might be a vanilla bug, where Gaev is in another place. Or it might be a CCAS bug, but I've seen it happen with various mods, where an NPC ends up in places they shouldn't be. No idea why.

As for a crossover, I don't think that's possible. You seem to have found the Expectant Mother scenario somehow though. Which scenario did you pick?

8 minutes ago, bicobus said:

Yeah, it wasn't a cross over as every single NPC had the "I still need a iron breaking thingy" dialogue option. I'll start anew from the latest version and see if I still have that dialogue choice. I'll get back to you shortly.

Whoops, that's a biggie and needs to be fixed ASAP. Unfortunately, I won't be able to until, like, tonight or even tomorrow morning... dammit.

v14d just uploaded, should fix the bug where everyone has dialogue about iron-breaking tools (and advancing the expectant mother quest even if you aren't using that scenario).

EDIT: I added a *lot* of dialogue conditions in there. Hopefully it doesn't break more than it fixes. Fingers crossed. :classic_unsure: