THIS MOD BROKE MY GAME I INSTALLED IT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY 50000 HOUR PLAYTHROUGH BUT IT DIDNT DO ANYTHING BUT NOW I CTD EVERY TIME I TAKE A STEP I INSTALLED TWELVE OTHER MODS AT THE SAME TIME AND UNINSTALLED TEN OTHERS TO MAKE ROOM BUT ITS CLEARLY THIS MODS FAULT THE AUTHOR SUCKS AND SHOULD BE BEHEADED AND CASTRATED AND DRAWN AND QUARTERED

3 hours ago, bicobus said:

So, do I need to start from scrap or loading my save in the starting cell work just fine? I assume it would work just fine, but just to be sure.

In this particular case, loading an older save might work, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

I know it's a headache to redo all of the MCM stuff every time you start a new game, but it really is the best way.

3 hours ago, jfraser said:

THIS MOD BROKE MY GAME I INSTALLED IT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY 50000 HOUR PLAYTHROUGH BUT IT DIDNT DO ANYTHING BUT NOW I CTD EVERY TIME I TAKE A STEP I INSTALLED TWELVE OTHER MODS AT THE SAME TIME AND UNINSTALLED TEN OTHERS TO MAKE ROOM BUT ITS CLEARLY THIS MODS FAULT THE AUTHOR SUCKS AND SHOULD BE BEHEADED AND CASTRATED AND DRAWN AND QUARTERED

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with that, sir. I recommend you contact our complaints department at:

1 F.U. Lane

GoToHell City, U.S.A.

50 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

In this particular case, loading an older save might work, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

I know it's a headache to redo all of the MCM stuff every time you start a new game, but it really is the best way.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with that, sir. I recommend you contact our complaints department at:

1 F.U. Lane

GoToHell City, U.S.A.

I TRIED SENDING MY COMPLAINTS TO THAT ADDRESS BUT IT GOT RETURNED BECAUSE IT DIDNT HAVE NO ZIP CODE! WTF! CANT YOU EVEN GIVE ADDRESSES RIGHT?

17 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

Google tells me it might *possibly* be Equipping Overhaul. Try disabling that?

I really have no idea. Several people have this problem, and I have yet to find a definitive solution.

If an earlier version was working, did you update or add any other mods recently? One of them might be interfering somehow.

If you're up for some really mind-numbingly-dull busywork, you could try disabling mods one at a time and try a new game each time.

Note that for this kind of testing you won't need to set up your MCM every time, but you will need to start brand new games from the main menu - just start new game -> talk to mara -> sleep in lal bed.

But like I said, with a mod list of almost 200 mods, you'll be at it for a while. I'd only do this as a last resort. :frown:

EDIT: This probably doesn't have anything to do with your issue, but I did notice that you're using both Xaz prison overhaul *and* prison overhaul patched. A recent update to Prison Overhaul Patched removed the need to install the original mod at all - I suggest you update to version 3.41 and disable the original.

I updated the Prison overhaul thing as you said I had no Idea it updated as I said been away from skyrim for a bit just wanted to try some of the scenarios on a few characters I have in mind

3 hours ago, jfraser said:

I TRIED SENDING MY COMPLAINTS TO THAT ADDRESS BUT IT GOT RETURNED BECAUSE IT DIDNT HAVE NO ZIP CODE! WTF! CANT YOU EVEN GIVE ADDRESSES RIGHT?

STFU NOOB Y U CANT LOOK UP A SIMPEL ZIP CODE HAHA LOOSER

3 hours ago, Halfblackcoffee said:

Ok so I've been fiddling with this all day trying to get it to work however I did find this line in my papyrus log on my last try "Error: ccas_QF_ccas_handler_06005901.SetStage() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call
stack:"
 any thoughts?

Papyrus.0.log

I'm not entirely sure what that error means. It looks like that would be some bad quest stage bug, but considering all the other errors in your log, I still believe that somehow CCAS has become disconnected from the game itself somehow. I really am at a loss. It has happened to several people, and I can't track it down. :frown:

Did you by chance try disabling mods one at a time? Or, like, disable ten at a time and try to narrow it down? Just in case it's a mod conflict.

But again, I'm stumped.

The list is too damn long for me to take the time, plus it's not exported with a hexadecimal index. Reduce the load, and if it fail again with less than 100 mods then come back for help.

Try to learn xEdit, there are tutorials on youtube (like gamerpoets). You don't have a bached patch nor a merged patch, which should exist with a list that long. Long story short: you're doing it wrong.

8 hours ago, MorePrinniesDood said:

Pardon me for asking here, but how did you get around the "SetAddonQuestStage is not a function or does not exist" message when working with Live Another Life scripts?

IIRC you just have to extract the scripts from LAL's .bsa file. That's something the tutorial didn't mention. ;)

EDIT: The compiled scripts, not just the sources.

Posting here to let you know that this mod is compatible with SE for the most part, the only issue I've found is breaking saves with the Oblivion Mage start which is only because of the cells Editor ID having underscores. That issue can be solved by the user by running it through XEdit with Hishy's script from Nexus. The Sexlab requirement is taken care of either by the Lite version or the new beta for SE. The mod page says the mod isn't compatible, so just letting you know that it is.

4 hours ago, squirrellydood said:

Posting here to let you know that this mod is compatible with SE for the most part, the only issue I've found is breaking saves with the Oblivion Mage start which is only because of the cells Editor ID having underscores. That issue can be solved by the user by running it through XEdit with Hishy's script from Nexus. The Sexlab requirement is taken care of either by the Lite version or the new beta for SE. The mod page says the mod isn't compatible, so just letting you know that it is.

Underscores? Seriously? WTF Bethesda?

25 minutes ago, SirGoodwin said:

Im having issues with this mod and quick as you like. with both installed i ctd if i uninstall either mod game works fine any ideas?

That's a new one. When does the CTD happen? Before the main menu, when talking to Mara, when sleeping in the bed, etc? Can you provide a papyrus log?

11 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

Underscores? Seriously? WTF Bethesda?

Yeah, the save error was confusing me too and I'd first thought it was just some weird issue caused just because it was a plugin for the previous version of the game. I didn't even know that was something that simple until I found it at the end of a basic tutorial researching something completely unrelated.

So yeah, if you want to make the mod forwards compatible all you need to do is run a script to remove the underscores from cell and world Editor IDs, otherwise the user can do it themselves or simply not save in drelas' cottage or Oblivion (maybe a couple other cells to). I've been doing it to my own since I realized.

3 minutes ago, squirrellydood said:

Yeah, the save error was confusing me too and I'd first thought it was just some weird issue caused just because it was a plugin for the previous version of the game. I didn't even know that was something that simple until I found it at the end of a basic tutorial researching something completely unrelated.

So yeah, if you want to make the mod forwards compatible all you need to do is run a script to remove the underscores from cell and world Editor IDs, otherwise the user can do it themselves or simply not save in drelas' cottage or Oblivion (maybe a couple other cells to). I've been doing it to my own since I realized.

I'll just go through and rename the damn cells. That is the strangest thing... the only reason I can think of for that to happen is if somebody at Bethesda made underscores a type separator or something. Like, nameOfCell_objectsInCell_actorsInCell or something, and underscores in the cell name overwrite some valuable data. I dunno. Weird.

3 minutes ago, SirGoodwin said:

soon as the game loads if i start a new game its right after naming the charector. if i load an old save its right away 

Papyrus.0.log

CCAS doesn't have any errors in there. For that matter, CCAS doesn't even get to do anything important before the crash happens.

I'd guess it's something to do with some other mod's initialization routines. Like, some mod is trying to do something on game start/load, but is running into a problem. Try disabling any mods that do that (NB: there are a crapton of mods that do that - basically, take your load order down to the bare minimum and add mods back one at a time until the crash happens).

1 hour ago, Content Consumer said:

I'll just go through and rename the damn cells. That is the strangest thing... the only reason I can think of for that to happen is if somebody at Bethesda made underscores a type separator or something. Like, nameOfCell_objectsInCell_actorsInCell or something, and underscores in the cell name overwrite some valuable data. I dunno. Weird.

CCAS doesn't have any errors in there. For that matter, CCAS doesn't even get to do anything important before the crash happens.

I'd guess it's something to do with some other mod's initialization routines. Like, some mod is trying to do something on game start/load, but is running into a problem. Try disabling any mods that do that (NB: there are a crapton of mods that do that - basically, take your load order down to the bare minimum and add mods back one at a time until the crash happens).

Well, here's the mod page. It is on SE though since it's an XEdit script I'm not sure if is back compatible.

Alternately I can just attach a copy of the mod run through XEdit that has that script applied.

19 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

I did this and found that CCAS works with QAYL. CCAS works with captured dreams. QAYL works with captured dreams. but all 3 together equals CTD so theres something

• 2 weeks later...

is there a more detailed questline for the choices available, more curious if the Aspiring Mage trap in Oblivion goes anywhere. Because i'm just stuck in a room that loops back and forth, with only a rat for my character to be fucked by(which the animation didn't work). 

5 hours ago, jarmor said:

is there a more detailed questline for the choices available, more curious if the Aspiring Mage trap in Oblivion goes anywhere. Because i'm just stuck in a room that loops back and forth, with only a rat for my character to be fucked by(which the animation didn't work). 

Just follow the (relatively) linear path and you'll find your way back to Skyrim.

If you're in an area with live rats, I think that'll be the place with the dead adventurer corpse, right? At least, I think that's the only place with live rats.

The air is all blue? You're on the outside of a copy of Shalidor's Maze. There is a hidden door across from where you teleported in to the area that will transport you inside Shalidor's Maze. From there it's pretty linear.

Hang on, lemme take a screenshot...

Okay... the yellow arrow points to the dead adventurer and the rats. The two red+green circles are the hidden doors.The one on the bottom is where you first teleport in. The one on the top (next to the rats and dead adventurer) teleports you inside the maze there, to one of the blue circles. Walk through the maze and use the next three doors, and you'll be teleported out to the "drain," the pink arrow points there.

shal.jpg

Hope that helps!

6 hours ago, jarmor said:

Wait, hang on, I'm wrong - There is one other place with a live rat, and that's the square stone rooms. The corner where you teleport in has a magical ring of light there?

The big room with six doors is what you're talking about that keeps looping back around, right?

Only five of those doors loop back to the start. The sixth sends you onward.

EDIT: That whole area is a bit confusing (deliberately). Don't give up, and keep trying the doors... eventually you'll get out.