Thanks for replying again, CC. At least I know now. I have removed and reinstalled CCAS a few times. I wonder if it's possible to try a slightly older version? The odd thing is that I HAVE had it working with this particular setup, but that was before I installed quite a few mods (then removed tons!)...

I would like to replicate some of the scenarios manually if possible but there isn't much info on any of the LL wikis. e.g. How does one start the SexLab Stories Broodmaiden quest?

I think the most recent older version I have is v11. http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1812-misc-stuff/

I don't know where v12 went. :)

But Bicobus made a good question. Is it only CCAS that's causing you issues?

Unfortunately, as far as I know at this time there aren't any other mods that initiate many of skyrimll's scenarios.

Brood Maiden though, should be accessible by exploring the swamps north of Morthal. You'll find a stone ring covered in chaurus and glowing crystals. There should be a pregnant woman hanging around - start a conversation.

Thanks again. I am having no issues with any of the other LAL starts. I'll try the older CCAS version!

It would be really handy if someone could update the wiki with some very brief descriptions of how to "manually" start all the scenarios, as you just did with Brood Maiden. I haven't noticed that woman (is it supposed to be Lotte? I find her in a cave to the west, not outside in the swamps), but I'll go and look again...

It would be really handy if someone could update the wiki with some very brief descriptions of how to "manually" start all the scenarios, as you just did with Brood Maiden. I haven't noticed that woman (is it supposed to be Lotte? I find her in a cave to the west, not outside in the swamps), but I'll go and look again...

I don't think there actually is a way to start most of them manually. Yet, anyway. IIRC skyrimll has plans to eventually make them more accessible through other means, though.

there is other one besides save clean?

Try some of these:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60586-content-consumers-alternate-starts/page-63?do=findComment&comment=1783370

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I was doing the Kin family start and everything was going fine for a while. My pc had started in the second trimester and things still progressed as normal until it was time to advance to the next stage, however instead of changing to trimester 3 the pregnancy just ended and the game acted as though she was never pregnant....sometimes loading a save also cleared the pregnancy. 

I haven't had that problem with a normal BF pregnancy so i'm assuming it's a bug with the mod? I was also having trouble getting the quest to progress.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I was doing the Kin family start and everything was going fine for a while. My pc had started in the second trimester and things still progressed as normal until it was time to advance to the next stage, however instead of changing to trimester 3 the pregnancy just ended and the game acted as though she was never pregnant....sometimes loading a save also cleared the pregnancy. 

I haven't had that problem with a normal BF pregnancy so i'm assuming it's a bug with the mod? I was also having trouble getting the quest to progress.

You'll need to ask in the Beeing Female thread, or possibly Sexlab Stories.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35269-beeingfemale/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/31581-sexlab-stories-2017-06-04/

As far as I know, Stories uses standard BF calls to trigger pregnancy, but doesn't actually do anything with BF once pregnancy has started. If I had to guess, its some bug with Beeing Female, possibly because there's only one parent, but that's just a guess - I haven't played all the way through the Kin Slave scenario, nor have I looked at that code to see if Stories is trying to modify an in-progress pregnancy at some point.

Have you had any similar problems using the Expectant Mother (beeing female) start with CCAS?

You'll need to ask in the Beeing Female thread, or possibly Sexlab Stories.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35269-beeingfemale/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/31581-sexlab-stories-2017-06-04/

As far as I know, Stories uses standard BF calls to trigger pregnancy, but doesn't actually do anything with BF once pregnancy has started. If I had to guess, its some bug with Beeing Female, possibly because there's only one parent, but that's just a guess - I haven't played all the way through the Kin Slave scenario, nor have I looked at that code to see if Stories is trying to modify an in-progress pregnancy at some point.

Have you had any similar problems using the Expectant Mother (beeing female) start with CCAS?

No, I haven't tried that one yet. I'll have to try that one next and see if the same thing happens. If it does i'll be sure to ask about it in those threads. Thanks for your help! I look forward to trying the other starts as well. 

Sorry for the double post, but i started the expectant mother start and I can't even talk to Gaev about the excavation, i just get standard dialogue options and nothing about the excavation

Whoops, that's my bad - I should have warned you about that. There's a bug with that scenario. Use  this console command:

set ccas_bfstage to 0

And that should fix it. Sorry.  :blush:

More information and a permanent fix for new games: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60586-content-consumers-alternate-starts/page-51?do=findComment&comment=1674790

• 2 weeks later...

For the CCAS Only Forsworn option, after the first sex scene it doesn't seem to allow you to continue despite Ed saying later "Now down on your knees" and it just kinda skips over that. It feels awkward and I'm not sure what the intended design is supposed to be.

For the CCAS Only Forsworn option, after the first sex scene it doesn't seem to allow you to continue despite Ed saying later "Now down on your knees" and it just kinda skips over that. It feels awkward and I'm not sure what the intended design is supposed to be.

"not sure what the intended design is supposed to be"

You and me both.  :lol:

The Forsworn Prize scenario has always been a bit of a hack job, even moreso than most others. The dialogue and sex there are basically just thrown in.

I put it in because I wanted some kind of Forsworn start, but didn't quite know how to go about it, so it's pretty lame all the way through. Redoing that is on my to-do list. ;)

Currently you aren't required to actually do anything at all, and you can just leave the tower immediately, which will trigger hostility from the other forsworn.

"not sure what the intended design is supposed to be"

You and me both.  laugh.png

The Forsworn Prize scenario has always been a bit of a hack job, even moreso than most others. The dialogue and sex there are basically just thrown in.

I put it in because I wanted some kind of Forsworn start, but didn't quite know how to go about it, so it's pretty lame all the way through. Redoing that is on my to-do list. wink.png

Currently you aren't required to actually do anything at all, and you can just leave the tower immediately, which will trigger hostility from the other forsworn.

Oh no what I mean is I thought you could trigger sex more than once given the dialogue seeming to hint at the guy telling you to go down on him. But it never does anything and then skips straight to where he laughs you off. So I was wondering if there was a missing sex scene flag or something.

I think it'd be pretty nice for the CCAS only options to have repeatable sex dialogue options or just something that happens if you don't leave that area to start the adventure. Like maybe for the giants they end up just once in awhile coming up to you and initiating sex on their own with no say so long as you are within that camp. Someone with a toaster like me can never afford to run Devious Devices and mods dependent on it, so any upgrade is well appreciated.

When I choose the giant offering start, none of the giants try to have sex with my pc.

The mod works perfectly well otherwise. Is this normal behavior?

I can't talk to any of the giants either.

AFAIK Few of the starts in this start mod include automatic sex. The bandit honeypot one, forsworn captive, some of the other slave-implied ones will or require it one way or another.

You'll need other mods for giant sex and speech with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried my damned hardest to make Brood Mother start work. I searched the whole thread for solutions, I googled too, I reinstalled all mods. Doesn't matter. I always end up back at the LAL prison without statue and with lockpicks as if I picked the "I wanna escape from here" option instead.

I don't have JUGs or any of the reported mods that may screw up some of the CCAS starts. I'm out of ideas.

BTW It's only Brood Mother start that does this. The others work wonderfully. I have all mods (SLStories with Devious, SD+, EC+, etc.) that Brood Mother uses/needs, there must be something wrong with it maybe?

Edited by HerChianti
27 minutes ago, HerChianti said:

I tried my damned hardest to make Brood Mother start work. I searched the whole thread for solutions, I googled too, I reinstalled all mods. Doesn't matter. I always end up back at the LAL prison without statue and with lockpicks as if I picked the "I wanna escape from here" option instead.

I don't have JUGs or any of the reported mods that may screw up some of the CCAS starts. I'm out of ideas.

BTW It's only Brood Mother start that does this. The others work wonderfully. I have all mods (SLStories with Devious, SD+, EC+, etc.) that Brood Mother uses/needs, there must be something wrong with it maybe?

There might be something fundamentally wrong with my implementation actually. IIRC in this version there are, like, three different "brood mother" starts and they all have varying problems. Which one was it?

130, Chaurus Egg Breeder

210, Chaurus Brood Maiden

270, Falmer Slave

All three of those have various SD+ and Sexlab Stories links, and there is some crossover between them as well. One or more also might directly conflict with SD+ with the changes I made to the starting location and trigger box when exiting the cave.

Also, I might have gotten the requirements wrong, though if you've got both Stories, Stories Devious, and SD+ that shouldn't matter.

A papyrus log *might* be of some help, but no guarantees.

17 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

There might be something fundamentally wrong with my implementation actually. IIRC in this version there are, like, three different "brood mother" starts and they all have varying problems. Which one was it?

130, Chaurus Egg Breeder

210, Chaurus Brood Maiden

270, Falmer Slave

All three of those have various SD+ and Sexlab Stories links, and there is some crossover between them as well. One or more also might directly conflict with SD+ with the changes I made to the starting location and trigger box when exiting the cave.

Also, I might have gotten the requirements wrong, though if you've got both Stories, Stories Devious, and SD+ that shouldn't matter.

A papyrus log *might* be of some help, but no guarantees.

Thanks for the quick reply!

And oh, I should have been more specific should I? The one that specifically doesn't work is 210 Brood Maiden. Both others work, as do ALL other starts. It's just 210 that doesn't work. I made sure plenty of times I wasn't screwing up somewhere, although it could be possible I'm still being dumb about something... But for the most part I don't think the problem is on my end. Again, I could be wrong!

I have no CTDs, no weird issues, animation problems, or anything bad really, game and all SexLab mods I have work as intended.

I'll try making a Papyrus log about it, give me a few minutes!

EDIT: Done!!

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by HerChianti
37 minutes ago, HerChianti said:

Thanks for the quick reply!

And oh, I should have been more specific should I? The one that specifically doesn't work is 210 Brood Maiden. Both others work, as do ALL other starts. It's just 210 that doesn't work. I made sure plenty of times I wasn't screwing up somewhere, although it could be possible I'm still being dumb about something... But for the most part I don't think the problem is on my end. Again, I could be wrong!

I have no CTDs, no weird issues, animation problems, or anything bad really, game and all SexLab mods I have work as intended.

I'll try making a Papyrus log about it, give me a few minutes!

EDIT: Done!!

Papyrus.0.log

Okay, that's weird. Lines 1317 and 1318 in your log show where CCAS is starting the brood maiden scenario.

However, nothing appears to happen between start and end there. Normally this would be good news, indicating that nothing went wrong.

Unfortunately, the Sexlab Stories broodmaiden modevent doesn't have any logging commands with it, so it's hard to tell for sure, but I'd at least expect some error message there if things were messing up.

After starting, are you a member of the chaurus faction? Try the console command player.getinfaction chaurusfaction (or possibly player.getinfaction 3c9a8) and see what it says?

If you are not in the chaurus faction, that means that Stories is screwing up somehow. My guess would be that particular script is funky. Possibly a bad install?

If you are in the faction, that means... I have no idea what that means. Possibly something wrong with CCAS, LAL, Stories, or Skyrim in general, but I've no idea.

Try reinstalling Sexlab Stories and see if that helps. You could also ask in the Sexlab Stories support thread - skyrimll might have a better idea.

EDIT: If reinstalling Stories doesn't help, then I'm pretty much stumped. As far as I can tell, nothing's going wrong anywhere, and since something is going wrong somewhere, either CCAS or Stories is screwing up, or there's been a massive shift in universal reality and we're now in a parallel timeline or something.

My bet would be on the parallel universe theory. Because then it's not my fault. ;)

Edited by Content Consumer
27 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

After starting, are you a member of the chaurus faction? Try the console command player.getinfaction chaurusfaction (or possibly player.getinfaction 3c9a8) and see what it says?

If you are not in the chaurus faction, that means that Stories is screwing up somehow. My guess would be that particular script is funky. Possibly a bad install?

If you are in the faction, that means... I have no idea what that means. Possibly something wrong with CCAS, LAL, Stories, or Skyrim in general, but I've no idea.

EDIT: If reinstalling Stories doesn't help, then I'm pretty much stumped. As far as I can tell, nothing's going wrong anywhere, and since something is going wrong somewhere, either CCAS or Stories is screwing up, or there's been a massive shift in universal reality and we're now in a parallel timeline or something.

My bet would be on the parallel universe theory. Because then it's not my fault. ;)

Using player.getinfaction 3c9a8 gave a 1, means I'm in it.

I reinstalled all mods a few times already, started new games like 20 times (because I had to troubleshoot other mods too), I'm 100% positive reinstalling Stories won't do anything since everything's booting up together for the first time.

Are you sure Brood Maiden start code has kept up with possible changes/updates on other mods that Brood Maiden has as requirements? Maybe something changed on the other mods and now Brood Maiden won't make the right call due to not knowing what to do? I have no scripting knowledge whatsoever so I'm not pretending to know, it's just my uneducated guess. I mean, we humans might make really awesome stuff (like this mod), but we're only human, aren't we? Hehe :dizzy:

Anyway I'll try asking skyrimll. Thanks for the help!

Edited by HerChianti
8 hours ago, HerChianti said:

Using player.getinfaction 3c9a8 gave a 1, means I'm in it.

I reinstalled all mods a few times already, started new games like 20 times (because I had to troubleshoot other mods too), I'm 100% positive reinstalling Stories won't do anything since everything's booting up together for the first time.

Are you sure Brood Maiden start code has kept up with possible changes/updates on other mods that Brood Maiden has as requirements? Maybe something changed on the other mods and now Brood Maiden won't make the right call due to not knowing what to do? I have no scripting knowledge whatsoever so I'm not pretending to know, it's just my uneducated guess. I mean, we humans might make really awesome stuff (like this mod), but we're only human, aren't we? Hehe :dizzy:

Anyway I'll try asking skyrimll. Thanks for the help!

As far as I know, nothing has changed in the Stories Brood Maiden scenario starting code. And since nothing has changed with CCAS either...

As a wild guess, I'd say it's just something wrong with CCAS + your build somehow. You're not the only one having these kinds of problems, but I have no idea how to fix it. For some people it works fine, and for others it doesn't work at all.

I wish I could help, but I really don't know what's wrong. :(

On 11/18/2017 at 5:42 PM, Content Consumer said:

As far as I know, nothing has changed in the Stories Brood Maiden scenario starting code. And since nothing has changed with CCAS either...

As a wild guess, I'd say it's just something wrong with CCAS + your build somehow. You're not the only one having these kinds of problems, but I have no idea how to fix it. For some people it works fine, and for others it doesn't work at all.

I wish I could help, but I really don't know what's wrong. :(

Reporting back with important info!

Turns out they did change, because if you are sure this worked fine before, it means skyrimll changed something in his mods at some point.

Brood Maiden start ONLY worked when I added SexLab Parasites (aka Kyne's Blessing). I have EC+, SD+ and its dependencies (DDA/DDI/DDX/etc), Sex Lab Stories & Devious. But it wasn't working. After I decided to restart one more time and decided to install SL Parasites it worked.

I don't know what this means, you're the one with coding knowledge so I'll leave the troubleshooting to you. But I guess that at least, it means that Kyne's Blessing is a requirement for the start to work (and probably most of the other mods too)

Edited by HerChianti
1 hour ago, HerChianti said:

Reporting back with important info!

Turns out they did change, because if you are sure this worked fine before, it means skyrimll changed something in his mods at some point.

Brood Maiden start ONLY worked when I added SexLab Parasites (aka Kyne's Blessing). I have EC+, SD+ and its dependencies (DDA/DDI/DDX/etc), Sex Lab Stories & Devious. But it wasn't working. After I decided to restart one more time and decided to install SL Parasites it worked.

I don't know what this means, you're the one with coding knowledge so I'll leave the troubleshooting to you. But I guess that at least, it means that Kyne's Blessing is a requirement for the start to work (and probably most of the other mods too)

That's it, right enough. I just got the requirements wrong in there in v13. Sorry about the mess there! :(

EDIT: I hadn't noticed because I'm using both Stories and Parasites. The modevent used to trigger through Stories and I forgot to update it even in the beta.

Edited by Content Consumer
1 hour ago, Content Consumer said:

That's it, right enough. I just got the requirements wrong in there in v13. Sorry about the mess there! :(

EDIT: I hadn't noticed because I'm using both Stories and Parasites. The modevent used to trigger through Stories and I forgot to update it even in the beta.

Haha it's fine! Glad the problem wasn't really a problem but just an oversight. Maybe this will help other people having similar problems!

• 2 weeks later...

Curious,  I started brand new char. (male) get to the statue and I see that I can pick, enslaved by slavers, wolf pet, bear pet, chew toy, and various prostitutions.. So I save and exit, start from scratch again this time with female char, get to statue and no enslaved, wolf pet, cat pet, chew toy, or prostitution options other that red wave.  I see the difference in starting as milk cow or starting milk business which makes scence, but why would my male char have prostitute options and not female not to mention the other pet and chew toy options.  I literally made male char first then female without leaving pc. never added or removed anything. Have gone back and forth to both saves and still seams backwards.  Dont see anywhere that it matters, but male is breton and female is nord.

Any ideas ??

Just made a breton female to see if it was a race issue...no luck, no pet or toy options and still only red wave prostitution.

1 hour ago, NIkki1564 said:

Curious,  I started brand new char. (male) get to the statue and I see that I can pick, enslaved by slavers, wolf pet, bear pet, chew toy, and various prostitutions.. So I save and exit, start from scratch again this time with female char, get to statue and no enslaved, wolf pet, cat pet, chew toy, or prostitution options other that red wave.  I see the difference in starting as milk cow or starting milk business which makes scence, but why would my male char have prostitute options and not female not to mention the other pet and chew toy options.  I literally made male char first then female without leaving pc. never added or removed anything. Have gone back and forth to both saves and still seams backwards.  Dont see anywhere that it matters, but male is breton and female is nord.

Any ideas ??

Just made a breton female to see if it was a race issue...no luck, no pet or toy options and still only red wave prostitution.

I don't think there are gender checks, and if there were your male character wouldn't have gotten the options and the female would have. I would guess you're getting one of the statue dialog bugs that have cropped up for various people though why they're reliably gender based, :shrug:

I've also noticed some poles with what look like skeletons hanging on them in the Pinemoon Cavern entry cave where the two wolves are. I don't know if any mod makes use of those or what options there might be... a Death Alternative scenario would make some sense, or some kind of "I want to be a vampire" start with you being the sacrifice by local townspeople for some reason or another, and the vampires release you from DD bonds... or put them on you, and the feed until you turn.

3 hours ago, NIkki1564 said:

Any ideas ??

Dang it, I had a long post typed up and I accidentally closed the window. :(

Anyway, to cut it short, here are a couple of possible causes:

• Hidden dialogue entries. As Karlpaws says, there is a bug in the vanilla engine that virtually "hides" entries when there are too many. What exactly counts as "too many" is unknown - Skyrim seems to be random about that. You can either use arrow keys to get to the hidden entries, or use a mod like EZ2C Dialogue Menu or Better Dialogue Controls that fix the bug.
  • Are you using any mods that alter player gender or sexlab gender in any way? Any futa mods or anything like that?
  • Between attempts, are you either reloading a save in the starting cell, or exiting to main menu, or exiting to OS? Reloading a save might be causing some issue with scripts half-finished running or not started or something. Exiting to main menu is supposed to fix those problems, but sometimes doesn't. The best sure-fire way to prevent possible holdover script issues is to exit straight to OS and then restart the game. It's a pain in the ass, particularly if you've got a lot of mods that require MCM fiddling, but it's the only way to be absolutely, totally sure.
  • You have a corrupted CCAS download. I highly doubt that this is the cause, but it's a remote possibility. Try re-downloading and re-installing if all else fails.
2 hours ago, karlpaws said:

I don't think there are gender checks, and if there were your male character wouldn't have gotten the options and the female would have. I would guess you're getting one of the statue dialog bugs that have cropped up for various people though why they're reliably gender based, :shrug:

I've also noticed some poles with what look like skeletons hanging on them in the Pinemoon Cavern entry cave where the two wolves are. I don't know if any mod makes use of those or what options there might be... a Death Alternative scenario would make some sense, or some kind of "I want to be a vampire" start with you being the sacrifice by local townspeople for some reason or another, and the vampires release you from DD bonds... or put them on you, and the feed until you turn.

IIRC v13 still has gender checks, they were removed in v14 and male/female scenarios fixed to allow for any choice. At least, I think it was v14 that removed them... CCAS used to have gender checks and they're gone now, and I'm pretty sure v14 is where I got rid of them.

As for pinemoon cave: I haven't added anything like that, it must be a mod. What sort of error are you getting? Any mods that alter vampire locations?

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood. I have a couple of ideas for vampire starting scenarios. The difficulty is reliably adding vampirism through script, because the vampire disease has a random chance to work. I know there's a way around it though.