sorry to bother, but when do you think the new release will be ready? can't wait to try it :D

I'm waiting on a couple of mods to update. One in particular - Devious Devices.

However, since I keep on adding little features, many of which break, and I haven't fixed the broken ones yet, I'll probably end up taking a couple days after DD updates just to make sure things are shipshape before uploading.

I also don't want to get your hopes up - the new version isn't really that much of an improvement. Mostly just bugfixes, a couple of changes to existing scenarios, and a few new scenarios. ;)

I click on "I am a character in a dark tale..." 

and no any option available 

Hmm... try waiting a minute and then try again? If that doesn't work, try starting a new game from scratch again?

You can also post a papyrus log, that might help. :)

*chuckles*

After 83 pages, perhaps it would be less work for you to just post a beta version with an appropriate "Use At Your Own Risk" notice

Oh, and yeah, sign me up :D

If you are accepting ideas ...

Shanghai'd

(do not use with FrostFall)

Backstory: PC is kidnapped and forced to work on a ship. She takes this rather badly, Over salts the food, leaves mop handle across steps, little "accidents". Crew has finally had enough, grabs the PC in the middle of the night, strips her naked and tosses her overboard.

Ingame start: PC is naked, no gold, no items, absolutely nothing and is at some random location in the sea. If possible, no map until PC gets to someplace where there have been or are people, when she "finds" one.

Optional: the PC's hands are bound behind her before being tossed overboard.

*chuckles*

After 83 pages, perhaps it would be less work for you to just post a beta version with an appropriate "Use At Your Own Risk" notice

Oh, and yeah, sign me up :D

If you are accepting ideas ...

Shanghai'd

(do not use with FrostFall)

Backstory: PC is kidnapped and forced to work on a ship. She takes this rather badly, Over salts the food, leaves mop handle across steps, little "accidents". Crew has finally had enough, grabs the PC in the middle of the night, strips her naked and tosses her overboard.

Ingame start: PC is naked, no gold, no items, absolutely nothing and is at some random location in the sea. If possible, no map until PC gets to someplace where there have been or are people, when she "finds" one.

Optional: the PC's hands are bound behind her before being tossed overboard.

I've been considering it. ;)

Your idea is actually almost exactly like the Dawnstar "escaped slave" scenario already in there, except for the backstory. I'm not sure if I can use a script to remove map markers though. I know you can add map markers via script, but I don't know of any way to make sure the map is blank to start...

I've been considering it. ;)

Your idea is actually almost exactly like the Dawnstar "escaped slave" scenario already in there, except for the backstory. I'm not sure if I can use a script to remove map markers though. I know you can add map markers via script, but I don't know of any way to make sure the map is blank to start...

Kinda like a Left for Dead start but in the water instead of land.

From the warnings Atlas Map Markers give me I think that markers found can't be removed but maybe you can disable the map itself? The EnablePlayerControls has a whole string you can use to enable or disable things, supposedly, but I don't remember if map controls are on that list. I don't remember trying to open the map in Helgen with a normal start.

Well, when your character is wearing an armbinder and other such things, the map is disabled.

The idea is similar to the shipwreck and left for dead ones, however, in this case, you're left with nothing. As for location, well, a basic random number generator should do. Might end up on an island, an ice flow or treading water that way. You'll never know for sure.

Well, when your character is wearing an armbinder and other such things, the map is disabled.

The idea is similar to the shipwreck and left for dead ones, however, in this case, you're left with nothing. As for location, well, a basic random number generator should do. Might end up on an island, an ice flow or treading water that way. You'll never know for sure.

2 things to note:
  • In the next version of DD, that limitation is going away.
  • In the current version it's possible to get around it anyway.

Kinda like a Left for Dead start but in the water instead of land.

From the warnings Atlas Map Markers give me I think that markers found can't be removed but maybe you can disable the map itself? The EnablePlayerControls has a whole string you can use to enable or disable things, supposedly, but I don't remember if map controls are on that list. I don't remember trying to open the map in Helgen with a normal start.

You can remove map markers in-game using a console command, so my first instinct was to say that there must be a script. However, I don't think there is - at least, I haven't found one - making TMM one of the very few console commands that don't have a script equivalent.

EDIT: I might be wrong though... now that I think about it, there might be a way. Hmm...

The marker could be embedded in the scaleform UI. The console command can just be a simple toggle for an option, could also be configurable from the ini files with bShowFloatingQuestMarkers and bShowQuestMarkers. Well, unless we are talking about another kind of marker.

In case this wasn't requested before: not a kinky idea in any way, but since there is a start both as vampire, and as vampire lord, could you add a start as werewolf, or werebear (with the dependency on moonlight tale)?

If this matter has already been dealed with, please excuse me not knowing.

In any case, thanks for all the effort and this nice mod of yours.

Edit: removed the doubling effect.. damn stereo :blush:

In case this wasn't requested before: not a kinky idea in any way, but since there is a start both as vampire, and as vampire lord, could you add a start as werewolf, or werebear (with the dependency on moonlight tale)?

If this matter has already been dealed with, please excuse me not knowing.

In any case, thanks for all the effort and this nice mod of yours.

There is a start, possibly from the New Beginnings mod on Nexus, that lets you start as a werewolf in Magni's camp on Solsteim.

I personally like to pick one of several other starts and then just use ML Tales to transform myself. On the other hand, a "captive of the Silver Hand" or a wolf in a lair start might not be bad.  In the Beta there are two other starts that work well... one tied into (but not exactly requiring) the Beastess Lairs mod and another branch that starts in a cave with a selection of animals (as master to your slave player).

Having trouble with this mod: I'm currently unable to use any of the CCAS starts and I am unable to fix the "fading" bug. I have tried the fix listed with the save editor, and am being very careful when I save (making sure all install notifications in-game finish, and that any mods that need enabling get enabled). CCAS_Starts is below LAL in my load order also, and they're both just above bashed patch. Still no luck. What can I do?

Having trouble with this mod: I'm currently unable to use any of the CCAS starts and I am unable to fix the "fading" bug. I have tried the fix listed with the save editor, and am being very careful when I save (making sure all install notifications in-game finish, and that any mods that need enabling get enabled). CCAS_Starts is below LAL in my load order also, and they're both just above bashed patch. Still no luck. What can I do?

Someone else recently had a problem that sounded similar...

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60586-content-consumers-alternate-starts/page-83?do=findComment&comment=2004420

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60586-content-consumers-alternate-starts/page-83?do=findComment&comment=2004514

And here are a couple of other suggestions:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60586-content-consumers-alternate-starts/page-63?do=findComment&comment=1783370

so i just installed this mod since it seemed interesting and all. choose the qatl starting for test. went to sleep, screen fade to black... a second later, i'm still in the cell, the statue is gone and there are lockpicks.... so i think i fucked up. any idea where or what...?

Someone else recently had a problem that sounded similar...

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60586-content-consumers-alternate-starts/page-83?do=findComment&comment=2004420

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60586-content-consumers-alternate-starts/page-83?do=findComment&comment=2004514

And here are a couple of other suggestions:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60586-content-consumers-alternate-starts/page-63?do=findComment&comment=1783370

CC, thank you for the very swift reply!

I don't have any of the conflicting mods in your list. I am using Crash Fixes and the suggested save editor. I'm not actually getting any crashes (well, very occasional CTDs on loading a save game but going back and re-loading again usually works), neither in game nor with the save editor. I simply can't choose anything from the CCAS list - it always fades out and in. I am saving within the LAL cell just before making a selection with the statue, or after I have made a selection: the same thing happens.

I don't have ALL the "soft" required mods installed, but I've tried various scenarios that I do have the appropriate mods for (e.g. Brood Mother) and nothing happens. I have tried to speak to Lotte "manually" and can't work out how to start that quest that way either...

Anyway I've attached a Papyrus log and the loadorder generated by Mod Organiser. I hope they can provide some insight.

Papyrus.0.log

loadorder.txt

so i just installed this mod since it seemed interesting and all. choose the qatl starting for test. went to sleep, screen fade to black... a second later, i'm still in the cell, the statue is gone and there are lockpicks.... so i think i fucked up. any idea where or what...?

You might not have. There's a common problem where that happens, and I don't have any way to even figure out why it happens so I can get rid of it permanently.

Try this: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60586-content-consumers-alternate-starts/page-27?do=findComment&comment=1596428

I don't have any of the conflicting mods in your list. I am using Crash Fixes and the suggested save editor. I'm not actually getting any crashes (well, very occasional CTDs on loading a save game but going back and re-loading again usually works), neither in game nor with the save editor. I simply can't choose anything from the CCAS list - it always fades out and in. I am saving within the LAL cell just before making a selection with the statue, or after I have made a selection: the same thing happens.

I don't have ALL the "soft" required mods installed, but I've tried various scenarios that I do have the appropriate mods for (e.g. Brood Mother) and nothing happens. I have tried to speak to Lotte "manually" and can't work out how to start that quest that way either...

Anyway I've attached a Papyrus log and the loadorder generated by Mod Organiser. I hope they can provide some insight.

Damn that looks familiar. Doing a quick look through the support thread, that's happened before to like half a dozen people. For some reason, the game thinks that every property in my scripts is unlinked to the actual game. Which is normally impossible unless I've done something monumentally stupid during development. I'm not ruling that out, but since so many other people have tried it and haven't had this problem, I'm reluctantly forced to say it's gotta be on your end somehow...

I can suggest re-downloading and reinstalling CCAS, and see if that fixes it. Possibly a corrupted file or something.

I can also suggest starting a brand new game from scratch and see if it happens again.

But as far as I'm aware, there's no great fix here. :( :( :( :(

You could also try looking through the support thread here (all 84 pages, I know...) and see if anything matches your situation, but from my cursory look I don't think anyone's fixed that particular problem yet. At least, I can't remember it happening.

You might not have. There's a common problem where that happens, and I don't have any way to even figure out why it happens so I can get rid of it permanently.

Try this: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/60586-content-consumers-alternate-starts/page-27?do=findComment&comment=1596428

Damn that looks familiar. Doing a quick look through the support thread, that's happened before to like half a dozen people. For some reason, the game thinks that every property in my scripts is unlinked to the actual game. Which is normally impossible unless I've done something monumentally stupid during development. I'm not ruling that out, but since so many other people have tried it and haven't had this problem, I'm reluctantly forced to say it's gotta be on your end somehow...

I can suggest re-downloading and reinstalling CCAS, and see if that fixes it. Possibly a corrupted file or something.

I can also suggest starting a brand new game from scratch and see if it happens again.

But as far as I'm aware, there's no great fix here. :( :( :( :(

You could also try looking through the support thread here (all 84 pages, I know...) and see if anything matches your situation, but from my cursory look I don't think anyone's fixed that particular problem yet. At least, I can't remember it happening.

Thanks for replying again, CC. At least I know now. I have removed and reinstalled CCAS a few times. I wonder if it's possible to try a slightly older version? The odd thing is that I HAVE had it working with this particular setup, but that was before I installed quite a few mods (then removed tons!)...

I would like to replicate some of the scenarios manually if possible but there isn't much info on any of the LL wikis. e.g. How does one start the SexLab Stories Broodmaiden quest?

didnt work. :(

Thanks for replying again, CC. At least I know now. I have removed and reinstalled CCAS a few times. I wonder if it's possible to try a slightly older version? The odd thing is that I HAVE had it working with this particular setup, but that was before I installed quite a few mods (then removed tons!)...

I would like to replicate some of the scenarios manually if possible but there isn't much info on any of the LL wikis. e.g. How does one start the SexLab Stories Broodmaiden quest?

I think the most recent older version I have is v11. http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1812-misc-stuff/

I don't know where v12 went. :)

But Bicobus made a good question. Is it only CCAS that's causing you issues?

Unfortunately, as far as I know at this time there aren't any other mods that initiate many of skyrimll's scenarios.

Brood Maiden though, should be accessible by exploring the swamps north of Morthal. You'll find a stone ring covered in chaurus and glowing crystals. There should be a pregnant woman hanging around - start a conversation.

didnt work. :(

Ugh. You might be having the same problem then. Did you try any of the other solutions in that link for Vertiphon?