Deviously Helpless Patched v1.17a 20160329

Sounds like you have an install error or another mod is interfering, might be useful if you post a log

The only issue I'm aware of is bandits being slow to sandbox which I'll look at again when SL1.63 is released

We need an update. 

Not very likely as it's not my mod to update in that way (I just try to keep it working) and tbh I'm not into "gilding the lily" for its own sake, so I'm not sure what would really improve it. But have a bucket my friend for asking (Inte won't miss it :) )

• 1 month later...

I was hoping that you would add being naked as a trigger for being helpless.  Having no weapon and no clothing would kinda make a woman helpless when faced with bandits.

Great work.  Thanks for sharing.

I'm not planning any updates until SL1.63 is out, then I want to try to tighten up the bandit sandboxing routine a bit more to reduce the delay time.

I think adding what you are asking for might cause some clashes for users using combat surrender in DCL though, which does something a bit similar to what you are asking for.

I was hoping that you would add being naked as a trigger for being helpless.  Having no weapon and no clothing would kinda make a woman helpless when faced with bandits.

Great work.  Thanks for sharing.

I'm not planning any updates until SL1.63 is out, then I want to try to tighten up the bandit sandboxing routine a bit more to reduce the delay time.

I think adding what you are asking for might cause some clashes for users using combat surrender in DCL though, which does something a bit similar to what you are asking for.

DCL  has that now?  Guess I haven't seen all the changes of the last update... or two.  As regards to clashes, just have it toggled in MCM.  I imediately disable DCL combat surrender since it conflicts with Defeat.  Thus I don't know what all has changed. 

Thanks for getting  back to me.

This has always been a great mod.

Great work, but... We need an update. Currently mod doesn't summon ZAZ furniture from Zaz Animation Pack 7.0.

DH uses ZAP for the binds after an encounter. I use ZAP V7 but I don't have the animations registered in SL as a lot of them seem to have problems in V7, so I've not seen it happen myself as DH uses SL registered animations

I'll take a look when I have a moment though

• 1 month later...

Seems like there's an issue with NPCs following me around all the time. It was suggested that I stop and wait which I did, it sent them away(For instance the smith in Riverwood returns to his shop) for a little bit but then they quickly track me back. Problem seems to persist regardless of dialogue options(For instance if I reply negatively to any dialogue they initiate), if that helps.

I should have been more clear; It does only occur after finishing a hostile encounter. It definitely doesn't go away after seconds, nor minutes. I'll test again and let it run for 10', see what happens.

Sounds like Deviously enslaved to me. 

I don't have Deviously Enslaved installed and I get the exact same issue.

The only way of fixing it atm seems to be the "Reset Running Scenes" maintenance option from Deviously Helpless. 

edit: Forget about the anecdote I added before, now I can't even reproduce it myself.

edit 2: Now they still follow me around but just for a moment. Then they stay behind and I can escape.

Really weird, somehow it seems to  have fixed itself for good after resetting running scenes.  :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Hello Slorm,

I tried Helpless in my current game and I found some issues.

1) DH doesn't seem to recognize Yokes. When my character wearing a Yoke, nobody molests her. I think it should have the same effect as Armbinders.

2) It would be nice to have an option so the attackers need Line of Sight to attack the character. In my current game I was attacked by Draugrs who were in the next room, inside their tombs.

3) The aforemnetioned Draugs stole my money, but it wasn't on them when I killed them a few minutes later. Would be nice to have a possibility to get back the stolen money.

4) In the same event the Draugr didn't steal my Restraint keys (it was set in the MCM that they should).

Since the new DD should be released soon(ish), I think it would be logical just wait until it does and (hopefully) update this mod with the changes it brings.

Peace,

M

3 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Hello Slorm,

I tried Helpless in my current game and I found some issues.

1) DH doesn't seem to recognize Yokes. When my character wearing a Yoke, nobody molests her. I think it should have the same effect as Armbinders.

2) It would be nice to have an option so the attackers need Line of Sight to attack the character. In my current game I was attacked by Draugrs who were in the next room, inside their tombs.

3) The aforemnetioned Draugs stole my money, but it wasn't on them when I killed them a few minutes later. Would be nice to have a possibility to get back the stolen money.

4) In the same event the Draugr didn't steal my Restraint keys (it was set in the MCM that they should).

Since the new DD should be released soon(ish), I think it would be logical just wait until it does and (hopefully) update this mod with the changes it brings.

Peace,

M

1/ Yes, it wouldn't recognise yokes as they weren't around when DH first came out, hobble skirts aren't recognised either at the moment. If it's straightforward to add them in I will

2/ It works on LOS while the pc is sneaking without a drawn weapon. Once spotted then it will draw all hostiles up to a certain radius (can't remember the radius of the top of my head). That's working as it should

3/ Yes I've noticed that. Thinking back to conversations with Srende some years ago the routine for bandits is that they spend some gold (so you never get it all back) the Draugr I thought would would leave some in a body or container somewhere but I'll need to look at the scripts to check that.

4/ I think only bandits take keys as the Draugr have their own routine with the rusty chastity belt and key

I'll have a look  once the new DD is out and SL1.63 as I want to tighten the timing on the sandboxing for exterior bandit encounters to stop them following the pc for so long (seems okay in interiors and for Draugr)

I was also wondering whether to cut down the the chance of getting fitted with the rusty chastity belt as it's a very active item (or rather the plugs are). The original thinking was that the pc while fitted would have to rely much more on combat, rather than spells which nearly always make the plugs fire. I recently had an "accident" with a container and DCL which fitted me with some pony boots, this then immediately fired DH and I then got the rusty chastity belt courtesy of some Draugr. As I play an assassin/conjuror I found it quite challenging to get through it all, but on the other hand it's fun to have to play in a different way so I'm open to suggestions either way.

2 hours ago, Slorm said:

2/ It works on LOS while the pc is sneaking without a drawn weapon. Once spotted then it will draw all hostiles up to a certain radius (can't remember the radius of the top of my head). That's working as it should

3/ Yes I've noticed that. Thinking back to conversations with Srende some years ago the routine for bandits is that they spend some gold (so you never get it all back) the Draugr I thought would would leave some in a body or container somewhere but I'll need to look at the scripts to check that.

Hello Slorm,

thanks for the answers!

2) I'm not sure I understand your answer. In my game there was definitely no Line of Sight, there were at least 2 walls (3 if you count the tomb cover) between me and the attacking draugr. It happened right after a Devious Chests event (it gives the basic functionality of DCL, just without all the other stuff, much more lightweight).

3) I checked the containers around the event, but none of them had my 100K+ gold in it. :smile: I may have missed the one though.

As for equipping CBs or restraints, I'm okay either way as long as it is logical. For example I don't like when a mod equips Nipple Piercing while the character is wearing Chastity Bra. Same for plugs while wearing belt already.

Peace,

M

22 hours ago, monsta88 said:

2) I'm not sure I understand your answer. In my game there was definitely no Line of Sight, there were at least 2 walls (3 if you count the tomb cover) between me and the attacking draugr. It happened right after a Devious Chests event (it gives the basic functionality of DCL, just without all the other stuff, much more lightweight).

Right, I'll explain the mechanics as best I can.

A DH event will fire if:

1/ If the pc is unarmed and not sneaking and fitted with a devious device, a temporary cloak is applied (I can't remember the the number of units it spans off the top of my head) and all hostiles in that radius will be drawn to have some fun with the pc. This will work through walls as it's based on the radius from the pc

2/ Equipping a weapon or sneaking will remove the cloak

3/ While unarmed and fitted with a devious device and the pc is sneaking but detected (in LOS of a hostile) then the cloak is applied and 1/ occurs. However the pc must be in the LOS of a hostile so the detection in this case will not happen through walls as the cloak is not applied at that point

In short the LOS applied to the detection of the pc only, once detected anything in the cloak radius will be attracted to the pc

As an aside this can be a useful tactic in a Draugr dungeon where there are swinging blades, as they all get so intent of having a bit of nooky they get themselves chopped up running through the blades :grin:

2 hours ago, Slorm said:

Right, I'll explain the mechanics as best I can.

A DH event will fire if:

1/ If the pc is unarmed and not sneaking and fitted with a devious device, a temporary cloak is applied (I can't remember the the number of units it spans off the top of my head) and all hostiles in that radius will be drawn to have some fun with the pc. This will work through walls as it's based on the radius from the pc

2/ Equipping a weapon or sneaking will remove the cloak

3/ While unarmed and fitted with a devious device and the pc is sneaking but detected (in LOS of a hostile) then the cloak is applied and 1/ occurs. However the pc must be in the LOS of a hostile so the detection in this case will not happen through walls as the cloak is not applied at that point

In short the LOS applied to the detection of the pc only, once detected anything in the cloak radius will be attracted to the pc

As an aside this can be a useful tactic in a Draugr dungeon where there are swinging blades, as they all get so intent of having a bit of nooky they get themselves chopped up running through the blades :grin:

Thank you, now I understand. In this case, is it possible to have an MCM option for this cloak to activate only when the enemy has LOS or detection?

I think it would be a bit more realistic if the enemy would attack only if they are aware of the character's presence.

I was also thinking about how to handle the DDs bound combat feature, but I guess the players have to choose if they want that or Helpless, since they are kind of the opposite.

Peace,

M

20 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Thank you, now I understand. In this case, is it possible to have an MCM option for this cloak to activate only when the enemy has LOS or detection?

I think it would be a bit more realistic if the enemy would attack only if they are aware of the character's presence.

I was also thinking about how to handle the DDs bound combat feature, but I guess the players have to choose if they want that or Helpless, since they are kind of the opposite.

Peace,

M

That's how it is at present, the cloak applies if the pc is detected by LOS if unarmed and sneaking.

I'm wondering though if you mean when the pc is not sneaking. I'd really not want to go down that line as it would in effect denature the purpose of DH particularly in the way it works with DCL. Kimy very kindly added the breaking of sneak to DCL a while back so that DH would fire if the pc is fitted with a device from a chest (or body) and hostiles were around. The original purpose of the mod was to add risk if the player did not sneak to gain the speed increase from moving openly (hope that makes sense)

• 2 weeks later...

First of all: great mod! This really adds a lot to skyrims DD complex!

BUT: 

The fact that I always get an armbinder after every incident drives me mad :frown: 

It breaks with so many other mods that could be used with Deviously Helpless. 

For example: I very often have heavy bondage (yoke, new DD 4 prisoner chains, breast yoke etc.).

Applying the armbinder (a simple rope) always makes the yoke look... funny since the hands are not in.

Its not a major downside, but the rope often makes also problems when other modes remove THEIR DDs and the armbinder remains.

I always have to remove it manually via Devious Devices Equip :frown:

The simple option to turn the "auto fix with a rope" off in Deviously Helpless would make me happy beyond any way I can describe :smile:

If, for any reason, there is already a way to turn it off: sorry for wasting your time... But please tell me! 

When Srende first made DH it was long before the later devices (like yokes, hobble skirts etc) were around so DH doesn't recognise them, but I can see how it would trigger if you're wearing say a yoke and also devices it does recognise (cuffs, belts etc).

When SL1.63 is out I'm intending to do some further maintenance work so I'll see if it can be switched off, though from memory I have a nasty feeling it may be needed for the scripts to end properly and reset the hostile flags, but I'd need to check to be sure. In any case I want to reduce the time the pc it bound by rope a bit as without a cell change it takes around 2 minutes plus in real time which I think is a bit too long myself.

• 1 month later...

It looks to me  with the new changes to Devious Assets, Expansion, and Integration, Helpless no longer recognizes devices worn by the character.  I cannot get it to trigger on any device anymore.

Is this correct or am I just missing something?  If so, was there a plan to update this to work with the new system?

Thanks.

No disrespect to the current DD team but I've not seen any reason to update to DD4, so I can't answer that.

I'll have a look at it when SL1.63 is released but from what I read on the DD thread v4 should be backward compatible so shouldn't cause a problem, but I will look into it

I was under the impression that the keywords had been left for backward compatibility. Also a lot of the later devices have never worked with DH as it only covered the items in DDA and some others that Srende added later (gloves and boots). Items like the hobble skirt are not picked up by DH neither are yokes iirc (been a while since I checked)

I'm busy with CPD coursework on top of work atm so I don't have the time to do any testing at present but I'll take a look when rl eases up

2 hours ago, Slorm said:

I was under the impression that the keywords had been left for backward compatibility. Also a lot of the later devices have never worked with DH as it only covered the items in DDA and some others that Srende added later (gloves and boots). Items like the hobble skirt are not picked up by DH neither are yokes iirc (been a while since I checked)

I'm busy with CPD coursework on top of work atm so I don't have the time to do any testing at present but I'll take a look when rl eases up

Ah, the joys of CPD!  Best wishes on that.... :classic_smile:

Oof now am not sure whether or not to keep this mod... I got the original without seeing yours & while it functions fine, there are times when I encounter a group of 3 enemies & they'll initiate a foursome animation yet only one NPC actually participates besides me. If your version fixes that then great, but if this mod is now functioning bad cuz of DDi 4.0, most likely the original will too so I'd have to lose that mod to get DDi 4.0 if I want Cursed Loot ;-;

Please read my earlier posts regarding DD4 it's not something I have time to look at present.

With regard to animations I have no idea, DH will trigger sex animations which is then handled by SL before control is handed back to DH to apply the binds.

If it's using one of the ZAP animations then that maybe where the problem is as some of them not longer work correctly with the latest SL (like the Doggy ones) but as you haven't told me the specific name of the animation I can't really say (you can get this by opening console when the animation is playing).

From memory there was also a animation with three or four players which was never worked, I can't remember the name but it was "Gay..." something or other (the one with the guy on the floor with his arm up and mouth open)

On 2/8/2018 at 2:40 PM, Slorm said:

Please read my earlier posts regarding DD4 it's not something I have time to look at present.

With regard to animations I have no idea, DH will trigger sex animations which is then handled by SL before control is handed back to DH to apply the binds.

If it's using one of the ZAP animations then that maybe where the problem is as some of them not longer work correctly with the latest SL (like the Doggy ones) but as you haven't told me the specific name of the animation I can't really say (you can get this by opening console when the animation is playing).

From memory there was also a animation with three or four players which was never worked, I can't remember the name but it was "Gay..." something or other (the one with the guy on the floor with his arm up and mouth open)

the animation you're referring to is Zyn Gay 4way i think, but I have more 4some animations from FunnyBiz which are the ones being called on in this situation that was only givin me 1 other NPC.

Also i have ZAP overrides turned off so it shouldn't be stoppin, breakin, or pickin different animations cuz of any DD or ZAP gear (had that issue when I 1st used SL Kidnapped).