Deviously Helpless Patched v1.17a 20160329

On 23/02/2018 at 1:57 AM, AdorableDeviant said:

Is there any plans to toss in the straitjacket? I think it may have its own tags. I thought it would trip off the armbinder tags, but sadly not.

If it's straightforward and I can add it in with the armbinders I'll look at adding it (similar for the hobble skirt) though I'm not looking to update until SL1.63 is finalised. Personally, I'm not using DDI4 but it should work in theory for both versions if it will compile correctly and the tags are there. I try to avoid altering Srende's code as much as possible so adding them to an existing MCM toggle looks the best option.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Shaddranat said:

Having a bit of an issue. Just downloaded this and installed.  For some reason, the MCM menu won't show up. Any way to fix this?

All I can suggest is to reinstall, MCM is a function of Skyui and it doesn't always work properly and sometimes it can also be very slow updating. You can try opening other menu items then go back into game as that is supposed to force an update.

Alternately, you can also try opening the console and typing in:

setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

I think that's the correct command (I haven't used it for some years), so might be worth checking google if nothing happens in case my memory has slipped

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

All I can suggest is to reinstall, MCM is a function of Skyui and it doesn't always work properly and sometimes it can also be very slow updating. You can try opening other menu items then go back into game as that is supposed to force an update.

Alternately, you can also try opening the console and typing in:

setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

I think that's the correct command (I haven't used it for some years), so might be worth checking google if nothing happens in case my memory has slipped

I'll give it a shot. Thanks! (let ya know if it worked)

UPDATE: The gods must love fucking with me.... I reinstalled the mod 4 times yesterday when I first downloaded it and nothing. Did it once just now (ya know, just to see) and damned if the fucking this didn't start right up. It's working now, lol. Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sylph_ said:

Wait so what's wrong with the normal Deviously Helpless? Like what does this patch do? I couldn't find a clear answer anywhere in this forum or the description (unless I'm blind)

The older DH doesn't work with SL1.6+ which uses papyutil 32 (bandits just stand around due to changes in priorities scripting). Draugr were not affected as they use a different routine

If you're still using SL1.59 then stay with the older version of DH

33 minutes ago, Slorm said:

The older DH doesn't work with SL1.6+ which uses papyutil 32 (bandits just stand around due to changes in priorities scripting). Draugr were not affected as they use a different routine

If you're still using SL1.59 then stay with the older version of DH

oh, thanks! you might want to put that in the description, I was really confused as to why this patch existed, though I also just didn't notice that my DH wasn't doing anything lol

28 minutes ago, sylph_ said:

oh, thanks! you might want to put that in the description, I was really confused as to why this patch existed, though I also just didn't notice that my DH wasn't doing anything lol

Not sure if it's been edited in today, but when I check now the first line in the description does say "This is a patched version of Deviously Helpless which should now work correctly with PapyrusUtil v3.2 and Sexlab v1.6+."

17 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

Not sure if it's been edited in today, but when I check now the first line in the description does say "This is a patched version of Deviously Helpless which should now work correctly with PapyrusUtil v3.2 and Sexlab v1.6+."

Ah, I see now. That line just might not have sounded clear enough to me/people who are sort of new to skyrim modding. I also just might be dumb, I couldn't tell that that sentence meant that DH does not work with sexlab 1.6+

• 3 months later...

This may be a goofy question, but....

I like the "followers in scenes" option.  However, my follower isn't part of the vanilla follower system, and he doesn't affect the global variable "PlayerFollowerCount".

How can I get DHPatched to "see" him and use him?  Is there something simple I can do in the CK, so he'll register as a follower and therefore, be in scenes?  Or would it be easier/better to edit my follower instead?  (Note, I made him, therefore I can change all kinds of things on him, if I know *what* to change.)

And I must say, I was *very* glad for DHPatched.  DH has always been one of my very favorite mods, and now I can (more or less) use it again!  So thank you, Slorm, for caring enough to take the trouble to do this patch.

4 hours ago, Allannaa said:

This may be a goofy question, but....

I like the "followers in scenes" option.  However, my follower isn't part of the vanilla follower system, and he doesn't affect the global variable "PlayerFollowerCount".

How can I get DHPatched to "see" him and use him?  Is there something simple I can do in the CK, so he'll register as a follower and therefore, be in scenes?  Or would it be easier/better to edit my follower instead?  (Note, I made him, therefore I can change all kinds of things on him, if I know *what* to change.)

And I must say, I was *very* glad for DHPatched.  DH has always been one of my very favorite mods, and now I can (more or less) use it again!  So thank you, Slorm, for caring enough to take the trouble to do this patch.

I'm afraid I haven't the faintest idea as I never use followers (I play as an assassin/rogue character so they just get in the way) but I would guess that you would need to adjust the follower settings in CK so they appear as a regular follower. I've seen similar issues with Touring Carriages and Interesting NPC's where only some of the NPC's will board a carriage.

Sorry I can't be of more help but it might be worth asking someone like CPU who has much more experience than me

• 2 weeks later...

Could there be more options for limiting fast travel? Current ones are:

1) No restrictions.

2) When any device is worn.

3) When armbinder and blindfold are worn.

Problem with 2) is that it includes plugs, piercings, chastity and nonrestricting cuffs. And there is no option "armbinder OR blindfold". And i assume armbinder will always include yokes, robe binding, wrist bindings and locked rubber gloves? Actually leg chains and hobbles should be included in those options as they're just as bad limiter.

But option i would use is:

4) Any restricting device (armbinders/wristbinds, blindfolds, leg-chains/hobble), corset (it reduces stamina), plugged (they can slow player down a lot). If player in position where she can remove plugs then she would. I won't even include chastity belt check here, it's redundant.

• 1 month later...

@Slorm 

Hey! 

I have a small request, since this very mode seems to be the only one who can do (almost) perfectly what I need...

Can you add an option to deactivate the automatic wrist restraints added by the mod after rape? This feature cannot be deactivated currently in MCM, even when all device options and stuff disabled. It really kills the mod for me, since I usually play with a lot of DDs already and cannot stand mods interfering with that so much (Shout like a Virgin currently). 

On 11/7/2018 at 9:19 PM, Nymra said:

@Slorm 

Hey! 

I have a small request, since this very mode seems to be the only one who can do (almost) perfectly what I need...

Can you add an option to deactivate the automatic wrist restraints added by the mod after rape? This feature cannot be deactivated currently in MCM, even when all device options and stuff disabled. It really kills the mod for me, since I usually play with a lot of DDs already and cannot stand mods interfering with that so much (Shout like a Virgin currently). 

I'll have a look when I get a moment. It'll probably be next weekend now as I've just got back from a trip away and have another down South for most of next week for work.

From memory, it sets the wrist binds to clear after around 2 and half minutes or on a cell change, so if it's not straightforward I may be able to upload an alternative script which sets it to release in 0 seconds for the time being

5 hours ago, Slorm said:

I'll have a look when I get a moment. It'll probably be next weekend now as I've just got back from a trip away and have another down South for most of next week for work.

From memory, it sets the wrist binds to clear after around 2 and half minutes or on a cell change, so if it's not straightforward I may be able to upload an alternative script which sets it to release in 0 seconds for the time being

Hey! That would be great and a big relief, thank you! 

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, CovertDemon said:

Sorry for the necro, but would it be possible to have an option that excludes ghosts from the mod?

TBH I think it would be more work than it's worth as it would need a number of changes and additional MCM entries (or I'll have requests to add the ghosts back). I'll have a look when I have time, but it won't be this side of Xmas as I'm flat out at work atm.

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, keleslohep said:

@Slorm did you already happen to look into making the automatic restraint not happen, because its rather immersion killing when the PC is already in a arm restraint. Sadly this is one of the options wich i'd like to be toggleable/disabled due do other mods already applying restraints afterwards.

Just go to "Restraint Equipping" in the MCM and untoggle "Equip Random Devices".

If you already have an armbinder fitted before DH fires  it will replace it after the scene regardless of the above setting.

On 2/17/2019 at 3:55 PM, Slorm said:

Just go to "Restraint Equipping" in the MCM and untoggle "Equip Random Devices".

If you already have an armbinder fitted before DH fires  it will replace it after the scene regardless of the above setting.

Regardless of that setting, the PC will still get bound with a wrist rope from this addon, even if they are already bound with an armbinder or anything else. Wich is rather wierd looking, since it kinda breaks the animation for the armbinder, or whatever they are wearing.

Not sure if this also happens if the random devices get applied when the setting is on.

Hmm, I can't say I've noticed it myself but I still use DDI v3 which I prefer. There may be some oddities with DDI v4 as they changed some of the tags but from the very brief test I did it seemed to work okay (except for the rusty chastity belt which I wasn't sorry to see the back of).

I'm pretty busy in rl but I'll try and take a look when I have a moment. The binds in my view are applied for far too long in any case (from memory it's around two minutes or on a cell change) and does need cutting down as it just gets boring. If possible I'll add a slider to the MCM though that may be going beyond what Srende would have originally wished.

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2019 at 9:10 PM, Slorm said:

Hmm, I can't say I've noticed it myself but I still use DDI v3 which I prefer. There may be some oddities with DDI v4 as they changed some of the tags but from the very brief test I did it seemed to work okay (except for the rusty chastity belt which I wasn't sorry to see the back of).

I'm pretty busy in rl but I'll try and take a look when I have a moment. The binds in my view are applied for far too long in any case (from memory it's around two minutes or on a cell change) and does need cutting down as it just gets boring. If possible I'll add a slider to the MCM though that may be going beyond what Srende would have originally wished.

Any news on that armbinder thingy?

I know its always nice to honor original mod authors, but in this case I really feel like the mod is kinda broken because it basically breaks the items it works with (especially with a yoke it looks stupid :( )

And 2 minutes can be a veeeeery long time when you use this mod with a normal playthrough where you just get raped and bound instead of dieing. I tried to go with this several times now, but I always stopped using it just because the armbinder became so annoying.

I would appreciate either a MCM toggle (off) which would preserve the original option or a slider that allows to reduce the time to a set time or just to 0. 

11 hours ago, Nymra said:

Any news on that armbinder thingy?

Sorry but I'm extremely busy in rl and simply not had time to dig through all the scripts. I'm working all next week and the weekend but if things ease up after that I'll try and take a look. To save time I'll probably just release a separate patch for it rather than spend time fiddling with the MCM.