Deviously Helpless Patched v1.17a 20160329

Deviously Helpless Patched v1.17a 20160329

View File

This is a patched version of Deviously Helpless which should now work correctly with PapyrusUtil v3.2 and Sexlab v1.6+.

I have tested it both with SL1.59c with PapyrusUtil v3.2 and also with SL1.61b

The earlier patch I posted in the DH thread had a problem with the Bandit approach, in that the player had to move next to the bandit before the sex attack would trigger, which I have now corrected by changing some of the conditions. There is still the slightly annoying bug (which was also in the old v1.15d version) when after the event has finished and the player is released, the attackers will follow the player. As before you just need to stop once or twice and the attackers will stop following.

Deviously Helpless was created by Srende the mod is all his work not mine. I have not made any other changes nor do I intend to as I consider the mod to be in a finished state and I'm not one for "gilding the lily" for its own sake. It is also has quite complex scripts so making changes would probably need a complete rewrite.

It is technically backward compatible but if you're using SL1.59c stick with DH v1.15d which you can download from the original Deviously Helpless page rather than using this, as there's absolutely no point.

It's not perfect but if you like DH and SL1.6+ hopefully you'll find this useful

Credits:
Srende - for writing the mod in the first place
DocClox - for the initial work on priorities
Kimy, Inte and Skyrimll for answering some of my dumb questions (apologies if I've missed anyone)

Requirements are the same as before but here's the list:

• SexLab
  • SexLab Aroused
  • Zaz Animation Pack
  • Devious Devices - Assets
  • Devious Devices - Integration

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/29/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

Wanted to post yesterday, but forums were acting up.

Thanks heaps Slorm! I'd given up on DHLP middle last year when I started experiencing the wandering bandit issue (even back in 1.59 - had posted about it in the original thread back on the 27th of July 2015 - was I an early upgrader of papyrus utils? I have no clue anymore).

My load order always felt something was missing since then. Now you've changed that. Thanks for your persistence, and I'm glad you can now (presumably) upgrade to the latest version of Sexlab.

Thanks both, let me know if you run into any problems but it seems to be good so far.

@Chipstick

Not sure about SL1.6+ as it animations don't seem as smooth as 1.59c so I'll probably stick with 1.59c for now and just use the updated papyrusutils to maintain mod compatibility. I never used all the animation slots on the old version of SL so I'm not fussed about not have the extra slots now, so I'll probably hold off until the next SL upgrade. I've not quite made up my mind at this point

• 3 weeks later...

Huh. I've got the latest DH and it's requirements, but even after spawning and wearing every DD under the sun through the console they still just smash my face in with real swords instead of pork swords. Not really sure why.

Bandits or Draugr?

Have you untoggled attacks in the MCM, weapon equipped or are sneaking?

Not sure if this is in the right topic, but is there any way to disable or at least lower the chance of getting a chastity belt/bra vs a harness?

Not in DH there isn't. You'll find that level of granularity in mods like Deviously Cursed Loot and Devious Captures.

Not sure if this is in the right topic, but is there any way to disable or at least lower the chance of getting a chastity belt/bra vs a harness?

Not in DH there isn't. You'll find that level of granularity in mods like Deviously Cursed Loot and Devious Captures.

Huh. I've got the latest DH and it's requirements, but even after spawning and wearing every DD under the sun through the console they still just smash my face in with real swords instead of pork swords. Not really sure why.

Bandits or Draugr?

Have you untoggled attacks in the MCM, weapon equipped or are sneaking?

Bandits; like cracked tusk keep, the forts, ect, all the same. Never enabled draugr. Attacks enabled. No weapons equipped or sneaking. I don't see anything that could possibly conflict with it, but am still looking into it. Trying to uninstall/reinstall and clean save, see if that does anything.

First things first, are you seeing the MCM?

I was seeing it at first, but the mod wasn't working for some reason. Then I did the 'uninstall' option to see if it would fix it, saved, did the save clean thing, and loaded it back up. However the MCM menu never came back after that. Then I just uninstalled the mod completely through MO, save cleaned once again(it found the scripts again but its like they never reinitialized or something), reinstalled via MO and it msged that deviously helpless was updating, a bit later the MCM popped up again, and it started working as intended and crisis resolved.

Guess I should have just nuked it from orbit from the get go.

Mods definitely a welcome addition to the game though.

• 2 weeks later...

Great update, is there anyway that u can make creatures rape pc too in DH?

Not without a major rewrite, but animals were not intended in the first place as it wouldn't really make sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am not so sure if I really get the idea behind all this.

First of all I read your description and know that you are trying to have the fun continued by making it compatible with newer SL version and all that stuff but ...

... Why do Bandits not speak to me? I get a message like I do when I get a status update from Frostfall or the like. It seems to me like the mod is lacking some love at this point and it isn't "immersive" at all. But it may just be a way to have them saying at least something without editing too much. I don't know about these things.

... So, am I right? Once they get triggered all I see is that message and there is nothing else I can possibly do about it? I disliked this when it happened to me with "SL Attack". A chance to run off or at least to struggle would be awesome.

I do really like the idea and would like to have it in my game. I am aware I don't have to use mods if I don't like them, too. I just wonder if it is just me who doesn't like to get raped at all as much as I like that this is possible though. xD

I didn't test this mod through by now so it will remain in my game but I would really appreciate if there would be more then just more triggers to start yet another sex scene.

Umm, with all that sad, please excuse me if I sounded harsh.

About a bug, probably:

I guess it is a bug or may be I configured something not right

First things first. I am using Alternate Start, play a female and chose Erik, the slayer as my childhood friend. When I ended up robbed and totally naked Erik started to rape me with no end until I disabled attacks from this mod in the MCM menu. Can you help me here?

You may find it helpful to read the OP from the original here http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/829-deviously-helpless/

The whole point of this mod is to trigger a rape scene if you are not armed or sneaking and wearing a Devious Device. The only defence is have have a drawn/equipped weapon or remain undetected in sneak mode. It's about a balance of risk, you can travel with a drawn weapon or sneak which will slow you down, or travel quickly but run the risk of running into bandits who will take advantage of you. There are alos other options which you can see in the MCM.

I'm sorry but I don't see why bandits should speak to you aside from the brief "Lookee here boys..." comments, basically they are going to rape you and then rob you, so I wouldn't have thought they'd want to talk to you much, but maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean here.

Regarding Erik, I'm not familiar with that start as I use an older version of LAL but it would only happen if the NPC is part of a faction that's an enemy to the pc and the routine should end normally in any case. I have come across something similar with the NPC Edwayne (from 3DNPC) who is a vampire (though friendly) but again the scene finishes normally with the pc bound and allowed to leave, so I can't tell what the cause of your bug is. Unfortunately it's not really practical to try to build in compatibility with every mod that creates a NPC as it would be a never ending task.

But I will have a look at the Erik NPC and see if I can reproduce it

Speaking in the way of having a line in the subtitles not as a message on the top left.

Something might be wrong with my install anyway. I believe those triggers don't work for me correctly. Those when you have a spell or weapon ready. Right now I was in the middle of a fight with a summon and Erik when two dudes came running, the mod made me immobile and they start to rob and rape me. I mean, I was in the middle of a fight. Not sure if I switched weapons or something so that I had nothing equipped in that very moment but is this normal?

It's sounding like you have something seriously amiss as changing weapons will not cause DH to trigger. I play an assassin conjurer and am forever switching between bow and swords in fights and never had that happen

Assuming you done done the obvious like sorting with LOOT, have you removed any mods without the cleaning your save. The other possibilities are script lag if you are running a lot of script heavy mods or another mod causing a problem.

You could try using TES5Edit to check if you have any mod incompatibilities or a script cleaner to check if you have leftover scripts though make sure you keep a backup of your save before using it

I guess I get a log of script lag with my skyrim setup and my old dual core rig runs hot while playing Skyrim. It may be that. 

Since I am (don't ask) still running XP I cannot use Loot. I would try to move the mod towards the end of those sexlab mods in the future but should you be able to recommend a proper in the loadorder please do tell.

I have another question though ( oh, no. Not again! xD ) Is it true that the gold taken from you is gone? Vanishes into the abyss the moment it is taken from you? Or is it yet again something that just  happens to me? If that is the way it is though, well,I would change it if I could configure that in the MCM.

The problem isn't so much where DH sits but all your other mods as well in relation to each other. I don't know if an older version of LOOT would run under XP might be worth a try.

On your gold question, the gold taken from you is shared between the bandits that raped you, so if you go back and kill them you can recover most of it. Some gold is removed completely (I can't remember how much exactly but iirc it's around 25%) on the grounds that the bandits would have spent some of it, but the rest can be recovered

• 2 weeks later...

If a weapon is unequipped when you are changing weapons, that could trigger this mod, no?

So that would narrow the problem down to something that unequips weapons... (or, for this mod to fix, there would have to be some kind of time delay before recognizing that weapons were unequipped - like if someone saw you sheathing your weapon they might wait a few seconds to see if you were just faking being unarmed.)

I've never had that happen and I change a lot between a bow and sword as I play an assassin conjurer pretty much exclusively, but I will try it to see if I can reproduce it. If you go into sneak its never likely to happen as sneak turns off the detection cloak

EDIT:

I just tested this as follows:

1/ Fitted pc with a collar

2/ pc had bow drawn and went into Fort Greymoor

3/ Bandits attacked pc

4/ pc changed weapons in full view of the bandits

5/ Bandits continued to attack, DH did not trigger