Fallout 4 Automatron

So apparently some are getting early access to help test it this month. We know its planned (so far) for release this month. But when do you think that will be? Also what do you plan on doing with the DLC? Honestly its a cash grab like horse armor for Oblivion to me, but to others who don't do mods because they're modphobic will enjoy what modders can and will pull off in April (or whenever the CK comes out when BGS feels they made enough pathetic cash grab DLC that modders make for free) for a measly Alexander Hamilton.

cash grab~

tbh horse armor wasnt that bad in terms of quality, neither were fallout 3 DLC which were pretty good if you look at them from the modders eyes. They had lots of new custom assests, even if they were not worth for the storyline experience they added a lot of weapons,outfits, enemies , textures and models to use. A lot of modders resource for quite cheap price when you compare to the freelancer-3d prices.

Also how can you compare 1 horse armor to customizable robo-parts? I assume every robo part will be cut and you will have customization system like power-armor , probably limited to gutsy/sentrybot/robobrain/assaultron animation-set so that gives us 4 highly moddable power-armors-like robots.

First let us see how complex and advanced this system is before you rate it.

Its always about cash.

The thing is its a bit pointless to say "some modder could have made this"

Well sure, some modder "could have"

Then again it wouldn't have been me.

Still waiting for a decent overhaul to emerge, I'd really like to see the weapons get more lethal.  Its one of those things I know what I'm looking for and could probably even build it but I just don't feel like investing the time to do it.

Robot DLC looks fun though.

Its always about cash.

The thing is its a bit pointless to say "some modder could have made this"

Well sure, some modder "could have"

Then again it wouldn't have been me.

Still waiting for a decent overhaul to emerge, I'd really like to see the weapons get more lethal.  Its one of those things I know what I'm looking for and could probably even build it but I just don't feel like investing the time to do it.

Robot DLC looks fun though.

Well this mod is probably a year out from being this dlc :b

At least this means we get more assets and features to mess around with :)

Ah nice looks like Robot Home Defense is coming along.

Would still like a more lethal wasteland with guns that functioned more like their real life counterparts as opposed to worked like Video Game Belief system.

But it hardly would make any since for anyone to work on that until well after the new Survival Mode and perhaps some DLC.

So apparently some are getting early access to help test it this month. We know its planned (so far) for release this month. But when do you think that will be? Also what do you plan on doing with the DLC? Honestly its a cash grab like horse armor for Oblivion to me, but to others who don't do mods because they're modphobic will enjoy what modders can and will pull off in April (or whenever the CK comes out when BGS feels they made enough pathetic cash grab DLC that modders make for free) for a measly Alexander Hamilton.

I plan on not buying the DLCs until a while after they've been out, in hopes the price will come down first, partly as a way to sort of boycott the "cash grab" aspect you're referring to, and also because I'm kind of broke.. might have to wait a while for that though... *sigh* and I'm sure TONS of new mods will come out in the mean time with the DLCs as a requirement, just to torture people like me...

Ah nice looks like Robot Home Defense is coming along.

You meant that as a joke right? :D

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5787/?

I'd feel a lot less aggrieved about all this DLC goodness if the base game had contained rather more quests in the first place. The game as it stands feels sparse, with lots of places to discover but a disappointing lack of things to do apart from admire the skeleton and teddy bear posing.

Starting from that base, a flood of DLC seems a lot like "... and, poor, hapless mortal, now we will sell you the other half of the game you just paid for! Boo-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!".

That said, I'm done with the damn thing. I don't care at this point if the DLC walk on water, heal the sick, make the lame to walk once again and raise the dead back to life. I'll be back when there's a sensibly priced GOTY edition.

Apparently there's some spoilers from someone who broke the NDA and released some screens. Here Be Spoilers, obviously.

Here's a link to the reddit discussion:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/4ai2dw/major_spoilers_4chan_user_breaks_nda_releases/

The screenshot in question.

http://i.imgur.com/ATD8hgI.jpg

I was hoping someone would break the NDA :D

So the Mechanist is a woman, did not expect that.

I'm relieved that the dlc is not just the ability to build robots and leaves it at that.

It also has some new weapons, at least one armor, one new power armor, a new homebase and a small quest line.

If the Mechanist is not what the AntAgonizer in me expects of him, well, then I don't buy the holy crap with my hard-earned bottle caps. I mean, I'm a moron, aye, but not ghoulified enuff that I'd need even more Supergirl stuff to feel Supergirl in a dystopian world of zombified pipe pistoleros and tasty 300 year-old Salisbury steaks. I'm disappointed, ey! Me is already the largest wholesaler of used power armor in town - what color, what exclusive model do you like as awesome decoration for your dooryard to frakk the green-eyed neighbors, huh?

After watching the trailer, I just said to myself...sex bots incoming...you just wait.

Oh, that was talked about on here like a few days after the game had already come out. :D

That wouldn't surprise me especially with the other games having the Daughter of Ares and such. 

The dlc just looks like it'd play right into it. 

I'd feel a lot less aggrieved about all this DLC goodness if the base game had contained rather more quests in the first place. The game as it stands feels sparse, with lots of places to discover but a disappointing lack of things to do apart from admire the skeleton and teddy bear posing.

Starting from that base, a flood of DLC seems a lot like "... and, poor, hapless mortal, now we will sell you the other half of the game you just paid for! Boo-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!".

That said, I'm done with the damn thing. I don't care at this point if the DLC walk on water, heal the sick, make the lame to walk once again and raise the dead back to life. I'll be back when there's a sensibly priced GOTY edition.

That's exactly how I feel as well. Unfortunately I bought the CE to get the Season Pass, expecting the base game to be better and (not so) little things like the GECK to be released by now. They already got me in terms of crash-grabbing. I hate myself for contributing to this horrid trend.

Battle Bots in Fallout. This had better be a damn good DLC or I and a lot of fellow geeks will be sure to make our displeasure known to Bethesda. That's our sport!

I'm guessing because the DLC and many of things in game are based off of mods people made in the past they are holding back on the Geck until the DLC is out. 

Actually it's been all but said that they're waiting for Bethesda.net to go live before they release the GECK. They're pandering almost exclusively to console users this time around, and refuse to let anyone make mods "officially" until they're sure console users can access them.

After seeing the trailer not too long after posting this thread. I am looking a bit forward to it, after all I wasted $30 on the season pass so maybe there will be a decent DLC one day for it. That is if they really do plan on adding a lot like they said unlike with Skyrim. Anyways with this I can at least get mods that require the even most pointless of DLC if its a worthy mod....such as the sex framework and its additions for FO4. >.>

I just hope there's a reason to choose a robot over an actual character companion like Piper or Curie. Why should I drag along a Protectron? Will it shoot missiles at a Deathclaw? Will it be capable of carrying over 300 pounds of junk? Will it say more than "Protect and serve."? Is there a 'relationship' with them like other companions with perks?

That's exactly how I feel as well. Unfortunately I bought the CE to get the Season Pass, expecting the base game to be better and (not so) little things like the GECK to be released by now. They already got me in terms of crash-grabbing. I hate myself for contributing to this horrid trend.

Battle Bots in Fallout. This had better be a damn good DLC or I and a lot of fellow geeks will be sure to make our displeasure known to Bethesda. That's our sport!

Battle Bots, lol. I remember that show back in the day, it was awesome... :lol:

*Better than that "pro wrestling" crap...*

Guest Mogie56

Well you at least have a choice of voices for these bots, although no idea how much dialog they'll have. The augmented voice of the "Mechanist" makes it sound male, the chest armor makes it look female. I keep wondering with as little as they're showing or the one sidedness of what they're showing if we'll be able to settle peaceably or if it's going to be a oneway street to destruction. I like the fact that the bot building station is placable like the armor and weapon stations. In one scene it's at the Drive-in but was at other locations during the trailer.

First thought for the lightning chain gun was that it would be for the bots only but nope PC has it also. and another new weapon was the Mr. Handy saw blade on an extended pole of some sort. all in all it looks to have quite a bit of new content so that's a plus.

Archived