Fallout 4 Automatron

finish the quest of the dlc,today. good, five hour of content for the quest. a framework for building robot, new settlement object like a eyebot pod(like the scavenger station in a better way). new sets of armor, weapon, and item. i really love the new random encounter.

Guest Mogie56

A creation kit would help, too.

I have a sneaking feeling that won't come till at least after Far Harbor. which may not be a bad thing as we'll know more of what will be possible to mod/add/implement, after it hits we should have a better understanding of what limitations we may or may not face and in what areas. all of which I imagine will be overcome in time. 

Guest MonsterFish

They certainly seem like they're trying to fix all the problems with the base game. Although it is weak, there is the option of being good and being evil in the DLC.

A creation kit would help, too.

I have a sneaking feeling that won't come till at least after Far Harbor. which may not be a bad thing as we'll know more of what will be possible to mod/add/implement, after it hits we should have a better understanding of what limitations we may or may not face and in what areas. all of which I imagine will be overcome in time. 

According to this post ck is april http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-modding-tools-arriving-april/

Yeah. I read the interview that article references. All Todd Howard committed to for April was "mods on consoles".

Fallout 4 modders are doing a fine job without the the official Creation Kit, but without them ambitious overhauls and clever scripting are in short supply. Luckily, elusive details of the modkit's progress have escaped: it's set to arrive in April.

"Our goal [for full mod support] is between the first two DLCs," Todd Howard said in an interview with Game Informer. "It’ll go up at that time on PC. In April. All of that stuff will go up on PC. People are beta testing it."

Odd I was reading the bit I posted above and read it as saying the ck will be out in April, there again it could be just the way I read it.

Yeah. I read the interview that article references. All Todd Howard committed to for April was "mods on consoles".

Fallout 4 modders are doing a fine job without the the official Creation Kit, but without them ambitious overhauls and clever scripting are in short supply. Luckily, elusive details of the modkit's progress have escaped: it's set to arrive in April.

"Our goal [for full mod support] is between the first two DLCs," Todd Howard said in an interview with Game Informer. "It’ll go up at that time on PC. In April. All of that stuff will go up on PC. People are beta testing it."

Odd I was reading the bit I posted above and read it as saying the ck will be out in April, there again it could be just the way I read it.

Its like this,

GECK is tied to when the bethnet is ready to be launched and therefore it doesn't launch until the bells and whistles of getting a Mod to upload to Bethnet then download to XBOX one test machine ans it works....

Also needs whistles an such on website.

Guest Mogie56

"People are beta testing it" I just so detest what that implies these days. the DLC beta was put up on torrent before it actually got released. it seems there beta testers haven't the slightest idea what integrity is and it sure as hell was never taught to them.

Was one of the selected people to beta test it on march 20 and 21, Alot of bugs here and there like ADA being completely useless. But for me I really enjoyed it, sucks robots can't be as 2nd companion and you have to dismiss you're current companion. Also the OPiest build is assaultron everything parts except body is sentry bot so you have 2 launchers attached not the unstable ones. For weapon x2 serrated blade, they can 1v1 a level 91-122 deathclaws and behemoths

Its like this,

GECK is tied to when the bethnet is ready to be launched and therefore it doesn't launch until the bells and whistles of getting a Mod to upload to Bethnet then download to XBOX one test machine ans it works....

Also needs whistles an such on website.

I think it's fairly probable for them to release the GECK before allowing mods on consoles. It's pretty simple:

1) They can test ported mods in the form modders create them, instead of running some test scripts that give an easy green light. User generated mods by a few hundred modders will be rather different from "mods" created by 3-4 in-house programmers, just the difference in how they design things bringing bugs and limitations to light that you won't see if the mods are made by just a handful of programmers. A programmers' code is very much like handwriting: every programmer does things in a slightly different manner, comes with different solutions to identical problems. Effectively, they need our GECK creations to test whether things port properly.

2) Since consoles won't allow the creation of mods, only running mods, there is no point to launch mods on console if there aren't any mods to launch with it yet. "Hey, you can run Fallout mods on your Playstation now!" - "Great, there just aren't any!". So, Beth will want to fill up their library with at least about 100 mods. They might release a couple themselves even, just to pad the numbers and for showcasing, but if there isn't a big selection of mods available on release, then there just won't be much to announce for them. (I expect at least 1 new standalone power armor mod to appear out of nowhere as an example of Beth releasing a couple of mods themselves. Just wait for it! Chances are, it won't even be in the PC-mods list, with a creator never responding to inquiries)

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. This is the interview they've based the article upon, as linked from the article in question.

The only mention of "creation kit" is here

I don’t think anyone thought of Bethesda Game Studios as a multi-game studio, and then you did Fallout Shelter and Fallout 4. Now you’re saying you’re stepping up the efforts to three games. What can you tell us about this switch?

We’ve always kind of overlapped stuff, but I guess we’re doing more now than we ever have. [The projects] aren’t all the same scale, but they are longer term. We’re also doing DLC, and Fallout Shelter, creation kit, and mod stuff, updating the game – we’ve got a lot going on.

While the only mention of "April" is at the opposite end of the article.

When can we expect to see mods, especially on console side?

Our goal is between the first two DLCs. It’ll go up at that time on PC. In April. All of that stuff will go up on PC. People are beta testing it. There’ll be a lag on consoles. We want to get it up on PC and have it work. It’ll probably be a good month before it hits Xbox One, and another month for PlayStation 4.

A lot of folks have chosen to interpret "mods on consoles" as meaning "creation kit". But it doesn't necessarily follow, and it certainly isn't what he said. "All that stuff" could just refer to the bethesda.net upload portal so existing non-CK mods can be distributed via Bethesda and debugged ready for the console users.

Of course, I'm probably being unduly cynical and will look pretty silly in a couple of weeks time when the CK de-cloaks. All I'm saying is I'm not going to get excited until it's actually on my machine :)

All I'm saying is I'm not going to get excited until it's actually on my machine :)

This is begging for some sort of lame joke. "That's what she said!" or "Machine, eh? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?" or "I have a problem where I get too excited before it's on my machine. They call it 'premature mod-ulation.'"

Guest Mogie56

I found it quite good, there having it start at level 20 probably wasn't actually high enough depending on your stats. once the survival mode is overhauled I expect it to be much tougher :) definitely going to have another go at it then. It might have been short on lower settings but lasted long enough for the price and a lot of new content. a few twists but unfortunately the internet just has to spoil those because thieving beta testers can't keep there mouths shut. And you wonder why developers loose interest in providing anything worth while.

All I'm saying is I'm not going to get excited until it's actually on my machine :)

This is begging for some sort of lame joke. "That's what she said!" or "Machine, eh? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?" or "I have a problem where I get too excited before it's on my machine. They call it 'premature mod-ulation.'"

... which for some reason has me thinking about sexbots, and whether we can plausibly use maple syrup as lubricant...

I found it quite good, there having it start at level 20 probably wasn't actually high enough depending on your stats. once the survival mode is overhauled I expect it to be much tougher :) definitely going to have another go at it then. It might have been short on lower settings but lasted long enough for the price and a lot of new content. a few twists but unfortunately the internet just has to spoil those because thieving beta testers can't keep there mouths shut. And you wonder why developers loose interest in providing anything worth while.

Starting lvl 20? Awww, that's not good. Me is at lvl 93 already, still in the RPG regarding the main quest and this, this ain't November 2015 anymore. Guess I have to forget about the nice DlCs as long as I don't make a second, fresh run... which doubtlessly would make guys like Preston Garvey happy.

Guest Mogie56

I guess I should have elaborated a bit more, they said you need to be "At least level 20" for the DLC to begin (activate). don't worry though higher levels are just as much a challenge.

To be honest the robot DLC isn't even worth 10 dollars when all it does is add new mods to weapons, no new actually unique ones, and a incredibly short quest. The "you can build a robot" is just way too gimmicky, and having robot companions is something modders would have made themselves anyway if Todd would just release the fucking GECK. Which is the other thing, without it, the vanilla game gets very old very fast. After a few hours I kept playing for the achievements, and then decided to fuck around with settlements I was so bored, then got even bored and started playing with a friend, but it still got really boring...after a while I just stopped playing because right now I'm fed up with the game. It would have helped if the game had more roleplaying elements to it instead of coming off as more of a first person shooter quest dispenser.

Archived