[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

5 minutes ago, theman221 said:

Hey it seems that the trait icons for the werewolf are not showing in my game, though they are being applied correctly, is this intentional or a possible conflict or bug ? thanks!

They're hidden if you have no ties to the super natural. You need to be yourself a werewolf, werekin, vampire or dhampir to see those traits.

4 minutes ago, bicobus said:

They're hidden if you have no ties to the super natural. You need to be yourself a werewolf, werekin, vampire or dhampir to see those traits.

Thanks for the quick reply!! Sounds like a cool feature! Will it become visible if my character becomes a werewolf bitch?

9 minutes ago, theman221 said:

Thanks for the quick reply!! Sounds like a cool feature! Will it become visible if my character becomes a werewolf bitch?

No, werewolf bitches aren't trait related but modifiers. You need your descendant to become a werewolf (can happen if you believe a bastard to be yours) or you need to embrace vampirism when a vampire attacks you.

Hi sorry, I have another problem. At the start of the game all the pops receive dick traits with no problem but any descendant born afterwards doesn't seem to receive it? I'm not sure but I have a feeling that this is a conflict problem with ALOHA? Or is this a known bug. Thanks again!

EDIT: It seems to be only a problem with my offspring, I don't know if this would be relevant but my children are werewolves 

2 hours ago, theman221 said:

Hi sorry, I have another problem. At the start of the game all the pops receive dick traits with no problem but any descendant born afterwards doesn't seem to receive it? I'm not sure but I have a feeling that this is a conflict problem with ALOHA? Or is this a known bug. Thanks again!

EDIT: It seems to be only a problem with my offspring, I don't know if this would be relevant but my children are werewolves 

I believe those appears when they get to adulthood.

It seems the AI controlled vampires are having trouble finding a cattle or something. They all seem to think seducing player controlled vampire is the way to go.

Few questions:
1. Is there a way to monitor your health pool without using char_info command? if not, are you planning to implement some sort of reminder for the player? I know the DWNight event.4999 is supposed to remind you to feed, but I haven't seen it working yet.

2. Is vampire on vampire feeding intentional design?

3. How does the Bloodrayne fight work exactly? is it purely RNG or is there someway to influence outcome via character attributes, traits, and modifiers? 

4. As a vampire, when Bloodrayne event pops, I seem to have only kill, be killed, or both dead as possible outcomes. Will there be more interactions available in the future?

18 hours ago, DrMojoDoc said:

Is there a way to monitor your health pool without using char_info command? if not, are you planning to implement some sort of reminder for the player? I know the DWNight event.4999 is supposed to remind you to feed, but I haven't seen it working yet.

Yeah, this seems like the biggest caveat of the feature. The easiest way would be to have a targeted decision on the player character, something about meditating to find out how healthy/powerful the character is. By that I mean without numbers, but an approximation with text going from "thirty and weak" to "brimming with power".

I feel like this might be a place where I meet more of my own kind. The ones that stay nose deep in the code more than they do actually playing the game. T.T I've spent the past two nights adding in similar vampire stuff from other mods and getting those things to play nice with this mod and HIP. (Vampire government made through a decision, fixing some bugs in some dw files like the "Make a vampire" when the target is a vampire, adding aging mechanics from princes of darkness ((Minus the generation traits... A beast I can't control yet,)) and the traits and gfx attached, and various other snippets and tweaks to the main dw mod.) And I just sent Dewguru a message about an idea that started from getting stumped. Thralls, aren't obedient. Society rank 4 makes lower ranks obedient. I want my pets to obey. And tailoring in the obedient snippet from societies to various ideas hasn't panned out. I tried putting it in the dw_opinion_vampire_master modifier as well as the event at thrall creation. As well as changing ROOT to FROM and event target. I can't seem to figure this one out yet, assuming that's even possible outside of societies. Feedback would be loved, because my idea is a bit ambitious as a workaround. Creating a society from a decision strictly by the oldest vampire in the dynasty ((I added in sired vampires being added into your dynasty as a child)) being at the helm. And when making a thrall, they get put into the society. Same for vampires you sire.

tl;dr, I want thralls to be obedient in diplomatic requests like society members are at rank 4.

On 6/12/2018 at 5:12 PM, bicobus said:

Yeah, this seems like the biggest caveat of the feature. The easiest way would be to have a targeted decision on the player character, something about meditating to find out how healthy/powerful the character is. By that I mean without numbers, but an approximation with text going from "thirty and weak" to "brimming with power".

We could always make an event popup mention such things, a warning that health is getting too low. Maybe a health  >= trigger on a yearly pulse?

That way it eliminates the manual need to do the decision as a failsafe. Or having both, and the decision be if you're wanting to stock up.

......... *eye twitches*

Fuck it, I'm just gonna make a religion for vampires so I can make a cult. Edits to this post will be updates for anyone interested.

edit.1 = 8 Hours in, got a religion made and a society built. Need to finish up localisation and do some testing of some powers. The society is built similar to the assassins guild, but without the religion requirement or specific holding.

I'm having problem getting v1.68 to work. As soon as, I click on a ruler to play as and after the setting, it crashes. From what I can tell, it isn't because of other mods I've installed, since V1.66 works fine.

Wondering if anyone else had this problem or a way to fix this.

I only have the base game.

Edited.

Okay, so after more testing, and found that v1.68 does not work for one mod. Where as, v1.66 does.

3 hours ago, walperto said:

use opinion modifier with obedient = yes

.......... *eyes twitches furiously*

It was THAT simple?!

Well...... At least I learned how to create societies and religions....

Thank you by the way, I know I'm not getting the night back, but it was unfortunately productive.

18 minutes ago, kazdorblade said:

I'm having problem getting v1.68 to work. As soon as, I click on a ruler to play as and after the setting, it crashes. From what I can tell, it isn't because of other mods I've installed, since V1.66 works fine.

Wondering if anyone else had this problem or a way to fix this.

I only have the base game.

I'm guessing you may be lacking required dlcs. The societies do have "has_dlc =" triggers scattered about. But considering my night spent drastically over-thinking a simple issue, I.. could very well be wrong again. XD

I'm just Wondering if some Wouldn't mind Getting the old Merida/Brave Sub-mod for the Old version i can get here to spawn but alas the event are broken and I can't fix thme what Abilities I've got at modding CK2. and when she does spawn it's  with  Morrigan's Portrait due to the Remdey Static Portrait 02 file being different  on the one with Merida on it that cmae with it After the Queen of Hearts it goes Merida then Hua Mulan while the new one form the latest Version of DWR has Morrigan, Lilith and the Genie in those slots....  You can Get the Down Load for the Sub-mod on Pages 82/83

The vampire mechanic requiring the character to feed often is quite tiresome after a while. It's a repetitive and regular action which adds nothing consequential to the gameplay as is. I've thought about making it so if a thrall exists in the court or as a vassal, the feeding wouldn't be required. But I have no idea how to restrict the scope to the character's thralls. With a regular script language, I would populate an array with reference ID and check if it isn't empty every year. I don't know if that is possible as is. Same issue actually occurs with all lovers being able to be fed upon: it doesn't matter to whom the lover is, a vampire can feed on all NPC having at least one lover.

So my best bet is to check the court if there is a thrall, and force all vampire thralls to join the vampire's court. But if done that way, any non-ruler vampire wouldn't be able to get thralls since they don't have a court.

As for the repetitive complaint, here is my explanation. Most of the dark world content is gated with checks where as the base game content is based around consequences. If you play with the devil, CK2 will reward you with terrible afflictions. However, with dark world, you're not limited by consequences (there are virtually none) but rather an inability to find a proper target. For example, you can recruit virtually nobody in the mage society because the requirements are too specific.

Not being able to find a thrall is the base limit to vampire play. That is, if you're lucky and patient, you could turn a Duchy into thralls and not suffer any consequences. To make the vampire play a bit more interesting would have it based upon suspicion. That is, if your vampire goes into another court, enthrall a married woman then leave with said woman other individuals of that court would get quite suspicious of that behavior. Some may believe the woman is a harlot, others might chose to investigate and the spouse could either be struck by depression or find himself brave enough to confront the "thief". Raise enough suspicions, and rumors starts. Enough rumors and hunters would have enough information to know that vampire is lurking.

If I remember my old vampire movies, that's usually how it goes ?‍♂️ . The vampire isn't limited in his actions, however the more vampiric actions are done and the higher the potential of the vampire be struck by bad luck (or a wooden stake).

1 hour ago, bicobus said:

The vampire mechanic requiring the character to feed often is quite tiresome after a while. It's a repetitive and regular action which adds nothing consequential to the gameplay as is. I've thought about making it so if a thrall exists in the court or as a vassal, the feeding wouldn't be required. But I have no idea how to restrict the scope to the character's thralls. With a regular script language, I would populate an array with reference ID and check if it isn't empty every year. I don't know if that is possible as is. Same issue actually occurs with all lovers being able to be fed upon: it doesn't matter to whom the lover is, a vampire can feed on all NPC having at least one lover.

So my best bet is to check the court if there is a thrall, and force all vampire thralls to join the vampire's court. But if done that way, any non-ruler vampire wouldn't be able to get thralls since they don't have a court.

As for the repetitive complaint, here is my explanation. Most of the dark world content is gated with checks where as the base game content is based around consequences. If you play with the devil, CK2 will reward you with terrible afflictions. However, with dark world, you're not limited by consequences (there are virtually none) but rather an inability to find a proper target. For example, you can recruit virtually nobody in the mage society because the requirements are too specific.

Not being able to find a thrall is the base limit to vampire play. That is, if you're lucky and patient, you could turn a Duchy into thralls and not suffer any consequences. To make the vampire play a bit more interesting would have it based upon suspicion. That is, if your vampire goes into another court, enthrall a married woman then leave with said woman other individuals of that court would get quite suspicious of that behavior. Some may believe the woman is a harlot, others might chose to investigate and the spouse could either be struck by depression or find himself brave enough to confront the "thief". Raise enough suspicions, and rumors starts. Enough rumors and hunters would have enough information to know that vampire is lurking.

If I remember my old vampire movies, that's usually how it goes ?‍♂️ . The vampire isn't limited in his actions, however the more vampiric actions are done and the higher the potential of the vampire be struck by bad luck (or a wooden stake).

The best we can do right is tie the thrall to its master via an opinion modifier (say my_master_opinion). Then, from the vampire, you can do any/random_opinion_target = { limit = { reverse_has_opinion_modifier = { who = PREV opinion = my_master_opinion } } (please crossreference the syntax with the wiki before trying).

Checking in here to confirm if Futanari traits being invisible is intended, a bug or some error on my part.

Versions: CKII 2.8.3.1, DW:R 1.67, Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions 0.0.1.0.3

After not selecting a DW:R Campaign but selecting the Gender-Bender option at game start, my two choices are futa or no dick. Trap isn't available, might have been patched out at some point? After chosing futa, I assume some sort of visible trait like the werewolf one (which is working fine) should appear. Instead, invisible traits take up space in the trait window. See screens.

ck21.png

ck22.png

Do the same start with a male character again and you'll only have the trap option with the futanari option missing.

Futanari is basically a female with a dick.

Trap is a male with a female complexion.

CK2 only allows/knows 2 genders.

For the invisible trait:

Yes, that's a bug on your end.

You likely have another mod that is conflicting with the traits.

I'm hoping the werewolves will get some love from @dewguru when he's back from his holiday. Right now the hunt event has a lot of options that don't work. Would also love to see additional events, perhaps randomly breeding with werewolf bitches or prisoners, etc.

Either way, really happy with this mod ?

Hi there guys im new about this, so I want to ask a my problem about downloading this mod

After I download this I have a problem ,the event didn't showed up (I just downloaded and basically mod are not working for me), this are the mod I've just downloaded it

Dark World - Serpent Expansion (formerly - Slavery Expanded) - by Zia
DW - The Mercenary Commander - by Mr Treason
Dark World - Beyond Heresy - by Aliris
Turtle's Dark World - Extra Traits and Other Stuff (ETOS) - by Liqui Turtle 

Dark World Genealogy - by Mardor, Vixen and Cheese 

Ala's Cheat Menu for Dark World - by Alaratt 

Dark World Reborn Dollarsmy - by Dollarsmy 

It didn't work maybe somewhat error , the way i downloading it wrong or bugs ?

If anyone know how to help fix my problems thank you so much ! (sorry for bad grammar)

1 hour ago, Mr.Lolicon said:

Hi there guys im new about this, so I want to ask a my problem about downloading this mod

After I download this I have a problem ,the event didn't showed up (I just downloaded and basically mod are not working for me), this are the mod I've just downloaded it

Dark World - Serpent Expansion (formerly - Slavery Expanded) - by Zia
DW - The Mercenary Commander - by Mr Treason
Dark World - Beyond Heresy - by Aliris
Turtle's Dark World - Extra Traits and Other Stuff (ETOS) - by Liqui Turtle 

Dark World Genealogy - by Mardor, Vixen and Cheese 

Ala's Cheat Menu for Dark World - by Alaratt 

Dark World Reborn Dollarsmy - by Dollarsmy 

It didn't work maybe somewhat error , the way i downloading it wrong or bugs ?

If anyone know how to help fix my problems thank you so much ! (sorry for bad grammar)

A couple questions that may help you get it working.....

Did you correctly install the mods in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod and NOT in Steam/steamapps/common/Crusader Kings II? Do they show up in the launcher and did you click the box next to each mod to activate them? If they do NOT show up in the launcher did you extract the mods from their zip files when you installed them in the mod folder? Do you see game rules for DWR when you start a new game? Scroll to the bottom of the game rules screen to find the DWR section. If you do NOT see anything in there for DWR then it is installed wrong.

Also I know ETOS is not updated to the latest version of DWR and shouldn't be used with DWR 1.68

Dollarsmy mod was not uploaded correctly and is missing a file that is needed. I think another person uploaded the missing file on his support thread.