[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

3 hours ago, davemg said:

Are there female npc werewolf's in the game? I been playing as a male werewolf, but have not come across any.

Right now - no. So if you want to have one, you'd need to start as one and get your breed on.

There will be at some point.

I am working on a cheat mod that will allow a player to manually seed the world with DWR race traits, just need to look through files to figure out how to add appropriate portraits to the race the player selects. This will mostly be for npcs. Also will include the ability to create new npcs with the race traits/portraits.

The next update (no projected time frame for release), will include a couple of events specific to the Vampire Campaign option.

It isn't overly fancy, as the Vampire campaign start was intended to be very much a free play type beginning, where you're a newly created vampire with no known master. So its largely intended to just add some flavor and at least one more vampire NPC to the world.

The challenge to being a vampire will be implemented as well, which is the need to feed. Unlike werewolves that struggle with the beast inside, and which can lead to them losing themselves, vampires need the blood of others to sustain themselves, less they fall victim to the ravages of the world (things like disease).

This is represented by a loss of health on a yearly basis. So once a year, a vampire will lose a point of health. With some vampire powers requiring the expenditure of blood, it makes the annual loss of a point, all that much more serious. As power use, and the annual point loss, without adequate feeding, can leave their health low, which can lead to serious health issues - as the lower the health, the easier it is to get sick, and also the harder it is to get over things without serious negative impacts (which can even lead to death). The whole low health = issues with fighting off disease and other challenges is all vanilla CK2 stuff, which is nice as it's something I don't have to mess with.

Also, vampires shouldn't just freely feed on anyone they want. The best way to do it is by creating Thralls. People who will willingly allow you to feed off them. Thralls generally need to be weak of mind and will. If they're not, you'll want to apply your vampire seduction on them. Vampire seduction isn't about bedding people (although it could lead to that), rather it's meant about weakening their mind and will, to where you can ultimately dominate them as a thrall.

If a vampire decides to just attack non-thralls for sustenance, then they are looking at the feeding being resisted, which can lead to injury, death, or exposure. And if you're discovered to be a vampire - prepare for a massive negative reputation modifier which will make things difficult for your rule.

After the next update, the bulk of the vampire content will be released and I'll move onto another campaign aspect. No idea yet which one, so asking won't help at all.

40 minutes ago, JesusKreist said:

You are not the first one who has some kind of trouble but it would be the first where DWR is actually the cause of the problem.

Deactivate the old mod(s) you are playing alongside DWR.

thank you I'll gill it a try

56 minutes ago, Skycobra51 said:

So two questions out of curiosity, first does the spend time with lover decision only effect the spouse/concubines? second, is there anyway to mess around on your husband/wife like with a random courtier?

Spend time with is a means of being with your spouse, concubines, or lovers.

There is not a direct mechanism for messing around. There are a couple were it can happen, but it's random in the targeting such as the whoring option, or a couple events that are race specific.

Potential Bug Report

Got a society mission that says Sacrifice Dwarf. Sorry no screenshots.

After finally there's a dwarf within diplomatic range, I double checked on society window and saw it was Virgin. I assumed I read wrong so I went and kidnapped a virgin instead and sacrificed her and nothing. So I tried the dwarf and the completion text said Virgin. I took screenshots to help.

Not sure if this is caused by conflicting mods or is an actual bug.

CK2game_2018-04-23_06-18-14.png

CK2game_2018-04-23_06-18-48.png

CK2game_2018-04-23_06-23-22.png

3 hours ago, Shaguar said:

Potential Bug Report

Got a society mission that says Sacrifice Dwarf. Sorry no screenshots.

After finally there's a dwarf within diplomatic range, I double checked on society window and saw it was Virgin. I assumed I read wrong so I went and kidnapped a virgin instead and sacrificed her and nothing. So I tried the dwarf and the completion text said Virgin. I took screenshots to help.

Not sure if this is caused by conflicting mods or is an actual bug.

Looks like a localization issue. I'll try to include a correction for it at some point.

Speaking of Society mission, sometimes I got a mission about holy_impregnation, but there is no text in the society window and I don't know how to process it. If I cancel the mission then I won't get any other mission (I have done other sacrifice mission (virgin, ruler, dwarf), and I will get stuck there like forever.

2 hours ago, pepeflores said:

Is there a reason on why the Toska mod has been removed from the OP?

It never worked properly, and it hasn't been updated since three or four patches ago. Some of us have tried to fix it and while I can't speak for the others, I personally gave up on it and removed Toska's lilith society and several other features altogether in order to make it playable. It worked that way till Jade Dragon came out, and I have zero motivation to attempt to fix it now that DWR includes most of what I want.

On 4/23/2018 at 2:58 PM, llye said:

Can you pls tell, why was the futa on female event removed while female on futa is still there ? 

It's the one where you have the option of cumming inside.

You know you can just add it back into the mod yourself, right? Duplicate a few pieces of code and change the events that code triggers. But here, voi-freakin'-la, backup your DWVisits.txt and use this one.

On 4/19/2018 at 7:44 AM, dewguru said:

Futa's can already get their lovers pregnant through various events. Just remember that a futa has a fertility penalty.

Futas can definitely get pregnant, but only through triggered events. So Zia and llye, both have a point here. If they do a futa start, marry a woman and take no male lovers, there's a large chance that they are going to die without heirs. I even ran a test in observer mode, a Futa-Fem marriage with 200% fertility each for 27 years until infertility produced no heirs. Which means even if a player gets around the -50% fertility malus, they can still only produce an heir if a triggered event happens. In other words, nothing in the mod circumvents the opposite-sex restriction of the base games pregnancy check. If anything there should be MTTH events, one for consorts & another for lovers, that only fire on futas, to get around the restriction. The other option being remove the restriction from the base game files, but I don't know how hard it would be to make sure women can't get women pregnant.

So anyone reading this can use the DWFuta.txt I've uploaded to get a basic, very basic, pregnancy event for futa partners. I would have liked to give it the same restrictions as the base game pregnancy check (i.e. not incapable, not commanding troops, not a prisoner, etc.) but I don't know enough about event limits and trigger conditions to do that. So instead 1 event checks if you are married and a futa, selects a random consort and runs the DW preg check, while the other checks if you have lovers and are a futa, selects a random lover and runs the DW preg check.

Edit: Re-uploaded the DWFuta.txt with an improved version of the Pregnancy MTTH events. In this version I included the limits I originally wanted for the event targets, but was too lazy to troubleshoot and test. The event will no longer trigger for characters who are incapable, imprisoned, commanding troops, ill or in hiding, as well as men and non-futa women but those last two were already in the previous version. Likewise the events will not pick potential mothers who are men, incapable, imprisoned, commanding troops, ill, in hiding or already pregnant.

Edit 2a: One final re-upload, I programmed the pregnancy event to work on multiple wives and concubines, but that's not necessary since women can't take concubines or multiple wives. I removed the unnecessary bits and added MTTH modifiers that make the event fire more often if you and/or your spouse have 0 children. Also, if your wife is your lover. There's also modifiers to make the event fire less often if you and/or your spouse have 3 or more children.

The lover event will no longer fire on your spouse if they are also your lover. MTTH modifiers for the lover event now make the event happen more often if you have more lovers and less often if you have 3 or more children.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:35 AM, davemg said:

Are there female npc werewolf's in the game? I been playing as a male werewolf, but have not come across any.

Which brings me to my next issue. Now, I apologize the comments I make here are usually critical of the mod's problems, and you've made something great on a scope that is well beyond mine. However, I don't think the werekin trait was a good addition, at least, not without the planned implementations you have to make it work. As the mod is currently:

1. it makes all male werewolf starts non-viable.

2. it makes all female werewolf starts harder since they have to find a male werewolf partner.

3. it forces an pseudo Adam-Eve scenario, you have to find male werewolf partners for your daughters or be a religion were you can marry brother-sister.

4. it makes the bitch and omega male system completely obsolete.

So bipiti-bopiti-boo, download dw_night_decisions.txt and dw_decisions.csv and fellow readers can now create werewolves by clicking on their partners and friends and turning them. So can the ai every 2 years. I would have liked to written a ceremonial event where the target could refuse, but I'm lazy.

Edit 2b: I've add additional targets to change into werewolves and added an opinion requirement of +60.

And yes, fellow readers, while I'm probably going to update these files myself for each update (depending on the content changes). I'm probably not going to post them here again, so get a program that does file comparisons and figure out how to re-implement the code changes I made for yourselves each update. It's really not that hard, I barely even know what I'm doing most of the time.

DWVisits.txt

DWFuta.txt

dw_night_decisions.txt

dw_decisions.csv

On 4/24/2018 at 5:43 PM, Alaratt said:

It has not been updated  in 6 months or so and most users report it broken

For those interested, one of my side projects is toying with a forked version I did that removed some of the duplicative stuff (Lilith society) but retained a lot of the side events. I'm playing with it now to see if anything is terribly broken. I posted a link to it in the Toska thread, if anyone wants to try it out.

17 hours ago, Aliris said:

For those interested, one of my side projects is toying with a forked version I did that removed some of the duplicative stuff (Lilith society) but retained a lot of the side events. I'm playing with it now to see if anything is terribly broken. I posted a link to it in the Toska thread, if anyone wants to try it out.

I believe all the genital traits got an overhaul in DWR and other mods so as to eliminate compatibility issues between mods, so if it's still using the old version of these traits, it may cause issues. (Unless you already fixed that. In which case, disregard this post.)

7 hours ago, R0nin78 said:

I believe all the genital traits got an overhaul in DWR and other mods so as to eliminate compatibility issues between mods, so if it's still using the old version of these traits, it may cause issues. (Unless you already fixed that. In which case, disregard this post.)

I don't believe that version had any additional traits. I might have to check and see if it's referencing any in the events, though - I don't believe there were any, but I'll try and check.

The vampire seduction event is blank. Title and picture is about vampire, but options and text is all "TODO".

The game version is 2.8.1.1 with no other mods. I've tried uninstall the game and download again, and it didn't work. 

How to fix it? thanks

1 hour ago, JesusKreist said:

1. This mod only has the bare minimum for every race besides incubus/succubus, werewolf and tentacle-kin. The vampire seduction is from the submod Dollsarmy.

2. How to fix something that goes by the title/name TODO? Easy. Write it yourself or wait till the mod author does.

thank you!! this event came out so frequently that I thought it has a complete events chain, and a bug made them disappear