[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

@dewguru i vague remember skimming through the threads and seeing this but I'm having hell of a time trying to find the posts and after going back 12 pages on this thread, I've broken down and figure it might be easier to just ask again.

CK2 2.8.3.2

DWR 1.6.8

DWSE V.12

Since the latest update had vampire content added, I figured that I try a vampire campaign. I decided to make quite a few vampires in my court, ~5 and have 5 thralls. Somehow people in my court start randomly dying off without notifications at all. For example, I have a sword to one of my commanders, a vampire, all i got was the notification that I got my sword back and I checked and my commander was nowhere to be found. Same thing happened to the thralls.

Could this be due to vampires feeding on vampires thus killing them off because of health going below 0?

When a character dies due to low health there normally is a notification they died due to low health.

When you find the dead person for instance in his/her family tree there is a small icon bottom right on the portrait which on mouseover exactly tells you the cause of death.

When that icon says "vanished without a trace" that means s/he got deleted from the game. CK2 does that to prevent lag due to overpopulation.

And from the sound of it it seems exactly this happened.

2 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

When that icon says "vanished without a trace" that means s/he got deleted from the game. CK2 does that to prevent lag due to overpopulation.

And from the sound of it it seems exactly this happened.

Mmmh. When NPC gets added to my court, more often than not some simply die off after a month (or right after I unpause). I'm not sure if they vanish without a trace, rather I believe they simply die of "natural causes".

Hello this is a wonderful mod and I just wanted to thank the creator, also I have a suggestion since this mod adds descriptions to body parts I think it would be a great idea to have them reflected in the events ie too small or too big. This would be a wonderful flavor addition to the mod in my opinion instead of just seeing the same events again no matter the body part size.

@bicobus

CK2+ and Dark World should™ work well together without any special requirements.

Technically not even a dependency is absolutely needed as CK2+ does not use special folders and gets loaded before DWR. But since both mods don't alter the same files that is of minor relevance.

I deem HIP superior to CK2+ btw.

The portrait issue was with AGOT due to its own portrait integration.

3 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

@bicobus

CK2+ and Dark World should™ work well together without any special requirements.

Technically not even a dependency is absolutely needed as CK2+ does not use special folders and gets loaded before DWR. But since both mods don't alter the same files that is of minor relevance.

I deem HIP superior to CK2+ btw.

Is the same true for HIP? I'm a total newbie and so far I've been liking CK2+ better, but I would like to know for future reference.

Another question about this mod, characters invited through the intrigue menu (debutantes, spymasters, priests, etc.) don't seem to have any physical trait (dick, tits, etc.), is it possible to fix this?

At any rate, thanks a lot to the author and everyone involved in making this mod.

1 hour ago, OrsoRosso said:

Another question about this mod, characters invited through the intrigue menu (debutantes, spymasters, priests, etc.) don't seem to have any physical trait (dick, tits, etc.), is it possible to fix this?

They should get added within a game year of creating them.

4 hours ago, OrsoRosso said:

Is the same true for HIP? I'm a total newbie and so far I've been liking CK2+ better, but I would like to know for future reference.

At any rate, thanks a lot to the author and everyone involved in making this mod.

1. Yes.

2. When a character does not have tits or a dick s/he gets one via the annual pulse. The very same pulse gives the player character his/her "package" after start. A similar pulse does the same to children that are coming of age.

Okay I think something fucked up, did what you said and still didn't see it so I experimented. Unsubscribed from all my steam mods and deleted some from my actual computer. But when I look at the mod tab it's still the same, deleted mods are still there and DWR is still non-existent. Any idea what's going on?

11 hours ago, OverratedHype said:

Okay I think something fucked up, did what you said and still didn't see it so I experimented. Unsubscribed from all my steam mods and deleted some from my actual computer. But when I look at the mod tab it's still the same, deleted mods are still there and DWR is still non-existent. Any idea what's going on?

It sounds like you have two installations of CK2 and put the mod in the one you did not start afterwards.

Is it possible to run all the mods listed as sub-mods and recommendations at the same time? I tried and it runs, but it sorta effs up the traits, with characters having several sets of tits/cocks/balls etc, and dudes having the futa/bombshell/tits traits.

5 hours ago, obzerver said:

Is it possible to run all the mods listed as sub-mods and recommendations at the same time? I tried and it runs, but it sorta effs up the traits, with characters having several sets of tits/cocks/balls etc, and dudes having the futa/bombshell/tits traits.

No, DW ETOS should not be used anymore. Dark World has had a couple of updates since the last time ETOS was updated, and will cause the problems you are having.