[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

18 hours ago, wwweeeiii said:

Any experience with this and the rise of islam mod or the Romance of Three Kingdom mod?

Nice. I didn't know there is a Romance of the Three Kingdom's mod. I just may have to try it out. http://www.moddb.com/mods/romance-of-the-three-kingdoms

Although in looking at it quick, since Romance of the Three Kingdoms is an overhaul mod, there are likely some aspects that won't work, which is always a risk with major overhauls. Only way to know for certain would be to try it out.

On 29.4.2018 at 5:59 PM, dewguru said:

Alright, I should have release coming about mid-May that will wrap up my first stage of the final content arch that I'm working on.

It'll see the release of a short event series for those who choose to start as a vampire, and those powers that are little more than placeholders right now, will be done as well, with supporting events.

Also, I'll just cauterize the werewolf and futa content that folks are clamoring for now, instead of following through with my plans. To help give an idea of my work list for the final hurrah, I've been operating off of a modified version of the post I did a few months ago. Here it is now, so folks can see the future plans.

TO DO before mod retirement.
 - Revisit each Dark World Campaign start.
- Child of Lilith
- Rise of the Pack (Will be removed and set as a bonus trait - will of the users)
- Werewolf Toy (Will be removed - not worth it due to ditched Pack plans)
- Curiousity and the Cat
- Bitten and Awoken (Will be completed with a May patch release)
- For the Horde!
- Fading Twilight
- Fox and the Hound
- Divine Inspiration
- Champion of Chaos

- Include the means of maintaining a dynasty.
- Incubus/Succubus
- Werewolf (not going to be added - will of the users)
- Neko
- Vampire (target completion with a May patch release)
- Orc
- Elf
- Kitsune
- Angel
- Tentacle-kin (not an issue, may be skipped)

- Additional content tweaks
- hidden traits (in progress, 6 traits implemented accordingly so far)
- Arena combat (combat method created, not tied into arena yet)
- Wizard's College society content
- Chosen of Lilith society content
- Lilith offmap interaction
- Mana Wellspring interaction
- Spend Time With... (in progress, 1 new addition)
- Slavery
- Brothel
- NPC specific events (i.e. Harley, Belle)
- Futas (will be considered complete - will of the users)

First thank you very much for your great work.

But i am realy wondering that you say that the will of the users is to remove werewolves? That shocks me. Werewolfs was the the best part for me. In my oppinion. And i read about it often that werewolfs was positiv discussed. I think that many users just waited patient that it will be hopefully be continued later, and diddn´t anoy you with impatience. If you ask me i don´t like elfs and orcs because i don´t want to play warhammer^^

Please please think about continuing with werewolf or please think about an add-on. You are one of the best modders if not the best. And i hope you will go on with it. But as i allrdy wrote l i realy thank you very much for your wonderful work.

I want a dark age world mod and not a fantasy world mod^^

I'll retract the plans to not expand on the werewolf or futa aspects of the mod. In fact, I've already finished the means for a werekin to become a full blooded werewolf, which will be in the next release.

It was a long week, and the weekend had me tired and surely, so I over reacted. I probably should have just ignored it, but alas, it is what it is.

Also - for those who post something that they want done in the forum - and you see that I don't answer your post, yet I still respond to others - don't go sending me an IM on the same topic please. I likely ignored your post on purpose. The reasons why I ignore things tend to range from a person requesting/pushing a topic that I'm not working on and thus have no desire to get sidetracked with, to asking questions that have been answered many times before, which someone else may be able to answer (although I recommend giving the search function for the thread a try first).

15 minutes ago, dewguru said:

I'll retract the plans to not expand on the werewolf or futa aspects of the mod. In fact, I've already finished the means for a werekin to become a full blooded werewolf, which will be in the next release.

It was a long week, and the weekend had me tired and surely, so I over reacted. I probably should have just ignored it, but alas, it is what it is.

Also - for those who post something that they want done in the forum - and you see that I don't answer your post, yet I still respond to others - don't go sending me an IM on the same topic please. I likely ignored your post on purpose. The reasons why I ignore things tend to range from a person requesting/pushing a topic that I'm not working on and thus have no desire to get sidetracked with, to asking questions that have been answered many times before, which someone else may be able to answer (although I recommend giving the search function for the thread a try first).

Thank you for answering and going on with that part :-)

I don't have "Monks & Mystics", So I will skip the Wizard school unless it doesn't matter. However, how does Hermoine get triggered. I understand how to event DWFairyTales.?? but how does Hermoine get spawned by console?

edit: found it.

edit 2: can a male ruler take Ginny & Luna also?

1 hour ago, RamsNo1 said:

I don't have "Monks & Mystics", So I will skip the Wizard school unless it doesn't matter. However, how does Hermoine get triggered. I understand how to event DWFairyTales.?? but how does Hermoine get spawned by console?

edit: found it.

edit 2: can a male ruler take Ginny & Luna also?

Ginny and luna are gotten through events with hermione

8 hours ago, aktzv said:

Hi, can you please add some older versions of your mod? I have problem with compatibility with version 2.8.0 and also with others mod like Toska etc.

I've no plans on posting older versions that predate compatibility for CK2 2.8.0.

There are many reasons - the most simple one being the resulting increase and confusion in folks requesting support for the older version.

9 hours ago, dewguru said:

I've no plans on posting older versions that predate compatibility for CK2 2.8.0.

There are many reasons - the most simple one being the resulting increase and confusion in folks requesting support for the older version.

aww man, gotta say i've got a similar issue, so that sucks.

i guess i'm relegated to playing with original dark world mod :frown:

On 5/5/2018 at 1:42 AM, aktzv said:

Hi, can you please add some older versions of your mod? I have problem with compatibility with version 2.8.0 and also with others mod like Toska etc.

I don't know what other mods you have that are incompatible, but there is someone actively making Toska DW compatible as recently as April 28 as of this post.  Just go to the last page in the Toska mod thread and go backwards until you find a post with it.  I'd link you right to the most recent post, but I don't know how to quote from a different thread so I'll just leave it under. 

----

Aliris 4/28/2018:

DWToska_remix.7z

Actually, I think I found what was causing the double firing. It was listed both in "on siege over" and "on siege won". I commented out the former, and we'll see if that corrects it (I'm not sure which is the more appropriate, if it fails to fire always when it should, it might be the other.

So this version doesn't have any Harley/etc events, nor does it have anything from Toska's version of Lilith's secret society, since those are in DWR full now.

I also tweaked and gave "outs" to some events, replaced some pictures with expanded/enlarged ones, and so on.

Updated version attached.

On 5. 5. 2018 at 11:28 PM, dewguru said:

Well, i want to apologize for that. I found issue wasnt your mod but Turtle's Extra Traits and Other Stuff (v0.62) or NoxTools-Graphic Events v0.1.0.0. One of them, wich I try to play in same time when I first time try your new version. Your mod work prefectly. So sorry for that, and thank you..

Quick update, still on target for a May release. When I post the next update, I'm going to leave the previous version up as well. Largely because I don't believe I'll test everything enough. I've tried to structure it to where a vampire outbreak won't sweep across the world, however, if you play with that content enabled - vampires will be doing things. Even Vlad.

Since vampires are largely solitary, and try to remain low key, ai vampires shouldn't make new ones if there are already two within a realm. They'll also limit the number of active thralls there are within a realm.

Unlike past content - if you end up with a vampire in your court. You could be subjected to it's seduction, which weakens you mentally, until it can make you its thrall. It may even also opt to turn you into a vampire, depending on your connection to it. In the past, I typically tried to exclude the ai from messing with a player.

I rarely go more than a generation or two deep when I play test, so it'll be interesting to know the impact for those of you who go 100+ years.

Here's the current change log for what will be coming later this month. It's unlikely to change much before the final release, since anything else added would likely fall under the first line.

v1.68 (Dark World Reborn)
    - New events, npcs, decisions and other things
    - Vampire campaign events are considered complete. (Note: random vampire based events are external to the vampire campaign events, so more of those may arrive)
    - Updated a couple images
    - Alchemist shop sells a rare potion that can turn a half blood into a full blood (i.e. a werekin into a werewolf)

7 hours ago, johnhang123 said:

Are you going to be able to update it for the new path that is going to be out next week?

Off hand, I don't see anything that looks like it would require an update. I'll run a test though after the patch is released and review to see if it ends up generating any new errors.

I have some time to play CK2 this weekend so I wanted to update to the latest version. I've read carefully the changelog and the posts in the thread and there sure is a lot of turmoil going on. 

In terms of lorecrafting I really like the werekin addition. It's great. I wrote briefly when we last chatted that it was already quite difficult to breed the werewolf trait into your dynasty. Now it is looking like it will take 200+ years if you are playing with matrilineal marriage turned off (for example when playing a merchant republic).  A big barrier has always been breeding out a female werewolf.

I am of course completely opposed to any direction where werewolves are entirely removed. Please reconsider your position. You wrote this is the will of the users: isn't this instead the will of the regular forum posters? I did not see a poll.

Unlike some of the other people who have been very vocal I don't see any reason for you to hurry along your work. I've only posted on here before to file bugs but I have been using this mod in all of my CK2 games for a very long time. I guarantee I am not the only one: you've had 189,076 downloads. DW:R is by any standard popular and successful and more so with every revision. Please don't let internet drama convince you that it's the right time to hang up your hat. 

2 hours ago, mistertshirt said:

I have some time to play CK2 this weekend so I wanted to update to the latest version. I've read carefully the changelog and the posts in the thread and there sure is a lot of turmoil going on. 

In terms of lorecrafting I really like the werekin addition. It's great. I wrote briefly when we last chatted that it was already quite difficult to breed the werewolf trait into your dynasty. Now it is looking like it will take 200+ years if you are playing with matrilineal marriage turned off (for example when playing a merchant republic).  A big barrier has always been breeding out a female werewolf.

I am of course completely opposed to any direction where werewolves are entirely removed. Please reconsider your position. You wrote this is the will of the users: isn't this instead the will of the regular forum posters? I did not see a poll.

Unlike some of the other people who have been very vocal I don't see any reason for you to hurry along your work. I've only posted on here before to file bugs but I have been using this mod in all of my CK2 games for a very long time. I guarantee I am not the only one: you've had 189,076 downloads. DW:R is by any standard popular and successful and more so with every revision. Please don't let internet drama convince you that it's the right time to hang up your hat. 

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:44 AM, dewguru said:

:smile:

Hi guys,

Just a quick question. For characters' variables dick_size and breast_size (as seen when using charinfo or editing save game), are larger numbers referring to bigger dicks/breasts traits, or smaller number for bigger dicks/breasts traits? And what is the range of numbers for each size (in terms of traits)?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, jelf said:

Hi guys,

Just a quick question. For characters' variables dick_size and breast_size (as seen when using charinfo or editing save game), are larger numbers referring to bigger dicks/breasts traits, or smaller number for bigger dicks/breasts traits? And what is the range of numbers for each size (in terms of traits)?

Thanks!

0 - 7, with 7 being the biggest (gigantic)

Hello, im having issues with the mods, my current version is 2.8.0, my mod list is in these three screenshots https://gyazo.com/605ffa9871255adafe83d601432b8738 https://gyazo.com/605ffa9871255adafe83d601432b8738 https://gyazo.com/605ffa9871255adafe83d601432b8738 in no order. The problem im having is that the mod simply doesn't work, it doesnt show anything in game and along with a few of the other mods from this site they dont work either, when i ask a friend about this (he has all these mods and a similar mod list to mine he couldn't help) i have also removed some of the mods that may have been causing the problem (e.i. Shattered worlds and a clean map mod https://gyazo.com/e385208b494298667cde02c965e2a6aa https://gyazo.com/b2c8cd0236f1fb8ca123e54ab31addd2) but to no avail none of it works. So i have decided before i delete all the mods in the folder and redownload them i would ask the people on this thread for advice on what to do if any will see this.

2 hours ago, Kurtkaga said:

Hello, im having issues with the mods, my current version is 2.8.0, my mod list is in these three screenshots https://gyazo.com/605ffa9871255adafe83d601432b8738 https://gyazo.com/605ffa9871255adafe83d601432b8738 https://gyazo.com/605ffa9871255adafe83d601432b8738 in no order. The problem im having is that the mod simply doesn't work, it doesnt show anything in game and along with a few of the other mods from this site they dont work either, when i ask a friend about this (he has all these mods and a similar mod list to mine he couldn't help) i have also removed some of the mods that may have been causing the problem (e.i. Shattered worlds and a clean map mod https://gyazo.com/e385208b494298667cde02c965e2a6aa https://gyazo.com/b2c8cd0236f1fb8ca123e54ab31addd2) but to no avail none of it works. So i have decided before i delete all the mods in the folder and redownload them i would ask the people on this thread for advice on what to do if any will see this.

If you're seeing it listed where you can check it, it typically means you installed it right. Have you tried Dark World Reborn with nothing else checked?

On the game rules menu that shows after you start a game, you should be able to see a section for Dark World Reborn (can be selected from the drop down filter, or just scroll down near the bottom of the game rules).

If you're not seeing the game rules, then it would appear that you've an issue with how you installed the mod, or perhaps with CK2 itself. I'd then recommend using Steam to validate the files, to ensure your installation is alright.

Beyond that, I've no other advice for you to try.