[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

What slave building do you have in your capital - to include the level of the slave building? What is the age of the person you're trying to enslave?

I first realized the decision wasn't available when I was playing a custom character, the character was 25 years old and a count in the HRE, I built the first level of the slave dungeon, but the decision was not there for my prisoners, like it wasn't even greyed out, its just not there.

I then started the game several times as an existing character to see if it was just some freak occurrence, I started on the earliest date and picked one of the tribal governments in Scandinavia.

I cheated to get the tech and money required to build the slave pens fully upgraded, I imprisoned one of my courtiers, and it didn't work, I then convert to feudalism, built a castle, and then slave dungeons fully upgraded and I still couldn't enslave my imprisoned courtier.

All of the characters I played had only one county, I made sure to remove all mods to narrow down the issue.

Is it working for you? I tried comparing the decision file from the new version to the old, they seem identical, so I am at a loss as to what the problem seems to be.

Slavery is working fine for me, running only Dark World Reborn 1.56 and no other mods.  Did you make sure and delete the old mod(s) rather than just copying over?  Most of the time just copying will break a large number mods (especially mine, if you ever play any of my mods).

Slavery is working fine for me, running only Dark World Reborn 1.56 and no other mods.  Did you make sure and delete the old mod(s) rather than just copying over?  Most of the time just copying will break a large number mods (especially mine, if you ever play any of my mods).

I redownloaded and reinstalled the mod after I deleted the one in my files, and it works again, so this is probably it, thanks.

Did a brief scan of the past 50 pages and didn't see this, so I apologize if it has already been asked and answered:

What is the trigger that creates Evolution:Corrupter? I don't always get it.

Evolution Corrupter? Are you talking about being a Succubus or Incubus? If so, you need to be holding Blood Moon Events, and upon their completion, you should be informed of you obtaining a new 'rank', until you cap it out.

Right, but what I mean is there seems to be two different sets of powers you get via the blood moon event chain.

1) Corporeal Corruption - use piety to inflict various illnesses

2) Dream of Death - use piety to inflict various negative traits

The first one you seem to get via a variant in the gain of the 4th rank.

Did a brief scan of the past 50 pages and didn't see this, so I apologize if it has already been asked and answered:

What is the trigger that creates Evolution:Corrupter? I don't always get it.

Evolution Corrupter? Are you talking about being a Succubus or Incubus? If so, you need to be holding Blood Moon Events, and upon their completion, you should be informed of you obtaining a new 'rank', until you cap it out.

Right, but what I mean is there seems to be two different sets of powers you get via the blood moon event chain.

1) Corporeal Corruption - use piety to inflict various illnesses

2) Dream of Death - use piety to inflict various negative traits

The first one you seem to get via a variant in the gain of the 4th rank.

I'm not understanding what you're asking still.

You've listed two different effects.

The first one - Corporeal Corruption is an ability that can be used by a Succubus (not an Incubus) who reaches the 4th stage (Corrupter).

The second one - Dream of Death is an ability that can be used by an Incubus (not a Succubus) who reaches the 5th stage (Nightmare).

A Succubus and Incubus each have spells/abilities that are unique to them.

Is that where your issue is? Are you wondering why you're not seeing both?

The first one - Corporeal Corruption is an ability that can be used by a Succubus (not an Incubus) who reaches the 4th stage (Corrupter).

The second one - Dream of Death is an ability that can be used by an Incubus (not a Succubus) who reaches the 5th stage (Nightmare).

A Succubus and Incubus each have spells/abilities that are unique to them.

Ah, well... that would be what I was missing. I didn't realize the trigger was simply gender.

Dear awesome mod author.  :D 

Firstly I need to express my utmost gratitude for making this and maintaining it. A million thanks.

Quick question, I seem to be having tentacle kins popping up 30 years into the game even though I disabled 'Seed of Chaos' upon starting a new game and it is rampantly inflicting my female populace faster than i could contain it through kidnapping and execution. 

Is there anyway I could absolutely disable tentacles in my game without disabling your mod or is it that i have missed out something? 

Currently I am running on all your recommended mods and Tian Xia mods. 

Thanks again and keep up the awesome work!

:heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

Its succubus spell from Toska mod infesting your game. To stop it:

1.Open mod/dwtoska/decisions/.txt file; search for "dw_spell_tentaclebeast" and change line under it "ai=yes" to "ai=no"

To clean your save game:

2.Open mod/Dark World Reborn/common/traits/dw_traits.txt; search for "tentacle = { # Mind Flayer or Tentacle-Kin" and change line "inherit_chance = xx" under it to "inherit_chance = 0".

Kids born after should be "clean".

ahh.. that seems to make sense now. been looking at the wrong place all along. thanks a bazillion!! 

if they have to be tentacle kins, they have to be my kins. not others! lol

thanks again!

just a suggestion to add a function similar to this, i think it would go well with general theme of your mod (toska solution doesnt always work)

code goes under targetted decisions of course

dw_abandon_child = {
        is_triggered_only = yes
        from_potential = {
            NOT = { trait = incapable }
        }        
        potential = {
            is_adult = no
            OR = {  mother = { character = FROM }
                        father = { character = FROM }    
            }
            NOT = {
                character = FROM
            }

}
        effect = {
            set_mother = 0
        }

Weird comment incoming but... Shouldn't horse characters always have horse-sized "attributes"? Reviewing the code it seems there' nothing to prevent Glitterhoof ending up with a micro-penis

Glitterhoof? I've got a character in my mod named Glitterhoof? I must have done some serious drunk coding one night.

You sure that isn't something from Nox's mod?

I have a bug: on start, ALL characters recieve event on obtaining trait "Gardener". This event works 10 times about on start. How to fix it?

That's not a bug with the mod. It's something on your end, from having installed it wrong to using a version of the game that is vastly out of date.

And if you use a mod that has the same traits - I believe it's whatever trait loads last is the one who's effects are applied. And if you're using one of the other Dark World related mods that someone has made, if they're overwriting one of the traits I made, then they're probably doing it to support something in their mod, so I'd imagine they've already taken into consideration the naming convention that would ensure it loads after DW Reborn.

Weird comment incoming but... Shouldn't horse characters always have horse-sized "attributes"? Reviewing the code it seems there' nothing to prevent Glitterhoof ending up with a micro-penis

Glitterhoof? I've got a character in my mod named Glitterhoof? I must have done some serious drunk coding one night.

I have a bug: on start, ALL characters recieve event on obtaining trait "Gardener". This event works 10 times about on start. How to fix it?

That's not a bug with the mod. It's something on your end, from having installed it wrong to using a version of the game that is vastly out of date.

And if you use a mod that has the same traits - I believe it's whatever trait loads last is the one who's effects are applied. And if you're using one of the other Dark World related mods that someone has made, if they're overwriting one of the traits I made, then they're probably doing it to support something in their mod, so I'd imagine they've already taken into consideration the naming convention that would ensure it loads after DW Reborn.

Glitterhoof is spawned by Ze Lunatic event. An actual horse, with horse culture.

By the way, would it be possible to have specific cultures for orcs and elfs and all that happy people?

It cant be outdated version, bc it 2.7.1 version.

I have installed related mods (Dark World - Slavery Expanded,Dark World Reborn: Toska,Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions,Dark World - Extra Traits and Other Stuff) and  recieve this traits dublicates.

There are events in Conclave and Reaper's Due DLCs that can spawn characters wih horse culture and ethnicity. Glitterhoof is just the most "recognisable" name of said horse culture.

Glitterhoof is spawned by Ze Lunatic event. An actual horse, with horse culture.

By the way, would it be possible to have specific cultures for orcs and elfs and all that happy people?

There are events in Conclave and Reaper's Due DLCs that can spawn characters wih horse culture and ethnicity. Glitterhoof is just the most "recognisable" name of said horse culture.

Ah. I've never noticed someone spawn with Horse culture or ethnicity.

That said - I'm not going to look to do anything to take them into consideration, and to answer the other culture question - I've no plans on that.

I have installed related mods (Dark World - Slavery Expanded,Dark World Reborn: Toska,Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions,Dark World - Extra Traits and Other Stuff) and  recieve this traits dublicates.

Well, I don't provide mod support for others mods. It still seems like you're doing something wrong though, unless the threads for one of those mods has people experiencing the same.

As folks have mentioned in the past, if you've updated a version or two, consider deleting the mods entirely and then installing them new, to ensure that you don't have some kind of garbage causing issues. This applies to any mods when you're noticing oddities that aren't impacting a bunch of others.

Well, I don't provide mod support for others mods. It still seems like you're doing something wrong though, unless the threads for one of those mods has people experiencing the same.

As folks have mentioned in the past, if you've updated a version or two, consider deleting the mods entirely and then installing them new, to ensure that you don't have some kind of garbage causing issues. This applies to any mods when you're noticing oddities that aren't impacting a bunch of others.

I have found problem:

Dark World - Extra Traits and Other Stuff (ETOS) - by Liqui Turtle http://www.loverslab...-stuff-dw-etos/

Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions - by Noxbestia: http://www.loverslab...st-perversions/

and Hentai submode

They are glitched for main mode.

All another works good.

Ah. I've never noticed someone spawn with Horse culture or ethnicity.

That said - I'm not going to look to do anything to take them into consideration, and to answer the other culture question - I've no plans on that.

Well, it only happens if your character is a lunatic and the event is quite rare. That being said, through the "nominate bishop" law you can actually nominate glitterhoof who will become landed and create a full house of horses. That can lead to pretty hilarious situations.

Found the problem:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/71845-noxbestias-darkest-perversions/?p=2035185

It is part of the on_bi_yearly_pulse section in on_actions, and there are a large number of potentials when you compare them to those also offered in the base CK2 file.

If you're not a fan of the random potential, you can go into the Dark World mod folder, common folder, on_actions, edit the file in there and change the Beauty and Beast one to something like 1000 instead of 100.