[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

I am using Sketchy Cheat Menu with Dark World: Reborn, and am having absolutely no problems with it.  I do not, however, use the Werewolf lines.  I much prefer to use the Incubus/Succubus content.  The only time I have ever had an issue with portraits not working was when I purchased/acquired an Angel type slave, since there are apparently no Angel portraits included.

Yes, the Fairy Tale content is still included.  It does not seem to fire as often as it did in earlier versions, and I do not always get the events in the first few years of the game, but did start getting them after about 10-15 years into my game.

Yes.

The amount of new scripting possibilities is somewhat staggering.

For instance it is possible to add an off world entity much like the chinese emperor in the expansion.

And from what I could see it should be possible to make that entity visible via character flag. In theory it should be possible to rewrite lilith from a dream to someone the player can directly contact.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

New scripting tools?

-offmaps are indeed staggeringly moddable, and a lilith offmap would make much sense, with the currency fueling spells and the statuses reflecting Her changes in mood. Nut there are mamy other goodies:

-you can give events a custom window, so no longer do you need to hijack the vanilla narrative events

-you can specify an scope to be shoen as the right corner portraits, so ping events are no longer useful.

-you can use else_if and else after an if, which are far better than several ifs including breaks (allows for nesting and is much clearer in purpose to folks reading the code).

-Numeric conditions and commands can take vRiables as values, like prestige = some_value

conditional_tooltips, that allow to display conditions only if a trigger clause is satisfied.

-And some more that are less relevant to this mod or that I'm failing to remember.

I'm likely to implement the "lilith as offmap idea myself as a submod if you aren't interested. (though I would likely wait till a new version of DW is out for that.)

Edited by ngppgn
7 hours ago, ngppgn said:

-offmaps are indeed staggeringly moddable, and a lilith offmap would make much sense, with the currency fueling spells and the statuses reflecting Her changes in mood. Nut there are mamy other goodies:

-you can give events a custom window, so no longer do you need to hijack the vanilla narrative events

-you can specify an scope to be shoen as the right corner portraits, so ping events are no longer useful.

-you can use else_if and else after an if, which are far better than several ifs including breaks (allows for nesting and is much clearer in purpose to folks reading the code).

-Numeric conditions and commands can take vRiables as values, like prestige = some_value

conditional_tooltips, that allow to display conditions only if a trigger clause is satisfied.

-And some more that are less relevant to this mod or that I'm failing to remember.

I'm likely to implement the "lilith as offmap idea myself as a submod if you aren't interested. (though I would likely wait till a new version of DW is out for that.)

I recall the variable part. I wanted to see if I could come up with some kind of 'mana' variable for fueling spell like abilities. The only thing I'm not certain about is how I can recharge it - so I wanted to see if there were any kind of monthly pulse options or similar that I could tie into - sort of like how if you're in a society, that currency rating grows every month.

The else_if and else are awesome. I didn't catch that part was in there.

I'm going to need to wrap my brain about the offmap and scope parts - but I really like the idea of not needing ping events any longer.

4 hours ago, dewguru said:

I recall the variable part. I wanted to see if I could come up with some kind of 'mana' variable for fueling spell like abilities. The only thing I'm not certain about is how I can recharge it - so I wanted to see if there were any kind of monthly pulse options or similar that I could tie into - sort of like how if you're in a society, that currency rating grows every month.

The else_if and else are awesome. I didn't catch that part was in there.

I'm going to need to wrap my brain about the offmap and scope parts - but I really like the idea of not needing ping events any longer.

No monthly pulse. But you can fire an event, say when the succubus trait is gaines or w/e and then use repeat_event with days = 30, which would fullfil the same role.

21 hours ago, ngppgn said:

Ah. I wrote an Ahri Breeding Project (with Standard/Fire/Ice as well as Idol/Schoolgirl/Star Guardian variations) with over 20 new events, along with other minor submods and bugfixes... Except I directly integrated it into my 1.55 copy... ;_;

Have no motivation to go back and reverse engineer what I did and why these days...

On 25/11/2017 at 2:20 PM, Stupovich said:

I'm just wondering why with the new update my futa rulers can no longer get their female lovers pregnant as it seems the event for "spend time with" never shows the actual sex scene event. is that intended or not?

I once reported that as a male ruler i could only get a foot fetish scene (which shows 2 women) when i do the 'spend time with' with a futa wife, but seems it was never looked at.

On 11/25/2017 at 3:20 PM, Stupovich said:

I'm just wondering why with the new update my futa rulers can no longer get their female lovers pregnant as it seems the event for "spend time with" never shows the actual sex scene event. is that intended or not?

i've took a look at the code,and apparently it was removed for some reason. only handjob and footjob remain.

Spoiler

# Player is a futa
		if = {
			limit = {
				trait = futa
			}
			random_list = {
				# Old events start
				50 ={ # futa / futa event
					modifier = {
						factor = 0 # turns it from 50 no 0
						event_target:dw_visit_target = { NOT = { trait = futa }} # If the target isn't also a futa
					}
					narrative_event = { id = DWVisits.150 }
				}
				50 ={ # futa / female event
					modifier = {
						factor = 0  # turns it from 50 no 0
						event_target:dw_visit_target = { 
							OR = {
								is_female = no # If it is a man
								trait = futa # If it is a futa
							}
						}
					}
					narrative_event = { id = DWVisits.161 }
				}
				50 ={ # futa / male event
					modifier = {
						factor = 0 # turns it from 50 no 0
						event_target:dw_visit_target = { is_female = yes } # If the target a female
					}
					narrative_event = { id = DWVisits.180 }
				}
				# Old events end

# Our partner is a futa

# Our partner is a female
				50 = { # hand job
					modifier = {
						factor = 0 # Zero means it shouldn't happen
						event_target:dw_visit_target = { 
							trait = futa # If the target is a futa
							is_female = no # If it is a man
						}
					}
					narrative_event = { id = DWVisits.1000 }
				}

# Our partner is a trap

# Our partner is a male

# Our partner is a specific NPC
				250 ={ # Hermione
					modifier = {
						factor = 0
						NOT = { event_target:dw_visit_target = { has_character_flag = dw_npc_hermione }}
					}
					narrative_event = { id = DWVisits.8000 }
				}
				250 = { # Belle gives head
					modifier = {
						factor = 0
						NOT = { event_target:dw_visit_target = { has_character_flag = dw_npc_belle }}
					}
					narrative_event = { id = DWVisits.8920 }
				}
				250 = { # Mey takes her lover
					modifier = {
						factor = 0
						NOT = { event_target:dw_visit_target = { has_character_flag = dw_npc_mey }}
					}
					narrative_event = { id = DWVisits.8101 }
				}
			}
			break = yes # We exit out of the immediate block
		}