[mod] [CK2] Dark World: Reborn - Updated 01MAY2024

My apologies for going offline much, much longer than I expected, and I apologize for I don't presently have plans to look back over the previous stack of pages that passed since I was last online.

Welcome back!  I too have returned and have been running wild with Darkest Perversions.  I am hoping to have the next version up soon, maybe even this weekend.  

DWCourtandCommerce.txt - .3110 Marshall's Morale Building idea

<SNIP>

DWSlavery.txt

<SNIP>

dw_cc_decisions.txt

<SNIP>

I'll take a look at incorporating the first two recommendations.

The last one is one that I don't view as being worth working it out. And I say that after a discussion months ago with another mod author who was working on a slavery mod that sought to do what you recommended. The last I recall is he couldn't get it to work how he was hoping. My using the targetted_decision method arose out of our conversations, which works well enough. Not to say I won't take a stab at it further in the future.

Okay - the update that is being uploaded clears Validator and I'm able to run the game without it dying on me. I honestly don't know exactly where I left off with everything, so there is a very solid chance that a couple things are missing events to take them to completion. As I get back in touch with things, I'll look to plug in what I'm certain are some holes in the content.

Here's the change log for what I'll be uploading here in the coming minutes.

v1.55 (Dark World Reborn)

- Added another recruit option in the Bordello Improvement event

- Added new Bordello options to experience some of your special decisions that are made during the Bordello improvement event chain

- Updated the Bordello event chain, setting up ai_chance ratings that should keep the ai from stealing limited NPCs or triggering global event flags.

- Fixed a bad factor check on one of the Spend Time With events

- Fixed the check that was supposed to limit you from getting Shantae multiple times.

- Fixed - Brothel had a few events set as character_event, which were having image issues as the large image uses narrative_event

- Added another Rule setting - one where you can disable Bestiality. This is specific towards animals, and doesn't include werewolves or other animal like humanoids.

- New character modifiers, opinion modifiers, scripted_triggers, and scripted_affects

- Added images in support of Beyond Heresy mod (provided by Aliris)

Something that might help you is running your game in debug mode while coding.  In doing so, some of us discovered some problems that didn't always show in the validator, but that caused literally thousands of lines of errors being spewed until the game crashed.  I have fixed the offending code in Darkest Perversions, but that doesn't help anyone not running DP.  

Also, running in debug mode has helped me track down a lot of problems in my own work that I probably would have never known were there.  

Something that might help you is running your game in debug mode while coding.  In doing so, some of us discovered some problems that didn't always show in the validator, but that caused literally thousands of lines of errors being spewed until the game crashed.  I have fixed the offending code in Darkest Perversions, but that doesn't help anyone not running DP.  

Also, running in debug mode has helped me track down a lot of problems in my own work that I probably would have never known were there.  

When you say running it in debug mode, are you just talking about the debug options in the command console - or are you launching your game some specific kind of way?

From steam you right click CK2 and select properties.  On the "General" tab, click the "Launch Options" button.  Then enter the following:  -debug -debugscripts  -fullhistoricalsetuplog

next time you run the game, open up the error.log file and be prepared for an onslaught.  With v1.54 I could fill to over 2 GB of logs in like 30 minutes of play then the game would crash.  Most of that is caused by some incorrect checks for buildings.  Here is an example with the incorrect code commented out:

has_valid_brothel = { # A valid Brothel is available
	OR = {
		# any_realm_title = { # This should allow our ruler to scope out and visit it in another location within their realm, as any_realm_province only resolves to locations directly managed
			# OR = {
				# has_building = dw_brothel_1 # Castle
				# has_building = dw_brothel_2
				# has_building = dw_brothel_3
				# has_building = dw_redlight_district_1 # City
				# has_building = dw_redlight_district_2
				# has_building = dw_redlight_district_3
				# has_building = dw_morale_wagon_1 # Nomad
				# has_building = dw_morale_wagon_2
				# has_building = dw_morale_wagon_3
				# has_building = dw_morale_wagon_4
				# has_building = dw_morale_wagon_5
				# has_building = dw_whore_pen_1 # Tribal
				# has_building = dw_whore_pen_2
				# has_building = dw_whore_pen_3
			# }
			# owner = { de_facto_liege = ROOT }
		# }
		any_realm_province = {
			OR = {
				has_building = dw_brothel_1 # Castle
				has_building = dw_brothel_2
				has_building = dw_brothel_3
				has_building = dw_redlight_district_1 # City
				has_building = dw_redlight_district_2
				has_building = dw_redlight_district_3
				has_building = dw_morale_wagon_1 # Nomad
				has_building = dw_morale_wagon_2
				has_building = dw_morale_wagon_3
				has_building = dw_morale_wagon_4
				has_building = dw_morale_wagon_5
				has_building = dw_whore_pen_1 # Tribal
				has_building = dw_whore_pen_2
				has_building = dw_whore_pen_3
			}
		}
	}
}

It may not be a perfect fix for your intent, but it works and it stopped a flood of errors.  Most of the building checks had some sort of problem like this.

EDIT: @gutentag7 is the one who I first notice to have reported this.

EDIT2: I just noticed an extra OR that does nothing in my "corrected" code above.

I find that it isn't required to have all the levels of building being in the list. If you want to check for the existence of a brother, the first level is all that is needed because it won't go away once the building is updated.

About the slavery system, what it lacks is a proper user interface for management of cattle. Something like the prison system, but that gather all the slaves instead.

I find that it isn't required to have all the levels of building being in the list. If you want to check for the existence of a brother, the first level is all that is needed because it won't go away once the building is updated.

About the slavery system, what it lacks is a proper user interface for management of cattle. Something like the prison system, but that gather all the slaves instead.

Alas, making some kind of special user interface for managing cattle isn't something that I'm interesting in taking on. Whenever I've tried to mess with the UI in the past, it has consumed vast amounts of my time, and resulted in less than desirable results, which lead to me just undoing things.

So what you mention would be awesome, but it's not something that I'll be devoting any effort towards.

I really appreciate the word on the how to launch in debug mode. I just did a little 30 minute play test after my last batch of updates and the only output in the error.log was 4 lines that are part of the vanilla CK2.

Is this after 1.55 or after additional work you have done post 1.55?

EDIT: Never-mind, this has to be stuff post 1.55.  I just started a new game with only 1.55 and no other mods and on day 1 before unpausing there were already 84 errors.

I really appreciate the word on the how to launch in debug mode. I just did a little 30 minute play test after my last batch of updates and the only output in the error.log was 4 lines that are part of the vanilla CK2.

EDIT: Never-mind, this has to be stuff post 1.55.  I just started a new game with only 1.55 and no other mods and on day 1 before unpausing there were already 84 errors.

It's post (as you've seen). I've been fiddling around with a society a bit, learning that structure, although I suppose I could package and release the fixes in the meantime. Especially since it's a fair chance that I could get distracted and a month or more passes.

It's post (as you've seen). I've been fiddling around with a society a bit, learning that structure, although I suppose I could package and release the fixes in the meantime. Especially since it's a fair chance that I could get distracted and a month or more passes.

Yes, please!  That would be fabulous if you would do that.

Change log of the update that's just fixes, no new content.

v1.56 (Dark World Reborn)
    - Tweaked the scope of the commanders considered for the Morale building event in the stable
    - Fixed an issue where a pleasure slave wasn't taking into consideration prior whoring if they were a retired whore (thanks to Bicobus for raising this and the above issue)
    - Removed an ancient, unused .gfx file that showed up in the error log after debugging (thanks to Noxbestia for sharing the debug run condition)
    - Removed a bad scope attempt in several building checks that was discovered using the debugging method.
    - Commented out some building checks, using just the first level, as it is still recognized even after upgrades (thanks for that tip by Bicobus)

You're welcomed!

By the way, does 1.55 and 1.56 need a new game or can I just update on the go?

Edit: woops, 1.56 is still not available from the main page :X.

1.56 shouldn't need a new game. I believe 1.55 would be alright, as it doesn't add any new traits, but it does have new scripted_effects and scripted_triggers. I'm not aware of those causing issues with save games, but I've also not tested it.

About to post 1.56 now. I had some work to take care of right after I posted the change log.

Dear awesome mod author.  :D 

Firstly I need to express my utmost gratitude for making this and maintaining it. A million thanks.

Quick question, I seem to be having tentacle kins popping up 30 years into the game even though I disabled 'Seed of Chaos' upon starting a new game and it is rampantly inflicting my female populace faster than i could contain it through kidnapping and execution. 

Is there anyway I could absolutely disable tentacles in my game without disabling your mod or is it that i have missed out something? 

Currently I am running on all your recommended mods and Tian Xia mods. 

Thanks again and keep up the awesome work!
:heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

Firstly I need to express my utmost gratitude for making this and maintaining it. A million thanks.

Quick question, I seem to be having tentacle kins popping up 30 years into the game even though I disabled 'Seed of Chaos' upon starting a new game and it is rampantly inflicting my female populace faster than i could contain it through kidnapping and execution. 

Is there anyway I could absolutely disable tentacles in my game without disabling your mod or is it that i have missed out something? 

Regarding your Tentacle Kin popping up all over, I do not know if the other mod authors that use the Game Rule control that I put in place to prevent tentacle spawn from appearing. If they're not doing a check for it, it would explain why you've got little critters with wiggly parts popping up all over.

I don't use other mods very often, so I can't speak to which one may be causing it, or if it's an issue where I missed a check, although I haven't experienced what you said when playing with just Dark World Reborn, and that's even when I've got Seed of Chaos active. So that makes me wonder if one of the other mods has some kind of tentacle event that's firing.

Are you seeing any other tentacle related events besides a bunch of tentacle-kin kids?

Its succubus spell from Toska mod infesting your game. To stop it:

1.Open mod/dwtoska/decisions/.txt file; search for "dw_spell_tentaclebeast" and change line under it "ai=yes" to "ai=no"

To clean your save game:

2.Open mod/Dark World Reborn/common/traits/dw_traits.txt; search for "tentacle = { # Mind Flayer or Tentacle-Kin" and change line "inherit_chance = xx" under it to "inherit_chance = 0".

Kids born after should be "clean".

Ok, I finally worked out why the enslave character target decision wasn't working, there is a spelling mistake for "targeted_decision = {}" in dw_cc_decisions, it was spelled "targetted_decision" in the txt.

That should not be a problem - both targetted_decisions and targeted_decisions have always worked (actually, fun fact: in the earlier verisions of the game only targetted_decisions worked). So whatever the issue was, it's most likely that wasn't it.

That should not be a problem - both targetted_decisions and targeted_decisions have always worked (actually, fun fact: in the earlier verisions of the game only targetted_decisions worked). So whatever the issue was, it's most likely that wasn't it.

Bummer, you are right, changing it didn't work.

Did a brief scan of the past 50 pages and didn't see this, so I apologize if it has already been asked and answered:

What is the trigger that creates Evolution:Corrupter? I don't always get it.

Evolution Corrupter? Are you talking about being a Succubus or Incubus? If so, you need to be holding Blood Moon Events, and upon their completion, you should be informed of you obtaining a new 'rank', until you cap it out.

Bummer, you are right, changing it didn't work.

What slave building do you have in your capital - to include the level of the slave building? What is the age of the person you're trying to enslave?

What slave building do you have in your capital - to include the level of the slave building? What is the age of the person you're trying to enslave?

I first realized the decision wasn't available when I was playing a custom character, the character was 25 years old and a count in the HRE, I built the first level of the slave dungeon, but the decision was not there for my prisoners, like it wasn't even greyed out, its just not there.

I then started the game several times as an existing character to see if it was just some freak occurrence, I started on the earliest date and picked one of the tribal governments in Scandinavia.

I cheated to get the tech and money required to build the slave pens fully upgraded, I imprisoned one of my courtiers, and it didn't work, I then convert to feudalism, built a castle, and then slave dungeons fully upgraded and I still couldn't enslave my imprisoned courtier.

All of the characters I played had only one county, I made sure to remove all mods to narrow down the issue.

Is it working for you? I tried comparing the decision file from the new version to the old, they seem identical, so I am at a loss as to what the problem seems to be.